Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-14-2014, 08:39 PM   #12801
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
There is something comforting about that as well. Sounds like a well run business.

It is. Great pizza too. Love the guys.

And really it's no different from when I used to work at Starbucks and I'd do the same thing.

No complaint from me at all. I just thought it was amusing. I mean I know they knew me and my order, but I didn't imagine they'd be like "hey he's late" necessarily.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-14-2014 at 08:44 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 09:14 PM   #12802
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I basically have to scream at them to hold the mayo at this point. One light pass asswhites!

They never give me enough mayo. I've asked them for extra and still put on more at home.

<------- really, really likes mayo
Old 03-14-2014, 09:22 PM   #12803
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Try asking for regular mayo. Then follow it up by asking for low fat mayo as well.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 11:58 PM   #12804
JediKooter
Coordinator

I know the owner of an Outback Steakhouse and would call up one of the managers if I knew he was working there that day and call in an order for a BLT. It would be ready for me when I got there and it was great seeing everyone's face when I sat at the bar and no more than two minutes I'd have my BLT. Good times....good times.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:25 AM   #12805
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Rarely a good thing when you spend 2 hours at the auto shop waiting for them to tell you you've got a $820 repair job.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:41 AM   #12806
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Were you wearing the hat , CW?

Cause, that's like fifty bucks right off the top of the bill for that.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:38 PM   #12807
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Rarely a good thing when you spend 2 hours at the auto shop waiting for them to tell you you've got a $820 repair job.

for what?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 12:57 PM   #12808
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

So I waited an hour and a half online this morning to get Comic Con tickets and wasn't selected to buy in their randomized order, which sucks.

I am okay with it in the scheme of things because I know the tickets are limited, and the demand is high.

But what is frustrating is that they give you no indication after they randomize the order on whether you even have a legit shot to get tickets. It would seem to be a reasonably easy thing to do. If you have, let's say, 10000 tickets available and this such and such person is the 15000th in line, well, you can more or less let them know they're not likely to get tickets and they can choose whether to still stay on or not at that point.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 04:13 PM   #12809
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
for what?

Long story short, it was venting vapor around the fuel cap.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:43 PM   #12810
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So, when does Aaron Paul get a new TV series. All that promo, and need for speed opens to 18m
Old 03-16-2014, 05:56 PM   #12811
sabotai
General Manager

The chick in the AT&T commercials is the very definition of "perfect combination of sexy and cute".
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:59 PM   #12812
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
The chick in the AT&T commercials is the very definition of "perfect combination of sexy and cute".

Q: Who is the hot girl, "Lily", in the AT&T...

Her?

Last edited by Matthean : 03-16-2014 at 07:59 PM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:01 PM   #12813
sabotai
General Manager

That's the one.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #12814
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post

goddammit, why did i read that discussion comment section under that post.
Old 03-16-2014, 08:51 PM   #12815
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Kids are not good at buffets.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:00 PM   #12816
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Kids are not good at buffets.

especially since most are lower than the sneeze guard.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:12 AM   #12817
Blackadar
Retired

I understand weather delays, but this is getting absurd.

6:30 AM flight delayed to 8:30. Then to 10:30. Then to 10:45. Then to 12:15. Just cancel the fucking thing already. By the time they cancel this, all the other flights to DC tomorrow will be full and I won't be able to get there at all.

Oh...maybe that's a good thing.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM   #12818
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I understand weather delays, but this is getting absurd.

6:30 AM flight delayed to 8:30. Then to 10:30. Then to 10:45. Then to 12:15. Just cancel the fucking thing already. By the time they cancel this, all the other flights to DC tomorrow will be full and I won't be able to get there at all.

Oh...maybe that's a good thing.

Exactly what I thought would happen just did. My flight was canceled a couple of minutes ago (I was on my way out the door and did one last check on the flight). Called the travel agent and now there's nothing available to DC until mid-morning Wednesday because all the passengers on other flights that were canceled (unlike mine which kept getting delayed) have had a chance to rebook. I can work from home so that's ok, but it doesn't look good since everyone else flew in last night and made it into the office.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #12819
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I was up at my cousin's house this weekend, and his 7 year old son asked me what SXSW was. I told him it meant "South by Southwest" and it is a big music, movie, and tech festival. He asked what bands were there, and I told him it is mostly bands people never have heard of that are trying to become famous, but also sometimes famous people play. I told him that Justin Bieber played last week. His reply was awesome: "How? I thought he was in jail."
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:59 PM   #12820
Izulde
Head Coach

Police: Two Charged After Caught in Sex Act Near School - Racine County Eye - Racine County Eye

I laughed so hard I almost cried at this story. Hilarious on so many levels, but maybe that's just me.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 03-17-2014 at 04:59 PM.
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 05:27 PM   #12821
molson
General Manager

A spirited attempt to document all of the various shenanigans the police were called for during St. Patrick's day weekend in Chicago:

Crime In Wrigleyville + Boystown: IT AIN'T EASY BEING GREEN: St. Pat's Festivities Rack Up 21 Arrests, 17 Ambulance Runs In Wrigleyville
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 08:13 AM   #12822
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I bet if I went back a year, and two years, I'd find similar posts I made like this one...

My company (a charter school) founder is a huge college basketball fan. Every year, we run a huge brackets pool, people receiving up to 5 brackets, based on tenure. Back in the day, before I got here, the CFO used to manually calculate everything (this alone should tell you about priorities, he did nothing for the balance of March and early April but this).

I came along a couple years ago. After unsuccessfully trying to sway the powers that be to pick one site (say Yahoo!) and lift the restricted access for the time of tournament, and have everyone enter brackets there (legally, I guess it looks bad that employees are "gambling" on company time, should the Board of Education see this...but it's OK that we do it in general. Logic not a strong point here!), I built brackets in Excel, and they all tie back to a master score sheet. Initial setup is a little tedious, but scoring is a breeze.

Since yesterday, I've beat my head against the wall multiple times. The instructions are pretty simple: Save the file as FirstnameLastname#ofentry. Email back to me.

I've received so far this morning:

One person who completed the brackets in Excel...then took a screen shot and pasted the screen shot into his return email.

Another who sent 5 separate emails, changing the subject line of the email in the format described above, but named each file "Brackets" (sure, I can rename, but not the point!)

And a 3rd who filled out 4 brackets...then for some reason moving the file into a new workbook, away from the hidden tabs that calculate scoring in the original file. But he named them right!

tl;dr I WORK WITH IDIOTS
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:06 AM   #12823
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I saw a guy this morning wearing an old school Eagles jacket who looked almost exactly like Randall Cunningham. I know that it wasn't actually him because he was under 6' tall, and he was working maintenance in a federal building in Raleigh, NC.

But I had questions. Do you know you look like Randall Cunningham? Is that why you have the jacket? Is that why you became an Eagles fan in the first place?
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #12824
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I bet if I went back a year, and two years, I'd find similar posts I made like this one...

My company (a charter school) founder is a huge college basketball fan. Every year, we run a huge brackets pool, people receiving up to 5 brackets, based on tenure. Back in the day, before I got here, the CFO used to manually calculate everything (this alone should tell you about priorities, he did nothing for the balance of March and early April but this).

I came along a couple years ago. After unsuccessfully trying to sway the powers that be to pick one site (say Yahoo!) and lift the restricted access for the time of tournament, and have everyone enter brackets there (legally, I guess it looks bad that employees are "gambling" on company time, should the Board of Education see this...but it's OK that we do it in general. Logic not a strong point here!), I built brackets in Excel, and they all tie back to a master score sheet. Initial setup is a little tedious, but scoring is a breeze.

Since yesterday, I've beat my head against the wall multiple times. The instructions are pretty simple: Save the file as FirstnameLastname#ofentry. Email back to me.

I've received so far this morning:

One person who completed the brackets in Excel...then took a screen shot and pasted the screen shot into his return email.

Another who sent 5 separate emails, changing the subject line of the email in the format described above, but named each file "Brackets" (sure, I can rename, but not the point!)

And a 3rd who filled out 4 brackets...then for some reason moving the file into a new workbook, away from the hidden tabs that calculate scoring in the original file. But he named them right!

tl;dr I WORK WITH IDIOTS

They should all be eliminated for failing to meet entry requirements.
Old 03-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #12825
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

And the entry fee is forfeit

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:03 AM   #12826
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
And the entry fee is forfeit

SI

No fee...though they give out giftcards to the top finishers.

And I'm with DT. I used to ask people if they needed help. Now? I mail back to them and/or the admin they filter all them through, saying it's incorrect. If they don't resubmit, less work for me.

Just mindblowing someone can screenshot the file and paste into a message, but not capable of saving a file and attaching?
Old 03-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #12827
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Reitman steps down as director for the Ghostbusters reboot but stays on as producer. Would be nice if it just saw its eventual death and people moved on.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:00 PM   #12828
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Moving hot dogs back to the "do not consume" list. Feel like I wanna die today.
Old 03-19-2014, 03:25 PM   #12829
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Moving hot dogs back to the "do not consume" list. Feel like I wanna die today.

I rarely eat hot dogs. When I was like six or seven I once threw up after eating a couple of hot dogs and ever since then I very rarely eat them. There is a taco place nearby, however, that also serves some hot dogs. Every time I've gone there I've stuck with the tacos, but the last time I was there they had a chorizo mac and cheese hot dog. It sounded too good to pass up, so I ordered one. I was right. It was delicious. I crave one now. This place is an exception to my general anti-hot dog rule.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:27 PM   #12830
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Every time I have a hot dog I remind myself I should have gotten a brat instead.
Old 03-19-2014, 04:52 PM   #12831
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I got brats from the store and one of them had a bunch of really black hogs hair in it. Haven't eaten more than 1 or 2 since.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:14 PM   #12832
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I got brats from the store and one of them had a bunch of really black hogs hair in it. Haven't eaten more than 1 or 2 since.

Don't worry. That wasn't hog's hair

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:21 PM   #12833
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

about what year did free refills become commonplace?
Old 03-19-2014, 09:03 PM   #12834
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I Wanna say about 87. At one point we were stuck with "the pitcher" at pizza hut and then they switched to the bottomless glass
Old 03-19-2014, 09:10 PM   #12835
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I Wanna say about 87. At one point we were stuck with "the pitcher" at pizza hut and then they switched to the bottomless glass

I was thinking around the same
Old 03-20-2014, 07:35 AM   #12836
Logan
Head Coach

When you have a place that doesn't offer free refills, it really makes you notice.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:30 PM   #12837
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Jem & The Holograms To Star In Presumably Outrageous Live-Action Movie

Quote:
Looks like the "movies based on '80s toylines" genre is no longer just a boys club. Former doll and cartoon franchise Jem and the Holograms will rock their own live-action movie, to be directed by G.I. Joe 2's Jon M. Chu.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:05 PM   #12838
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
When you have a place that doesn't offer free refills, it really makes you notice.

Venn overlap of "don't offer free refills" and "cash only please or use our ATM" is huge.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #12839
chadritt
High School Varsity

AKA the Justin Bieber film director and its also produced by Biebers manager...I dont know if its relevant but it doesnt make me smile.
chadritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:35 PM   #12840
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadritt View Post
AKA the Justin Bieber film director and its also produced by Biebers manager...I dont know if its relevant but it doesnt make me smile.

LOL aaak.

There must be a part for Bieber in it somehow then. LOL.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:02 AM   #12841
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I keep thinking that Bieber should be out of it by now yet he keeps banking 50+mil a year. It would be hard for him to go bankrupt at this point. With the caveat that I'm assuming he uses better financial dudes than MC Hammer did.
Old 03-21-2014, 12:42 AM   #12842
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

It gets better.

Old 03-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #12843
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Did ya miss me?

Old 03-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #12844
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

in keeping with the thread theme, I sometimes wonder if I'm supposed to answer rhetorical questions
Old 03-22-2014, 11:10 PM   #12845
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Rant

I guess I kind of knew this already, and have heard all the horror stories, but lots of sports parents/organizations are total douchebags.

Played our first two games of a mite (8 & under) hockey tournament. 13 kids, all first year kids, but one, in his 2nd year. And he's 6 (coach's son, started at 5). So we're playing White Minor level.

In order, there is Red Major, Red Minor, White Major, White Minor, Blue (no designation, these are typically 5 year olds).

Game one, before we even started, one of the mom's from the other team told anyone who'd listen "they're all 6!!". Awkward you'd announce it to nobody in particular. There was not one kid smaller than our biggest kids.

Game 2, neighboring district, including the son of somebody I went to HS with. I know this kid's an 8 year old, third year of organized hockey.

Sure, by the rules, they all qualify for any mite team, they're within age parameters. But it's just so skeevy.

Maybe it's the bitterness talking, but I'd like to think I'd be embarrassed as a parent to place my kid on a team he surpassed the level of play a year+.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:17 AM   #12846
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure I recall anything quite like the past 48 hours or so. 3 former school/classmates (two from my graduating class of a hundred or so, one from the class just ahead of us) all died abruptly. And within an hour or so of hearing of the third death, we got a call about the wife of a local scoutmaster who passed suddenly as well.

It's sobering, perhaps the most I've felt my own mortality since discovering it in my late teens. When you're about to turn 47 you rationally know that there's a very good chance there's less in front of you than behind you but a sequence like this really puts the spotlight on that fact.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:32 AM   #12847
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Sunday morning, you want to see a late score, turn on ESPN, see the score come on the bottom, think "YES!!"

And then you see NCAAW in the left-hand corner and no longer care.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 11:41 AM   #12848
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm guessing there's a thread for this, but I'm irritated and cranky in general today and don't want to take the time to search for it.

/rant on/

I really really hate iOS7. They had a perfectly good UIX and they went and redesigned the whole thing. So what, now instead of dragging left to search for apps from my homescreen i have to get the right "pulldown" from the top. Because if I get the wrong one then I get the fullscreen pulldown. And the bar at the bottom that gets pulled up seems so much more intrusive and less obvious .

Just some freaking arrogance to go and completely redesign your UIX. Makes me sorry I finally I upgraded my iPad to iOS7 frankly, and is a key driver in ensuring I won't be getting an iPhone or another iPad. I just find it literally...painful to use. It's probably resulted in a 40-50% decrease in the amount of use my iPad gets.

Fucking Apple

//rant offf//

irritated for plenty of other reasons today anyways.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:56 AM   #12849
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

need a favor. Can someone try opening this website

NetSpend Prepaid Debit Cards, Visa Prepaid Cards, Prepaid MasterCards

I am in London and just keep getting an error this webpage is not available.

trying to see if it is the sight or some issue with being in the UK.
Old 03-25-2014, 12:04 PM   #12850
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
need a favor. Can someone try opening this website

NetSpend Prepaid Debit Cards, Visa Prepaid Cards, Prepaid MasterCards

I am in London and just keep getting an error this webpage is not available.

trying to see if it is the sight or some issue with being in the UK.

it opens for me
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote