Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #1251
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

At the moment...

Barkeep 1 - Pass (1053)
Tanglewood 1 - Blade (1066)
Saldana 3 - King (1070), Coffee (1112), Bulletspong (1239)
Blade 1 - Dubb (1098)
Chubby 2 - Lathum (1101), Saldana (1208)
Bek 6 - Chubby (1106), Anxiety (1116), Vince (1203), Schmidty (1204), SnDvls (1222), Barkeep (1248)
Bulletsponge 4 - Path (1133), Tyrith (1141), Alan T (1181), Qwikshot (1225)

Is there anyone voting Bek for reasons besides inactivity?
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:51 PM   #1252
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Not me. I mean what else is there to vote on for him? He hasn't said or done much one way or the other.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #1253
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

poor guy, hes sick and yall are going to hang him. he better be a necro for this

btw i just noticed Tyrith is voting for me again. isnt this the 3rd time hes voted for me?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #1254
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Not me. I mean what else is there to vote on for him? He hasn't said or done much one way or the other.

I agree with you. I'm just curious to see if anyone has any other reasons is all...
Old 06-21-2006, 07:53 PM   #1255
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Nope

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:54 PM   #1256
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby
To me, they've been the most consistent and made the most sense.

Yes, b/c Barkeep calling for the EG AND the ruling class to reveal themselves makes alot more sense than me going public with my best suspect and then testing him. You know my role is a day power and not a night power right? When I have it I can use it whenever the hell I feel like it rather its during the night phase or 5 minutes to deadline. Whatever, I don't want to throw my vote away on Blade now that he is back to being Blade so I'll make it count a little more on someone more likely to be bad...

UNVOTE BLADE

VOTE CHUBBY

If I'm not the soothsayer why hasn't someone else claimed it? What the hell are they waiting for? It is b/c if there is another freakin soothsayer he's a nec and can't come out and claim anything now. Seriously, don't overanalyze things. Look where it has got people in past games. If someone claims a legit role and no one else has it, then they are probably legit. Lets start to build a fucking trust list or we will be hopeless.

I would start that list with:

DUBB--soothsayer
SNDVLS--cleared by me
PATH--on the throne
LATHUM--claims to be scanned by seer

As the game goes on we can build to it. And feel free to add yourselves if you know you are clean.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #1257
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Is this where we have another round of "I'm an Egyptian" posts?

-Anxiety

Old 06-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #1258
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Yes, b/c Barkeep calling for the EG AND the ruling class to reveal themselves makes alot more sense than me going public with my best suspect and then testing him. You know my role is a day power and not a night power right? When I have it I can use it whenever the hell I feel like it rather its during the night phase or 5 minutes to deadline. Whatever, I don't want to throw my vote away on Blade now that he is back to being Blade so I'll make it count a little more on someone more likely to be bad...

UNVOTE BLADE

VOTE CHUBBY

If I'm not the soothsayer why hasn't someone else claimed it? What the hell are they waiting for? It is b/c if there is another freakin soothsayer he's a nec and can't come out and claim anything now. Seriously, don't overanalyze things. Look where it has got people in past games. If someone claims a legit role and no one else has it, then they are probably legit. Lets start to build a fucking trust list or we will be hopeless.

I would start that list with:

DUBB--soothsayer
SNDVLS--cleared by me
PATH--on the throne
LATHUM--claims to be scanned by seer

As the game goes on we can build to it. And feel free to add yourselves if you know you are clean.

Whether you believe me or not, I don't have past games to go on. I'm sorry but I'm not reading 50+ page threads I'm not involved in in the least.

There's no way to verify your claim. Thank you for voting for me, it makes me that much more suspicious of you.

So you think the trust list starts with you because you say so? Saying your the soothsayer doesn't make it so.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #1259
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I swear, I should do a werewolf game where one side is Dick Darlington and the other is Giselle, the French Bitch.

That way, people will post, "I am Giselle, I am a french bitch."

A gold star if you get that reference.

-Anxiety

Old 06-21-2006, 07:57 PM   #1260
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety

-Anxiety

No, it was meant to make people quit being thick-headed. It seems every game I play we get in position to win and then someone won't buy something b/c it is too easy and then goes on a long drawn out rant and ends up voting for the seer.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:58 PM   #1261
saldana
Pro Starter

not to be a broken record, but anyone got a count ( it is a bit important to me )
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #1262
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
not to be a broken record, but anyone got a count ( it is a bit important to me )

I think you are safe.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #1263
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #1261:

Barkeep - Pass (1053)
Tanglewood - Blade (1066)
Saldana - King (1070), Coffee (1112), Bullet (1238)
Chubby - Lathum (1101), Saldana (1207), Dubb (1256)
Bek - Chubby (1106), Anxiety (1116), Vince (1203), Schmidty (1204), SnDvls (1222), Barkeep (1248)
Bulletsponge - Path (1133), Tyrith (1141), Alan T (1181), Qwikshot (1225)

Not Voted - Bek, Tangle
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 07:59 PM   #1264
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety

-Anxiety

Nope, according to dubb he can't verify anything for another couple of days which is awfully convienent.

Dubb - I questioned you when you came out and represented the soothsayer and I'll question you now. I'll sure as hell question you tomorrow as well goddess willing.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:00 PM   #1265
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

So you think the trust list starts with you because you say so? Saying your the soothsayer doesn't make it so.

Then who is the soothsayer and why would they let me claim their role? They have had 3 days to use their power and report to the group? Who is it?
Old 06-21-2006, 08:01 PM   #1266
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
No, it was meant to make people quit being thick-headed. It seems every game I play we get in position to win and then someone won't buy something b/c it is too easy and then goes on a long drawn out rant and ends up voting for the seer.

Why did you use one of only two chances to test a statement on SnDvls? If you're answered this question specifically before, please post a post #.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #1267
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Nope, according to dubb he can't verify anything for another couple of days which is awfully convienent.

Read the freakin rules if you don't believe me man. My role is right there for public consumption.

Quote:
- Soothsayer: this person can review two statements as true/false over the course of the game. May only be used once every three days. GM note - I will be a stickler on what is legitimate use of this power. There is no reason for everyone to CYA with "I am not a necromancer" at the start of the game to avoid detection by Soothsayer.

Before you debate my role with me, how about you atleast read everything about it that has been made public.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:02 PM   #1268
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Then who is the soothsayer and why would they let me claim their role? They have had 3 days to use their power and report to the group? Who is it?

How should i know? I do know: I'm not the soothsayer, you have no way of proving you are the soothsayer, you seem intent on trying to make it canon that you are the soothsayer. That sure as heck is going to make me suspicious.

Oh yeah, you used a chance on SnDvls, add that one in there too.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:03 PM   #1269
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why did you use one of only two chances to test a statement on SnDvls? If you're answered this question specifically before, please post a post #.

I did answer it, but I don't know the post number. At the time it was about 2 hours to lynch. SNDVLS was the leading vote getter and I was about to cast a vote for him.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:03 PM   #1270
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I did answer it, but I don't know the post number. At the time it was about 2 hours to lynch. SNDVLS was the leading vote getter and I was about to cast a vote for him.

I don't want to misquote you, please, point it out to me/us.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:04 PM   #1271
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Oh yeah, you used a chance on SnDvls, add that one in there too.

Again you aren't reading. At the time he was THE LEADING VOTE GETTER AND I WAS ABOUT TO CAST A VOTE FOR HIM THAT WOULD HAVE PROBABLY DAMNED HIM TO THE GALLOWS
Old 06-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #1272
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Since we are both egyptians you are more than worth clearing[as would be any innocent that was headed for the gallows]

post 1018

Quote:
As far as so early? Because I have to wait 3 days between uses. Thus if I would have waited any longer it could have gotten to the point where I only got one use in. Also, I felt it was best to test my best suspect on a day 2 that seemed like a day one. I was half tempted to wait to day 3 to use it, but figured there would be much more information out there than on day 2.

post 1000
Old 06-21-2006, 08:07 PM   #1273
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Read the freakin rules if you don't believe me man. My role is right there for public consumption.

Before you debate my role with me, how about you atleast read everything about it that has been made public.

What part am I wrong about? You claim to have used it yesterday, 3 days from then (depending on how hoops defines days if the current day counts) is a couple days from now.

You're awfully defensive dubb. Please post the post number.

What made you decide to use it on SnDvls? Something must have triggered you to say "Hey I should check him"... Why? Even I wouldn't be checking one of his statements, I'd be at least looking at the people listed as "strong" players early in the thread if I was soothsayer.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:08 PM   #1274
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Hell, there may be more from yesterday, but I'm not going back through the damn thread to find anymore of MY posts. If you want to make yourself look any less informed, please continue to ask questions.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:10 PM   #1275
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Chubby: I think in retrospect dubb's play is fine. I really think you're barking up the wrong tree here.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:11 PM   #1276
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What part am I wrong about? You claim to have used it yesterday, 3 days from then (depending on how hoops defines days if the current day counts) is a couple days from now.

Then don't say it like you don't believe it. Say it, he can't prove it for a couple of days, not it pretty damn convienent he can't use it for a couple of days.

Quote:
You're awfully defensive dubb. Please post the post number.

No clue what this is about. What are you talking about?

Quote:
What made you decide to use it on SnDvls? Something must have triggered you to say "Hey I should check him"... Why? Even I wouldn't be checking one of his statements, I'd be at least looking at the people listed as "strong" players early in the thread if I was soothsayer.

B/C if I hadn't we would have most likely lynched him b/c I was going to vote for him[AND HE WAS THE LEADING VOTE GETTER AT THE TIME], or do you still not get this. My role isn't I'll clear who Chubby feels is a strong player role. It is for me to test whoever the hell I damn please to test two times a game.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #1277
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't want to misquote you, please, point it out to me/us.

no, well I don't want to misquote you either.....

Quote:
I'm a necromancer.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:15 PM   #1278
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
, give me more credit than that. If I was a nec I wouldn't use my role on day 2 to clear SNDVLS.

Yet as an "egyptian" you used it on day 2 to clear SnDvls.

Barkeep - if you think I am then I'll back off. I think I've made my point clear that I didn't trust him yesterday and I don't trust him today.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:16 PM   #1279
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

dubb - who did you vote for? Oh yeah, the explorer... good call on that one.

So you're reduced to yelling and trying to frame me now? you get more defensive by the post.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #1280
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Chubby: Honestly, the odds are in favor of dubb being an egyptian. He's frustrated because he feels that he was forced to reveal against his will. Did he flip flop? Yes. But it seems to have been with the best of intentions. Just as it seems to make defacto sense to leave Lathum and path alone for the time being, as there are better targets, it also makes sense, I feel, to leave dubb alone.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #1281
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
SnDvls - Now to you, feel free to let us know who you trust and why.

well it makes sense for me to trust Dubb, since he cleared me. I've got a good feel on him.

I like Barkeep as good

I'd say Path is up there too for obvious reasons

and funny enough saldana. I think he played a wrong hunch and tried to jump on something that wasn't there.

they are a few off the top of my head.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:20 PM   #1282
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Chubby, either you are completely missing something, or you are deliberatley being obtuse. Dubb has played it fairly solid as far as I can tell so far.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #1283
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yet as an "egyptian" you used it on day 2 to clear SnDvls.

I don't know what you are getting at. Are you insulting SNDVLS? He has been in MUCH more games than you and has won MANY more games than you. You don't have to dig far back, look at both the HP game and the Insane Aslyum game. He was on the winning side of BOTH of those games. So it isn't like SNDVLS is a horrible player. I don't understand how it would have made more sense to vote for SNDVLS and put him up 2 votes close to the deadline and instead test someone I didn't suspect at that point. So if you are going to insult SNDVLS please just log off or something. He's a VERY solid player with many winning efforts.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #1284
SnDvls
Pro Starter

should add lathum for now as a good guy for now until we get something more on him.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:25 PM   #1285
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Chubby: Honestly, the odds are in favor of dubb being an egyptian. He's frustrated because he feels that he was forced to reveal against his will. Did he flip flop? Yes. But it seems to have been with the best of intentions. Just as it seems to make defacto sense to leave Lathum and path alone for the time being, as there are better targets, it also makes sense, I feel, to leave dubb alone.

Ok, as I've said I trust you and Coffee so I'll back off. There isn't a lot to look at right now so I'm trying to find something that makes a player stand out (for good or evil) so I can trust them or be wary of them.

tangle - well, I didn't see Dubb as soothsayer prior to his "outing" so I can't say for sure I'm not missing something now.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:26 PM   #1286
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

And I'm sure if the seer came out right now we would all be like "I knew he was the seer before he revealed." It is called keeping your role close to yourself so you don't get killed before you can use it.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:27 PM   #1287
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I don't know what you are getting at. Are you insulting SNDVLS? He has been in MUCH more games than you and has won MANY more games than you. You don't have to dig far back, look at both the HP game and the Insane Aslyum game. He was on the winning side of BOTH of those games. So it isn't like SNDVLS is a horrible player. I don't understand how it would have made more sense to vote for SNDVLS and put him up 2 votes close to the deadline and instead test someone I didn't suspect at that point. So if you are going to insult SNDVLS please just log off or something. He's a VERY solid player with many winning efforts.

You used it as an insult, not me. I quoted your exact wording and I believe even SnDvls took it as a bit of an insult at the time. I'm playing based on people's actions this game, not previous ones I haven't read. I know this probably differs from most other's in this game but that's the way I'm playing it.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:28 PM   #1288
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You used it as an insult, not me. I quoted your exact wording and I believe even SnDvls took it as a bit of an insult at the time.

He took it out of context. This role has been "faked" by myself I might add, to WIN a game. If I was going to fake it again, I wouldn't use it to clear someone on day 2. I would use it to try and win the game again.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:29 PM   #1289
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I don't take offense to anything chubby is saying about my playing skills in WW. It's his opinion, like they say about a**holes and opinions, everyone has one (not saying Chubby is an a** either it's just a saying).

Chubby - I've been a bad guy in I'd say 80-90% of the games I've played. Is it chance, dumb luck, or do the GMs see something in me? most say it's random assigning. I think you are barking up the wrong tree and ruffling the wrong feathers here. I know when I was a bad guy in past games this was the best time. Sit back, relax and watch all the infighting, put out a meaningless vote and say little or nothing, but enought to get away with it too.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:31 PM   #1290
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

this can be said for a lot of people if I'm not mistaken including another whom I slightly trust and led the charge against him. It was day 2 and we had the silence thing working against us. not much to go on either.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:33 PM   #1291
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
He took it out of context. This role has been "faked" by myself I might add, to WIN a game. If I was going to fake it again, I wouldn't use it to clear someone on day 2. I would use it to try and win the game again.

I did a little, but if you notice I also knew if was in fun too...look at my response I did add a and a

again no offense taken here.

let's all get together and get us a necro now and drop this okay
Old 06-21-2006, 08:34 PM   #1292
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Is there anyone voting Bek for reasons besides inactivity?

pretty much my only reason and I have no one better. if he started to post today I'd still not have a read on him and probally vote him tomorrow unless we get some solid info tonight anyhow.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #1293
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls

let's all get together and get us a necro now and drop this okay

Drop what? It's all a game, and I think I've established my character for this game already.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:35 PM   #1294
SnDvls
Pro Starter

30 mins to lynch if I'm correct
Old 06-21-2006, 08:36 PM   #1295
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
30 mins to lynch if I'm correct

And here I thought it was lynch 30 minutes ago. These damn timezones.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:37 PM   #1296
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
And here I thought it was lynch 30 minutes ago. These damn timezones.

oh I could be wrong it was more a question
Old 06-21-2006, 08:38 PM   #1297
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola
just without the question mark

I better add those or it might get me in trouble again
Old 06-21-2006, 08:38 PM   #1298
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
oh I could be wrong it was more a question

No I think you are right. My clock says 9:38, so it must be 8:38CST.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:40 PM   #1299
SnDvls
Pro Starter

OOC : be back just after lynch, I'm going to give my daughter a bath.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:41 PM   #1300
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

So you're reduced to yelling and trying to frame me now? you get more defensive by the post.

dude, seriously, you need to read a little more thoroughly...the rules clearly state that the soothsayer can scan someone's post twice a game, but has to wait 3 days in between. go back to sndvls posts yesterday afternoon, and in one of them he makes a statement to the effect of "lynching me would be a mistake for the egyptians"....5 minutes later, dubb posted that he is 100% sure sndvls is clear....it is pretty blatantly obvious at this point (to me, and i am sure some others) that dubb just scanned sndvls statement and was told he was not being deceptive.

the reason dubb made the comment about wasting a scan on SNDVLS (please not the roll-eyes guys on both ends of it) were because dubb and sun have gone head to head many time and are always very wary of each other....once you play in enough of these, you'll have a list of your own that you never ever trust.....i vote for dubb every day one for that very reason.

i'm not saying "dubb is the soothsayer" should be made canon at this point, but we have no reason not to believe him, and all the reasons have been pretty well spelled out....the fact that you seem to not understand them after he has explained them several times is what is causing his frustration, not the fact that you questioned them to begin with.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote