Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #1251
DrDoom
H.S. Freshman Team

Perhaps we fear to attack a Prelate for doing so without cause increases the traitors' chances for victory. It is exactly what they will be aiming to do.

That said, Doom agrees that we must seek out treachery wherever it lay. Don't be surprised though if one of the other 28 members of our company seeks it in your house. One must take what one dishes out.

I must retire to my castle. I hope to find a way to aid us in our quests tomorrow.
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:47 PM   #1252
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision View Post
Wanda, your rhetoric borders on the hysterical. Your words and attacks seemed erratic at the end portion of the evening, and it does not appear as though there was much of a reaction - the Surfer delivers immense power to be sure, but he acted alone, remember.

It is your second paragraph that is most troubling to me at the moment, though. Surely you can see the advantages from a rebel perspective in "throwing" a round, so as to get credit for helping our cause. If anything, I would speculate that the Sentinel mission seemed likely to succeed anyway, with four more heroes committed to it than the failed mission of the previous day.

I for one do not have you as especially suspicious at this time, but the shrillness of your protestations can reasonably be expected to draw attention.

I understand your reservations. But please remember that I acted alone as well -- I did not gather other forces to join me in my attack. It was a mere retaliation, followed by a speech of mind on my part.

I also understand your reasoning regarding "throwing" a round. What I was trying to point out was that, given what little we have to go on, there's much less reason to suspect me compared to others.

Thank you for the advice regarding my tone. I will attempt to keep the shrillness to a minimum when dealing with the "Heroes" we are placed with.
Scarlet Witch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 10:51 PM   #1253
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apocolypse View Post

In order to attack a Prelate I expect more evidence than they hit me. There should be some argument that they are of the rebellion before attacking them.

Indeed, Master. And we are approaching a point, in my opinion, when we must apply this standard to all attacks, at least any attacks to participating members of our company. (I say participating, because I still believe we have among us a few unproductive souls which may be culled for no further reason than that.)

With over 1200 portions of dialogue, and reaction to three loyal subjects' deaths, and four mission results I move that the "hit and run", no-discussion type of attacks must begin to garner some amount of suspicion.

At this point, since I must go soon to recharge my solar cell for the evening, let me tie up a loose end or two: I fully recognize that my own attack on Gambit was exactly the sort of attack I describe above, and as this is not the sort of behavior I deem best for our cadre, I wish to offer an explanation -

I arrived at our base for but a few moments before events would quickly call me away again, and in reviewing the event records to catch up, I mistakenly believed that the aggressive questions that Mimic was drawing to himself were signs of an impending pile-on. I quickly reviewed who had participated the least thus far to our discussions, and saw Gambit's name at the bottom of the list, so chose to attack him.

For the record, I still feel strongly suspicious of two of my lord's prelates, Mimic being one of them, but in accordance with Apocalypse's direction, I will not seek to attack either until and unless I get more of an impression.

With that, I fear my batteries must recharge, and wish us all well for the night.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:59 PM   #1254
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet Witch View Post
I understand your reservations. But please remember that I acted alone as well -- I did not gather other forces to join me in my attack. It was a mere retaliation, followed by a speech of mind on my part.

I also understand your reasoning regarding "throwing" a round. What I was trying to point out was that, given what little we have to go on, there's much less reason to suspect me compared to others.

Thank you for the advice regarding my tone. I will attempt to keep the shrillness to a minimum when dealing with the "Heroes" we are placed with.

I see that you are of a mind to continue the discussion, and I would not be so crass as to intentionally fail to respond, my dear.

I sense a bit of sarcasm in your third paragraph, but I shall respond in good faith to the words you've spoken.

Your second paragraph, regarding the gaining of trust following your magnificent showing, has merit. I'll remind you, though, that following his starring role in the first day's mission, my ex-father-in-law Magneto was accorded both kinds of attention: Those seeking to elevate their trust in him for his valor, and also those who saw deception in his every word and deed.

By this I seek to illustrate that we are all indeed blind, with our eyes closed and covered, roaming in a dark room. Mistrust abounds, and trust is to be afforded but sparingly. Our only hope lies in those of us with the ability to do so, to gather fact-based information to help us tell good from evil.
Old 10-08-2008, 11:02 PM   #1255
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

[ ooc - Post whoring has been detected! Professor X has escaped from n00b-land, and risen to the exalted realm of Mascot-ville! I hope hoops doesn't delete this thread now to take Charles down a peg!!! lolz ]
Old 10-08-2008, 11:07 PM   #1256
Tyrith
College Starter

Too bad we don't have post counts still, or we could have the hilarious experience of people post whoring on accounts that only purpose for existing is a single game of Werewolf.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:10 PM   #1257
Firebird
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Too bad we don't have post counts still, or we could have the hilarious experience of people post whoring on accounts that only purpose for existing is a single game of Werewolf.

ooc I find this funny
Firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2008, 11:18 PM   #1258
SilverSurfer
Mascot

Surely the first choices of our seer(s) are targeting Prelates to discover allegiances. I would expect to be informed in the event of one of them being a traitor. The justice would be swift yet fair, I'd expect.
SilverSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 12:08 AM   #1259
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I'd run this by him, but maybe you can bury your attacks on Mr. Fantastic? I thought he argued somewhere that he can take a beating.

I'm all about the defense / very little offense, and I have ways to keep myself from dying.. but they would require me to waste time and energy better used for the purpose of hunting out traitors.

I don't really necessarily like the idea of giving someone a proposed place to "throw away" their attack daily either without scrutiny. I think the best approach would be for him to dedicate his resources to try to kill traitors rather than revenge acts from people that were trying to get to the bottom of the discrepancy of stories between the Colossus and the Silver Samurai.
Mr.Fantastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:37 AM   #1260
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I suggest that if there is anyone left when an ability to guard someone independently then they do so on the Silver Surfer. I would imagine he is the Prelate most at risk and also the Prelate left exposed by Jean's oversight.

Like Mr Fantastic I am somewhat perplexed that the Gambit/Spiderman duo were felt worthy of more investigation than the Silver Samurai/Colossos pairing. Despite Colossos' talk of a multiplier the fact remains that both Samurai and Colossos claim they attacked the Torch with a standard attack, and yet he suffered considerable damage. Unless we are to believe that Colossus is capable of dealing out more damage than the Hulk it is clear that one of the two is lying or someone has the ability to damage someone without revealing their handiwork. And yet Spiderman and Gambit were targeted because it is felt they weren't contributing enough?
EmmaFrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 01:40 AM   #1261
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I must say that Colossos' convenient inability to make an attack by which we could measure the power of his strikes elevates him above the Samarai asthe more suspicious of the two.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:50 AM   #1262
SilverSamurai
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaFrost View Post
Again time is against me, I am forced to make a choice.

Attack Silver Samurai

He was, perhaps, too eager to associate with my initial plan of mutual attacks without any discussion and did not provide any reason for attacking the Human Torch. He was also quick to highlight Colossus as a viable target of attack today.

Many made comments about me today, but it seems this maho shojo Miss Frost has come closest to an accusation, so I will respond.

You say I was quick to highlight Colossus as a viable attack, but clearly there was something to suspect there. Colossus himself admitted he did the damage, although he explained it away as his powerful effect when he attacks. Therefore I was telling the truth--I did but merely add a feathertouch of pain to the Human Torch's countenance, and best for him that that is all I did, considering what Colossus did with a pat on the back.

Yagaru no desu! You challenge my loyalties because I was quick to follow your very own plan? How silly are you? If I am but a foolish follower, how much more the fool is the leader of fools, eh?

To the rest of you, question my motives all you want. None of you are worthy of judging me, so your suspicions matter little. I will fight for the cause of Apocalypse as I see fit, while you all squabble about word choice and eagerness.

I will say I surely must be choberiba--very bad--at this rebellion thing, if I would put myself out there before you as I have.
SilverSamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 02:02 AM   #1263
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSamurai View Post
Yagaru no desu! You challenge my loyalties because I was quick to follow your very own plan? How silly are you? If I am but a foolish follower, how much more the fool is the leader of fools, eh?

Not at all. There are many cases where traitors have attached themselves quickly to plans that they consider would aid their own cause. I believe that my plan was a viable alternative but it is very possible that, were you a traitor and believed it benefited your cause, you would seek to attach yourself to the cause. Then, should the plan fail, one of the traitors could point to me as the architect of the whole thing.

[ ooc - for an example, Poli's following Narcizo's voting No Lynch on day two of the Heroes game ]

And there remains the question of the excess damage suffered by Johnny Storm. As I have stated I can only see four explanations for this - you did more damage than you claim, Colossos did more damage than he claims, Colossos deals out a lot of damage or a third party was able to hurt Johnny covertly. As I've just stated I now believe that Colossos appears more guilty.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:03 AM   #1264
Hulk
n00b

Quote:
Unless we are to believe that Colossus is capable of dealing out more damage than the Hulk it is clear that one of the two is lying or someone has the ability to damage someone without revealing their handiwork.

HULK NOT SAY ANYTHING TO LIE ABOUT AND NO ONE, NOT EVEN METAL MAN, STRONGER THAN HULK!!!!! WANT HULK TO PROVE IT???? HULK HIT SHINY MAN!!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 02:09 AM   #1265
EmmaFrost
Mascot

In order to gain a better understanding of who is attacking whom with how much power I think it would be beneficial if we all stated how much damage our base attack inflicts. I should be able to calculate a good deal but it would be more accurate if everyone states this. As I have said, I inflict 2 points of damage as a base. This should allow us to deduce who is reponsible for anomylous amounts of damage. Note again that the damage we are shown is the "intended" amount of damage inflicted, not the actual amount. Therefore Colossus' argument that Johnny is fragile doesn't stand up- The effects of that vulnerability would not be seen in the amount of damage related to us.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:14 AM   #1266
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
HULK NOT SAY ANYTHING TO LIE ABOUT AND NO ONE, NOT EVEN METAL MAN, STRONGER THAN HULK!!!!! WANT HULK TO PROVE IT???? HULK HIT SHINY MAN!!!!

I don't think anyone doubts that you are the strongest amongst us, my hot-tempered friend.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:48 AM   #1267
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Day 2. Damage Report:

Gambit: 17 (Kang, Vision, Jean Grey, Dr Doom, Human Torch, Nightcrawler, Hulk, Henry Pym, Apocalypse, Beast)
Spider-Man: 8 (Magneto, Cable, Punisher, IronFist, Firebird, Prof X)
Colossus: 6 (Silver Samurai, Ghost Rider, Nick Fury, Mr Fantastic)
Aardwolf: 3 (Quicksilver, Mimic)
SilverSamurai: 3 (Aardwolf, Emma Frost)
Scarlet Witch: 2 (Silver Surfer)
Hulk: 1 (Gambit)
Silver Surfer: 1 (Scarlet Witch)

No Attack: Colossus, Spider-Man.

Day 1. Damage Report:

IronFist - 10 (Jean Grey, Kang, Ghost Rider, Cable, Vision, Nightcrawler, Beast, Prof X)
HumanTorch - 7 (Colossus, Silver Samurai)
DrDoom - 5 (Mr Fantastic, Nick Fury, Human Torch, Firebird, IronFist)
Apocalypse - 4 (Hulk)
Spider-Man - 3 (Punisher)
Colossus - 2 ( )
JeanGrey - 2 (QuickSilver)
Vision - 2 (Emma Frost)
Hulk - 2 (Apocalypse)
SilverSamurai - 2 (Silver Surfer)
Gambit - 2 (Henry Pym)
Magneto - 1 (Scarlet Witch)
EmmaFrost - 1 (Aardwolf)
NickFury - 1 (Magneto)
Jewel - 1 (Mimic)
Punisher - 1 (SpiderMan)

No Attack - Dr Doom, Dr Strange, Jewel, Gambit

1 point standard attack
2 point standard attack
3 point standard attack
4 point standard attack
Uncertain attack
Old 10-09-2008, 02:53 AM   #1268
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Anyone should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in my calculations. If pressed I would guess that Kang, Ghost Rider and Dr Doom inflict 2 points of damage as well, while Silver Samari also inflicts 2 points or powered up his attack on Colossos or Ghost Rider inflicts 3 points.

The calculations about the 5 attacking Dr Doom on day one may be wrong as well, considering IronFist used a special attack, which he claimed destroyed Doom's forcefield. If that doesn't count as any damage then one of the other 4 must have inflicted 2 points of damage.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:05 AM   #1269
EmmaFrost
Mascot

SilverSamurai on Mission (Post #731)
Cable on Mission (Post #785)
Vision on Mission (Post #792)
HenryPym on Mission (Post #795)
Nightcrawler on Mission (Post #910)
Beast on Mission (Post #917)
Firebird on Mission (Post #921)
Quicksilver on Mission (Post #925)
Magneto on Mission (Post #943)
Aardwolf on Mission (Post #961)
Punisher on Mission (Post #1028)

Hulk on Galactus (Post #937)
HumanTorch on Galactus (Post #951)
SilverSurfer on Galactus (Post #952)
Colossus on Galactus (Post #962)
Gambit on Galactus (Post #977)
Jean Grey on Galactus (Post #1030)

Scarlet Witch - Special Attack (Post #1055)

Ironfist protect Jean Grey by Apocalypse (Post #1115)
Nick Fury protect Kang by Mimic (Post #1124)
Ghost Rider protect Mimic by Silver Surfer (post #1138)
Emma Frost protect Mimic by Jean Grey (post #1170)

Free:
Apocalypse, Professor X, Mr Fantastic, Mimic, Kang, Dr Doom, Spiderman.

I think it goes without saying that we need to better organise our efforts tomorrow. Unfortunately as the proportion of traitors increases that may prove to be increasingly hard to achieve. I am curious as to why the Prelates did not place orders to protect themselves if the route of full Prelate protection was being followed.

I notice that Mimic has twice ordered people I would consider best left to their own devices to perform tasks for him. Admittedly Hank's decision to take part in the Sentinel raid suggests that I may be incorrect in my assumptions of his abilities. But even if that is the case then Mimic could not have known that fact at the time. I further note that Professor X has been able to do as he pleases for both days. As has Doom. I would like to see them make a contribution soon.

Finally we still require a fifth prelate. I beg our master to make a decision in that regard as quickly as possible.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:58 AM   #1270
Punisher
High School JV

Quote:
Day 2. Damage Report:

Gambit: 17 (Kang, Vision, Jean Grey, Dr Doom, Human Torch, Nightcrawler, Hulk, Henry Pym, Apocalypse, Beast)

Day 1. Damage Report:

IronFist - 10 (Jean Grey, Kang, Ghost Rider, Cable, Vision, Nightcrawler, Beast, Prof X)
Apocalypse - 4 (Hulk)
Colossus - 2 ( )
Vision - 2 (Emma Frost)
Hulk - 2 (Apocalypse)
Gambit - 2 (Henry Pym)
EmmaFrost - 1 (Aardwolf)
NickFury - 1 (Magneto)
Jewel - 1 (Mimic)
Punisher - 1 (SpiderMan)

1 point standard attack
2 point standard attack
3 point standard attack
4 point standard attack
Uncertain attack

I only tried to hit Charlotte with 1 point yesterday due to spending a number of points on the mission.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:00 AM   #1271
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Anyone should feel free to correct me if I'm wrong in my calculations. If pressed I would guess that Kang, Ghost Rider and Dr Doom inflict 2 points of damage as well, while Silver Samari also inflicts 2 points or powered up his attack on Colossos or Ghost Rider inflicts 3 points.

The calculations about the 5 attacking Dr Doom on day one may be wrong as well, considering IronFist used a special attack, which he claimed destroyed Doom's forcefield. If that doesn't count as any damage then one of the other 4 must have inflicted 2 points of damage.

I inflict 1 point of damage. Do you assume that Quicksilver inflicted 2 points of damage on Aardwolf yesterday?
Mimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:05 AM   #1272
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I notice that Mimic has twice ordered people I would consider best left to their own devices to perform tasks for him. Admittedly Hank's decision to take part in the Sentinel raid suggests that I may be incorrect in my assumptions of his abilities. But even if that is the case then Mimic could not have known that fact at the time.
I believe you're skewing the numbers here. Every Prelate ordered people yesterday and on the first day I ordered Beast to go along on the mutant hunting mission because I was suspicious of the Professor X/Magneto alliance (remember the Beast was also suspicious of them). As it stands, I was the only Prelate to order someone on Day 1 and if using power is suspicious then I am guilty of that.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:12 AM   #1273
hoopsguy
General Manager

New sleep pattern for my daughter is once again pushing back the post of night actions. Should be up somewhere in the 7-9AM timeframe.

However, to paraphrase Stan Lee, YOU WILL NOT WANT TO MISS THIS!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:15 AM   #1274
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punisher View Post
I only tried to hit Charlotte with 1 point yesterday due to spending a number of points on the mission.

So your base attack is 1? Why did you feel it necessary to attack somebody with more than minimal force on day one when there was no real way of knowing who the villains were?

All my pretty colour coding work goes to waste.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:17 AM   #1275
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
New sleep pattern for my daughter is once again pushing back the post of night actions.

[ooc ] Hope that that is good news. Although boo at the delayed deadline
Old 10-09-2008, 06:17 AM   #1276
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
So your base attack is 1? Why did you feel it necessary to attack somebody with more than minimal force on day one when there was no real way of knowing who the villains were?

All my pretty colour coding work goes to waste.

Ah...nevermind my previous post. I had missed the color coding.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #1277
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimic View Post
I believe you're skewing the numbers here. Every Prelate ordered people yesterday and on the first day I ordered Beast to go along on the mutant hunting mission because I was suspicious of the Professor X/Magneto alliance (remember the Beast was also suspicious of them). As it stands, I was the only Prelate to order someone on Day 1 and if using power is suspicious then I am guilty of that.

It is not the fact that you used your power, more a question of who you used it on that concerns me.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:22 AM   #1278
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
It is not the fact that you used your power, more a question of who you used it on that concerns me.

*shrug* I gave my reasoning on Day 1; who should I have chosen on Day 2 instead of Nick Fury?
Old 10-09-2008, 06:27 AM   #1279
Beast
n00b

[ooc]Damn you Hoops![/ooc]

First, I will abide by the request of Ms. Frost. My standard attack does a single point of damage per point of energy. Both attacks utilized in this endeavor to date have been unaugmented.

Second, my appreciation to the additonal research by Mr. Pym and Vision. I did note those clauses in the manipulators directives, and though I agree they may allow for the odd action of Eric towards his daughter, I am still pondering the possibilities of that action being a ruse on his part to protect her, perhaps due to a previously unknown victory condition for Magneto.

I am becoming increasingly distressed by the Scarlet Witch. Her post 1252 is what I have, through extensive research, come to consider as "wolf-like". Her previous bluster and vigor was suddenly tempered when logic was applied to her arguments, proving them as invalid. It has been my experience that when a postulation such as hers is innately flawed, one tends to retreat from it at the first sign of adversity. Had she truly believed in what she were saying, I would have expected her defense to continue unabated.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:27 AM   #1280
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I'd suggest Ghost Rider, myself or, possibly, Professor X. But I take your point, your options were rather narrowed at that stage.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:29 AM   #1281
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I'd imagine that that retraction, following Hank's hypothesis immediately before, now makes me a suspect.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:30 AM   #1282
Beast
n00b

Also, I regret that my chronologic constraints of yesterday will perpetuate themselves more severely today. I will return for my midday review of events, but otherwise, be unable to participate.

Should I be needed in any mission or other endeavor, I will join it at that time.
Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:33 AM   #1283
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I'd imagine that that retraction, following Hank's hypothesis immediately before, now makes me a suspect.

Even though I am a bit groggy from spending way too much time in my lab last night, I think he doesn't mean anyone shouldn't be able to be convinced of a different opinion, or that no one should ever temper their thoughts after hearing other sides to an issue. I do believe he appears to be talking about those who would vehemently argue one way and then without rhyme or reason change directions at the first sign of disagreement.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:36 AM   #1284
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Day 2. Damage Report:

Day 1. Damage Report:

Apocalypse - 4 (Hulk)
Colossus - 2 ( )
Vision - 2 (Emma Frost)
Hulk - 2 (Apocalypse)
Gambit - 2 (Henry Pym)
EmmaFrost - 1 (Aardwolf)
NickFury - 1 (Magneto)
Jewel - 1 (Mimic)
Punisher - 1 (SpiderMan)

1 point standard attack
2 point standard attack
3 point standard attack
4 point standard attack
Uncertain attack

This is excellent work, and may very well prove helpful in our efforts, Emma.

You may color the Vision blue, as he strikes with but one point per energy spent.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:40 AM   #1285
EmmaFrost
Mascot

I begin to wonder if we are not using the Prelates' guard ability to the fullest. We have reason to believe that there are some among us who have the powers or skills necessary to root out the traitors amongst our ranks. Maybe we should consider having said people declare their ability and then have the prelates order guards for them. I can think of both advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages
We can co-ordinate our search for the rebels in a systematic fashion, without worrying that we are wasting resources best deployed searching for the rebels on some other task or that the hunters are duplicating their efforts.
We immediately create a trust list based on the current findings of any such individual.

Disadvantages
The Prelates are left vulnerable to attack. As the rebels are seeking to overthrow the current council the lack of Prelate guards will be an advantage to the traitors.
There is nothing to prevent a traitor claiming to have such powers, thus diverting resources on guarding him and feeding us false information.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:43 AM   #1286
Mr.Fantastic
High School JV

Quote:
I begin to wonder if we are not using the Prelates' guard ability to the fullest. We have reason to believe that there are some among us who have the powers or skills necessary to root out the traitors amongst our ranks. Maybe we should consider having said people declare their ability and then have the prelates order guards for them. I can think of both advantages and disadvantages.

Advantages
We can co-ordinate our search for the rebels in a systematic fashion, without worrying that we are wasting resources best deployed searching for the rebels on some other task or that the hunters are duplicating their efforts.
We immediately create a trust list based on the current findings of any such individual.

Disadvantages
The Prelates are left vulnerable to attack. As the rebels are seeking to overthrow the current council the lack of Prelate guards will be an advantage to the traitors.
There is nothing to prevent a traitor claiming to have such powers, thus diverting resources on guarding him and feeding us false information.

I'll wait till night results are over but then I had already decided that I needed to explain my power tommorrow during the day as there is going to need to be some guidance in how I use it. Having a guard for me at least tommorrow evening might be fairly useful though. I'll say more once night actions are over to make sure.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:44 AM   #1287
Vision
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I think it goes without saying that we need to better organise our efforts tomorrow. Unfortunately as the proportion of traitors increases that may prove to be increasingly hard to achieve.

Without question, Emma.

Quote:

I am curious as to why the Prelates did not place orders to protect themselves if the route of full Prelate protection was being followed.

Note the wisdom of our lord, Emma, this gave the Prelates an opportunity to show their obedience, or lack thereof. What loyalty is shown by protecting oneself?

Quote:
I notice that Mimic has twice ordered people I would consider best left to their own devices to perform tasks for him.

I note this with concern as well!

Quote:

I further note that Professor X has been able to do as he pleases for both days. As has Doom. I would like to see them make a contribution soon.

It is my suggestion that, only for the past two days, Doom be accorded the benefit of the doubt in this regard. He was couched as away on business of the master the first day, and we have his assertion that he must then spend the second day reassembling much of his armor.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:45 AM   #1288
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
I'd suggest Ghost Rider, myself or, possibly, Professor X. But I take your point, your options were rather narrowed at that stage.

I believe that you make good points, however, and we need to be more focused on what needs to happen today and organize ourselves better. Perhaps the Galactus mission team needs to be selected instead of asking for volunteers. I would suggest looking at the team that went yesterday and attempt to leverage success today from those components. I would also suggest sending no more than 6 or 7 as we need to leave probably about 8 or 9 players on the as-yet-unnamed mission. That would leave about 10 players to either guard or remain free.

Of course, this is all dependent upon players logging on and agreeing to the suggestions of going on missions as no one except for the Prelates and Apocalypse can force them to go on missions.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:50 AM   #1289
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Okay Mimic, provided I live to see the morning -- let's roll. I'll join your team if you think it's necessary, but keep in mind that I will not accompany you on the mission. Apologies to the Vision -- I hate to leave your team, but I'm sure it will be fine without me for a while. Mimic, a couple questions -- does your plan involve simply going on the Galactus Mission today, or is there another aspect? Also, what do you estimate as the chance this plan has to work?
Old 10-09-2008, 06:53 AM   #1290
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
I notice that Mimic has twice ordered people I would consider best left to their own devices to perform tasks for him. Admittedly Hank's decision to take part in the Sentinel raid suggests that I may be incorrect in my assumptions of his abilities. But even if that is the case then Mimic could not have known that fact at the time. I further note that Professor X has been able to do as he pleases for both days. As has Doom. I would like to see them make a contribution soon.

Maybe the job of guarding Prelates is something people can volunteer for? Then once we have an idea of who's willing to do the guarding, we can have the Prelates make the order, to be sure it happens -- remember, though, that if someone is ordered twice in a row, they can refuse to do it.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:57 AM   #1291
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Okay Mimic, provided I live to see the morning -- let's roll. I'll join your team if you think it's necessary, but keep in mind that I will not accompany you on the mission. Apologies to the Vision -- I hate to leave your team, but I'm sure it will be fine without me for a while. Mimic, a couple questions -- does your plan involve simply going on the Galactus Mission today, or is there another aspect? Also, what do you estimate as the chance this plan has to work?

The plan isn't simply going on the Galactus Mission today. It's funny to hear from you talk of chances. You have the ability to alter probabilities in our favor.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:57 AM   #1292
hoopsguy
General Manager

PMs beginning now - results to follow shortly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 06:57 AM   #1293
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanGrey View Post
Order Mr. Fantastic to Protect Mimic

Leave Brotherhood
Form Apocolypse Court
Invite Apocolypse to join Apocolypse Court

I have debated this matter with myself and feel that I must speak my mind concerning this development. My concern is that if Jean is not a loyal servant of Apocalypse she may use the position of team-mate to influence our master. We know that the rebels aim is to take a majority of seats on the ruling council. In this they are limited in that our master is sole arbitrator in who becomes Prelate. Consequently they will be looking for a way to try and influence our master.

Furthermore I, and the early members of the Brotherhood of Mutants, know that Jean is not adverse to using her telepathic powers to indirectly influence other team members. Please note I do not mean that she attempts to co-erce anyone. Merely that she used the ability to talk directly in our minds to suggest that the team should strike Ironfist together on day one. I found this suspicious at the time as I had already stated that I did not feel team-membership should influence our decision of whom to attack. I allowed my fears to be allayed by Charles who stated that he had reason to trust Jean. However on closer discussion with Charles I am doubtful as to whether those reasons are justified.

I am, in no way, suggesting that I believe Jean is a traitor. However I do entertain the possibility. I would like to take the extreme liberty of cautioning my master not to be solely swayed by any word Jean may say to him in private. If she wishes to advise Apocalypse I suggest she do so in the public forum, the same as everyone else.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:58 AM   #1294
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beast View Post

I am becoming increasingly distressed by the Scarlet Witch. Her post 1252 is what I have, through extensive research, come to consider as "wolf-like". Her previous bluster and vigor was suddenly tempered when logic was applied to her arguments, proving them as invalid. It has been my experience that when a postulation such as hers is innately flawed, one tends to retreat from it at the first sign of adversity. Had she truly believed in what she were saying, I would have expected her defense to continue unabated.

That was a conversation between the Vision and me, and none of your concern. Your research should be more extensive, as that was far from the first sign of adversity. I have not retreated from any arguments -- I've simply gained an understanding of another side, spelled out by the Vision's logic.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #1295
Mimic
High School JV

Quote:
Maybe the job of guarding Prelates is something people can volunteer for? Then once we have an idea of who's willing to do the guarding, we can have the Prelates make the order, to be sure it happens -- remember, though, that if someone is ordered twice in a row, they can refuse to do it.

While that may be possible within the rules, I'm not sure many people would want to take a bullet for a Prelate. Remember the guards take the place of the target for the night attack. Certainly the traitors would not volunteer.
Old 10-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #1296
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
The plan isn't simply going on the Galactus Mission today. It's funny to hear from you talk of chances. You have the ability to alter probabilities in our favor.

Exactly. What I'd like to know is how much I need to alter them. Can you give me a summary of what else your plan involves, so that I can do the math?
Old 10-09-2008, 06:59 AM   #1297
HenryPym
Mascot

[ooc]creeates a Pacifier/Sleep Modulation device for the mod's daughter so he can get back to the more important matters[/ooc]
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:00 AM   #1298
Scarlet Witch
High School JV

Quote:
While that may be possible within the rules, I'm not sure many people would want to take a bullet for a Prelate. Remember the guards take the place of the target for the night attack. Certainly the traitors would not volunteer.

Only way to find out is to ask. If no one volunteers that's fine. But if someone does (I won't), it's a better proposition than choosing people who we need doing other things.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:01 AM   #1299
HenryPym
Mascot

I will confirm that 2 damage is my standard attack. You no doubt saw my growing to giant-size to take on the Sentinel. That is how I attack.
HenryPym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 07:02 AM   #1300
EmmaFrost
Mascot

Quote:

Quite the opposite. I think the traitors would be only to happy to volunteer in the knowledge that they are safe from attack and will be garnering a modicum of trust for themselves.