Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #1201
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I am all for jailing Saldana but why me? I have told y'all everything I know, and it ain't much. Racer doesn't talk much, neither does Path. Why not them? Or Fouts? I revealed my role on day one, I am a mere singer . I heard shots that same night, but I was tired and went back to sleep. Other than that I cannot contribute much. I assure you I am a villager

Elect NTNDeacon

I know I have already quoted this once, but I thought of something. I believe there is information from my PM that hasn't been said. I assume the PMs that Alan T sent to LoneStarGirl and I were very similar. Hopefully, this will raise your trust in me LoneStarGirl. How well did you sleep on the night of the gunshots LoneStarGirl?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:20 PM   #1202
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

When is somebody going to start a duel? I have been waiting on bullet to start one for awhile. Does it have to be a night action?
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:22 PM   #1203
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I had a plesant night's sleep. I heard gunshots, i think, but went back to sleep shortly afterwards.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #1204
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Not much new info in there, but thanks for telling us. Thomkal was roleplaying a card dealer, and we know he was shot. The obvious suspects are anyone with a gun, which I would gather are half of the town.

Right. This is a part of the game that I don't think Alan was anticipating. With all of the early role reveals, telling the Mortician everyone's roles becomes pretty useless.

The fact that he got shot once in the head and once in the body could be a standard way of killing for someone. So, that could be useful, but I don't know how much.

I was really disappointed there weren't any deaths yesterday. I needed one or two to give me more information and make me more valuable, if that is even possible.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:28 PM   #1205
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I had a plesant night's sleep. I heard gunshots, i think, but went back to sleep shortly afterwards.

I am quite convinced you are a villager then. My sleep was for the most pleasant.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #1206
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Thirty minutes.

I am kind of looking forward to a killing too. I am sure there were will be a night kill but we need to make sure two people are jailed so we can lynch one tomorrow
Old 10-11-2006, 07:30 PM   #1207
Racer
College Benchwarmer

I meant to say that my sleep was for the most part pleasant.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:31 PM   #1208
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Well I am glad i am fnially vouched for. I knew it would hard to vouch for me and me vouch for somebody when i have nothing happening to me!
Old 10-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #1209
Swaggs
Coordinator

As I said earlier, I am fine with saldana staying as sheriff, but it sounds like he might not have time, so elect ntn

For me to be lynched, does it have to be a majority or can someone place a late vote and knock me off?
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #1210
spleen1015
Coordinator

Has to be majority.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #1211
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just about positive it is a majority. So it would have to be one heck of a rush ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:38 PM   #1212
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Gram, if you feel that you have to jail me to get me to reveal the information that is your choice - well, technically it will be ntndeacon's choice tonight. I don't think it is in our best interest for me to spill the mechanics right now, but I do like putting a little fear in the Cowboys with this info.

If I knew who was converted right now I would post asking someone to kill them outright in the streets rather than going through the lynch process. So, in that respect, I'm not holding out info that helps us.

I find your explaination highly suspicious. It appears that you made a mistake in the original post, then decided to correct it by saying you are involved in a mechanic that gave you this info, but it is important to keep quite about it. When at this point in the game, the only people that are likely to know are the cowboys. Unless it was your brother and you got to know something happened, in which case you would know who.

Suspicious, but then nobody else seems to care, so I'll leave it at that. The info is out, other townsfolk will hopefully not ignore this for too long.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #1213
Swaggs
Coordinator

By the way, I wouldn't mind sticking in jail tonight.

It seems like I could learn something, as I did last night.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #1214
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Racer, why did you bold the word relative in Hoops' rant post?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #1215
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Well I am glad i am fnially vouched for. I knew it would hard to vouch for me and me vouch for somebody when i have nothing happening to me!

I also finally looked back to see who was the first person to mention they heard gunshots during that particular night and it was Anxiety. You were the first person to mention that you went back to sleep shortly after hearing them (unless I missed a post). Hopefully, someone in the CoT can get some information on me so that both of us can be vouched for.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:43 PM   #1216
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
When is somebody going to start a duel? I have been waiting on bullet to start one for awhile. Does it have to be a night action?

Patience is the key to... bah who am i kidding! i want to blow someone away! the only reason im holding off is my instincts in these games suck. i always suspect to villagers, so im gunshy. although CR is looking nice
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #1217
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Racer, why did you bold the word relative in Hoops' rant post?

Unless I did it accidently, it was already bolded when I quoted him.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:47 PM   #1218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And i too was wondering what Barkeep has done to be in COT, is because he is Barkeep and he has played in a lot of WW games? IT seems us newbies keep getting picked on.

Barkeep's not in my COT but ntndeacon is and I think he's fairly new. I certianly haven't played much with him for sure.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:48 PM   #1219
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Also, newbs can still be dangerous. In Tyriths first game and my second, we won as the bad guys.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:49 PM   #1220
Fouts
College Starter

I'd pay to see a gunfight. As long as I'm not catching the bullets.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #1221
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
Patience is the key to... bah who am i kidding! i want to blow someone away! the only reason im holding off is my instincts in these games suck. i always suspect to villagers, so im gunshy. although CR is looking nice

This is where I would post a smiley with 2 pistols whose barrels both went limp, if I had it. Oh well.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #1222
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gram, if there was a mistake I have made here it was mentioning this at all initially. When the game is over, I would be very interested in talking with you about this point in the game and seeing how you would have played it differently.

This is a conversation I want to have at some point in the game, but not now. I think it is worth noting - today - that there are N+1 Cowboys in the game. This is intended to give our collective group more information to work with as they look for patterns in the game.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:56 PM   #1223
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Gram, if there was a mistake I have made here it was mentioning this at all initially. When the game is over, I would be very interested in talking with you about this point in the game and seeing how you would have played it differently.

This is a conversation I want to have at some point in the game, but not now. I think it is worth noting - today - that there are N+1 Cowboys in the game. This is intended to give our collective group more information to work with as they look for patterns in the game.

What I don't understand is how would the cowboys go about converting someone? Why would they forego a kill to take a chance that somebody had the vice they choose to convert with?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:57 PM   #1224
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm not as excited about a gunfight, particularly since I don't have a gun.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:00 PM   #1225
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The day passes somewhat more uneventful than yesterday's day. Much of the town appears to be rather disenchanted with the local sheriff and his ability to bring the cowboys to justice. Finally around midday a group of people start making a push for the replacement of the Sheriff. People cry for someone who will get the job done right. After much deliberation, the majority of the town agree on Ntndeacon as the new sheriff. Towards the end of the day Saldana chimes in,"All I did was what you all asked me to do!" Saldana simply drops the tin star on the steps of the town hall and walks away. There is now a new sheriff in town.

Election votes: (11 votes needed for new sheriff)

(17) Ntndeacon - St.cronin (1030), Anxiety (1053), Racer (1055), Ntndeacon (1060), hoopsguy (1064), Ntndeacon (1102), Goldeneagle (1104), Spleen (1108), Sndvls (1118), Glengoyne (1121), Bulletsponge (1124), Fouts (1135), Lathum (1155), Barkeep (1157), Saldana (1163), Lonestargirl (1188), Swaggs (1209)
(1) Swaggs - Grammaticus (1090)

Lynch votes: (11 votes needed for lynch)

(0) Swaggs -

We are now in Night 3. Deadline for all PMs will be 9:00am EST Thursday morning

Last edited by Alan T : 10-11-2006 at 08:00 PM.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:14 PM   #1226
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

he didnt put anybody in jail, or is that a night action....
Old 10-11-2006, 08:18 PM   #1227
Barkeep49
Coordinator

That's a night action.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #1228
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
Also, newbs can still be dangerous. In Tyriths first game and my second, we won as the bad guys.

I kind of fouled up the "He acts like he's trying to do the right thing" act for everyone after me, it was fun
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #1229
hoopsguy
General Manager

So was everyone else watching "Lost"?
Old 10-11-2006, 09:04 PM   #1230
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

bullet - for what it's worth, I had you pegged as a good guy from day 1 so I think we're finally on the same side (and why I haven't done my usual vote for you when I don't have anything to go on)
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #1231
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
You haven't missed anything. I just wanted you to ask for it.

Thomkal was shot twice, once in the head and once in the body. He was very, very dead. I found a deck of cards and a set of poker chips on his body. That's all I know.

Ouch and Ouch.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:16 PM   #1232
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Never seen it. Was watching that new show Jerico. Reminds me of a board game I played when younger called fortress america.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:23 PM   #1233
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I am glad we got the right person in th sheriff role. My suggestion is we jail saldana and Cheif Rum. I am eagerly looking forward to CR's statement. I will always be cautious of saldana. I am not sure if he is a cowboy, but there is something not right with him.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:30 PM   #1234
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

Lost isn't on yet here on the left coast...just eating dinner.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 09:36 PM   #1235
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Yeah, I was watching lost. I think that new chick on this week was Trixie from Deadwood.....probably a comment for a different thread.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:38 PM   #1236
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Yeah, I was watching lost. I think that new chick on this week was Trixie from Deadwood.....probably a comment for a different thread.

This is the kind of post that should actually be counted.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:40 PM   #1237
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Has anyone tracked the Jail suggestions?

NTN, have you any thoughts on who you want to jail.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:46 PM   #1238
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Okay, so I've skimmed over almost everyone's posts individually. Path12 and Fouts haven't really posted anything substantial, but that doesn't neccessarily make them Cowboys. After reading all of St. Cronin's posts at once and then doing the same with all of Glengoyne's posts, I get the sense they may be Cowboys. I am not sure what to think of Hoopsguy based on him saying someone was converted last night without providing evidence. Obviously, I was wrong about Splene. I got a villager vibe from Grammaticus and I think SnDvls is probably a villager as well but I wouldn't say I trust him at this point. So ntndeacon, my opinion I think you should jail the following people tonight:

Jail St. Cronin
Jail Glengoyne

That is my two cents and take it for what it's worth given that I was probably wrong about Splene.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:47 PM   #1239
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

gee thanks I still have 15 mins before I get to have this spoiled for me now
Old 10-11-2006, 09:54 PM   #1240
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
gee thanks I still have 15 mins before I get to have this spoiled for me now

Sorry, I didn't think it spoiled anything. I was going to say more, but held back so as not to ruin anything. You just know there will be a new person on this week, no biggie. Enjoy the show.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:00 PM   #1241
Barkeep49
Coordinator

It is things like this that worry me the most. I have decided that Lost works best in sustained concentrated viewings and so I am going to only netflix the show. This means that I need to avoid a year's worth of lost spoilers. It is random off hand comments, such as this could have been, that concern me the most. When I'm reading a WW thread I'm not worried that suddenly I am going to read something that I don't want to. This didn't really tell me anything of interest, but I worry, I really do.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 10:03 PM   #1242
Fouts
College Starter

Ghost Hunters season premiere right now (west coast). Guess where? You got it... TOMBSTONE!!
Old 10-11-2006, 10:40 PM   #1243
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
My evidence is the fact that you guys are attacking me when the guys who are proven to be good guys are not.

Everyone gets questioned in WW. It's a major part of the game. But there's a difference between getting grilled and an attack. I'm a villager with no real value role-wise, so all I can do is aggressively try to sniff out people.

And I'll echo Fouts in that it was pretty clear after our exchange last night what you were. You'll notice nothings been said today.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:54 PM   #1244
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Everyone

And I'll echo Fouts in that it was pretty clear after our exchange last night what you were. You'll notice nothings been said today.

Did I miss something, what happened between you and fouts?
Old 10-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #1245
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

dola,

You meant your exchange with Spleen, okay I see.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:56 PM   #1246
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Did I miss something, what happened between you and fouts?

I meant the exchange yesterday between Spleen and myself. Fouts was in it too, it was about the whole "no role" thing.
Old 10-11-2006, 11:25 PM   #1247
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Sorry, I didn't think it spoiled anything. I was going to say more, but held back so as not to ruin anything. You just know there will be a new person on this week, no biggie. Enjoy the show.

sorry back to you, I probally over reacted. It was mostly that I had just said it wasn't on yet and you posted that. seems it wasn't that big of a deal. sorry again.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:25 AM   #1248
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, I'm out for the night. I gotta make a run to Nashville to pick up some furniture tomorrow. I will likely leave prior to the morning results and be out of pocket most of the day. I hope to be back prior to the vote deadline.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:28 AM   #1249
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
... So ntndeacon, my opinion I think you should jail the following people tonight:

Jail St. Cronin
Jail Glengoyne

That is my two cents and take it for what it's worth given that I was probably wrong about Splene.

Fair enough, I mentioned you as fodder for jail. My suspicion is simply based on the fact that I've read some of your posts, and thought "What?". It is just that I think your posts have piqued my sense of imbalance more than others. I'll go back and look at it, but that is how I recall my readings. You aren't the only one in that camp. In fact, St. Cronin has had the occasional blip on my radar as well, although on the whole, he has held similar positions to my own.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:42 AM   #1250
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Looks like I have some explaining to do, but I knew that was a risk last night.

I won't come right out and say what my role is, but I have certain attributes that make me a bit more influential to certain members of the populace (you all might guess who I am). I took a guess that saldana might be one such person, and I think I guessed right--but the dice didn't go my way, and my action was fouled.

What I was trying to do was find out some information, specifically what saldana's role and allegiance were. I was left with a bit of distrust over the debate between GE and saldana. I am just as suspicious of GE as saldana, but GE was in the pokey, and so unavailable to me. I decided that if saldana was up to no good, it would make sense to verify he was a townsperson and what kind of abilities he may have. Sheriffs have a lot of power, and I thought it was important to confirm saldana was good.

Basically, I can use my talents to get certain information, similar to a seer, I suppose, but it is very limited. It only works on certain people with a certain vice, and even then, it doesn't seem to have all that high of a rate of success. Saldana is the only person I tried this on (note, I am not tired, nor will I be taking any actions tonight).

I am sure all of this seems suspicious to you, but if there is a true seer out there, I strongly encourage them to meet with me. While I may represent a less than upright sort of townsperson, I am indeed very much a townsperson, and am trying to use my skills to reveal and lynch the cowboys. This role is also why I actively said I did not want to be sheriff. I don't think this role works well with that.

I won't be around in the day, but I will be back before deadline Thursday evening. Hopefully it won't be to attend my own lynching. If you do lynch me (assuming ntn puts me in jail), you will be lynching a villager with some talents that could prove useful.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote