Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: I think we can agree Mustang is the MVP, who did the second best job?
Airhog - Crazy Duke postings were funny, and his voting graphs were helpful 11 35.48%
KevinNU7 - Survived to the end and had some good analysis 2 6.45%
Qwikshot - Threw everyone off as the Cultist, his list was key even after he died! 5 16.13%
Desnudo - Good Bodyguard work and survived despite a lot of suspicion at times 13 41.94%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #1251
KevinNU7
College Starter

From two days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Just in case I get eaten tonight here's a brief run down of who I think is a wolf:

Swaggs - He was on my suspect list before tonight's vote and the vote simply confirmed it. The very weird switch-unswitch move seemed contrived and meant to imply indecision, when I'm sure his decision was made well in advance. Also commented on stressing about being eaten, just like Lathum. I think it's a ruse. None of the villagers seem to comment about that aspect, since it's a fact of life for them.

KWhit - Jumped to defend Lathum from Jon and also tried to deflect attention onto NTNDeacon, all in the same post. Also previously tried to indict deacon. His attention on deacon is the reason why I don't think deacon is a wolf.

I really think it might just be these two remaining, unless one of the non-voters is also a wolf. Order of viewing, lynching for me would go Swaggs then KWhit.

Further reason for me to remove my vote against Desundo, I have to say I am really believe his bodyguard statement now.
Old 07-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #1252
Desnudo
Coordinator

All right, I have to own up to making a mistake in voting for Kevin. I felt that my logic was sound in voting for you. But looking back through your posts, I can see that you were on Lathum before Jon mentioned anything. Unless that's some sort of game you all played, or you are the cursed villager, it doesn't make sense. Crikey.

Unvote Kevin

Last edited by Desnudo : 07-01-2005 at 08:55 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #1253
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon
Kevin, before last night the only one of the viewed people that could be cursed was Nequa. I think like others, Jon was targeted last night. So that would mean that the cursed was not viewed ever.
ANy care to try and validate this theory?
Old 07-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #1254
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I see Barkeep so.. maybe we will get some resolution...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 08:56 PM   #1255
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
ANy care to try and validate this theory?

Umm, I would but, I'm missing the theory. NTN always confused me anyways.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 07-01-2005, 08:59 PM   #1256
KevinNU7
College Starter

Well if we assume that the Cursed was attacked by the wolves one night and became a wolf then he could be the last remaining wolf. I'm jsut wondering if ntn's logic that Nequa was the only one in a position to be attacked in a cursed situation true. Remember nequa is barkeep
Old 07-01-2005, 08:59 PM   #1257
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

If NTN was referring to Jon being targeted by the Seer, that was impossible since Jon was the seer..
Old 07-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #1258
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I am very sorry to see Airhog and Eagle go. I thought for sure Witt was going to come after me if he was the brutal wolf. I've long been suspicous of Kevin, but am not quite ready to cast a vote in that direction. Let me go back and look at the evidence to see what we've got.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:15 PM   #1259
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Kevin unvoted then leave for the night now?
Old 07-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #1260
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Oh wow. I didn't see that once again the spotlight had been turned back to me. I think that we have to assume that the cursed villager was turned wolf in one of the first two days. I was just about ready to let Kevin off the hook, but now he is trying to repeat KWhitt's attempts to get me killed which raises my suspicions.

My sticking point right now for Kevin is that he was the first to suggest KWhitt be killed, before any other votes had been cast. Now we know that Whitt is the brutal wolf so if the wolves assumed that a wolf was going to be killed that round it makes sense for Whitt to be the one as he gets to take a villager with him. But I do not think it was obvious at all that we were going to go for Swaggs like we did.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm going to have to go back and do some looking at Mustang.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #1261
Desnudo
Coordinator

I'm heading out for the night so I'll put my vote in before I go. Had I bothered to look through Kevin's initial posts before voting, coming out as the bodyguard probably would not have happened. I was nearly certain based on recent posts that he was the wolf. Unless he is the cursed, I now believe I was wrong. I'm sure the decision to announce myself will be critized when we look back at the end game. In retrospect, it was a mistake in judgement.

In any case, the only other clue I think we have at this point is Barkeep's tie vote for KWhit. It could be chalked up to him being new to the game, and/or feeling very strongly about KWhit's guilt. So it's not a definite, but it's the only thing I have to go on. It's also possible that he wanted a tie and no kill, since Peregrine had announced it. It's possible that either Mustang or Kevin got attacked later and was the cursed one. A lot of things are possible, but two things that are definites are that I'm definitely getting eaten tonight and the game is over if we're wrong.

I vote Barkeep
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:24 PM   #1262
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok now looking back seeing that it was clear that Swaggs had a great deal of suspicion on him before voting even opened I think Kevin made a smart tactical move by trying to get KWhitt, the brutal wolf, voted out rather than the regular wolf. Therefore, I am going to go with what has been my longstanding suspicion and Vote KevinNU7
Old 07-01-2005, 09:30 PM   #1263
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
In any case, the only other clue I think we have at this point is Barkeep's tie vote for KWhit. It could be chalked up to him being new to the game, and/or feeling very strongly about KWhit's guilt. So it's not a definite, but it's the only thing I have to go on. It's also possible that he wanted a tie and no kill, since Peregrine had announced it. It's possible that either Mustang or Kevin got attacked later and was the cursed one. A lot of things are possible, but two things that are definites are that I'm definitely getting eaten tonight and the game is over if we're wrong.

I vote Barkeep

Let me get this straight. I am being criticised for voting for a wolf rather than an innocent? Think about it from a wolf's persepctive. Would a wolf rather have a tie, and no one killed, including the wolf, or have one less villager, and thus be closer to winning the game, as would have happened if I had voted for anybody but KWhitt? I argue that having one less villager is the right answer. NTN was innocent an KWhitt was guilty. Why should I be attacked for having perceived things correctly? Was I strongly confident about it? No. But I was confident enough to risk having no one be killed rather than an innocent villager. The easy route would have been to have voted for ntn or Kevin. Instead I tried to do what I thought was right. It's someone switching at the last moment, as YOU did, that is far more suspicious.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #1264
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Let me get this straight. I am being criticised for voting for a wolf rather than an innocent?

A switch was definitely needed to avoid giving a tie to the wolves. A tie would have helped the wolves because it there would have been no lynching the wolves would have gotten a free kill and then we would have redone the voting and then someone would have clearly been lynched. It is just natural to try look at the person that caused the tie as opposed to breaking it as one helps the villagers and the other the wolves... That is why Peregrine put out the 'are you sure' comment.. (or whatever that was...)
Old 07-01-2005, 09:37 PM   #1265
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Did you read the rest of what I wrote? Having a villager killed is far better for wolves than nothing. Therefore for villagers having no one killed is better than a villager killed. I stand by my actions.
Old 07-01-2005, 09:39 PM   #1266
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I come back from one of my worst call patients ever (I can't discuss the details but I think it might get me called into a medical malpractice suit [fortunately as a witness and not a defendant] and I found out I've been eaten

I hope I gave you indigestion.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:43 PM   #1267
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Did you read the rest of what I wrote? Having a villager killed is far better for wolves than nothing. Therefore for villagers having no one killed is better than a villager killed. I stand by my actions.

That was the debate at the time.. what is better. At the time, it was a coin flip if NTN or KWhit was next.. hmm.. I can see your point though. It would have been a definite bonus to get KWhit the next day but, I guess in hindsight, it wouldn't have mattered because KWhit would have been lynched and then probably NTN..

Having said that, I'll trust your judgement since you were right on KWhit... Kevin just unvoted and left for the night and put a few comments out... maybe that was so he could come back later and swing the vote tomorrow. I'm not sure.

Vote KevinNU
Old 07-01-2005, 09:48 PM   #1268
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Barkeep49 - Kevin
KevinNU7
Mustang - Kevin
Desnudo - Barkeep
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 09:58 PM   #1269
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Of course, with the current voting, Kevin is probably going to vote for Barkeep which forces a tie and we come back tomorrow...
Old 07-01-2005, 10:01 PM   #1270
Swaggs
Coordinator

Oh drama!

I love it.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:02 PM   #1271
KevinNU7
College Starter

it seems pretty clear to me now. Mustang I urge you change your mind

I vote Barkeep
Old 07-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #1272
KevinNU7
College Starter

Dola,

a tie isn't necessarily bad, it forces the wolf to make a move. I'm going to log in once tomorrow morning, other then that I can't do much for this weekend. If we make it another day it would have to wait until Tuesday
Old 07-01-2005, 10:03 PM   #1273
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
it seems pretty clear to me now. Mustang I urge you change your mind

I vote Barkeep

What did I miss???
Old 07-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #1274
KevinNU7
College Starter

I think barkeep is the cursed.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:04 PM   #1275
KevinNU7
College Starter

Ok, I'm off
Old 07-01-2005, 10:05 PM   #1276
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think barkeep is the cursed.

You know if I change my vote and you are the wolf, people aren't going to be happy with me right? *L*
Old 07-01-2005, 10:05 PM   #1277
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This is a very fun ending..
Old 07-01-2005, 10:06 PM   #1278
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

well except for the whole getting eaten portion of it.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:07 PM   #1279
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
well except for the whole getting eaten portion of it.

Don't feel bad.

I'm sure that you were delicious.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:10 PM   #1280
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Unfortunately, Kevin is busy tomorrow and I'm busy tomorrow... I could see this going on for a few days. I'm still muddled in my head that If Neuqua was replaced and Desnudo IS the bodyguard then there was a reason for the replacement.. that is the cursed. Maybe I'm wrong.. blame me..

Unvote KevinNU

Vote Barkeep
Old 07-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #1281
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Looks like if Barkeep and Mustang can convince Desnudo to vote for Kevin, then we have a winner, either villagers or the wolves.

If there's no change, it's a tie, and I think we go to the chomping and gnashing of teeth, right?

If either of the two votes for Kevin change, we could have a plurality without a majority, or still a tie(depending on what Kevin does). Interesting to see what happens there.

The music is about to hit a crescendo.....
Old 07-01-2005, 10:14 PM   #1282
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

This thread is going to get 1,000 views in the next 40 minutes.. *L*
Old 07-01-2005, 10:16 PM   #1283
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

And NOW Kev can make the difference. Interesting strategic potential coming on his vote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:19 PM   #1284
Swaggs
Coordinator

Howl!
Old 07-01-2005, 10:22 PM   #1285
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Kill the Wolf!!!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #1286
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damn I wish I was playing so I could speak on this. I have a theory, if any NON-PLAYING folks want to hear it on what his strategy could be
Old 07-01-2005, 10:24 PM   #1287
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon
Kill the Wolf!!!

Swaggs is already dead.. heh.. must be a wolf spirit..

Ohh.. Possessed wolves.. if a wolf dies, his spirit enters a villager.. hmmm.. now that would be interesting rule
Old 07-01-2005, 10:28 PM   #1288
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

ok fine! Kill the werewolf!!!
Better?
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:41 PM   #1289
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Barkeep49 - Kevin
KevinNU7 - Barkeep
Mustang - Barkeep
Desnudo - Barkeep

I'm calling the voting at midnight (20 minutes).

Last edited by Peregrine : 07-01-2005 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:43 PM   #1290
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Ok, I've been following this since the beginning and I only have one question, what the fuck is *L*???? Is that some new internet/chat thing that makes kEwL d00d looks cool?

Last edited by Buccaneer : 07-01-2005 at 10:43 PM.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #1291
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

It's another way to say LAUGHS.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:44 PM   #1292
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Ok, I've been following this since the beginning and I only have one question, what the fuck is *L*???? Is that some new internet/chat thing that makes kEwL d00d looks cool?

My assinine way of not using LOL
Old 07-01-2005, 10:47 PM   #1293
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Sorry. Emoticons are getting tiresome, aren't they?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:53 PM   #1294
Swaggs
Coordinator

Bucc, the big question is.... will you be playing along next time?
Old 07-01-2005, 10:56 PM   #1295
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Swaggs, thanks for asking but I'll just watch. I'm just not around that much to commit.
Old 07-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #1296
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I will definitely play next time. this was fun strategitizing, even if I couldn't post it.

Two minutes, and then we will have a winner, probably..
Old 07-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #1297
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Watching intently.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:00 PM   #1298
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Swaggs, thanks for asking but I'll just watch. I'm just not around that much to commit.

You could have been the newly created "Grey Wolf."

Edit: Forgot the ""

Last edited by Swaggs : 07-01-2005 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:02 PM   #1299
Peregrine
Pro Starter

Three of you agree on lynching Barkeep, who keeps protesting his innocence. "But...but...the seer, the seer said..." Kevin finally yells "Enough out of you wolf!" and runs Barkeep through with an old spear that's been propped in the corner for some time. Hmm...strange that Barkeep isn't changing into anything though. Apparently he was an innocent villager, just as he said!

After that it's fairly quick. There's some talk of trying to leave the manor, but the snow is piled up high outside and travel would be difficult, if not impossible. That night Desnudo is ripped to shreds, and even though Kevin wakes up in the middle of it and sees the werewolf, it's far too late. With a quick leap the wolf lands on Kevin and finishes him off too. Then quiet descends on the manor...quiet except for evil laughter from the sole remaining werewolf, Mustang...

Werewolves win!!!

Nice work all, especially Mustang, who I don't think got a vote the whole game, even at the end people had no clue. Brilliant wolfing.
Old 07-01-2005, 11:03 PM   #1300
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

BRILLIANT.