Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-01-2007, 10:26 AM   #1251
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I may have missed it but it seems like there wasn't much pressure put on Marathoner...

My vote is on him and will remain on him, unless someone gives some really compelling case for someone else.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #1252
Swaggs
Coordinator

Dola...

and I don't buy the bodyguard defense from him or others. A muscle magazine does not fit the profile of an ex-special ops member to me. I had anticipated that defense, but I still think the smart money is on him being mafia muscle, with a chance that he is a simple (independent) thug.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:30 AM   #1253
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I tend to agree with swaggs. I also think it is important for the real bodyguard not to reveal.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:31 AM   #1254
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote marathoner
Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #1255
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

If the true bodyguard were to come out, couldn't he/she just buy a bulletproof vest to protect him/herself?
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:33 AM   #1256
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, I'm thinking I'll be issuing an arrest warrant either way, depending on the results of the search. What I'm not sure of is how I learn the results of the search.

If the results of the search on you look positive, I would expect to issue an arrest warrant for Marathoner.

If the results of the search on you look negative, I would expect to issue an arrest warrant for you.

I've also received a request from a detective in the last 10.5 hours to search Marathoner's home. I'll have a window of time to honor that if people feel that is needed. It could be a good validation for moving from arrest to convict, depending on the results. That also assumes I would still be holding this position at midnight to issue a 2nd search warrant.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 10:34 AM   #1257
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This looks like a good spot to post in this game. Hi, everyone.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:41 AM   #1258
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
my comment on Blade is nothing more than a guess. the statement before that wasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
oy vey.

In that case I suppose not being a jerk demands that I

UNVOTE NTNDEACON

and hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
To me that indicates the exact obvious...evil knows who is good, and who is evil. They also dont want to be in the spotlight unless its necessary(like to save their mafia boss). What your saying, if i follow, is he swapped off a guy who turned out to be good(did that person get lynched?) to someone we have yet to kill. To me that means he knew the person would come up good and didnt want to have to answer why he voted him

I still read DT's vote switch as a result of ntn's comment. But I could be mistaken of course. I don't see what he's done that warrants a vote right now.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #1259
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
If the true bodyguard were to come out, couldn't he/she just buy a bulletproof vest to protect him/herself?

I'm not sure it is so cut and dry. I think that mechanic would throw the game off somewhat.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #1260
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #1259:
Marathoner - Swaggs (1140), Lathum (1254)
DaddyTorgo - Blade6119 (1219), Narcizo (1240)
Old 03-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #1261
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dammit. My big long post was eaten by the interweb. I'll summarize
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:30 AM   #1262
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I wanted to put this out there - if people are unsatisfied with me in the role of judge I would encourage them to work towards an alternate candidate earlier rather than later.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:34 AM   #1263
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

path is correct...my vote switch was a result of ntn expressing trust in me. I didn't want to be a jerk and keep my vote on him in light of that...that's pretty "bad manners" if you will.

honestly I don't see what i've done to inspire such rage blade, aside from not believing you. Aside from having a flair for those dramatical last-second theatrics, I felt that switching my vote would enable me to get more information about 3 players in the game (cronin, you, and hoops) as opposed to keeping my vote where it was (on swaggs actually) where it was essentially a throwaway. My interactions with you seemed benign, but hoops made a decent case that there could be more to you than that, and at worse I figured we'd lose the jewler but maybe preserve the banker/doctor or someone else important.

I think there are certainly others who are deserving of more scrutiny than myself at this point in time.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:45 AM   #1264
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Hoops, I have not done my day action yet so I have not added anybody to my cot. Barkeep and Blade remain the only two in there so far. I am think i am going to preform my action soon though.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 11:52 AM   #1265
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Here is a scenario that I thought was an interesting one which I thought about while eating lunch. Swaggs claims to be the janitor who can check people's garbage every other day. Well he did find some interesting stuff about Marathoner...or so we all believe. He wants to clear his name (and rightfully so) so he wants the search warrant issued for himself and even offers for it to be as soon as possible.

That warrant would most likely come up clean and that would clear Swaggs' name, or would it? That would allow him to gain a lot of people's trust and at the same time allow him to join the mafia if he is offered to do so. So now that he is cleared by the Judge & Detective everyone thinks he's a good guy, but he would really be working with the mafia by doing the checking they want to do. Even if he does check a mob members' trash he would just make something up with what he found.
Old 03-01-2007, 11:59 AM   #1266
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsak16 View Post
Here is a scenario that I thought was an interesting one which I thought about while eating lunch. Swaggs claims to be the janitor who can check people's garbage every other day. Well he did find some interesting stuff about Marathoner...or so we all believe. He wants to clear his name (and rightfully so) so he wants the search warrant issued for himself and even offers for it to be as soon as possible.

That warrant would most likely come up clean and that would clear Swaggs' name, or would it? That would allow him to gain a lot of people's trust and at the same time allow him to join the mafia if he is offered to do so. So now that he is cleared by the Judge & Detective everyone thinks he's a good guy, but he would really be working with the mafia by doing the checking they want to do. Even if he does check a mob members' trash he would just make something up with what he found.

I find this unlikely. Most of the time it is predetermined who can and can't be converted and they have no knowledge before hand.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:02 PM   #1267
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

But wouldn't someone who makes a little as he says be tempted by the money that mafia could have?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:03 PM   #1268
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

NOT A WEREWOLF POST:

Over on the Off Topic board, I am currently hosting the 150th I'm With Stupid! If you've ever played, why not try one more entry for old times sake? If you've never played, this is a great chance to get in! Just pm me your answers to 7 questions - no need to do research or anything! I'll even post a linky to the thready:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=57272

Thanks to several of you playing this game who have already responded!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:04 PM   #1269
hoopsguy
General Manager

Let's see how Swaggs checks out first before we start speculatin' too much on what might happen to him tomorrow or the next day.

Way I see it, I don't have many I trust at the moment, but if Swaggs entered my home, rifled through my stuff, and didn't try to make me out to be a basket case on event of the pills/magazines after I unwittingly supported the mob boss, then he moves up my list. Especially if the search comes up clean.
Old 03-01-2007, 12:09 PM   #1270
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
NOT A WEREWOLF POST:

Over on the Off Topic board, I am currently hosting the 150th I'm With Stupid! If you've ever played, why not try one more entry for old times sake? If you've never played, this is a great chance to get in! Just pm me your answers to 7 questions - no need to do research or anything! I'll even post a linky to the thready:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=57272

Thanks to several of you playing this game who have already responded!

In other news, here's a tip:

Don;t play in a pm heavy WW game and run an IWS and set up hosting a WW game all at the same time. Your pm box explodes.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #1271
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

Don;t play in a pm heavy WW game and run an IWS and set up hosting a WW game all at the same time. Your pm box explodes.

HA!!

did you like my aneversiry question?
Old 03-01-2007, 12:13 PM   #1272
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't know anything about PM box explosions <.<
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #1273
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
HA!!

did you like my aneversiry question?

Its one of many that made me chuckle

Old 03-01-2007, 01:39 PM   #1274
kingfc22
Head Coach

Chief put my money on the Blazers.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #1275
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm surprised there is so little talk since I was here late last night/early this morning. Marathoner isn't looking too hoog. I don't suppose I will get someone to clear things up before I leave for work in in hour and a half will I?

Anyway, I will be around for about an hour, so if anyone wants to talk the politics side of things here and has any questions for me, feel free and ask. I have been upfront about everything in this game, except for what I choose to hold back to protect my customers.

For the record, the mafia boss only attempted to bet with me once, and it was a actually a very small bet that I ended up returning because we went in a different direction than he wanted to go.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:17 PM   #1276
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

hoog == good. Wow...
Old 03-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #1277
kingfc22
Head Coach

Well, I have to go to work and won't be home til way past the deadline.

With only 2 guys getting votes so far and very little info to go on. I am going to vote for DT rather than Marathoner. Simply comes down to the fact that at this point I have more trust in Blade than Swaggs.

Vote DaddyTorgo
Old 03-01-2007, 02:44 PM   #1278
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I have less time here. There really doesn't seem to have been anything to discuss further here. DT has denied that he's a bad guy and that's about it. I don't like leaving my vote without a chance of retraction but I don't have a choice.

If anyone would like to ask me something please do so and I'll try and answer tomorrow, presuming I'm still around.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 02:50 PM   #1279
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm basically waiting to see if a detective picks up the search warrant. I can't issue another one to look at Marathoner, so if they are waiting for me to do that they will have to wait until after the vote. So I would strongly encourage one of the detectives to check out Swaggs so we can begin the process (whatever that is) of getting information out in the open.
Old 03-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #1280
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I still read DT's vote switch as a result of ntn's comment. But I could be mistaken of course. I don't see what he's done that warrants a vote right now.

Quote:
path is correct...my vote switch was a result of ntn expressing trust in me. I didn't want to be a jerk and keep my vote on him in light of that...that's pretty "bad manners" if you will.

honestly I don't see what i've done to inspire such rage blade, aside from not believing you. Aside from having a flair for those dramatical last-second theatrics, I felt that switching my vote would enable me to get more information about 3 players in the game (cronin, you, and hoops) as opposed to keeping my vote where it was (on swaggs actually) where it was essentially a throwaway. My interactions with you seemed benign, but hoops made a decent case that there could be more to you than that, and at worse I figured we'd lose the jewler but maybe preserve the banker/doctor or someone else important.

I think there are certainly others who are deserving of more scrutiny than myself at this point in time.
Did you read my like 15 posts of quotes explaining why i distrust you? Another factor, which i havent really touched on, is i firmly believe that at least 1 other evil voted me in an attempt to save cronin. So that leave you, hoops, swaggs, and bsak. I tend to trust hoops, for reasons ive laid out. Bsak i frankly dont know about, so i dont want to damn him on a whim. Swaggs has done a role reveal, though one im shaky on being good, but he has consistently been trying to work with us today. You, you have done nothing but say its not me, and the fact you were the only person who should have trusted me through all of yesterday and didnt adds to the heat.

This post in particular screamed wolf to me, a post you made to hoopsguy:
Quote:
well I know a warrant on me would be wasted. You won't find anything interesting. Just me being stupid and swayed by your crazy theory hoops.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:09 PM   #1281
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'm out of time, so I need to vote. I want to get more information on Marathoner, but that won't happen in time. He had a couple driveby votes earlier in the game that came at what I thought were key times, so he was already on my radar a bit. And then Swaggs xame out with his reveal, which I tend to buy at the moment. So I'm going with Marathoner. Blade, your theory is interesting, but I need to see more evidence rather than just conjecture to support it as it is right now.

VOTE MARATHONER
Old 03-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #1282
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

So, your getting a lot of PMs? Interesting
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:10 PM   #1283
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

BETTING IS OVER FOR THE DAY!!!

Thansk to those of you in on the fun. Tonight's bet will be on the Blazers!!!

Good luck!
Old 03-01-2007, 03:19 PM   #1284
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I'm out of time, so I need to vote. I want to get more information on Marathoner, but that won't happen in time. He had a couple driveby votes earlier in the game that came at what I thought were key times, so he was already on my radar a bit. And then Swaggs xame out with his reveal, which I tend to buy at the moment. So I'm going with Marathoner. Blade, your theory is interesting, but I need to see more evidence rather than just conjecture to support it as it is right now.

VOTE MARATHONER
And what evidence do you have on marathoner? I have visited DT in person, he was a late vote swap to save the mafia boss, has a clear record of having similar targets as cronin even back on day one, and we have multiple interactions between the two that dont exist with other players cronin was around.

Marathoner, you have?? What? That swaggs found body-building magazines? I think your more likely to kill a bodyguard then a mafioso...by the way, i wouldnt trust swaggs' role reveal until hoops' investigation is run. He revealed it right after his vote to save cronin suddenly looked terrible and he needed an out. Im not saying hes evil, but im not sure why everyone has taken his reveal as fact right now.
Demotivation
Old 03-01-2007, 03:26 PM   #1285
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And what evidence do you have on marathoner? I have visited DT in person, he was a late vote swap to save the mafia boss, has a clear record of having similar targets as cronin even back on day one, and we have multiple interactions between the two that dont exist with other players cronin was around.

Marathoner, you have?? What? That swaggs found body-building magazines? I think your more likely to kill a bodyguard then a mafioso...by the way, i wouldnt trust swaggs' role reveal until hoops' investigation is run. He revealed it right after his vote to save cronin suddenly looked terrible and he needed an out. Im not saying hes evil, but im not sure why everyone has taken his reveal as fact right now.

It's just a gut feeling right now. I don't leap to trusting you because I have seen your throw shit at the wall until something sticks act before, and I view it as rather hit and miss. Nothing you have said about your encounter with DT says to me mafia more than Swaggs' statements about Marathoner's trash. And Marathoner vibes with me personally because of his hit-and-run/UTR-styled voting patterns so far, while DT has been very active and out in the open.

Things can change, of course--there isn't a little of information out there right now. If more information on the warrants came back, then that would help a lot, but it doesn't look like they will before I leave.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:31 PM   #1286
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It's just a gut feeling right now. I don't leap to trusting you because I have seen your throw shit at the wall until something sticks act before, and I view it as rather hit and miss. Nothing you have said about your encounter with DT says to me mafia more than Swaggs' statements about Marathoner's trash. And Marathoner vibes with me personally because of his hit-and-run/UTR-styled voting patterns so far, while DT has been very active and out in the open.

Things can change, of course--there isn't a little of information out there right now. If more information on the warrants came back, then that would help a lot, but it doesn't look like they will before I leave.
You know, i really get pissed off when people say that about me. I dont throw shit at the wall, i have suspects and go after them the same as you. I said for the first two days quite clearly cronin was my first, my last, my every suspect. Now im saying its DT...im not throwing shit at the walls, and ill thank you to never say that to me again.
Demotivation
Old 03-01-2007, 03:42 PM   #1287
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You know, i really get pissed off when people say that about me. I dont throw shit at the wall, i have suspects and go after them the same as you. I said for the first two days quite clearly cronin was my first, my last, my every suspect. Now im saying its DT...im not throwing shit at the walls, and ill thank you to never say that to me again.

I'll describe it how I want. I don't deny that you can and have gotten results. I will also, however, ask you to not ask me not believe my own eyes and experience watching you pinion numerous people in numerous games and being dead wrong. We all have our theories, and if you think you get yours right every time, I got news for you. You don't.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:01 PM   #1288
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The Big City Herald
Edition 13

Police support of new judge low?

The spirits were high around town when a new judge was elected, however you have to start to wonder if the current judge had the backing of the city's police force. Word has it that no warrants signed by the judge have yet been picked up by any cop. I'm not sure what to make of it, but this reporter feels if the mafia is to be wiped out of this town, the law enforcement officials need to work together!

Mafia fix on NBA game?

The NBA denies any allegations that the Big City mafia have had any influence on tonight's Blazers vs Bobcats game. Local officials begun to have suspicions based on a large amount of money that has been placed on the game from unknown betters. "I'm not saying the fix is on, but maybe these betters just know something that I don't", stated a local gaming official.

Where is Tyrith, where are my glasses?

The top stories today have been the ongoing discussions of who the lynch mob should target next. With the mob's success last night, it appears there might be no slowing them down. Early candidates appear to be DaddyTorgo who evidentally has a gold ring of Sauron, and Marathoner that likes looking at Arnold S. magazines perhaps a bit too much. There appears to be very little talk however about where Tyrith might be. Evidentally he seems to just be misplaced as my glasses are. Hopefully its not too late to save his life!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:02 PM   #1289
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Poor Tyrith
Old 03-01-2007, 04:03 PM   #1290
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Lathum or Anxiety, got a COT?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:09 PM   #1291
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post

right now I trust blade and myself, thats pretty much it.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:12 PM   #1292
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

and i guess Tyrith if he is still alive
Old 03-01-2007, 04:13 PM   #1293
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Who did you vote for judge Lathum?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #1294
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Who did you vote for judge Lathum?

hoops, why the inquisition?
Old 03-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #1295
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Why are you asking Hoopsguy? And I am bored, and you are the only other person on.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:24 PM   #1296
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Why are you asking Hoopsguy? And I am bored, and you are the only other person on.

I VOTED for hoops.
Old 03-01-2007, 04:37 PM   #1297
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Blade. Me. hoops sorta.

Old 03-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #1298
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Based on his kidnapping I sort of trust anxiety, i think that would be a stupid way to convert someone so he is probably ok
Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #1299
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
right now I trust blade and myself, thats pretty much it.

Why would you not trust me? I was abducted yesterday, that seems pretty set in stone. I mentioned that they wanted me to work for the boss before I escaped. Why would I mention anythign that sounds like conversion if I had been converted? I;d want to keep that out of the conversation. Likewise, why mention the crime at all, since its only self reported? Because if I report it, and say nothing of anything that smells of conversion, there's still a chance that someone might start crying "Convert, convert!"

If I were converted, my actions would be very risky, with little reward. That's the evidence you have, so it seems you should at least trust me somewhat.

-Anxiety

Old 03-01-2007, 04:41 PM   #1300
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

VOTE MARATHONER

nothing more than self-preservation