Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-16-2008, 08:08 PM   #1251
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I'm suprised that this thread/game still has legs. Are the role-players fueling this because for the non-roleplayers, I see no point whatsoever.

I'm not a roleplayer. it's just a low effort/low time game that doesn't take up more than 5 minutes every few days and a way to bond with the fofc community. Like other similar games, if the fofc community dwindles, or I find myself on a non-fofc team, my interest and involvement would also disappear.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:21 PM   #1252
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=3299669

BOOM SHAKALAKA!
Old 05-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #1253
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm not a roleplayer. it's just a low effort/low time game that doesn't take up more than 5 minutes every few days and a way to bond with the fofc community. Like other similar games, if the fofc community dwindles, or I find myself on a non-fofc team, my interest and involvement would also disappear.

I really enjoy watching the games even with the flaws in the engine (I'd love for FOF, Gary's game, Vtbub's game, or anyone else developing a game to have a similar type of 2D display.) However, my answer is the same. This is an easy way for me to bond a bit more with guys on here who I might not otherwise ever have chatted with and I'm having fun doing so. It seems like we have a good group on our team. If that FOFC involvement goes down, my interest in the game will also dwindle.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:14 PM   #1254
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
I'm suprised that this thread/game still has legs. Are the role-players fueling this because for the non-roleplayers, I see no point whatsoever.
Why are you surprised? Not everyone is like you.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:17 PM   #1255
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Spoiler

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #1256
21C
College Prospect

Spoiler
21C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:54 PM   #1257
21C
College Prospect

They have added a Team Leaders section via the team page. That pretty much means I won't need to update my Silverbacks page anymore. I had some other ideas to add to it but I might wait and see if the game devs do it.
Old 05-18-2008, 06:11 AM   #1258
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
Why are you surprised? Not everyone is like you.

Well, he does have a point in that the game sucks right now. I got in on the off chance that it might go somewhere, but where this is headed seems inevitable at this point. But hey, enough people apparently have "patience and understanding with this beta game" that the guys are raking in the cash, so I'd rate it a smashing success for the creators. As long as they don't over-invest in servers and whatnot, they'll retire young.
Old 05-18-2008, 07:21 AM   #1259
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog View Post
Well, he does have a point in that the game sucks right now. I got in on the off chance that it might go somewhere, but where this is headed seems inevitable at this point. But hey, enough people apparently have "patience and understanding with this beta game" that the guys are raking in the cash, so I'd rate it a smashing success for the creators. As long as they don't over-invest in servers and whatnot, they'll retire young.

Yeah...I have to say I find that line to be complete crap when people are paying "real" money. I know its free if you want(at least for a single player)...but still, most people cant enjoy this game without spending some level of money.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:04 AM   #1260
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Same here.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 09:18 AM   #1261
NevStar
High School Varsity

Quote:
But hey, enough people apparently have "patience and understanding with this beta game" that the guys are raking in the cash, so I'd rate it a smashing success for the creators.

Agreed, the second they started to accept real money, it stopped being a beta.

But have the creators used this line other than in the welcome message on the home page? I know there's the fan boys that'll respond to every bug report with that argument, but no one seems to pay them any attention.
Old 05-19-2008, 04:00 PM   #1262
sabotai
General Manager

Highlights from my players
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2008, 11:06 PM   #1263
ddrrbb
n00b

Quote:

I've created a few guys out of need for my team. I only spend a few minutes a day on my characters. I enjoy the gameplanning part. It is very basic right now and the strength of teams is out of whack, but I think things will normalize as the seasons pass. The game just has many things that FOF has been lacking for what seems like an eternity.

The simple 2D graphics makes watching play-by-play a lot of fun for me (Madden-like engine would blow my mind). I can actually see what works, how players are performing with different skill sets, who screwed up on the long run/pass, etc. I can scout teams by watching them play. I can play the game from anywhere. I think I am just so hungry for a 21st century FOF, that I'll play anything that resembles a new idea.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:20 AM   #1264
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
The 2D replay engine already makes it about eleventy billion times more interesting to watch than Solevision. Plus it's nice to see rating on rating matchups actually mean something instead of having to rely on ratings clouds.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

Old 05-20-2008, 09:23 AM   #1265
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
The 2D replay engine already makes it about eleventy billion times more interesting to watch than Solevision. Plus it's nice to see rating on rating matchups actually mean something instead of having to rely on ratings clouds.
Definitely a personal preference. The one thing this game has taught me is that I really, really, really hope FOF doesn't ever go 2D-only. (Meaning I want the same information available in text and stats.) It just plain takes too long. I've trained myself to watch Solevision in "faster" mode, because I always found it too slow, too, but I have to watch in order to get all the information I need to maximize performance.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:31 AM   #1266
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
Definitely a personal preference. The one thing this game has taught me is that I really, really, really hope FOF doesn't ever go 2D-only. (Meaning I want the same information available in text and stats.) It just plain takes too long. I've trained myself to watch Solevision in "faster" mode, because I always found it too slow, too, but I have to watch in order to get all the information I need to maximize performance.
Yeah they have their own Solevision in that "Watch" mode now, too - but there is something fun about seeing my geometrical avatar running for a 78 yd touchdown

Old 05-20-2008, 12:23 PM   #1267
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah they have their own Solevision in that "Watch" mode now, too - but there is something fun about seeing my geometrical avatar running for a 78 yd touchdown

I like the special teams fumbles, watching the blue circle collide with the yellow circle holding the football and seeing it squirt out is funny..
Old 05-20-2008, 08:53 PM   #1268
Crim
College Benchwarmer

The greatest play so far of Crim Bronco's career:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=3595514

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2008, 01:59 PM   #1269
twothree
College Prospect

Looking forward to our (Richmond Razorbacks) matchup against the Lowcountry Gators today. Should be a pretty good FOFC vs FOFC game.
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #1270
larrymcg421
Head Coach

The Silverbacks have put a nice run together and are now in the 8th and final playoff spot, with two very easy games and one tough one left on the schedule.

When I say very easy, this next one is insanely easy and has my offensive guys salivating. We're playing the Detroit Rampage, who give up 70.2 pts per game (and only score 2.4 PPG). This is no joke.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2008, 08:03 AM   #1271
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twothree View Post
Looking forward to our (Richmond Razorbacks) matchup against the Lowcountry Gators today. Should be a pretty good FOFC vs FOFC game.

I filed a bug report on this one - your CBs were deflecting the ball when about 3 yards BEHIND my receiver. I felt like I was watching a Madden game...
Old 05-22-2008, 08:21 AM   #1272
21C
College Prospect

The Silverbacks picked up a trifecta of interceptions.
Chris Whizz http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=3819709
Richard Southwell (in the endzone) http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=3822228
Ben Lewis http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=3822410

I've actually noticed that we start off slowly and really pick up steam in the second half. I'm not sure if that is stamina- or chemistry-related.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #1273
MacroGuru
Coordinator

The Admirals secured our playoff with our win yesterday, we are now jus trying to move up the ladder and avoid a 1st round exit.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:01 PM   #1274
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Bernard Blaze goes yard...

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=3893515

Old 05-22-2008, 12:05 PM   #1275
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post

Looking forward to him joining the Silverbacks
Old 05-22-2008, 12:12 PM   #1276
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

I like how it went over his head
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:37 AM   #1277
Cheesehead Craig
n00b

Big game tomorrow between IrishHand's Berlin Blitzkrieg (13-1) visiting my Tottenham Trolls (12-2).

Best of luck to you Irish.
Cheesehead Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #1278
hawk4669
High School JV

Spoiler

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 03:46 PM   #1279
MrBug708
Head Coach

Whose this O'Brien chap on my team? He managed to pick up an INT but gave up...like 3 TD's and about 160 yards of field to his man. It's tough to be a lockdown corner
Old 05-23-2008, 05:12 PM   #1280
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Blah.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2008, 11:14 PM   #1281
Subby
lolzcat

I wonder how many defectors that sorry-ass Gators squad is going to have in the offseason

Old 05-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #1282
MrDNA
High School Varsity

Tabasco Ted Hopper, level 12 SS is now a free agent. I'd like for him to start somewhere as he's been getting 0 tackles as a backup. Hit me up!
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 03:17 PM   #1283
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Spoiler

Old 05-25-2008, 03:26 PM   #1284
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Spoiler

Spoiler
Old 05-25-2008, 03:39 PM   #1285
MikeVic
Head Coach

I haven't been paying much attention in the last couple of games, but I seem to have played quite a bit more that game.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:10 PM   #1286
Icy
Pro Starter

Look what my fast DE did today, 90 yards fumble return for TD and nobody could catch me:
http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=4275868

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 04:19 PM   #1287
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Look what my fast DE did today, 90 yards fumble return for TD and nobody could catch me:

That's pretty impressive. How fast is he? I've got my DE up to 56 speed and 49 agility.

Old 05-25-2008, 04:21 PM   #1288
MrBug708
Head Coach

Managed a pick finally!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:17 PM   #1289
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Managed a pick finally!

Same here!
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #1290
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post

If Leon Lett had run that fast, Don Beebe wouldn't be my favorite Buffalo Bill of all time.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 05:20 AM   #1291
JeeberD
General Manager

Four sacks in a single game for DE Jeeberoni Potpie of the Buenes Aires Marauders...not too shabby.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 10:02 AM   #1292
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Four sacks in a single game for DE Jeeberoni Potpie of the Buenes Aires Marauders...not too shabby.

Yeah, that was impressive
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:10 PM   #1293
Castlerock
High School Varsity

Anyone interested in a level 9 guard?
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=232435
Castlerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 01:20 PM   #1294
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post

We are so gonna upset the #1 seed in the playoffs, so long as Rob Nielsen is thrown the damn ball.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:33 PM   #1295
Cheesehead Craig
n00b

What's so hard about INTs? My CB has 9 of them.
Cheesehead Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:42 PM   #1296
hawk4669
High School JV

Spoiler

Cheers!

www.hbfire.org
hawk4669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 03:26 PM   #1297
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawk4669 View Post
Spoiler

Cheers!

Spoiler

Old 05-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #1298
Subby
lolzcat

Toledo (Icy, Jeebs, chesapeake, Breizh Manu, me) finishes 16-0 and grabs the #1 seed in the Western Europe AAA's Alpha Conference.

FOFCers Irish Hand's and Cheesehead Craig's teams finished 2-3 respectively...playoffs should be fun!

Old 05-28-2008, 07:21 AM   #1299
Landshark44
High School Varsity

my owner, capones gun, of the detroit cheetahs....(eastern europe aaa#2, alpha conference)...

has threatened to trade me because i don't post in the forums. my player is a level 15 wide receiver that doesn't start. i have lost interest in watching him return 3 kicks a week....

i'll be able to level him up, so if anyone needs a good receiver for next year, pm capones gun with an offer....

capones gun....
http://goallineblitz.com/game/home.pl?user_id=24928

thanks

WR J.W. Black (level 15)
http://goallineblitz.com/game/player...ayer_id=134274

Last edited by Landshark44 : 05-28-2008 at 07:24 AM.
Landshark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:50 AM   #1300
Anthony
Banned

this game is useless if they don't allow the player to hold-out. right now all the power is with the owner, but in real life if a player has a problem with the front office there's some things he can do to coerce management to see things his way. not getting enough playing time? sit out a game. of course you should be docked pay, and also have to pay fines or whatever while you're not playing, but if the situation is going to be i get a contract and for the length of that contract i'm an indentured servant with no hope of bettering my situation then that's not fun.

right now i'm in the middle of a sticky situation. once again i had a player not getting PT (i was guaranteed to be the starter and then got demoted because "my player's build wasn't good enough"), so i got the team to trade my CB to another team, where i got put even lower on the depth chart. owner said there's nothing i can do cuz i signed a 3 year deal. i told him i wouldn't use any skill points to increase my CB's ratings, i've stopped training and i have my ratings set to everyone can see, plus i took it one step further and i sent the other team the gameplan for the upcoming game (which my team lost 33-0). that still isn't enough to get him to release me. i make as much as the starting CB, i told him he's wasting his money on my guy cuz i won't ever improve him. i even sold all my player's equipment so his ratings are even worse than when i was traded to the team.

outside of that, there isn't much a player can do. this is why i just want to control a team, and not be bothered with controlling a player and dealing with this nonsense.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote