Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #1201
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chief, are you going to have some time to dive into this game over the weekend? Would love to have you a little more involved in the conversation, time permitting.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:46 PM   #1202
hoopsguy
General Manager

OOC: SnDvls, burn baby burn!
Old 10-27-2006, 08:02 PM   #1203
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
If you look closely it was tied cronin 4, me 4. Not me and Lathum. The people jumped from me to Lathum to make that run.

Not saying that sndvls isn't suspicious, just want to make sure you dont give him false reasons to attack you back on

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
you need to reread it again Glen

it was tied 4-4 St. C & Alan
I broke the tie to make it 5-4 Alan I don't belive it ever got higher than 5 on Alan so if I started a run I hope it wasn't a sprint because the race is over when I voted.

I'm home now. I'm a freaking moron. Maybe I shouldn't play WW from the office.

I was wrong on my assessment of Lathum's votes. I can't read the plain text that Alan presented for me.

I can't really defend my actions, but I'm not moving my vote. I'm careless, and it cost me getting a vote, but worst things have happened. Racer wanted me jailed in day two of the last game, so day three is an improvement I guess.

I'm still sticking with snDvls, eventhough I'm not getting the same warm fuzzy feeling I had when I made my vote.

Sometimes I think my greatest weakness in WW is that I don't let go of things that hurt me, like my senseless bashing of Saldana over jailing Swaggs in Tombstone. Even a full day after my suspicion of Sal had cleared, I was back beating the drum calling him a willfully incompetent sheriff. I won't toss that bone aside. I just brazenlyand stubbornly hold on, even when it hurts. Like a bulldog. In this case, like a stupid bulldog.
---

The wife is sick, I have to do something about dinner. I'll be back before lynch.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:18 PM   #1204
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

zzzzzzzz
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:19 PM   #1205
hoopsguy
General Manager

Playing poker at this point - will poke the head in to see if there is anything interesting every so often. But the vote seems pretty much in hand at the moment.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:51 PM   #1206
Tyrith
College Starter

If I wasn't DEAD I could keep you all better company! :P
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #1207
hoopsguy
General Manager

(Nudges Tyrith with a stick) ...
Old 10-27-2006, 09:06 PM   #1208
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I just got back, and I'm starting forward from post 926. I'm going to try to check in on the vote, but unless there's a pressing need, I'll hold off on actually voting right now.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:08 PM   #1209
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

OK, it looks like it's not pressing.

My thinking from yesterday is, Alan might be Umbrella, since he wasn't too wild about the whole Lathum thing, and I think hoopsguy is not Umbrella. No read on zombies right now. We need to get one today, they'll probably multiply tonight.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 10-27-2006, 09:10 PM   #1210
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Sure, I'll list a few Tyrith posts from yesterday from my notes:

#471 - lynch of Cronin does not excite him
#516 - rather vote for Fouts than Cronin
#556 - doesn't think Cronin is a bad guy, is annoyed that Cronin self-voted
#587 - asks Cronin what he is going to do
#600 - Cronin's reasoning is sound
#602 - really does not want us to kill Cronin

He moved around on several other players, but had a lower level of certainty on them than he did with Cronin. Which made me believe he was exactly the role he had once I started searching yesterday for someone who might have scanned Cronin Night 1. This was the time that I changed my philosophy for yesterday to not vote for Cronin - can pull up those posts as well if you want me to do this.

Anyways, sucks to lose this STARS role but it vaults Cronin to the top of my trusted list for today. There cannot have been a conversion yet (by rule), so I feel very confident in him today.

So, um, hoops said this early in the day, but now it looks like cronin is on the block... I'm guessing something changed?

Old 10-27-2006, 09:18 PM   #1211
hoopsguy
General Manager

MrW, let me know when you are caught up and I'll talk about what has changed if you don't think I spelled it out enough.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #1212
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
OK, it looks like it's not pressing.

My thinking from yesterday is, Alan might be Umbrella, since he wasn't too wild about the whole Lathum thing, and I think hoopsguy is not Umbrella. No read on zombies right now. We need to get one today, they'll probably multiply tonight.

Not sure why you say this when it was me who pointed out the lathum stuff that people jumped on. Im estatic he got lynched
Old 10-27-2006, 09:30 PM   #1213
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
MrW, let me know when you are caught up and I'll talk about what has changed if you don't think I spelled it out enough.
It was kinda obvious, no need to explain it.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:31 PM   #1214
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Not sure why you say this when it was me who pointed out the lathum stuff that people jumped on. Im estatic he got lynched

If you voted for him at all, it was pretty late.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #1215
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
OOC: SnDvls, burn baby burn!

OOC: my wife teaches 1st grade and it's really cute to see all her kids in afros and disco outfits. some of the PTO parents were dressed up too...pretty scary
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:32 PM   #1216
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I don't particularly trust Alan right now. hoops is looking better to me, so I'll follow him... for now...

VOTE st.cronin

Old 10-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #1217
hoopsguy
General Manager

Probably too early in the game to vote nightfall, right?
Old 10-27-2006, 09:35 PM   #1218
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Wha?

Old 10-27-2006, 09:39 PM   #1219
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post

If you voted for him at all, it was pretty late.

it was my calling him out about fouts that people used to lynch him. It might not show in the votes, but it was there if you go back to read the conversation of the day.

I just felt at the time and still feel cronin the better target
Old 10-27-2006, 09:42 PM   #1220
hoopsguy
General Manager

Was the "wha" to nightfall?

I'm sure there are a few who have not seen that in games - basically if it looks like the vote is set and not moving (would be very surprised if it did on a Friday night) then people can vote nightfall to move ahead with lynch early.

Basically bored sitting and waiting to see if I played OK today or if I'm a frigging dunce.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:45 PM   #1221
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Yeah, I figured it out after posting my confusion.

Old 10-27-2006, 09:48 PM   #1222
Fouts
College Starter

I thought he meant he was playing the new Guild Wars expansion.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:53 PM   #1223
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Was the "wha" to nightfall?

I'm sure there are a few who have not seen that in games - basically if it looks like the vote is set and not moving (would be very surprised if it did on a Friday night) then people can vote nightfall to move ahead with lynch early.

Basically bored sitting and waiting to see if I played OK today or if I'm a frigging dunce.

I'm back with sushi in hand, and the jury is in on me. I'm a dunce.

As far as I'm concerned if Cronin comes back zombie, you and Alan are freaking geniuses. If he doesn't then...I don't know. You guys are in line to be lynched I guess.?

If Cronin is STARS, how close could Umbrella be to equalling our numbers?

I don't know, I kind of feel like if Cronin is Stars, then my thinking is back to ground zero. If he comes up zombie, then I'll stand in whatever line you guys tell me.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:00 PM   #1224
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

time check
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #1225
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Hey did you guys know there was a new FoF release?

You guys have sucked me in something fierce.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:11 PM   #1226
hoopsguy
General Manager

LOL, yeah saw something about that yesterday afternoon

Funny, funny stuff.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:12 PM   #1227
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Hey did you guys know there was a new FoF release?

You guys have sucked me in something fierce.

You mean people talk about FOF here? I am shocked! I am shocked and appalled!
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #1228
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Chubby still doing the vote?

How luck can Fouts be?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #1229
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

After yet another night with the death of S.T.A.R.S. members the citizens of Raccoon City were uneasy. It was decided once again that the focus of conversation for the day would be St Cronin. Unlike previous days, the conversation never changed and it was decided that St Cronin MUST be a zombie!

St Cronin is led into the center of the town square. "I've told you for three days now, I'm just a regular member of S.T.A.R.S.!" His cries fall on deaf ears as the crowd cheers when the executioner emerges with shotgun in hand. Three loud shotgun blasts later and St Cronin drops like a bag of rocks. Witnessing the death of St Cronin, the crowd can't help but feel like they've been here before...

The coroner slowly approaches the corpse, half expecting it to lurch at his feet and begin gnawing on his shoes or something. He carefully draws the blood sample and awaits to see if it's one line or two. One line for not zombie, two lines for zombie; it's just that easy! Finally the results come in...

St Cronin was NOT a zombie!

The crowd is disappointed and they quickly file home, disgusted in themselves. A search of St Cronin's home reveals a gun in it's holster tucked away in the closet underneath a swimsuit poster of Claire Redfield.

Night Three ends Sat 11pm EST
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:13 PM   #1230
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

oops should be lucky
Old 10-27-2006, 10:15 PM   #1231
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

well I suck then. Its cool if you all want to kill me tommorrow
Old 10-27-2006, 10:15 PM   #1232
hoopsguy
General Manager

Well, I'm pretty sure that Alan will be around come Day 4.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:16 PM   #1233
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Somebody gots some 'splaining to do!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #1234
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

does someone have the voting history?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:17 PM   #1235
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Somebody gots some 'splaining to do!

I was wrong. Like I said I'll accept a lynching tommorrow. Sorry
Old 10-27-2006, 10:19 PM   #1236
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, are you interesting in trying to explain why you were so hot for Cronin when you were not 100% sure?

The fact that you had not moved your vote for two straight days and were willing to trade your life for Cronin led me to believe you were Internal Affairs. I knew you were not Police Chief from Bullet on Day 1.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:20 PM   #1237
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I was wrong. Like I said I'll accept a lynching tommorrow. Sorry

OK. I feel the need to go a little democrat on you and Hoops.

I want to know what you knew, and when you knew it!
Old 10-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #1238
hoopsguy
General Manager

We are looking at a potential conversion tonight as well as a night kill. I would encourage the Sniper to decide on a target tonight - I know I should be in their thought process as well after today - and take a shot tonight to see if we can start to even the odds up a little bit.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:21 PM   #1239
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
After yet another night with the death of S.T.A.R.S. members the citizens of Raccoon City were uneasy. It was decided once again that the focus of conversation for the day would be St Cronin. Unlike previous days, the conversation never changed and it was decided that St Cronin MUST be a zombie!

St Cronin is led into the center of the town square. "I've told you for three days now, I'm just a regular member of S.T.A.R.S.!" His cries fall on deaf ears as the crowd cheers when the executioner emerges with shotgun in hand. Three loud shotgun blasts later and St Cronin drops like a bag of rocks. Witnessing the death of St Cronin, the crowd can't help but feel like they've been here before...

The coroner slowly approaches the corpse, half expecting it to lurch at his feet and begin gnawing on his shoes or something. He carefully draws the blood sample and awaits to see if it's one line or two. One line for not zombie, two lines for zombie; it's just that easy! Finally the results come in...

St Cronin was NOT a zombie!

The crowd is disappointed and they quickly file home, disgusted in themselves. A search of St Cronin's home reveals a gun in it's holster tucked away in the closet underneath a swimsuit poster of Claire Redfield.

Night Three ends Sat 11pm EST

Shouldn't that be a swimsuit poster of Tom Brady?
Old 10-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #1240
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Nope, I never lied about my role. I just misread what someone else was doing in the game that I had been tracking for a while. I based my reasoning on who came out and said I was a suspect, I ruled them out as police chief and then had it narrowed down to one person who had targeted cronin.

So evidentally the chief at some point said I was a suspect which I wouldnt have thought they would have done. I just misplayed and cost us a day.

You all can lynch me tommorrow
Old 10-27-2006, 10:23 PM   #1241
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Alan, are you interesting in trying to explain why you were so hot for Cronin when you were not 100% sure?

The fact that you had not moved your vote for two straight days and were willing to trade your life for Cronin led me to believe you were Internal Affairs. I knew you were not Police Chief from Bullet on Day 1.

I was thinking the same way, which is why I did not vote for Alan either. This is a set back certainly.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #1242
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Nope, I never lied about my role. I just misread what someone else was doing in the game that I had been tracking for a while. I based my reasoning on who came out and said I was a suspect, I ruled them out as police chief and then had it narrowed down to one person who had targeted cronin.

So evidentally the chief at some point said I was a suspect which I wouldnt have thought they would have done. I just misplayed and cost us a day.

You all can lynch me tommorrow

The only problem with this is if you are telling the truth this will cost us another night.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #1243
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
As far as I'm concerned if Cronin comes back zombie, you and Alan are freaking geniuses. If he doesn't then...I don't know. You guys are in line to be lynched I guess.?
hoops, maybe. I think Alan's Umbrella, and right now we need to be worrying about zombies, not Umbrella.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:27 PM   #1244
hoopsguy
General Manager

Glen, I posted my thoughts this morning on Cronin but was shaken by the fact that Tyrith could only ID Umbrella, not faction.

I think I argued pretty intensely for Cronin but I didn't see other people joining the fray with me and everyone had checked in. If the Chief knew that Alan was not STARS I expected them to assert themselves at some point. I didn't see it happening.

So I went back looking at the timing on Alan's vote yesterday. It was within 30 minutes of results going up. He never moved his vote on Cronin at any point during the day. He stayed on his vote with Cronin today when I pushed at him hard. Why would he make that play?

I figured that he either had to KNOW that Cronin was not STARS or else he was making a play at us to buy another day. But Day 3 wasn't end game mode. We would still have time to win the game, so why would he make an over the top play, when he came out and said he would be the next lynch?

Anyways, I talked myself into him as Internal Affairs.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:28 PM   #1245
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Alan I won't be going after you for what it's worth
I think you were just reading into something way too much on St. C
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #1246
hoopsguy
General Manager

Final Vote:

(7) St Cronin - Alan T (949), hoopsguy (1100), Path (1137), BrianD (1143), Spleen (1151), Rum (1199), MrW (1216)
(3) Fouts - Anxiety (979), NTN (1161), LSG (1194)
(2) SnDVls - Fouts (935), Glengoyne (1181)
(1) Anxiety - St Cronin (987)
(1) Glengoyne - SnDvls (1189)

Alan, feel like posting the vote/unvote stuff? Pretty sure I will be double-checking it after today.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:29 PM   #1247
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
it was my calling him out about fouts that people used to lynch him. It might not show in the votes, but it was there if you go back to read the conversation of the day.

I'm in the process of doing so (I'll have a far more detailed reply than I really should produce), and I don't know WTF you're talking about. I'm up to 10:30, and you haven't directly addressed Lathum at all, and at this point, he's ahead in the voting.

Old 10-27-2006, 10:36 PM   #1248
Fouts
College Starter

Well, I didn't vote for Lathum and caught some heat. I didn't vote for st.cronin, will I get some slack?

I still like my candidate for lynching.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:41 PM   #1249
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
We are looking at a potential conversion tonight as well as a night kill. I would encourage the Sniper to decide on a target tonight - I know I should be in their thought process as well after today - and take a shot tonight to see if we can start to even the odds up a little bit.

Sniper has to be sure of his target, else we are in big trouble.
Old 10-27-2006, 10:45 PM   #1250
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Sniper has to be sure of his target, else we are in big trouble.

I'd like to echo these words. We are down to 13 now? If the sniper hits a non-zombie, we are down to 11. If the zombies get 2 night kills again...9. Can the same zombie night-kill and convert? I'm assuming not. I think the sniper should only take the shot if they are sure of the target.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote