Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #1201
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
lol, if you are a villager wanting to catch wolves there is no way you can say that

Republican or Democrat, dork :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #1202
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
First time for everything, buddy. And you do seem pretty flustered, wolf or not.

There are other concerns for me, right now, too. I don't want to lynch Mrs. S because it will give someone three districts. EagleFan has some of that same potential, as his district could fall to PF. Leaving us with...what? KWhit? Same problem.

Now, if someone can give me something harder I will go ahead and vote in one of these directions. However, I feel that it's important to see a debate through, because inconclusive issues don't give information, one way or another. If you get lynched and turn up good, I'm probably dead. I might just have to accept that risk. What's the next best alternative?

if you want to hang your vote on what you perceive as a fruedian slip go ahead and vote me.

I would rather cast my vote behind some logical reasoning and a huge mathmatical advantage, but hey, I'm whacky like that.

Also, I am not flustered, you have played enough games with me to know I will defend myself venomously
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:20 PM   #1203
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
if you want to hang your vote on what you perceive as a fruedian slip go ahead and vote me.

I would rather cast my vote behind some logical reasoning and a huge mathmatical advantage, but hey, I'm whacky like that.

Also, I am not flustered, you have played enough games with me to know I will defend myself venomously

Your huge mathematical advantage is largely ethereal and based off a pair of assumptions that are far from locks. And I've already reasoned through yesterday, which you conveniently forgot, and are now basing your defense off similar things that you would accuse me of.

And heck, if you're good, what does it cost us - one representative that isn't power right now and may or may not get re-elected? It's lower risk, lower reward, but at least it's conclusive, as opposed to some apathetic vote where we slowly, painfully bandwagon a random person that, if they come up good, will teach us little.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #1204
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Can we even vote for out of office Congress members? Wouldn't make much sense...
Old 07-24-2008, 02:26 PM   #1205
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I mean I understand they are in the game still, but we couldn't "censure" someone not even in office, heh.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #1206
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

And heck, if you're good, what does it cost us - one representative that isn't power right now and may or may not get re-elected? It's lower risk, lower reward, but at least it's conclusive, as opposed to some apathetic vote where we slowly, painfully bandwagon a random person that, if they come up good, will teach us little.

you mean like the bandwagon you are trying to start on a random person?
Old 07-24-2008, 02:29 PM   #1207
Tyrith
College Starter

Valid question. It doesn't seem so in the rules, but in the rules out of Congress players can't vote for wolves, either...darnit, someone needs to ask.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #1208
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Right, because Chubby and I got together and concocted this story somehow?

unless we are both wolves the rest of our party would be aware of it.

you are blatently ignoring this question Tyrith?

why is that?
Old 07-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #1209
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Valid question. It doesn't seem so in the rules, but in the rules out of Congress players can't vote for wolves, either...darnit, someone needs to ask.

CR changed that rule, out of congress can still vote for wolves
Old 07-24-2008, 02:30 PM   #1210
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
you mean like the bandwagon you are trying to start on a random person?

Because I'm really encouraging everyone else in the game to follow suit right now. If you haven't noticed, I haven't even voted for you yet, and have repeatedly stated that I'd be open to other options.

Although the time on the other options is running short -- if I find out I can vote for you for sure, you're done. You'd have been better off letting sleeping dogs lie.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:31 PM   #1211
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

got home from work early, catching up
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:33 PM   #1212
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

if I find out I can vote for you for sure, you're done.

that is awefully presumptious.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:35 PM   #1213
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
that is awefully presumptious.

Yeah, and I misspoke -- because I'm not even going to really encourage anyone to vote for you, although I have said in the Republican thread I think that we should lynch you. And I still do.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:37 PM   #1214
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Yeah, and I misspoke -- because I'm not even going to really encourage anyone to vote for you, although I have said in the Republican thread I think that we should lynch you. And I still do.

and why is that?

because you are a wolf and you know I am good so you don't want to lose popularity?
Old 07-24-2008, 02:42 PM   #1215
Tyrith
College Starter

You know, you're going to attack absolutely anything I do right now, regardless. It's too late for me to back off -- you'll just swing that around to making me wishy-washy. So forget it.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:48 PM   #1216
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You know, you're going to attack absolutely anything I do right now, regardless. It's too late for me to back off -- you'll just swing that around to making me wishy-washy. So forget it.

don't even try that crap.

you jumped all over something I said calling it a fruedian slip, then it got no support so you backed off, you started this shit, not me so your darn right I am going to attack everything you say.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:50 PM   #1217
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
don't even try that crap.

you jumped all over something I said calling it a fruedian slip, then it got no support so you backed off, you started this shit, not me so your darn right I am going to attack everything you say.

Because no one else ever would have pointed out what you said. Right. And if you haven't noticed, there aren't exactly a lot of people talking -- the Rep thread is dead as a doornail, which is really obnoxious.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #1218
mccollins
College Prospect

Speaking of, are you all going to submit a bill today?

I think CR should be back to review ours in about an hour.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 02:52 PM   #1219
Tyrith
College Starter

Republican bill will come sometime between 4 and 5 CST, likely, unless heinz does something earlier, which I would not mind. Out until then.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:05 PM   #1220
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

VOTE CENSURE TYRITH

This is has nothing to do with the whole Lathum/Tyrith debate, it just seems to me that something isn't right with Ty and we need to get some votes out there. No one on the dem side is currently pinging my radar as high as Ty is.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:10 PM   #1221
chesapeake
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Initially, it was my intention to say no, no voting for any voted out Congressmen, as part of the price for losing your spot in Congress.

But I am going back on that. The three ousted Congressmen (Lathum, Chubby and henry296) can all still vote in Wolf Votes, still be lynched, still be night-killed and still hold WW roles established by Congress.

It just didn't make sense to me to have you guys sit around for two days waiting to be re-elected.

You are still banned, however, from voting on bills on the floor, holding any political office (Leader, Liaison, Speaker) or voting on any other matters on the floor. You are still free to participate in your party threads and are still not allowed to enter the other party's thread.

This, again, pertains to Lathum, Chubby and henry296.

Clarification, FWIW, on what ousted members can and can't do, as well as what can/can't be done to them.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #1222
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was told in a PM it was him, same way we know St.Cronin also sabatouged henry or chubby, cant remember now

Cronin sabotaged me, I was told in my PM. I would have coasted in my election if not for that.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:14 PM   #1223
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Oh they CAN be lynched. Alright then...
Old 07-24-2008, 03:15 PM   #1224
RendeR
Coordinator

Lathum: Chill out, take a paxil and calm thehell down, you won't win anyone's support acting the way you are now.

MCcollins: I'm really not thrilled with the way you argued about the 3 members getting support for re-election. I can't say you said anything wrong, but your whole PoV was completely from left field and you accused others of saying tihngs they simply did not say. I'll be watching you closely.

After reading 6 pages of shit, most of which is re-re-re-re-re-hashing teh same information and bitching about partisan politics (ad nauseum) I find myself fed up with the lot of you. No real momentum has been built towards anything remotely considered useful.

Lets stop bitching at one another and DO OUR JOBS.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:17 PM   #1225
RendeR
Coordinator

CHUBBY and LATHUM: We as a party did NOT decide on any sort of sabotage of the two of you, we were as shocked as you that you both lost your seats.

happy, sure, but shocked. If in fact Cronin and Clap did sometihng specific against you it was ENTIRELY on their own, we had no knoledge of it. We specifically ordered our support/slush against others. You guys never crossed our minds.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:20 PM   #1226
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
MCcollins: I'm really not thrilled with the way you argued about the 3 members getting support for re-election.

Huh? Can you give me a post / page number?
Old 07-24-2008, 03:22 PM   #1227
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
CHUBBY and LATHUM: We as a party did NOT decide on any sort of sabotage of the two of you, we were as shocked as you that you both lost your seats.

happy, sure, but shocked. If in fact Cronin and Clap did sometihng specific against you it was ENTIRELY on their own, we had no knoledge of it. We specifically ordered our support/slush against others. You guys never crossed our minds.

I haven't accused the party of sanctioning it. I'm merely stating what I know to be true in that cronin did sabotage my election.

In fact, him doing so has allowed me to trust certain people more now. Nothing 100% but I certainly moved them way down my list of suspected wolves.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:26 PM   #1228
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Huh? Can you give me a post / page number?

basically you argued that not supporting them is as good as lynching 3 villagers, when you don;t know if they're good/bad/otherwise. I think it got setteld out later, but the tone of your posts really bothered me at the time.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:27 PM   #1229
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
I haven't accused the party of sanctioning it. I'm merely stating what I know to be true in that cronin did sabotage my election.

In fact, him doing so has allowed me to trust certain people more now. Nothing 100% but I certainly moved them way down my list of suspected wolves.

Understood, I was merely trying to reassure you both that we were not in fact doing aything to you as a group, it was purely individuals at work there.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #1230
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Understood, I was merely trying to reassure you both that we were not in fact doing aything to you as a group, it was purely individuals at work there.

I'm not going to say I'm not pissed about it cause I am

But I am reserving judgement on the party's responsibility for now. I mean, of course you're going to say the party didn't know but that also doesn't mean it's not true.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:31 PM   #1231
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
basically you argued that not supporting them is as good as lynching 3 villagers, when you don;t know if they're good/bad/otherwise. I think it got setteld out later, but the tone of your posts really bothered me at the time.

My point, which I still believe, is that if the GOP has no real reason to believe Henry / Chubby / Lathum are wolves then the GOP shouldn't want to see them lose their re-elections because the 'village' would lose 3 more people in addition to the normal lynch / nighkill.

Now, that being said, if anyone has reason to believe they are wolves, that's a different story and I could see why you'd want to hinder them from getting re-elected.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #1232
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Chubby,

I may be missing something. Why did cronin doing that make you trust other people more? He was not a wolf right? I am probably missing something obvious but I would think that it would help shed more light on others if he was actually a wolf.

Just want to make sure I am not missing something as I have to read through this very quickly during work hours.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:32 PM   #1233
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
My point, which I still believe, is that if the GOP has no real reason to believe Henry / Chubby / Lathum are wolves then the GOP shouldn't want to see them lose their re-elections because the 'village' would lose 3 more people in addition to the normal lynch / nighkill.

Now, that being said, if anyone has reason to believe they are wolves, that's a different story and I could see why you'd want to hinder them from getting re-elected.

Indeed, I gathered this was your position later in the discussion, as I said it was the tone at the time and the way things came across that rubbed me wrong. It felt very "you gotta do this or else"-ish and that always sets off my radar.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:34 PM   #1234
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Chubby,

I may be missing something. Why did cronin doing that make you trust other people more? He was not a wolf right? I am probably missing something obvious but I would think that it would help shed more light on others if he was actually a wolf.

Just want to make sure I am not missing something as I have to read through this very quickly during work hours.

post 746 in the Dem thread has the answers you seek.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:37 PM   #1235
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

k, thx

lol, that's twice now that I almost clicked on the Rep thread. It's NEVER at the top of the thread list...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 03:38 PM   #1236
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Indeed, I gathered this was your position later in the discussion, as I said it was the tone at the time and the way things came across that rubbed me wrong. It felt very "you gotta do this or else"-ish and that always sets off my radar.

Indeed, I hate 'my way or the highway' crap in WW. I didn't mean to come across that way - just trying not to lose 3 Dem congressmen tomorrow night if they're not really suspected of being wolves!
Old 07-24-2008, 03:43 PM   #1237
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Vote Render for Speaker of the House

Vote Lathum for Wolf
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #1238
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Here's our bill

The Investigative De-limitation Act (IDA)
Put Forth By: RendeR and PurdueBrad

IN as much as Congress must meet out the Wolf party threat, and such threats as will be brought about by the members of that party. it is hereby Legislated that no member of Congress shall be exempt from investigation, Study, or Seer Scanning for any reason.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:06 PM   #1239
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

VOTE PASS INVESTIGATIVE DE-LIMITATION ACT
Old 07-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #1240
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

AS OF POST 1237:

Speaker:
4 PackerFan: Chespeake (1133), McCollins (1138), EagleFan (1165), PackerFanatic (1168)
3 PurdueBrad: Tyrith (1076), Pass (1078), PurdueBrad (1097),
1 Render: Jeheinz72 (1237)

Wolf:
2 Mrs. Schmidty
: Pass (1146), Kwhit (1147)
1 PurdueBrad: EagleFan (1123)
1 Jeheinz72: Lathum (1187)
1 Tyrith: PackerFanatic (1220)
1 Lathum: Jeheinz72(1237)
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:07 PM   #1241
RendeR
Coordinator

I...well...I am flattered by the nomination and vote from my Esteemed colleague from the 9th and 10th districts. If elected to such a position I will serve with honor and humility to better preserve our great nation and its way of life.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #1242
KWhit
Coordinator

Help me out with what you're going for with that bill.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:09 PM   #1243
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post

Anti-cunning
Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #1244
KWhit
Coordinator

And our bill is coming in just a sec as well...
Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #1245
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Schmidty View Post
AS OF POST 1237:

Speaker:
4 PackerFan: Chespeake (1133), McCollins (1138), EagleFan (1165), PackerFanatic (1168)
3 PurdueBrad: Tyrith (1076), Pass (1078), PurdueBrad (1097),
1 Render: Jeheinz72 (1237)

Wolf:
2 Mrs. Schmidty: Pass (1146), Kwhit (1147)
1 PurdueBrad: EagleFan (1123)
1 Jeheinz72: Lathum (1187)
1 Tyrith: PackerFanatic (1220)
1 Lathum: Jeheinz72(1237)

FYI, a number of us have votes that count for 2 (not for wolf votes though)
Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #1246
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Anti-cunning

Okay. That's what I thought. Did you run it by CR?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:10 PM   #1247
RendeR
Coordinator

I'm curious, is the Vote for Speaker of the House a Majority (10+ votes wins) or simply the highest vote getter? What happens if it IS a Majority only vote and no one reaches the 10+ votes needed?
Old 07-24-2008, 04:11 PM   #1248
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Simply that no one shall be impervious to the investigations of Congress. We SHALL be held accountable for our actions and our political Affiliatoins, no matter the party, no matter the role within that party.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:12 PM   #1249
Mrs. Schmidty
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
FYI, a number of us have votes that count for 2 (not for wolf votes though)

ahh good point - I'll look it over again and fix it in a minute
Mrs. Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:13 PM   #1250
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Okay. That's what I thought. Did you run it by CR?

No, the Repubs didn't really have much man power today I'm afraid.