Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-17-2014, 05:16 PM   #12451
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyHere View Post
I don't know how celebrities (or women in general) going nude to protest the fur industry helps their cause, but I'll enjoy it while I can.

I mean if we got rid of fur products, these women would stop going nude for their protests right? Therefore I have lots of incentives to go out and buy fur products.

I dunno. I really didn't enjoy Mellisa McCarthys anti anorexia campaign.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:16 PM   #12452
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

As controversial as Miley Cyrus was at the VMAs, I'm gonna be a little disappointed if members of the band Chicago don't twerk onstage with Robin Thicke at the Grammys.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:23 PM   #12453
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
As controversial as Miley Cyrus was at the VMAs, I'm gonna be a little disappointed if members of the band Chicago don't twerk onstage with Robin Thicke at the Grammys.

I think you'll be disappointed

Last edited by Lathum : 01-17-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:52 PM   #12454
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Fun bit with Amazon!

My first order was in 2001, a book called "Tang Soo Do" by Kang Uk Lee. Those were the days.

2001: 7
2002: 14
2003: 5
2004: 11
2005: 6
2006: 7
2007: 21
2008: 19
2009: 15
2010: 21
2011: 23
2012: 47
2013: 50
2014: 1 (so far, obviously)

So the interesting marks here are 2001-2004 I was in grad school. I spent *most* of 2005 unemployed/trying to recover from my ankle fusion/learn to walk again. 2006 I spent saving/paying off debt to my parents, so 2007 is the first year I had what I'd consider "expendable income." I got Prime in late 2011, which correlates well with the jump in 2012.

/tk

Last edited by terpkristin : 01-17-2014 at 08:57 PM. Reason: explained what i was talking about
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 08:55 PM   #12455
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
In slight freak out mode, results from the CT scan are in for my abdomen and Dr wanted to see me as soon as possible, I can't move my appointments for work tomorrow so I am unable to get in until Monday.

Obviously it's not immediate emergency, but it's something concerning to the doc that he wants me in this fast.

I hate that phase, when you're waiting for something "urgent but not critical" or however they phrase it.

A coworker had an aortic aneurism a few years back, landed in the ER the Tuesday or Wednesday before Thanksgiving. They told him they couldn't do surgery until after Thanksgiving for whatever reason, DISCHARGED HIM BACK HOME and told him to "stay relaxed, as stress could cause potential rupture to the aneurism." WTF. They'd have to put me in an induced coma, no WAY could I handle that. He is fine now, though.

/tk
Old 01-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #12456
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Same old story for adjuncts. Got caught in a numbers game of too many adjuncts and not enough sections to go around. They said they can *maybe* find a single section for me if somebody drops out, but the chances of that happening are slim and none.

So it's a case of try to find something in Vegas that will at least allow me to keep my apartment without eating all of my savings, catch a Hail Mary from somewhere else in the country, or move back in with my parents in Wisconsin, in a city where there's pretty much zero jobs to be found.

Yikes! Though reading on FB, something good may have come of it? That's definitely a rough deal. :\

/tk
Old 01-17-2014, 09:13 PM   #12457
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Fun bit with Amazon!

My first order was in 2001, a book called "Tang Soo Do" by Kang Uk Lee. Those were the days.

My first order was Nov 9th, 2000. "Gangsters" PC game.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #12458
stevew
Hall Of Famer

So do we really need to acknowledge that the version of Check Yo Self(or 1a. being R Kelly's Ignition) we're going to jam to is the remix? The non-Das EFX version of this track is a historical footnote.

Honorable mentions go out to arrested development for "Everyday People", the whole entire first Jewel CD and that Method Man/Mary J Blige "All I Need to Get By" song.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:04 PM   #12459
BYU 14
Coordinator

Just tried the Brooklyn crust pizza from Dominos, it is really quite good. I don't order pizza much, but I think this just brought me back to Dominos when I do.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 01-19-2014 at 04:04 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:49 PM   #12460
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ouch. My trip to Vegas ended on a negative note.

I picked up some kind of flu virus, was running a 101 or so fever the last day in Vegas, and it just got worse from there.

A) On the flight from Las Vegas to Dallas Fort Worth my right ear gets completely plugged and pressure pain.

B) I barely make my connecting flight, but I managed to stop at the newsstand and pick up Robitussin DM Gelcaps. (this was the big mistake).

C) Take the gelcaps with some water, and it helps, enough so that shortly after take off I sleep.

D) Did I say sleep, more accurately I was out like a light, so much so that I sleep through landing and next thing I know, four worried flight attendants are looking at me, seems that they've spent the last twenty minutes trying to get me A) Awake (a couple or so minutes) and B) Coherent (the rest of the time).

E) Needless to say, I was way out of it, coughing, shivering and basically the lights were on but no one was home. They decided to help me off the airplane, get me to a wheel chair, and take me to an ambulance (they managed to call my brother who was heading to Logan to pick me up and tell him they were taking me to the hospital

F) Basically, when I was at the hospital, they did the whole nine yards, chest x-ray, ultrasound on my leg, hooked me up to the IV.

G) While we were there, we found out that the Robitussin DM has a MAJOR drug interaction with the Citalopram. (Major means: Don't take both of these at the same time, the negative side effects far outweigh the benefits of taking both of these), and could be an exacerbating factor in my confusion (the virus is bad enough, mind you).

H) They discharge me at around 5 AM (about 4.5 hours since they took me to the ER), and send me home to rest, recharge (sleep, plenty of fluids, etcetera).. and added a note to not take both of those drugs at the same time. (well, duh)

Since then, I've basically slept the last 16 hours (waking up long enough to use the bathroom, and in one case, take medicine).

So, just a reminder.. make sure you remember what you're taking and CHECK for drug interactions before you take anything.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-19-2014 at 09:50 PM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:57 PM   #12461
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
D) Did I say sleep, more accurately I was out like a light, so much so that I sleep through landing and next thing I know, four worried flight attendants are looking at me, seems that they've spent the last twenty minutes trying to get me A) Awake (a couple or so minutes) and B) Coherent (the rest of the time).

Luckily for you that one guy recently got locked on a plane, so no way they were leaving without you awake...
Old 01-19-2014, 09:42 PM   #12462
Grover
Pro Starter

Stumbled across Fawlty Towers on Netflix. Just as funny now as the first time I saw it when I was 14.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 10:30 PM   #12463
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Feel for you on that drug interaction. I was on Citalopram very briefly. I didn't do well on it at all. I have trazadone and definitely have to make sure that is taken solo.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 11:58 PM   #12464
Izulde
Head Coach

Had a *very* amusing set of text exchanges with a mis-number last night/today.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #12465
BYU 14
Coordinator

Damn Foz, scary set of events, glad you are OK.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 01:32 PM   #12466
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. Still kinda out of it. done nothing but sleep ever since.. my body's way out of whack
Old 01-20-2014, 02:26 PM   #12467
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Thanks. Still kinda out of it. done nothing but sleep ever since.. my body's way out of whack

Yeah, that's super scary stuff there. The other thing that comes into play is the altitude in the airplane. The decreased o2 from being at about 8k feet in the plane means that all those side effects are much worse. It's possible that had you had the same interaction you wouldn't have had that harsh of a reaction, but the altitude just compounded everything to really kick you on your ass. Best health and be careful!

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 05:50 PM   #12468
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Yeah, have a hernia...have to have surgery to eliminate the pain I am having...when can I have it? I don't know...
Old 01-20-2014, 06:26 PM   #12469
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, have a hernia...have to have surgery to eliminate the pain I am having...when can I have it? I don't know...

What kind of hernia?

NobodyHere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:03 PM   #12470
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:

Not glad you have a hernia, but all things considered that's a pretty good diagnosis, no?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #12471
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Going to be blocking toll lanes on the day of the Super Bowl?

Heh, no blocking, but another B word was thrown around.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #12472
Suicane75
Coordinator

If I leave a bowl outside tomorrow, would it be safe to make sno cones with the snow I collect?
Old 01-20-2014, 07:06 PM   #12473
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Not glad you have a hernia, but all things considered that's a pretty good diagnosis, no?

Actually yes, I was on totally freak out mode today.

Quote:
What kind of hernia?

Inguinal, it's been pushing / pinching stuff and causing my abdominal pain.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:19 PM   #12474
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If I leave a bowl outside tomorrow, would it be safe to make sno cones with the snow I collect?

Most likely, at least according to research
Research shows snow ice cream is safe to eat - Farm and Dairy

I wouldn't recommend it if you live near Chernobyl or anything however.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:32 PM   #12475
Suicane75
Coordinator

Damn, I was just gonna make sno cones, but now I'm thinking about trying actual ice cream.
Old 01-20-2014, 07:52 PM   #12476
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Well that's no fun but glad that, all possibilities considered, it's something that can be fairly easily mitigated.

/tk
Old 01-21-2014, 10:54 AM   #12477
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Most likely, at least according to research
Research shows snow ice cream is safe to eat - Farm and Dairy

I wouldn't recommend it if you live near Chernobyl or anything however.

Yeah, or Jerse-- oh, wait

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:00 PM   #12478
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Inguinal, it's been pushing / pinching stuff and causing my abdominal pain.

One of my young, studly offensive linemen in the original incarnation of WOOF had this injury. He was able to overcome it and be inducted into the Hall of Fame. So there's a goal for ya.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 01:14 PM   #12479
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Yeah, or Jerse-- oh, wait

I can't tell you how pleased I am that someone spotted that opening & took it
Old 01-21-2014, 01:46 PM   #12480
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I can't tell you how pleased I am that someone spotted that opening & took it

Even an uncoordinated guy like me can sometimes hit a layup

SI

Old 01-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #12481
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Even an uncoordinated guy like me can sometimes hit a layup

Hmm ... is there a statute of limitations for shooting your way out of a slump?
Old 01-22-2014, 01:33 AM   #12482
Suicane75
Coordinator

Trust me, the thought crossed my mind the minute I saw what you had said.

The fact that I'm watching A grown Damon Wayans Jr. makes me feel super old.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:31 AM   #12483
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Ok, this is nervous making time for me.

The cough is driving me nuts. I can't take anything for it (all chest decongestants that my brother and I looked at had the same ingredient that tripped the adverse reaction before).. and I'm running a fever (101.4 right now).. but that's not the scary part.

The scary part is earlier this afternoon, I had another "confusion" episode.. not nearly as bad, just a bit of dizziness and losing track of what time it was (I asked my brother to put away the chinese food when it got delivered because I was going to bed.. he had to remind me that the food was already in the fridge, because it already had been delivered.. hours ago).

After lying down for an hour, I felt better and it hasn't reoccured since (which makes me hope it was just an aftereffect of the drug interaction), but between the fever, the cough and this, I'm officially worried.

edit: I should make it clear I don't htink anything is imminent, I feel ok right now other then a general malaise for the fever (having a lozenge and sitting upright seems to hold off the coughing).. and I'm hoping that the acetaminophen will reduce the fever... but just the whole catalog is worrying to me.

Last edited by SirFozzie : 01-22-2014 at 03:05 AM.
SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 08:27 AM   #12484
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

what is that big box of technical stuff at the bottom of every page?
Old 01-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #12485
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
what is that big box of technical stuff at the bottom of every page?

Oh hey- that's new. I wonder if it's related to the site being down for a bit yesterday morning

SI

Old 01-23-2014, 12:43 AM   #12486
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Aaaah 90's music nostalgia.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:01 AM   #12487
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My random thought when seeing the thread title tonight was "It's a good thing we don't have to post every random thought we have in there ... they'd have me committed for sure, if not put down like a mad dog"

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 01-23-2014 at 01:01 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:29 AM   #12488
Suicane75
Coordinator

You realize we can still read your thoughts in every other thread though right?
Old 01-23-2014, 10:07 AM   #12489
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
You realize we can still read your thoughts in every other thread though right?

Well yeah, I was thinking more about the stuff that isn't ever discussed here. Those remain at least somewhat obscured.
Old 01-23-2014, 02:31 PM   #12490
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Just read an article that made perfect sense. Justin Bieber is Corey Haim 2.0.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #12491
Suicane75
Coordinator

Oh god. Not 20 more years!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:43 PM   #12492
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I hope not. That would mean another 20 years of Bieber.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 04:10 PM   #12493
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

but who's is Bieber's Feldman?
Old 01-23-2014, 04:48 PM   #12494
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Lil' Za? Whomever that is.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 08:43 PM   #12495
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

@JonsThreeCents

Twitter may be at its most entertaining when there are multiple trainwrecks going on #RoyalRumble #Grammys
Old 01-26-2014, 09:03 PM   #12496
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Flipping through channels earlier - neither the Pro Bowl nor the Grammys are appealing options - I saw Finding Nemo and Die Hard 2...but on Telemundo and Univision.

If there's an SAP button to broadcast in Spanish, why no 'Murica button to broadcast in English?
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:05 PM   #12497
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
Flipping through channels earlier - neither the Pro Bowl nor the Grammys are appealing options - I saw Finding Nemo and Die Hard 2...but on Telemundo and Univision.

If there's an SAP button to broadcast in Spanish, why no 'Murica button to broadcast in English?

That'd be cool.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:28 PM   #12498
Grover
Pro Starter

This Miranda Lambert / Billy Joe Armstrong duet is all sorts of terrible.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:26 AM   #12499
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

hmm, just learned Ryan Lewis from Macklemore and Ryan Lewis is a Washington Alum
Old 01-27-2014, 01:39 PM   #12500
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Fuck this weather. I'm moving to Texas.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote