Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #1201
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Boneheaded play by Miles... BYU is going to be BYE-BYE pretty soon.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:18 PM   #1202
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Go KSU! 22-4 run and most of it was defense-triggered.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #1203
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
For the record, I'm in favor of legalizing marijuana. However, it should be noted that my main reason is to allow natural selection to take place at an accelerated pace.

Lets see... high = not so stress. Sober = A heart attack or stroke away from death. Pass the blunt homie!

Old 03-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #1204
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, KSU is looking more like themselves now. They're up 38-29 with under 2 to go. Kentucky may have finished their game off already. They're up 44-28 at the half.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:19 PM   #1205
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

On the women's side I see where #13 UTC had an 18 point halftime lead over #4 seed Okl State. That margin is down to 12 with still 18 minutes to go.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:20 PM   #1206
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Boneheaded play by Miles... BYU is going to be BYE-BYE pretty soon.

We are in meltdown mode right now...our three top inside guys with 3 fouls each, it's going to get ugly.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #1207
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Bummer.. Guess I can watch the Kentucky game.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:23 PM   #1208
the_meanstrosity
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The level of immaturity they display is a big warning sign for future behavior, regardless of whether they are rewarded with multi-million dollar contracts or never become professional players. These guys are a time bomb from a personal responsibility standpoint, especially Cousins with his aggressive behavior.

Not necessarily. I've seen a number of freshmen who act like imbeciles as freshmen and mature after a season or two. Obviously not everyone matures at the same rate, but I don't think either of those two are a lost cause.
the_meanstrosity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #1209
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Best news for BYU...........halftime finally arrived and they're only down 10.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #1210
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I don't think it's going to count, unfortunately.. that wouldhave been a little bit of a boost going into the lockerroom.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #1211
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Frank Martin is wound so tight. He looks like he should be a CEO almost moreso than a basketball coach.

SI

Old 03-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #1212
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
Not necessarily. I've seen a number of freshmen who act like imbeciles as freshmen and mature after a season or two. Obviously not everyone matures at the same rate, but I don't think either of those two are a lost cause.

There's a lot of psych professionals that would give you odds on that assessment in a hurry.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:25 PM   #1213
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Damn. What am I going to do for the rest of the night? I guess I can study for a test I've got on Monday.. first test in like 5 years.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #1214
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Damn. What am I going to do for the rest of the night? I guess I can study for a test I've got on Monday.. first test in like 5 years.

What's it in?

SI

Old 03-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #1215
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

You've got all day Sunday. Head over to Noop's and relax.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #1216
Swaggs
Coordinator

I can't believe anyone would root for Kentucky or a Calipari-coached team, outside of their own fans. After seeing the ESPN or CBS "fluff" piece on the freshmen and Calipari, that was on a little bit ago, I cannot think of a team I would rather not win it all (and that includes Pitt, Georgetown, Marquette, or Notre Dame).

Not to mention that, if they do win, there is probably a greater than 50% chance that their title will be vacated in the near future -- which pretty much renders the whole tournament useless.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #1217
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Not to mention that, if they do win, there is probably a greater than 50% chance that their title will be vacated in the near future -- which pretty much renders the whole tournament useless.

Memphis already paid for his sins. He's got another 2-3 years before he has to run to another job.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:31 PM   #1218
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

You think it's bad now, just wait until Cal manages to convince Wall that he should stick around another year & avoid taking the pay cut of the NBA.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:33 PM   #1219
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Coming from a Kentucky fan I doubt anyone will believe this, but Cousins has come a long way attitude-wise over the course of the season. At the beginning of this season I thought he would definitely do something stupid and cost us a game somewhere along the line. However, each game he's gotten better and better about not letting other teams get in his head (and virtually every team tries to... Tennessee going as far as taking nut-shots at him). He's still far from mature though. It's most evident from the free throw stripe: if he misses one or two he totally loses his composure and ends up shooting something like 3-13.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #1220
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6 View Post
Coming from a Kentucky fan I doubt anyone will believe this, but Cousins has come a long way attitude-wise over the course of the season. At the beginning of this season I thought he would definitely do something stupid and cost us a game somewhere along the line. However, each game he's gotten better and better about not letting other teams get in his head (and virtually every team tries to... Tennessee going as far as taking nut-shots at him). He's still far from mature though. It's most evident from the free throw stripe: if he misses one or two he totally loses his composure and ends up shooting something like 3-13.

I actually believe that. Mizzou was involved in his recruitment and I know how raw he was before. As you said though, he's still very raw even with improvement.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:35 PM   #1221
Blade6119
Coordinator

Fun fact about Mizzou, the Tigers are one of three teams — Syracuse and Marquette are the others — to return to the NCAA Tournament after losing three 1,000-point scorers last season.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:36 PM   #1222
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
(and virtually every team tries to... Tennessee going as far as taking nut-shots at him).

As was pointed out after that game, the shot was the culmination of dealing with what UK does (and typically gets away with) on every possession.

The only thing missing from the UK game with conference officials is them bringing 9 mm onto the floor with them, and pretty much everyone in the league expects that to be allowed if they happen to think of it.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:40 PM   #1223
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Woohoo, get to leave work now, hopefully I'll see the end of the last games. Thanks for the score updates, folks!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #1224
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, Jon it's the refs' fault Tennessee lost by 30 and that totally excuses hitting a dude in the nuts. Cousins gets pounded on every single game and all the other SEC fans just want to whine about how their team is getting screwed by the refs. At least, Tennessee fans didn't throw water bottles at them I guess.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:42 PM   #1225
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
What's it in?

SI

Property/Casualty, Credit Life insurance. I'm in consumer finance and we sell insurance products on our loans... since I am opening up a branch I have to be licensed now. Yipee!
Old 03-20-2010, 08:45 PM   #1226
Swaggs
Coordinator

Haha... I just saw a video of WVU's players watching the end of the Kansas game and they had much the same reaction that the folks in this thread had.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 08:49 PM   #1227
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

LOL.......I just realized why Northern Iowa had such a loud crowd. KSU was playing in the same session as KU. Was too busy taking care of my kids to notice that until now.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #1228
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, Jon it's the refs' fault Tennessee lost by 30 and that totally excuses hitting a dude in the nuts. Cousins gets pounded on every single game and all the other SEC fans just want to whine about how their team is getting screwed by the refs. At least, Tennessee fans didn't throw water bottles at them I guess.

In complete sincerity, I'm consistently amazed that SEC fans in 11 arenas haven't at the very least dragged basketball refs off the floor and tarred & feathered them. I'm almost as surprised someone hasn't at least tried to assasinate Calipari.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #1229
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Watching Kentucky just absolutely demolish Wake has me as a Badger fan kind of pumped(assuming the Badgers win tomorrow). Kentucky is going to be riding the high train going into the Sweet 16 game and may be in for a major letdown.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:50 PM   #1230
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
LOL.......I just realized why Northern Iowa had such a loud crowd. KSU was playing in the same session as KU. Was too busy taking care of my kids to notice that until now.

I hadn't even thought about that.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:53 PM   #1231
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
In complete sincerity, I'm consistently amazed that SEC fans in 11 arenas haven't at the very least dragged basketball refs off the floor and tarred & feathered them. I'm almost as surprised someone hasn't at least tried to assasinate Calipari.
Yeah, I guess SEC fans really just don't care about basketball if they aren't willing to kill an opposing coach. Way to perpetuate the football-only stereotype guys!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:09 PM   #1232
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

(To say nothing of the "tar and feather over sports" we're-from-the-south stereotype?)

SI

Old 03-20-2010, 09:10 PM   #1233
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

McFarland with another classic example of what Cousins has faced all year...
Old 03-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #1234
timmynausea
College Starter

You'd think that eventually BYU would guard the perimeter a bit.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #1235
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Yes, SEC fans need to show the country even more how empty their lives are.

Last edited by RainMaker : 03-20-2010 at 09:16 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:16 PM   #1236
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Yikes, I see Kentucky really widened the gap with Wake.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #1237
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Washington is very streaky. Romar is an above average coach, but his team has fire power from the guards
Huskies seem to have found themselves over the last 10+ games or so. It took them a while, but they seem to be playing like the team many thought they could be at the beginning of the season. There were some close to the program that thought this group had Final Four potential. That looked way overoptimistic midway through the Pac-10 season, but it's not quite as far-fetched now.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:20 PM   #1238
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

BYU really hasn't cut into that 10 point gap too much, but still a fun game to watch.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:23 PM   #1239
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
McFarland with another classic example of what Cousins has faced all year...

You have to expect this though right? You have a kid who looks like he's ready to explode at any minute, with the perception that you can take him off his game and get him scowling and worrying more about things that have nothing to do with the game, you're going to play him rough. Its up to Cousins to man up and show he's above it before it'd be reasonable not to beat the crap out of him.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 09:26 PM   #1240
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

BYU needed a stop there and instead KSU goes to the free throw line. 5 to go and BYU down 9.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:31 PM   #1241
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
You have to expect this though right? You have a kid who looks like he's ready to explode at any minute, with the perception that you can take him off his game and get him scowling and worrying more about things that have nothing to do with the game, you're going to play him rough. Its up to Cousins to man up and show he's above it before it'd be reasonable not to beat the crap out of him.
It's definitely expected by now, but it hasn't worked for anyone yet. Even in Kentucky's two losses Cousins still went for 27 points / 12 rebounds and 15 points / 14 rebounds.

I'm just saying it's ridiculous for opposing fans (and coaches, I think Rick Stansbury is still crying) to whine about refereeing when their team's gameplan revolves around hacking and taunting Cousins in the effort to make him blow his top.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:41 PM   #1242
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
(Big Fan movie poster)

I hadn't heard of this movie. I looked it up on Wikipedia and IMDB and it seemed like it might be pretty good so I added it to my Netflix queue.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:04 PM   #1243
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Damn, Washington is serious.

Yes we are, peaking at the right time.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:09 PM   #1244
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm just saying it's ridiculous for opposing fans (and coaches, I think Rick Stansbury is still crying) to whine about refereeing when their team's gameplan revolves around hacking and taunting Cousins in the effort to make him blow his top.

Oh I missed where you were going with that then. Yeah, totally agree!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:25 PM   #1245
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_meanstrosity View Post
I'm not excusing Wall or Cousins, but there are far worse things they could be doing than being immature at their age.

Exactly.

To many people expect these kids to act like pros. They are 18. I did a lot of stupid shit when I was 18.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:38 PM   #1246
sooner333
College Starter

WOW...the UNI-KU game was a pretty awesome game to be at. It was just so intense from possession to possession because you knew UNI had to play top-notch and you knew KU would come back. It was just great. Being on the line (mid-section) between the regular seats and the UNI section was great too. You could really see what it meant to their fans for them to win the game. I bet St. Louis is purple as can be next weekend.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #1247
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah, I guess SEC fans really just don't care about basketball if they aren't willing to kill an opposing coach. Way to perpetuate the football-only stereotype guys!

I was actually referring more to the hatred for UK & how I'm a little surprised it hasn't reached that point yet.

As for the worst officials in the history of officialdom, I'm genuinely
surprised that they haven't been dragged away never to be seen again on a fairly regular basis.
Old 03-21-2010, 12:10 AM   #1248
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Anyone know where the times for Thursdays games are listed?
Old 03-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #1249
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

NCAA.com has them all as TBA currently.

SI

Old 03-21-2010, 06:29 AM   #1250
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
For the record, I'm in favor of legalizing marijuana. However, it should be noted that my main reason is to allow natural selection to take place at an accelerated pace.

I never thought I would share a message board with the person who wrote the script for "Reefer Madness".

Booze causes more deaths in a single day than weed causes in 100 years.