Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #1201
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

cool tidbit of news following a come from behind win:
Quote:
Gougeon inspires Hatters

Luton Town captain José-Karl Pierre-Fanfan has heaped praise upon manager Steve Gougeon after their team's 3 - 2 win over Huddersfield Town.

Pierre-Fanfan claimed that it was Gougeon's words at half-time that inspired the team to overturn the deficit and emerge victorious at the final whistle.

We were indeed down 0-1 at the half after a fluke goal in the 30th minute. pregame talk was "you can win this" and halftime talk was simply "sympathise with the team". My star forward got on fire and scored a hattrick with goals in the 78th, 79th and 90th minute. I got nervous when they scored right after his last goal to make it 3-2, but we held on...

Pierre-Fanfan was named captain only this season and it looked like it made the best of impression when I named him. Something like 7 or 8 of my starters saw huge boost in morale after that nomination and we've been having a much better season this year than last year...

FM
Old 01-04-2008, 01:26 PM   #1202
path12
Coordinator

Jose'-Karl Pierre-Fanfan is one of the best names I've ever seen.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #1203
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok ive encounted a problem. i just took over a german 3rd division team at the start of a new season. but once the season starts all my players are inelidgable to play for them, all of them. it says none of them are registered, but ive never been given a chance to register anyone for a competition
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM   #1204
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
ok ive encounted a problem. i just took over a german 3rd division team at the start of a new season. but once the season starts all my players are inelidgable to play for them, all of them. it says none of them are registered, but ive never been given a chance to register anyone for a competition

Trying simming thru the one day
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #1205
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Trying simming thru the one day

im over 12 seasons into the game, and ive been at the german club for a month, this just happened once the first league game was about to be played
Old 01-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #1206
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
im over 12 seasons into the game, and ive been at the german club for a month, this just happened once the first league game was about to be played

still...try. Odds are the computer will automatically fix it. I once upon a time had to do the same thing (don't remember when).

speaking of that, it's time I put the CD into the drive for the weekend-binge.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #1207
Rockman
n00b

Honestly I bought the game the second it was available on Amazon. I dont know what it is about 2008 but I havn't been able to get into it. I played the past 3 years of the game to death but just not this year. I think I just need a break.....hence my FOF addiction has taken over.
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 11:46 PM   #1208
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
still...try. Odds are the computer will automatically fix it. I once upon a time had to do the same thing (don't remember when).

speaking of that, it's time I put the CD into the drive for the weekend-binge.

ok ill give it a try. the problem was i was on match day and i had to pick my team and they only allowed mr to select a bunch of greys, none of my guys under contract. odd thing was i played the german cup game a few game days before and had no problem
Old 01-04-2008, 11:56 PM   #1209
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ok, this is annoying....I dislike the "*player A* is returning to the field for the first time, how do you feel about it" I look at when he played for my team, 15 seasons ago when he was 16 and 17...
Old 01-05-2008, 02:19 AM   #1210
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ok, this is annoying....I dislike the "*player A* is returning to the field for the first time, how do you feel about it" I look at when he played for my team, 15 seasons ago when he was 16 and 17...

lol...classic
Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #1211
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

It looks as though the game has the Dutch league's, AZ, down to a team. They have been notorious for cracking under pressure in the real world and they're doing it again in FM. Last season, as Ajax, we were down five points in the table to AZ with two games to go so all they need is a win in one of those games to clinch the title. They lose in the first of those games against Feyenoord, a game they might not necessarily be expected to win. We win against Roda JC. So AZ have the last game against at home against 16th place NAC Breda and they're up two points on us. Sure enough, we win and AZ fold again.

This season, the same thing is happening. With nine games to go, AZ were up 10 points on us and leading the table. Four games later and we've taken all 12 points without AZ taking one. So we are up two on them with five games left. I would love to read the comment under their fan confidence meter. "The fans are concerned that the team is choking away the title again."
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #1212
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
ok ill give it a try. the problem was i was on match day and i had to pick my team and they only allowed mr to select a bunch of greys, none of my guys under contract. odd thing was i played the german cup game a few game days before and had no problem

ok discovered my problem. theres a little button at the bottom right side of the screen that lets you give # to players, and the players need a # to register. unlike in the english league where if you have a player without a # they automatically make you give him a number.

now i have to find 3 damn germans under 21 to play each game, i only have 3 on my first team >

Last edited by bulletsponge : 01-05-2008 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:38 PM   #1213
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

These clowns better NOT let my contract expire after everything I've done.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:43 PM   #1214
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

How long are there training facility upgrades supposed to take?

I got mine approved by the board at the end of August/begining of September. They said I would get a message in a few months when the upgrade is done. To me, a few means 3. I am in January now and nothing.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:29 PM   #1215
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Training facilities take awhile. I forget how long, but it did seem like quite awhile (definately longer than 3 months).
Old 01-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #1216
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

major calendar error

the 2015 European Super Cup conflicts with a European Championships Qualifying match.

it's inconcievable to me that the European Super Cup wouldn't be moved.

And now as a result of that I'm going to lose the European Super Cup and piss my board off, since I have 4!! first team players who didn't get called up by their countries for the match (not even 4 starters. Just 4 players who aren't "reserves" or "u20")

LOL....and for all my bitching I won 4-3 on PK's

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 01-05-2008 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #1217
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
major calendar error

the 2015 European Super Cup conflicts with a European Championships Qualifying match.

it's inconcievable to me that the European Super Cup wouldn't be moved.

And now as a result of that I'm going to lose the European Super Cup and piss my board off, since I have 4!! first team players who didn't get called up by their countries for the match (not even 4 starters. Just 4 players who aren't "reserves" or "u20"

Ouch. That is bad. And to think I have league matches moved all the time because I have two players called up for U21 matches and 1 of those guys only plays part of the time.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #1218
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Ouch. That is bad. And to think I have league matches moved all the time because I have two players called up for U21 matches and 1 of those guys only plays part of the time.

yeah. Just got lucky that my guys who were south american didn't have a fixture, so I still had Lucas, and Leo Messi, and my 23 y/o Spanish GK (somehow!) isn't the first choice for Spain, so I had a decent core there.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:32 PM   #1219
samifan24
Pro Starter

The following sounds like another calendar error. Can anyone confirm?

To make a long story short, I had six of my players named to a friendly "all-star" type game and thus are ineligible for that day's league game and I have no way to remove them from the friendly squad. Has anyone lost players to a friendly squad during a competition season? Is this just a bug or do teams deal with this in real life outside of international squad recalls?

Last edited by samifan24 : 01-05-2008 at 09:34 PM.
samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #1220
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
The following sounds like another calendar error. Can anyone confirm?

To make a long story short, I had six of my players named to a friendly "all-star" type game and thus are ineligible for that day's league game and I have no way to remove them from the friendly squad. Has anyone lost players to a friendly squad during a competition season? Is this just a bug or do teams deal with this in real life outside of international squad recalls?

is it in the MLS? nothing suprises me with thier real life schedualing
Old 01-06-2008, 01:36 AM   #1221
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Damnit - my Solihull Moors just got relegated from Conf. Premier (by 1 point). I'm still not sure if I'm gonig to get fired, but even if I don't it'll be hard to continue playing the game back down in Conf. North.

Code:
| Pos | Inf | Team | | Pld | Won | Drn | Lst | For | Ag | G.D. | Pts | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 1st | C | Hereford | | 46 | 28 | 11 | 7 | 93 | 41 | +52 | 95 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 2nd | Pl | Dag & Red | | 46 | 25 | 13 | 8 | 77 | 44 | +33 | 88 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 3rd | Pl | Dorchester | | 46 | 24 | 11 | 11 | 86 | 57 | +29 | 83 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 4th | Pl | Wrexham | | 46 | 22 | 13 | 11 | 69 | 49 | +20 | 79 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 5th | Pl | Halifax | | 46 | 22 | 11 | 13 | 67 | 49 | +18 | 77 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 6th | | Woking | | 46 | 21 | 10 | 15 | 71 | 53 | +18 | 73 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 7th | | Ebbsfleet | | 46 | 19 | 15 | 12 | 74 | 58 | +16 | 72 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 8th | | Cambridge | | 46 | 20 | 10 | 16 | 76 | 66 | +10 | 70 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 9th | | Shrewsbury | | 46 | 19 | 13 | 14 | 61 | 51 | +10 | 70 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 10th | | Billericay | | 46 | 20 | 9 | 17 | 62 | 56 | +6 | 69 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 11th | | Kettering | | 46 | 17 | 15 | 14 | 50 | 45 | +5 | 66 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 12th | | Rushden | | 46 | 19 | 8 | 19 | 94 | 95 | -1 | 65 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 13th | | Salisbury | | 46 | 18 | 10 | 18 | 71 | 63 | +8 | 64 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 14th | | Chester | | 46 | 15 | 17 | 14 | 51 | 47 | +4 | 62 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 15th | | Forest Green | | 46 | 18 | 6 | 22 | 66 | 71 | -5 | 60 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 16th | | Crawley | | 46 | 15 | 12 | 19 | 56 | 72 | -16 | 57 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 17th | | Weymouth | | 46 | 15 | 11 | 20 | 47 | 59 | -12 | 56 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 18th | | Kidderminster | | 46 | 14 | 9 | 23 | 57 | 88 | -31 | 51 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 19th | | Newport Co | | 46 | 14 | 7 | 25 | 68 | 95 | -27 | 49 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 20th | | Grays | | 46 | 11 | 14 | 21 | 63 | 74 | -11 | 47 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 21st | R | Altrincham | | 46 | 11 | 14 | 21 | 43 | 61 | -18 | 47 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 22nd | R | Solihull Moors | | 46 | 11 | 13 | 22 | 48 | 68 | -20 | 46 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 23rd | R | Hednesford | | 46 | 11 | 6 | 29 | 48 | 105 | -57 | 39 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | 24th | R | Matlock | | 46 | 8 | 12 | 26 | 34 | 65 | -31 | 36 | | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

If anyone wants a challenge, play as Solihull. You've got the worst training and youth facilities, have one of the lowest team net-worths, and have no parent or feeder teams (and the board never approved any new ones). Not a good choice for a crappy player such as myself.

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 01-06-2008 at 01:37 AM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:03 AM   #1222
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
lol...classic

Had it mentioned by a guy I had on loan a few years ago as backup in case on of my main guys went down. Asked if I thought he was a thread. Too bad there wasn't a "Dude sucks" button
Old 01-06-2008, 09:05 AM   #1223
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
is it in the MLS? nothing suprises me with thier real life schedualing

No, it is the Irish Premier Division.
Old 01-06-2008, 09:41 AM   #1224
kserra
H.S. Freshman Team

Still having a problem with international jobs not showing up on the job listing page...I check the page regularly and today I looked, saw no international jobs, and then I get an email the next day talking about the new manager for the Argentina side being appointed...

Now, I'm still only known as a "national" head coach (Southend in the Championship in 2009)...not sure if this has something to do with it...but I'm worried I'm missing out on some lower-tier national jobs???

Ideas? or has anyone else seen this? I remember seeing international jobs advertised often in the 06 version...

Thanks.
kserra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #1225
wbatl1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kserra View Post
Still having a problem with international jobs not showing up on the job listing page...I check the page regularly and today I looked, saw no international jobs, and then I get an email the next day talking about the new manager for the Argentina side being appointed...

Now, I'm still only known as a "national" head coach (Southend in the Championship in 2009)...not sure if this has something to do with it...but I'm worried I'm missing out on some lower-tier national jobs???

Ideas? or has anyone else seen this? I remember seeing international jobs advertised often in the 06 version...

Thanks.

Play with the filters--the international jobs are not there by default, but they show up if you do something with the filters. I don't have the game open, so I can't tell you exactly what.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:25 PM   #1226
MrBug708
Head Coach

They show on Job Security, not Job Centre
Old 01-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #1227
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

This is killing me. I just got offered the Aberdeen job. They are sitting at 7th in the SPL right now.

I am sitting in 1st in the SD1, but a 7 or 8 game winning streak has me only 1 point up on St. Jonhstone and my team is currently riddle with injuries. I have something like 7 guys injured, 3 of them for pretty much the rest of the year. The fact I have kept winning is amazing to me.

I would love to take the Albion Rovers to the SPL, though I don't know if I would be able to keep them there with the current roster.

Aberdeen gives me 10x my current transfer budgey with over 5 million. They would give me 16x my current salary budget at 160+ k a week.

I really wish this offer would have come in another month or two when I knew for sure what would happen with my team. With 10 matches or so to go it is killing me.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 PM   #1228
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Crap, I am a bit surprised by my own team right now.

I knew I was on the best winning streak (league games only, as I lost a cup game to SPL team Hearts in the middle), but I guess I haven't been paying attention to just how well my team has done. I went to count how many wins I had and ended up seeing that I have an 18 game unbeaten streak going on in league games. I haven't lost since October, and it is now March.

I guess I was so focused on St. Johnstone and managing my roster because of good cup play in the first half of the season that I didn't notice.

Aberdeen job update already: I played St. Johnstone the same day I got the job offer. I figured I would delay a week and see how I did in the big road game which could cost me 1st place. I noticed I could delay until the end of the season!! Very cool. I had no idea you could do that. So I chose that option, then went out and won at the Saints 3-1. 4 point lead, 9 games to go.
Old 01-06-2008, 01:47 PM   #1229
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I noticed I could delay until the end of the season!! Very cool. I had no idea you could do that. So I chose that option, then went out and won at the Saints 3-1. 4 point lead, 9 games to go.

That's cool. I'm in somewhat of the same boat with Gillingham, I won the League One title with them, but the key players were loan signings who didn't return. We had a miniscule transfer budget and a rapidly aging team, things haven't gone well in the Championship and we are in the relegation zone, the board won't give me more money and won't do anything like expand the stadium or fund youth development. Pretty tough to survive with gates of around 9k, so I'd like to keep them up this year, but can't see how I can take them forward.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 01:51 PM   #1230
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

good fer you. but will you be able to take the Aberdeen job next year or will you feel to attatched to your old team?
Old 01-06-2008, 01:55 PM   #1231
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Well, I jinxed myself by posting about the winning streak and my 18 game unbeaten streak.

After the big win at the Saints I visit Stirling. A team I have always done real well against. They are sitting in 4th though and playing better then they have since I have been in SD1. They crushed me. They were up 4-0 at the half and won 4-1. My whole team took a crap on me. St. Jonhstone won 4-0 at home. Back to a very shaky 1 point lead. Damn I wish those bastards would just fade away like the others had started to do.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #1232
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
good fer you. but will you be able to take the Aberdeen job next year or will you feel to attatched to your old team?

I am very attatched to the Albion Rovers, especially since my whole strategy has been the only real one open to me. Sign 18 and 19 year olds and train them into better players. Over the last 2-3 years while in SD1 I have been able to bring in 1 impact guy a year, out of about 50-60 offers to guys a year I would say. So even the impact guys I have brought in are still young, getting better, and big parts to my team.

The problem is that Albion starts so low that they are also very slow to want to change anything. They start with the lowest attendance in SD3, and a stadium with only 1200 capacity or so. After over 4 years and 2 in SD1 I finally got them to agree to upgrade the training facilities at the begining of this year. IIRC, a promotion will force them to upgrade the stadium to meet the SPL minimum. Atleast that used to be something that happened I think. I also think they would officially switch from semi-pro to a full pro team, which would be good. The problem is I am not sure if any changes will be made if I miss promotion, so if I miss it this season I am strongly considering moving on.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #1233
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am very attatched to the Albion Rovers, especially since my whole strategy has been the only real one open to me. Sign 18 and 19 year olds and train them into better players. Over the last 2-3 years while in SD1 I have been able to bring in 1 impact guy a year, out of about 50-60 offers to guys a year I would say. So even the impact guys I have brought in are still young, getting better, and big parts to my team.

The problem is that Albion starts so low that they are also very slow to want to change anything. They start with the lowest attendance in SD3, and a stadium with only 1200 capacity or so. After over 4 years and 2 in SD1 I finally got them to agree to upgrade the training facilities at the begining of this year. IIRC, a promotion will force them to upgrade the stadium to meet the SPL minimum. Atleast that used to be something that happened I think. I also think they would officially switch from semi-pro to a full pro team, which would be good. The problem is I am not sure if any changes will be made if I miss promotion, so if I miss it this season I am strongly considering moving on.

best of luck mr. cringer!! i'm pulling for you!!
Old 01-06-2008, 02:06 PM   #1234
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Notts County ready to finally try and promote in their 3rd season of L1. We really were on track to do it last season, but the lack of a dominant striker (our uber striker abandoned us) killed us in the end.

2.8 million dollars and an insane contract later, Ross McCormack is ready to do some rockin'.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:02 PM   #1235
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
best of luck mr. cringer!! i'm pulling for you!!

My team got cold feet. Just went through 3 more games and ended up losing another one which has given St. Johnstone a 2 point lead. That was a rough streak though I guess, with 4 out of 5 games away, and the road games were against top teams for the most part.

5 games left, 4 at home thankfully. This includes a home game against the evil empire known as St. Johnstone in the second to last game of the year.

To add to my nerves, Dax Hoogerworth (or Hoogs as I call him) has for some strange reason decided it is time to move on and requested a transfer. This is my original, team owned, star. I got him before my first season and he has started and scored more then any other striker for me. We joined me in SD3 and has grown with the team. He is a big part of my attatchment. Perhaps a sign, I don't know.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #1236
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

It's a sign. Flee.
Old 01-06-2008, 03:32 PM   #1237
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Ok, I need some help. I just upgraded to a computer running Vista, and I can't get any add-on logos/facebacks/backgrounds to load. I've followed all the usual steps and nothing. Is there something that needs to be done on Vista that I'm not aware of?
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:59 PM   #1238
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Not a sign. He requested to come off the list.

And I won!!!!!!!!! SD1 is mine. In crappy, stressing fashion. Before we face off against each other in the second to last match of the year, the Saints LOSE 2 of 3 matches! YES! Oh crap, I lose both times they do. NO!!

They end up choking it more them I though, as they come into Coatbridge and I take them out 2-0. One game left at home against now 3rd place Livingston. I get a goal in the first minute, then get a RC. Ended up winning 2-0 again.

The Albion Rovers are going to the SPL baby, and I am staying on as their manager.
Old 01-06-2008, 05:28 PM   #1239
MrBug708
Head Coach

My contract was nearing an End at Crystal Palace and the board was thinking they might go a different direction now (I'm the greatest manager in football history at this point) because I basically met my expectations in year one, fell short in year two and met them in year 3. I told the media that I was possibly looking to leave due to my relationship with the board and the next week I had a contract offer. The front runner for the job was my current assman so I fired his ass. I wish I could say that he was fired for probably trying to orchestrate my demise at the club.

On the sorta same note, I think that there should be more Assman being promoted to manager then there currently is. I see examples of coaches holding down 8 different head coaching positions while my previous Assman was the second in command for 16 years and saw all of the great times come to fruition. I wish I would actually lose them to other coaching positions. I rarely lose my Assman other then to contract demands. My coaches get poached rather quickly to smaller jobs. Though, I think it is realistic to see my youth coaches getting "promotions" to coaches at other jobs.

Another strange occurence is that I'm seeing Super Physio's in the year 2035. They are nearly maxed out in most of the categories. It's bizarre to say the least. I also wish that more players who express an interest in a future outside of football would actually become coaches/scouts/physio's.

Just some thoughts I had is all
Old 01-06-2008, 05:41 PM   #1240
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

my MC's are getting some quality chances from ~ 18 yds. I had a MC with 15 goals last year, and just had another score 2 goals this past game.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:02 PM   #1241
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
The front runner for the job was my current assman so I fired his ass. I wish I could say that he was fired for probably trying to orchestrate my demise at the club.

Scum.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:06 PM   #1242
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well, his contract was almost up anyways He had a month to go..
Old 01-06-2008, 06:36 PM   #1243
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My contract was nearing an End at Crystal Palace and the board was thinking they might go a different direction now (I'm the greatest manager in football history at this point) because I basically met my expectations in year one, fell short in year two and met them in year 3. I told the media that I was possibly looking to leave due to my relationship with the board and the next week I had a contract offer. The front runner for the job was my current assman so I fired his ass. I wish I could say that he was fired for probably trying to orchestrate my demise at the club.

On the sorta same note, I think that there should be more Assman being promoted to manager then there currently is. I see examples of coaches holding down 8 different head coaching positions while my previous Assman was the second in command for 16 years and saw all of the great times come to fruition. I wish I would actually lose them to other coaching positions. I rarely lose my Assman other then to contract demands. My coaches get poached rather quickly to smaller jobs. Though, I think it is realistic to see my youth coaches getting "promotions" to coaches at other jobs.

Another strange occurence is that I'm seeing Super Physio's in the year 2035. They are nearly maxed out in most of the categories. It's bizarre to say the least. I also wish that more players who express an interest in a future outside of football would actually become coaches/scouts/physio's.

Just some thoughts I had is all

I agree to some extent, but I think you have to recognize that in football/soccer, the assistant heading up path is a lot less comon that it is in American sports - more often than not, the sheer volume of former players means that you pick a manager from there and go with it.

In fact, I was annoyed in my game with Arsene Wenger left Arsenal, he was replaced by Pat Rice. There's no way in hell one of the top teams in England would ever higher a first-time manager.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:41 PM   #1244
MrBug708
Head Coach

But even Pat Rice is a former player. It's not so much that I care about who is the manager, I just wish to see some of the former Assman get the job once in a while. It seems that coaches are always coaches, Assman are generally Assman, and Scouts are generalyl scouts with no way around it. Some of the coaches have seen more jobs then Amy Winehouse has seen drugs
Old 01-06-2008, 10:21 PM   #1245
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I hate to jinx us, but we've started off on fire.

9 wins, 2 draws, no losses in league play, and our new striker is doing exactly what I had hoped, both creating goals and scoring them, with 8 goals, 3 assists, and 4 man of the match awards.
Old 01-06-2008, 10:36 PM   #1246
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Well in case anyone was worried, I didn't get sacked despite getting relegated. Instead got a 2 year extension (and a small raise).

But now my board's long-term expectation is to 'survive in Blue Square Premier', which i guess means get promoted this year, and not get relegated next year.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #1247
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I am wondering how many seasons in a row someone has had the same guy on loan before? Even though I am now in the SPL and I can no longer be the feeder club for Rangers, I still went back to them to try for two of their players again. The L/R back whom I had last season, and and the forward I have loaned the previous two seasons. Both agreed to come back, which is nice because it means I don't have to try to buy the defender.

This is going to be my 3rd straight year with this striker on loan though. Last season he was the first guy I ever had come back for a second. If he wasn't out of my transfer range I would try to make him mine for good, but heck, I won't argue because it is cheaper for me this way.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:02 AM   #1248
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Well in case anyone was worried, I didn't get sacked despite getting relegated. Instead got a 2 year extension (and a small raise).

But now my board's long-term expectation is to 'survive in Blue Square Premier', which i guess means get promoted this year, and not get relegated next year.

Good to hear you didn't get the axe. Good luck getting back up to the BSP.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:03 AM   #1249
MrBug708
Head Coach

I've sent guys to the same club many times and in the rare instance when I'm a LLM, I try to get them again if they were good enough to have on the team.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:07 AM   #1250
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I've sent guys to the same club many times and in the rare instance when I'm a LLM, I try to get them again if they were good enough to have on the team.

Most of the guys I have loaned over these 5 seasons I have played I have tried to get back. They just usually don't want to come back. Of course the first guy is now a star for Celtic, so I can't say I blame him. One of the others I am trying to sign right now but I don't think I will get him.