Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-10-2014, 02:46 PM   #12901
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I don't mess with the canned ravioli often, but it would be nice if we could get some standardization whereby all cans have the pull top(preferred) or the can opener top. We know the pull top exists, so why do we keep going back to old technology.

I'll concur.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:00 PM   #12902
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, it seems like when I try to google the issue I see a bunch of survivalist forums and shit and that people think the can opener top lasts longer or something dumb like that.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #12903
cuervo72
Head Coach

I thought generally Chef had the pop top, house brand the can opener top?
Old 04-10-2014, 03:11 PM   #12904
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I guess Chef is now claiming they would have to increase prices or something. So dumb. I like the Italian Sausage Ravioli every now and again and they had some Buy 10 con agra items save $3 promo running at the grocery store.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:25 PM   #12905
MacroGuru
Coordinator

So, I am very even keeled guy, not prone to getting angry a lot...just had a co-worker today start bitching and yelling at me to the point I snapped..I got nose to nose with him and told him exactly what I thought, in very loud terms with our owner right there.

I honestly don't care that the owner witnessed it, I am more concerned that I lost my cool, period. I just don't, and no I am discombobulated and can't put together coherent thoughts because I am so upset with myself.
Old 04-11-2014, 01:40 PM   #12906
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So, I am very even keeled guy, not prone to getting angry a lot...just had a co-worker today start bitching and yelling at me to the point I snapped..I got nose to nose with him and told him exactly what I thought, in very loud terms with our owner right there.

I honestly don't care that the owner witnessed it, I am more concerned that I lost my cool, period. I just don't, and no I am discombobulated and can't put together coherent thoughts because I am so upset with myself.

I'm the same way as far as not getting angry, and like you I find it very disconcerting when I do lose it. I can't say that I have a magic solution, just that I sympathize. Maybe excuse yourself and take a walk outside to clear your head?

I generally find it hard to concentrate for the rest of the day after really blowing my top, but I don't imagine calling it a day is an option?
Old 04-11-2014, 01:51 PM   #12907
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

If I'm angry, I don't often work well angry so I try to either work through some mundane production-style work that's repetitive and I probably won't make a mistake or I try to work on something completely creative where I'm brainstorming because it will free up my mind. However, something where the two have to meet (Project Management, email response- anything political, heck- anything that involves cat sheperheding), that's just a bad idea.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:54 PM   #12908
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I'm the same way as far as not getting angry, and like you I find it very disconcerting when I do lose it. I can't say that I have a magic solution, just that I sympathize. Maybe excuse yourself and take a walk outside to clear your head?

I generally find it hard to concentrate for the rest of the day after really blowing my top, but I don't imagine calling it a day is an option?

Yeah, wish I could call it a day, not happening though because I am swamped at work too...
Old 04-11-2014, 05:11 PM   #12909
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

If it's of any value to you whatsoever, there probably aren't too many people around here that "snap" more often than I do or have more experience with doing so. It is still an unnerving & discombobulating thing when it happens, even though it's close to being my default setting.

I guess my point here is something like "at least know that your reaction to having done so is pretty normal" (so that having it bother you afterwards doesn't add another bother/worry to your list).
Old 04-11-2014, 05:50 PM   #12910
stevew
Hall Of Famer

West Virginia sure has a lot of titty bars
Old 04-12-2014, 07:35 AM   #12911
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I hate the fact the courses are so packed around here I can't get a damn tee time.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:36 AM   #12912
Grover
Pro Starter

Hoping to defend my state candlepin bowling title this weekend.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 07:43 AM   #12913
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sleeping in: I'm doing it wrong
Old 04-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #12914
Logan
Head Coach

Not a good day for the official @USAirways Twitter account. Search from work at your own risk.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:09 PM   #12915
Suicane75
Coordinator

Taken down. Was it a naked lady or something worse?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:16 PM   #12916
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post

A naked lady with a little something worse thrown in for good measure.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:30 PM   #12917
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post

They've got a screencap on gawker.

Think a naked lady with a plane impaled in her...
Old 04-14-2014, 03:39 PM   #12918
Suicane75
Coordinator

Nose first. Heh.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:58 PM   #12919
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

38 Priceless Twitter Reactions to That NSFW US Airways Tweet
Old 04-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #12920
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I have to get a PET scan tomorrow. For the 24 hours before the scan, I cannot drink caffeine and have to eat low carb, with a very specific list of foods that are "ok":
"Limit your carbohydrate intake for 24 hours prior to your
PET/CT scan. Here are some suggestions of what you can eat:
meat, fish, cheese, eggs, grapefruit, lettuce, tomato (raw), mushrooms, asparagus, cabbage, cucumber, celery, cauliflower and sugar free beverages. You should avoid milk, nuts, cereals, fruits and vegetables (unless listed above), sweets, breads, potatoes, rice, pasta, juices, oatmeal, baked goods and gum."

Now, I'm a girl that knows about balance so I don't go overboard too often on carbs. But man, my plate of scrambled eggs, sautee'd mushrooms, steamed asparagus and roast cauliflower looks really imbalanced to me.

Oh yeah, the "best" part about the scan is no food tomorrow for the 6 hours before the scan. And my scan is actually at 2p.m., though I have to get to the clinic at 1 for the injection.

I pity my coworkers tomorrow.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:14 PM   #12921
Radii
Head Coach

A grapefruit had ~26g carbs, about 60% of that is sugar, I'm surprised that's allowed! I'm eating a ketogenic diet, that jumped out at me on that list. Tomatos are 2nd on the list with 5g carbs in a tomato.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #12922
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, I was surprised, too!

And surprised veg like broccoli wasn't on the list.

Oh well, I'll be much less fun tomorrow with no food and no caffeine (only water). And after they give me the injection, I have to lie still in the dark for an hour while the tracer moves through my body. Any stimulus (even music or book) can alter its uptake. Insane!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 11:35 PM   #12923
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 12:02 AM   #12924
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My niece's new baby daddy is about to get tossed out of the army for being too overweight. This doesn't bode well.
Old 04-15-2014, 08:01 AM   #12925
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

There's snow on the ground.

Why is there snow on the ground?
Old 04-15-2014, 08:26 AM   #12926
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Thanks to the 3 inches of snow last night, this winter is officially the snowiest ever in Metro Detroit with a total of 94.8 inches of snow. The old record was 93.6 inches set back in 1880-81.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 04-15-2014, 02:40 PM   #12927
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

This weather is crazy.
Yesterday it was 87..tonight we have a freeze warning and a high of around 50 tomorrow...
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #12928
Suicane75
Coordinator

Yup, 80 the past 3 days, flowers have bloomed, grass is growing, gonna snow tonight. Fuck whatever it is the Earth is doing.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:11 PM   #12929
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

When I left my house this morning about 7am, it was 61.
When I got out of an early meeting, about 9:30am, it was 32.

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:48 PM   #12930
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
My niece's new baby daddy is about to get tossed out of the army for being too overweight. This doesn't bode well.

New baby daddy? How many baby daddies does she have?!?

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 03:50 PM   #12931
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Y'all need to move to California, where things are normal. It's 80 something... again.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #12932
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Just in case you weren't sure, taking 4 kids to the dentist by yourself is just as miserable of an experience as you would guess.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #12933
Blackadar
Retired

I have no patience for real estate agents. I've fired two in the last week.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:46 AM   #12934
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtCrazy View Post
Just in case you weren't sure, taking 4 kids to the dentist by yourself is just as miserable of an experience as you would guess.

I took 2 a few months ago and it was miserable. To boot, they only called for one of mine and I think they skipped over the other one(both have similar names) because #2's appointment was 15 mins after the first. So I tried to be patient and wait and it ended in me wasting my time and rescheduling the other appointment.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:27 AM   #12935
MacroGuru
Coordinator

I am about to make a decision to go back out on the road for work.

I know I have been wined and dined by several companies locally and it's helped me with my $ and benefit situation at work...but I can't turn down doubling or tripling my income....and then if I take the Director position...it's a chance of making four or five times what I am making now.

It screams to me I have to do it.

What does it mean if I do go for it...

Less immediate time with my kids...what I mean by that is...I will still get my Weds, but I would lose the every other weekend I have...BUT...I would be home for 10 days every month and I would get them for the 10 days. So in all actuality I would see them more than I do now...just 1 time a month instead of 2 times.

I have discussed this with the kids, and they are on board with it.

Last edited by MacroGuru : 04-16-2014 at 09:27 AM.
MacroGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:11 PM   #12936
Blackadar
Retired

3rd real estate agent fired inside of a week. I swear most of these people are dumber than rocks.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:19 PM   #12937
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
3rd real estate agent fired inside of a week. I swear most of these people are dumber than rocks.

Easy there, Murphy Brown.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:13 PM   #12938
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post

What are they doing wrong?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 06:43 PM   #12939
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
What are they doing wrong?

Let's see...

Agent #1 was told that I was looking at a house in a particular price range. The first three she sent me were all higher than that range. I re-sent her my price range in writing. The next 6 houses were all higher than that range.

Agent #2 started off well. He sent me stuff that was in my range and we discussed what I was looking for. I wanted to set up a time for him to show me a couple of the houses. He didn't respond for two days. I sent him an email. No response. So I called him. 3 days later, he had someone else from his office call me. Her first words - "so, what are you looking for?"

Agent #3 was referred to me. We had a brief conversation and she was to send me some homes. When my wife called (who is extremely sweet) a couple of days later to ask a simple question about one of the schools for one of the houses, the woman was downright rude to my wife and said "well, I don't know when I can get to you" and "it might be two weeks before I have time to answer that".

Un-fucking-believable. I think at least half of the real estate agents are mouth-breathing idiots or bored, pampered housewives who like to pretend they're playing grown up.

I'm not asking for much. Just show me listings in my price range (or tell me there's nothing in that range - which I know there is), return my emails in a timely fashion (not having someone with NO IDEA what I want call me after 4 days) and at least act that you're somewhat interested in making a few grand for less than a weeks' worth of work.

Last edited by Blackadar : 04-16-2014 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:02 PM   #12940
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Most real estate agents can barely fog a mirror. The few that are good are worth their weight in gold.

The only acceptable of the above 3 to me is #1. When I have had that experience, I like to reply: "Obviously we discussed my price range. So s it a correct assumption that you are guaranteeing me you can negotiate them down to my stated range?"

If they say no...then you fire them because "I really need an agent who is either A a better listener or B a better negotiator"

Old 04-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #12941
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I stereotype most real estate agents as people with no talent or real abilities that think they can make a quick buck selling houses. They generally don't have my highest respect.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:05 PM   #12942
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Yeah, I'm very much hoping my agent doesn't retire before we start looking for our next house (several years out, but this isn't our hugely long term place). I'd hate to have to find another one.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 11:40 PM   #12943
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Is it in Florida you are looking Blackadar? If so, reach out to Flasch, he may be able to refer you to some quality realtors in your area. His company is amazing, up near the Jacksonville area.
Old 04-17-2014, 05:04 AM   #12944
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Is it in Florida you are looking Blackadar? If so, reach out to Flasch, he may be able to refer you to some quality realtors in your area. His company is amazing, up near the Jacksonville area.

Thanks Macro. I'm looking pretty far south of that - down near Fort Meyers.

As an aside, my agent in NC is awesome. We got two full-price offers on my house yesterday, which was 5 days after listing it.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #12945
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Can you share who the NC agent is?
Thanks
Old 04-17-2014, 09:50 AM   #12946
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Can you share who the NC agent is?
Thanks

Sent PM
Old 04-18-2014, 01:30 PM   #12947
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

My 3 year old just had an epic meltdown while attempting to get his picture with the Easter bunny.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:34 PM   #12948
molson
General Manager

Can you really blame him? Here he is, enjoying life, the weather's warming up, flowers are blooming, and suddenly......Giant fucking bunny.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:46 PM   #12949
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

There's a music theater a few blocks from where I live. I pass by it every day when walking my dog.

Tonight "5 Seconds of Summer" is playing. I had no idea who they were (Wikipedia informs me that they are an Australian boy band/Youtube sensation).

There were people camping out in front of the theater as early as yesterday afternoon. There were lines around both blocks - and a few blocks on either side of the theater - by noon today.

I guess being a boy band is good business.
Old 04-18-2014, 02:59 PM   #12950
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
My 3 year old just had an epic meltdown while attempting to get his picture with the Easter bunny.

I think it's impossible to make a 6 foot rabbit not look creepy.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote