Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-08-2008, 03:37 PM   #1251
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
That's problematic, since that points to one of the white pawns being a wolf. That means white does not control the vote - black + wolves control the vote.

Help me here - why couldn't the other black pawn-holder be a wolf?
Seems to me they would have ordered KWhit to be killed, knowing he was a pawn and held 4 votes. That way the villagers would have less control over the voting...
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:38 PM   #1252
mccollins
College Prospect

dola, I think I just got it - that is an extension of the 2 black wolves (hoops, Anxiety) theory. I'm with ya now.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:51 PM   #1253
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I was trying to kill the queen...but of course, that already occurred.

I saw you and was moving out of danger. Didn't do me much good.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:59 PM   #1254
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
dola- man, it really is getting hard for me to prove I'm no wolf these days

I've got the same problem.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:47 PM   #1255
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I've got the same problem.

You earned it.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:51 PM   #1256
RendeR
Coordinator

As for Cronin asserting that his partner is a wolf, I will politely disagree. since I am that partner.

I've stayed put thus far waiting to move on the black king. I've scanned 2 people and missed one scan due to work interference.

Lathum and Sonic Youth both came back Black to me.

lets remove the obvious wolf then focus on the rest. too much speclation today might just screw up an easy elimination of he wolves altogether.

I will be moving tonight.

I'm not sure there is anyone we do not yet know the black/white value of at this point. if there is, tell me and I'l scan them.

VOTE ANXIETY
Old 05-08-2008, 06:10 PM   #1257
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'll be scanning you tonight, Render. I'm 95-100% positive you're right next to me. So we'll find out if you're a wolf or not.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #1258
The Jackal
Coordinator

Oh, wait, I read that wrong. You -will- be moving tonight? Then we might have a problem. Though from what I understand, if I can see you at any point, I'll get a scan, and I think I see you now, so I should be able to tell either way.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:21 PM   #1259
The Jackal
Coordinator

Well, the one bad thing about a runaway vote is that no one's said a damn thing today.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:40 PM   #1260
RendeR
Coordinator

this is a good thing though, the less conversation we have today the less the wolves can foment chaos during the down time while we eliminate anxiety.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:51 PM   #1261
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
Well, the one bad thing about a runaway vote is that no one's said a damn thing today.

Seems like evenings have been quiet throughout this game.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 10:09 PM   #1262
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
this is a good thing though, the less conversation we have today the less the wolves can foment chaos during the down time while we eliminate anxiety.

I guess that's true.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:11 PM   #1263
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Seems like evenings have been quiet throughout this game.

That's actually an important note to me, because I want to make the best possible deadline time.. I'm pretty much free all day and night EST, and I'd like as many players as possible, so if anyone has any recommendations, do PM me.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:12 PM   #1264
The Jackal
Coordinator

dola

uh, that was for the game i'm running in probably two-three months, since i didn't make that clear, but still. since i'm free most times, and i've only played in 5 or so games here, was just wondering what the "accepted" best deadline time is, or anything near to it.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #1265
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

*yawn*
Old 05-09-2008, 12:20 AM   #1266
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Vote Anxiety
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 12:48 AM   #1267
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Ooh, ooh - quote it please!

Good thing this isn't Sonic Youth. It might take five pages of back and forth to even get a hint as to which post it was.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:27 AM   #1268
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Vote Anxiety

Deacon if I'm interpreting what Cronin is saying correctly then you need to move phase one. Just to re-iterate.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 02:45 AM   #1269
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Oooh. Phase one.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:39 AM   #1270
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Anyroad. Things didn't quite go as the wolves might have hoped last night but they certainly weren't good for white or black either. Losing two pawns isn't optimal for us, I have to say.

Qwik, no reason you should want to talk to me but you say that cronin isn't a wolf. Does this mean you think he isn't a wolf or that you know he isn't a wolf. Given my suspicions yesterday I'm interested in that. Also, when did Anxiety out himself to you?

Vote Anxiety

Two birds. One stone. Result.

Needless to say any white piece (and we all know who they are now) not voting Anxiety may as well get their "Look at me! I'm a wolf!" T-shirts printed now.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:46 AM   #1271
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Checking over a few things...now that I'm read up and perhaps not so stupid today...

I still don't regret my actions, because I figured I would be killed taking the queen and didn't want to die without at least getting one reveal out of the way for the benefit of the entire villager group.

I don't see how moving to C6 helps because from what I gather the white bishop is at E3 and I'm at D4 with a bunch of white pawns behind me. Of course I could move back and take the pawn at B5 or F5, or I could keep pressing forward. I think Jackal's last spot was F3, of course he could have moved further towards the black army, but he could be standing still and scanning still...if that is the case, he's just as likely to jump for me as I would for him, but then again I /can't/ see the pawns that were in G2 and H2, nor do I know where A2's pawn is. And of course, the biggie is the rooks and king.

Where I am at, I can scan a bunch of white pieces, and I assume, that white is where the remainder of wolves hide. So do you allow me a few turns to lie still and scan? Or do you, for defense purposes since I'm about 2 moves from putting the king in check (assuming he hasn't moved).

I figure with so many white pawns northward that a rook has me lined up at D1. I can't see the other white bishop at this time.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 06:47 AM   #1272
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Anyroad. Things didn't quite go as the wolves might have hoped last night but they certainly weren't good for white or black either. Losing two pawns isn't optimal for us, I have to say.

Qwik, no reason you should want to talk to me but you say that cronin isn't a wolf. Does this mean you think he isn't a wolf or that you know he isn't a wolf. Given my suspicions yesterday I'm interested in that. Also, when did Anxiety out himself to you?

Vote Anxiety

Two birds. One stone. Result.

Needless to say any white piece (and we all know who they are now) not voting Anxiety may as well get their "Look at me! I'm a wolf!" T-shirts printed now.

My night scan says I learned that Cronin is not a wolf. I think that's pretty clean cut.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:49 AM   #1273
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Anxiety never outed himself, I scanned him on Night Two because we were setting up moves and he was in close proximity to me...I was going to move up the side when I had a moment of clarity and said to myself, perhaps I should scan my partner since I know he's in range and I don't know who everyone else is...
Old 05-09-2008, 08:11 AM   #1274
st.cronin
General Manager

Qwik, you obviously can see some spaces I can't see. I am just saying that I see danger where you are and in several spots you can move.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #1275
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Black, vote Anxiety off. As a measure of trust, here's my board:
Does that mean that white will return the favour next turn?
Sonic Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:29 AM   #1276
mccollins
College Prospect

Here's the thing about moving / capturing - if you move on turn 1 and the person attempts to capture you on turn 1, from what I understand from Pass, you won't be captured.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:30 AM   #1277
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post

The theory is that we will have identified 2 black wolves and will turn to find the (we're guessing) 2 white wolves.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #1278
st.cronin
General Manager

Yeah, once Anxiety is voted off, there's no reason to vote for a black player. I certainly won't be.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #1279
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic Youth View Post

Assuming Anxiety is a wolf, yeah, that's exactly what this means.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 08:45 AM   #1280
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

I can't see why we'd try black again if Anx is a wolf.
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #1281
Sonic Youth
H.S. Freshman Team

I guess night actions and stuff like that will show which way things go next time.

Vote Anxiety.
Sonic Youth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:05 AM   #1282
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Assuming Anxiety is a wolf, yeah, that's exactly what this means.

I was waiting for someone to start casting doubt...I want to keep a check on those that (pun not intended).
Old 05-09-2008, 09:06 AM   #1283
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
VOTE ANXIETY

Getting my vote in early, I'm working today but my son is home sick with an ear infection and bad allergy attack, so I'm not sure how the day will go. I should be around though and will keep up with what is going on
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 09:10 AM   #1284
st.cronin
General Manager

I believe that Anxiety is a wolf, but it wouldn't be completely shocking if he turned up white.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #1285
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was waiting for someone to start casting doubt...I want to keep a check on those that (pun not intended).

Qwik, my only doubt here is that I'm blindly following someone else's claim. He's a wolf, I'm incredibly happy, sorry if my doubt came off as anything else.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #1286
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Qwik, my only doubt here is that I'm blindly following someone else's claim. He's a wolf, I'm incredibly happy, sorry if my doubt came off as anything else.

But he admitted it...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 AM   #1287
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I believe that Anxiety is a wolf, but it wouldn't be completely shocking if he turned up white.

Huh...I'm the black knight, I talk to Anxiety because he was my partnet as a knight, I found out he was a wolf.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 05-09-2008, 09:37 AM   #1288
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I protected Lathum because I scanned him last night and he came back clean. Not because he's a wolf.

And yes, i am the last black wolf, no question about that. More after deadline.

See above quote...
Old 05-09-2008, 09:38 AM   #1289
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yes it would.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:39 AM   #1290
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
But he admitted it...

Went back and found that, I've apparently missed an entire page of the thread (like Anxiety's happy dance at telling us exactly what he was going to do and then doing it). So yeah, can I vote for him extra times?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:42 AM   #1291
st.cronin
General Manager

Qwik, I'm just imagining a scenario where you and the wolves conspire to hand over a white wolf, knowing that white has a big block of votes. I agree its unlikely, and I'm not sure how it would work. Also it's not going to change my vote.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 09:44 AM   #1292
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

So I guess the biggest question is, do you let me, the black knight live?

Since there is some doubt as to whether Jackal is truthful or not, but there is no doubt that I am, unless you think I sold Anxiety up the river...

But this is where my stupidity is a benefit...had it gotten to a situation where I was in danger (through vote), or Anxiety and I got to a point where something had to be revealed...there wouldn't have been a few turns of wondering who is who...

So the question remains, am I important enough to keep for both black and white, or does white kill me off and take a gamble with jackal?

If the remainder of the wolves are white, then make no doubt, white is going to be hurting soon.

Now I've gone and done all of this, I promise, that I would not attack any white pieces, I'll stay in place and scan, or move to mutually agreed locations, but I think that white pieces should stop moving as well.

Once the wolves are rooted out, let me get back to starting point or at least the neutral zone and we have our nice dustoff?
Old 05-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #1293
st.cronin
General Manager

Qwik, I am ok with that plan.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 09:56 AM   #1294
mccollins
College Prospect

Qwik, at this point, as a knight/seer, I think you are one of our best assets to both black and white for finding the remaining wolves.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:57 AM   #1295
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Cronin I assume you are in a kill spot. My question is whether your associates feel the same way?

I assume your king would have to order that stuff.

Of course, I know the black king isn't so receptive, but perhaps if we find out that a bishop or rook is of the same wolfish persuasion that it might change his tune...of course, if a white pawn is the one, then it also benefits black...

Black has weathered the storm that white has now to face...the big question is whether white wants to or not...
Old 05-09-2008, 09:58 AM   #1296
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Of course, the other big thing is names...I've cleared Cronin, we know that NTN and Neon are the kings...Jackal is a question mark but out of my sightline. So whom do I read, I've got white pawns to my north.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #1297
st.cronin
General Manager

Qwik I believe white villagers will leave you be. White wolves may move to take you out, if they think they can get away with it.

knives out
Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 AM   #1298
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I will make this vow right now...I'm not moving this evening.

It's a big risk, but if I am killed through moves, I think you'll have found another wolf.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #1299
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Qwik, I have pawns in front of you and will put in an action now not to attack.
Old 05-09-2008, 10:00 AM   #1300
st.cronin
General Manager

Narcizo, heinz, or Purduebrad. Those are white players unvouched for. There's obviously one more - there's 2 rooks, 2 pawns. I can't think who I'm missing.

knives out