Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-27-2014, 08:20 AM   #12701
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Someone needs to mod FOF and replace every team with a Game of Throne house.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:23 AM   #12702
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post

GODDAMMIT THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:19 AM   #12703
Kodos
Resident Alien

Winterfell: Single-Back formation with two tight ends, strength is left. The defense is in a 43 with nickel personnel and 3-deep zone coverage, keying aggressively on the pass.
2-6-TOR40 (1Q: 03:02) Robb Stark pass completed to WR Catelyn Stark for -1 yards. Tackled by OLB Walder Frey. The receiver ran her route right over the middle of the field. The quarterback threw into double coverage. Winterfell's Robb Stark was hurt on the play. This appears to be a fatal chest injury. He should be able to remain in the ground.

Last edited by Kodos : 02-27-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:11 PM   #12704
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Winterfell: Single-Back formation with two tight ends, strength is left. The defense is in a 43 with nickel personnel and 3-deep zone coverage, keying aggressively on the pass.
2-6-TOR40 (1Q: 03:02) Robb Stark pass completed to WR Catelyn Stark for -1 yards. Tackled by OLB Walder Frey. The receiver ran her route right over the middle of the field. The quarterback threw into double coverage. Winterfell's Robb Stark was hurt on the play. This appears to be a fatal chest injury. He should be able to remain in the ground.

W...T...F?!?!?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #12705
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Yeah. This needs to happen.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:20 PM   #12706
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola-
Dibs on the Kingslayers.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:05 PM   #12707
stevew
Hall Of Famer

At these price points, 5 for $3 or 10 for $5, the Mighty Wings are a clear winner. I know mcdonalds is just making a "we f'd up" refurbished offering here, but these are pretty tasty.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:48 PM   #12708
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

A friend's son shot the ball.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:53 PM   #12709
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
GODDAMMIT THIS WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA!

So I had a bunch of free time on my hands this afternoon and I made this list of Game of Thrones houses/teams for FOF grouped by possible divisions. I'd appreciate some feedback.

Spoiler

I found that there's about 15 houses that I consider "must include" and a bunch of minor houses that could be interchangeable. It's actually more suitable for college football I think. Some houses I wanted to include such as Payne didn't really associate well with a mascot (which I used house sigils).
Old 02-28-2014, 10:03 PM   #12710
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was thinking that going for places and such would maybe work well geographically. Like the north divisions made of Winter fell, Iron Islands, The Wall, etc and the south featuring teams like Kings Landing and Red Keep
Old 02-28-2014, 10:08 PM   #12711
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
I was thinking that going for places and such would maybe work well geographically. Like the north divisions made of Winter fell, Iron Islands, The Wall, etc and the south featuring teams like Kings Landing and Red Keep

This

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 10:12 PM   #12712
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Most of the houses are grouped by location and their liege lords. Although some were thrown in randomly, such as the Targaryen, Arryns, and especially the last division of Dorne and Ironmen.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:11 AM   #12713
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Game Of Thrones Sports Logos

Here's about 10 logos
Old 03-01-2014, 12:13 AM   #12714
stevew
Hall Of Famer

'Game Of Thrones' Sigils For Every NFL Team
Old 03-01-2014, 11:16 PM   #12715
stevew
Hall Of Famer

my Red Velvet Cake timeline-

Age 0-25-No idea what this is, never heard of it.
Age 26-29 Enters my radar, kind of a kitschy southern thing I guess. Never tried it
Age 30-34 Begins to gain popularity, Food Network show contestants work it in. At this point Paula Deen is probably spreading this shit like Aids in the 80s
Age 35-37 Reaches critical mass of ubiquity
Age 38(present) so popular that they probably make Red Velvet flavored condoms at this point
Old 03-02-2014, 07:20 AM   #12716
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Baseball scoring question:

Watching a spring training game and a pitcher gives up a hit or a walk, or whatever and a guy is on 1st...so the pitcher put him there...

There is a pitch in the dirt, and the runner breaks for second and is thrown out. Is the pitcher credited with this out? It doesn't seem like he should be.

Let's expand: What if it was just a clear-cut, pitcher's fault, wild pitch and the runner was thrown out? Doesn't seem like the pitcher should be credited with earning such an out on what was a baserunner he allowed, and a wild pitch which is another mistake by the pitcher.

I have a feeling it's an out credited to the pitcher, which while small, isn't very representative of his performance.
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #12717
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Does anyone have the Magic Mouse or Magic Trackpad by apple? I recently got a used Mac Pro, but I can't bridge the gap from a 20 dollar pc mouse all the way up to a Magic Trackpad at $70. I like all the gestures my macbook air does, so I guess this would really be similar.

Don't know if you got a response to this or not....
I have the Magic Mouse and love it. The gestures are pretty similar to the trackpad and the macbooks trackpad. I love it for two main reasons:

1. You don't have to worry about the mouse getting all gunked up in its moving parts because there are none.
2. Being able to scroll though webpages, not only up and down, but left and right. I don't know why, but, absolutely love that.

Cons:
It's wireless and takes 2AA batteries. I have to switch out the batteries in mine about every two months or so.

EDIT: The price is steep and that's why it took me so long to get one, but, I feel it's well worth the price.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4

Last edited by JediKooter : 03-02-2014 at 04:58 PM.
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #12718
rowech
Pro Starter

Was it part of a Jedi's training to learn how to talk and swing the saber at the same time?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:24 PM   #12719
JediKooter
Coordinator

Yes it is. The hard part is the show tunes lessons.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:53 PM   #12720
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I ordered pizza for dinner tonight. I had a yen for Hawaiian pizza, so I got one. I should have had pizza for lunch, would have been much easier to get by the slice and then I wouldn't have leftover pizza I'm sure I'm not going to finish.

I'm also very afraid my infection is back. Or there's something else wrong. One of the bloodwork numbers came back high the last 3 months, most recently even higher than the previous 2 months. Since the infection doesn't show up in my white count (even before the surgery, when I had a broken vertebra because of how much the infection had spread, my white count was normal).

I hate doctors. Hopefully I'll be able to relax in April.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 07:00 PM   #12721
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Freeze whatever you don't eat. Pizza is pretty durable
Old 03-02-2014, 07:22 PM   #12722
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Quote:
Freeze whatever you don't eat. Pizza is pretty durable

Bah. Gestapo tactics. That's right up there with my mother who freezes milk before it expires. Just say no.

TK -

Heat up the leftovers in the oven for a late night snack or better yet, cold Hawaiian pizza is generally delicious IMO.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:52 PM   #12723
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by B & B View Post
TK-

Heat up the leftovers in the oven for a late night snack or better yet, cold Hawaiian pizza is generally delicious IMO.

I agree on the cold Hawaiian pizza, but I think I'm going to get sick of it at some point.

But my preferred way to reheat pizza is to do it on the stovetop. You put the slice or 2 into a skillet/fry pan on medium-ish heat, cover it with a lid, and heat it for ~6 minutes. The top gets nice and melty, the bottom crispy. SOOO freaking good. Until you burn yourself taking the lid off. Oh wait, that's just me?

/tk
Old 03-02-2014, 08:06 PM   #12724
cuervo72
Head Coach

Toaster oven.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:28 PM   #12725
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Freezing milk is nasty, agreed.

I have this Kenmore microwave/pizza oven combo thing that is great for reheating pizza and is great for stuff like tater tots.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #12726
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
Baseball scoring question:

Watching a spring training game and a pitcher gives up a hit or a walk, or whatever and a guy is on 1st...so the pitcher put him there...

There is a pitch in the dirt, and the runner breaks for second and is thrown out. Is the pitcher credited with this out? It doesn't seem like he should be.

Let's expand: What if it was just a clear-cut, pitcher's fault, wild pitch and the runner was thrown out? Doesn't seem like the pitcher should be credited with earning such an out on what was a baserunner he allowed, and a wild pitch which is another mistake by the pitcher.

I have a feeling it's an out credited to the pitcher, which while small, isn't very representative of his performance.

Pretty sure the out goes to the defender who puts the tag on the would-be basestealer (i.e., the 2B or SS). The catcher gets an assist and a 1/1 tally in his caught stealing rate for his throw to second.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #12727
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
And, I believe that if the runner beats the tag, then the pitcher is charged with a wild pitch. But if the runner is thrown out, then no wild pitch.

Also, it takes more than just the pitch being in the dirt to be considered a wild pitch/passed ball.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #12728
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I never realized that there was potential energy stored in the porcelain of a toilet. I had a piece break off the base where the tank mounts, and that caused a water leak. I swapped out the toilet with a new one. On Saturday, I decided to break up the old one to make it easier to take to the bulk trash location. I put on goggles and grabbed my 5 pound baby sledgehammer. Tank broke apart easily, and I put the pieces into the box for transport. I then hit the base towards the bottom where the drain part makes an 'S'. The damn thing exploded when I hit that section. I didn't realize it, but one the shards sliced my thumb to the bone right below the nail. I was bleeding all over the place, and the wall outside looks like a CSI crime scene. I kept pressure on the area, but after 15 minutes it was still bleeding. I rinsed the area off with a bunch of water, then sealed it off with super glue.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:10 PM   #12729
cuervo72
Head Coach

I think he means being credited with the .1 IP that the out comes with. Though I don't really know where else you would credit that.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #12730
Blackadar
Retired

Ever been amazed at the customer service for a company while their product continually failed you?

I ordered some fake LED lighted candles for the house a couple of months ago for our bedroom. Three different sizes, paraffin coated so they look pretty damn real. The ones I ordered can change colors (like 8 different colors) or you can set them for a particular color. They have a 4 and 8 hour timer as well as a remote control. They look pretty cool.

Set 1 comes, everything works out of the box for a couple of weeks. Then I notice that the middle candle's blue color didn't work anymore. I attempted to contact the manufacturer, but couldn't be sure I emailed the right place. So I bundle them up, ship them back to Amazon for a refund and write a 1 star review.

The seller contacts me a few days later. They're obviously chinese (last name + difficulty with the English language), but they're trying to set things right. They offer to send me a new set of candles completely for free if I'll change my review. I said I would update my review and I was very impressed with their response. After all, they could have just not responded at all.

Set #2 arrives. The middle candle is DOA. I had already updated my review, so I contacted them and told them that the middle candle was dead. They said they would check with their warehouse and get back to me. That was a week ago. I was set to go back to Amazon and change my review again when a box showed up at my door today.

Set #3. Wow!!! Amazing customer service!!! Except 2 of the 3 are DOA. What...the...hell? So I've emailed them yet again.

So do I one-star the product on Amazon because it keeps dying or do I five-star it for them trying to get me a working set even though they know I returned the original set for a refund?
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:06 PM   #12731
RainMaker
General Manager

Well I've made the switch to Comcast. As much as I hate them, RCN is just crap in Chicago and was costing me a fortune.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:40 PM   #12732
cartman
Death Herald

He even looks like Glass Joe.

Rockin’ Robin Deakin: Boxer vows to fight on – after 51st defeat in row | Metro News
Old 03-04-2014, 05:29 PM   #12733
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Food tastes better when you make it yourself.

That is all.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:30 PM   #12734
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Food tastes better when you make it yourself.

Obviously you've never had my cooking, 'cause I think most of it sucks.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 03-04-2014 at 05:30 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:33 PM   #12735
cuervo72
Head Coach

Well, you're a data point to support his axiom anyway.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:49 AM   #12736
Izulde
Head Coach

I've noticed as I've gotten older that I've developed a preference for spicier foods. Anybody else ever had this happen to them? It seems weird and probably has only occurred within the last 5 years.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 01:26 AM   #12737
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

In general I've had a lot of my tastes change - I was pretty picky even as late as my early to mid twenties, but now I'll eat just about anything. Cooked mushrooms, coconut and coffee being the only exceptions I've found.

That being said, I've loved spicy food ALWAYS, so I can't help you on that.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:37 AM   #12738
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I've noticed as I've gotten older that I've developed a preference for spicier foods. Anybody else ever had this happen to them? It seems weird and probably has only occurred within the last 5 years.

I've heard people like spicier foods as they get older because their taste buds loose some of their effectiveness, and spicy is way to overcome that. Maybe that's a myth?
Old 03-05-2014, 07:14 AM   #12739
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

There was a segment on NOVA that went over taste and taste buds and how tastes change to people as they get older and things you couldn't stand younger taste better to you as you get older. It was a great show, I know you can find it streaming on PBS, but here are some excerpts:

NOVA | Neuroscience of Taste

NOVA | Tour the Tongue

NOVA | The Science of Picky Eaters
Old 03-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #12740
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Just got the most off the wall email...

Quote:
Good morning Brian,

I am a Talent Acquisition Specialist with XXXXXXX. I came across your profile and resume, and was impressed. After reviewing your background, I thought you might know of someone whom you would recommend for a role we currently have!

XXXXXX is the world leader in the production and management of XXXXXXX and we have a dynamic and exciting opportunity for a XXXXXX to work out of XXXXXXX's Corporate office in Pittsburgh, PA.

(more random details about the company, etc)

If you know somebody who may be interested in this opportunity, please forward this to them, along with my contact information.

So my resume is "impressive"...and on a job search board...so logically, I'd know someone even more impressive and better qualified than me!
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:28 AM   #12741
Butter
Coordinator

They're hoping that somebody is you.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:42 AM   #12742
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

So my resume is "impressive"...and on a job search board...so logically, I'd know someone even more impressive and better qualified than me!

Maybe recommend yourself? It worked for Dick Cheney.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:50 AM   #12743
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
They're hoping that somebody is you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

I read it like 3 times to make sure I wasn't missing the part that said "are you, or possibly anybody you know, interested in a position..."

I could see if it came via LinkedIn, where my qualifications may have matched her search criteria, and it doesn't say I am specifically looking. But being this came through a job board, was just awkward.

Tempted to forward to myself...then reply to her from the forwarded email.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #12744
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #12745
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

This is the new hotness is recruiting.
1- Its a soft sell. People brush off recruiters frequently because "if it was that grat a job they wouldnt be randomly searching for candidates" but if you are infomed of it and not offered it has a psychological impact of oooh I want them to want me. At least thats what a recruiter friend told me.

2- Its a legal tactic as well. It protects from attempting to steal talent or from the talent getting litigious of they quit a job and dont get an offer. "We never approached your employee for a job, we asked them if they knew anyone else in the industry THEY VOLUNTEERED. Its a half step away from tampering.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:51 PM   #12746
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
This is the new hotness is recruiting.
1- Its a soft sell. People brush off recruiters frequently because "if it was that grat a job they wouldnt be randomly searching for candidates" but if you are infomed of it and not offered it has a psychological impact of oooh I want them to want me. At least thats what a recruiter friend told me.

2- Its a legal tactic as well. It protects from attempting to steal talent or from the talent getting litigious of they quit a job and dont get an offer. "We never approached your employee for a job, we asked them if they knew anyone else in the industry THEY VOLUNTEERED. Its a half step away from tampering.

What CU Tiger said. This is the new way they go about it.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 05:00 PM   #12747
sabotai
General Manager

Well, can't say I'm surprised that this comes from Japan....

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:24 PM   #12748
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

not going to lie, I liked that
Old 03-06-2014, 07:26 PM   #12749
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I made an appointment for a consultation with a dentist tomorrow morning. They offered to do an exam and an x-ray but I was too nervous for that, so I'll just talk to the dentist, see if they can help me/what they recommend.

/tk
Old 03-06-2014, 07:54 PM   #12750
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Well, can't say I'm surprised that this comes from Japan....

This is crazy. I simultaneously love and hate it.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote