Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-09-2009, 09:14 PM   #1201
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Everyone files into the meeting room and waits. You sit and wonder who will be next. As you wait what seems like forever you begin to count to see if everyone is there.

You see eleven of you, that is everyone.

"Reorganization has been rescheduled for 5:00 this evening." you hear from the intercom.

Unsure of what has just happened you leave the room and return to your cubicles. Nothing seems different.

You decide that 4:00 will be your meeting to eliminate an Insider though you wonder if that is really the best name for that meeting anymore...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:15 PM   #1202
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorry, have daughters who don't want to stay in bed tonight. Battling interuptions.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #1203
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, looks like they found Drew. That means we're either 8-3 or 7-4. I believe that 8-3 is more likely for balance.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:16 PM   #1204
Autumn
Head Coach

Well I'll be interested to hear any reports. I assume they either got blocked or hit Drew.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:18 PM   #1205
Danny
Head Coach

PB says no block. Looks like they hit Drew. PB's synopsis looks right with the wolf report.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 09:39 PM   #1206
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Guys, I apologized to EF but I didn't mean to jump the gun on his post. I read my PM and had a brain fart and posted my results before he got up the summary. So my bad for that.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:45 PM   #1207
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

's ok

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 10:10 PM   #1208
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
PB says no block. Looks like they hit Drew. PB's synopsis looks right with the wolf report.

I'm just holding off a bit until we confirm PB is the bodyguard. His early reveal was kind of a surprise.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:11 PM   #1209
Autumn
Head Coach

Who did you guard Purdue?
Old 04-09-2009, 10:16 PM   #1210
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I'm just holding off a bit until we confirm PB is the bodyguard. His early reveal was kind of a surprise.

Honestly, considering his reaction and vote switch to lynch you when you quasi revealed as the BG, I tend to believe him.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:18 PM   #1211
Danny
Head Coach

And if he isn't, I'm sure we will see shortly as there is no reason for the BG not to come out and catch PB.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #1212
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, and this thing with posting before EagleFan did strikes me as a good sign too.

I worried though that he may be Drew and was inviting a wolf hit. But if no one's outed him by morning I suppose we're good.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:34 PM   #1213
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Let me walk you through some of my actions. On night one, I guarded Claphamsa because I thought that he may be doing exactly what he did, revealing as the link to the seer but was actually the seer. Unfortunately, once they hit Schmidty, I was screwed on night 2. I guarded CR on night 2 simply out of necessity to pick someone when it was obvious what they were going to do. I'll stop there for certain reasons that pertain to vulnerabilities for this coming night. If you guys really want to push, I'll reveal the rest.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:47 PM   #1214
Autumn
Head Coach

No need, thanks.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #1215
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm assuming we're 7-4. You think we started out with 3 wolves, Purdue?
Old 04-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #1216
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I think so Autumn but like I said earlier, I'll prepare for worst case scenario which means we had 18 players, 4 wolves, 1 Drew which means we could currently be in a big bind: 7-4. Best case, we're at 8-3. This is part of why I revealed when I did, so that we have two trusted members. I'll be honest though, balance wise, I do think we are at 8-3 right now but we'll see.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:22 AM   #1217
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
I think so Autumn but like I said earlier, I'll prepare for worst case scenario which means we had 18 players, 4 wolves, 1 Drew which means we could currently be in a big bind: 7-4. Best case, we're at 8-3. This is part of why I revealed when I did, so that we have two trusted members. I'll be honest though, balance wise, I do think we are at 8-3 right now but we'll see.

I'm not sure, I think 4 starting wolves was more likely. 3 seems a bit low if the wolves never hit Drew and had to play the whole 18 player game with 3 wolves. Either way I think we definitely need to play for the worst case scenario.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #1218
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Agreed, I think we are 7-4 now. Means we needs to start hitting.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:06 AM   #1219
Danny
Head Coach

One thing to consider is that the wolves probably felt confident they were going to get Drew last night if they decided to avoid the BG situation entirely. I haven't really noticed anything, but did anyone drop any hints that they might be Drew?
Old 04-10-2009, 01:18 AM   #1220
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Drew's probably better able to drop hints that are clear to the wolves than to the rest of us, since we don't have the advantage of knowing who the wolves are, unfortunately.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:22 AM   #1221
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Drew's probably better able to drop hints that are clear to the wolves than to the rest of us, since we don't have the advantage of knowing who the wolves are, unfortunately.

Per the rules he does not know who they are either. So I think the wolves were in the same boat as us for trying to figure out who he was (with the helpful exception that they can eliminate themselves).
Old 04-10-2009, 01:36 AM   #1222
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Per the rules he does not know who they are either. So I think the wolves were in the same boat as us for trying to figure out who he was (with the helpful exception that they can eliminate themselves).

Yup, you're right. I thought the Drew role was more traditional.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #1223
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We have an evening action and deadline tonight?

Old 04-10-2009, 08:27 AM   #1224
Autumn
Head Coach

I wondered the same about Drew dropping hints. That was why I suspected Purdue of a fake reveal possibly. Still no sign of a counter reveal though.

The wolves may have just got lucky. They might have figured Purdue's reveal as a fake to draw an attack and so gone after someone else. Numbers are low enough now that they'd have a pretty good chance.

If we're 7-4 right now, and were 8-3 before the conversion, they have what, a 1 in 6 chance of hitting Drew, given the Duke and Bodyguard reveals. Still, it's worth looking for any hints - Drew might have been wanting to get on a team with a better track record.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:35 AM   #1225
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I suck at detecting hints, but haven't seen any in the people I've done post analysis for. Also I definitely see us at 7-4 now. We're not quite in do or die territory but we're damn close.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 09:14 AM   #1226
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thoughts for today? Are we still at the Autumn-Abe-possibly BK impass? I'll check for some hints today but even with being off, the wife and I have a ton of crap to do so I'll be around on and off.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:22 AM   #1227
Danny
Head Coach

With how things are going, I think we've all become a bit tentative. Out of those three players, I am probably most suspicious of BK right now, but his analysis yesterday was helpful. It's early though and I don't think too well in the morning :P
Old 04-10-2009, 09:24 AM   #1228
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
With how things are going, I think we've all become a bit tentative. Out of those three players, I am probably most suspicious of BK right now, but his analysis yesterday was helpful. It's early though and I don't think too well in the morning :P
I'm jealous. This game I haven't thought well morning noon or night.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:26 AM   #1229
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Thoughts for today? Are we still at the Autumn-Abe-possibly BK impass? I'll check for some hints today but even with being off, the wife and I have a ton of crap to do so I'll be around on and off.
Odds alone tell us there is a 75% chance that one of the three of us is a bad guy. I'm leaning towards Abe, but perhaps Autumn's whole rope thing gave off some sort of signal? The guy has been a very active poster so there's definitely a chance of some sort of signal going on there.

I'd also love to hear some more from Poli today, since I have no clue where he stands with stuff.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:43 AM   #1230
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

The longer BK remains alive, the more suspicious I get of him, although I still agree with Lathum's logic from yesterday about Autumn.

Look, BK is being a real help to the village with his analysis. Why would you leave alive an experienced vet who is also being really helpful to the other side?

Every day that passes brings more suspicion on BK to my mind.

Old 04-10-2009, 09:50 AM   #1231
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm going to start with where I've been for two days and still look around from there.

vote Autumn
Old 04-10-2009, 09:53 AM   #1232
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
We have an evening action and deadline tonight?

Yes, unless there is a nightfall vote then it will be earlier.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #1233
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
The longer BK remains alive, the more suspicious I get of him, although I still agree with Lathum's logic from yesterday about Autumn.

Look, BK is being a real help to the village with his analysis. Why would you leave alive an experienced vet who is also being really helpful to the other side?

Every day that passes brings more suspicion on BK to my mind.
You leave me around because I've been wrong.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:53 AM   #1234
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, unfortunately I don't think the wolves have had to worry too much about targeting vocal villagers. We've managed to do enough damage without their input. Of course, we don't know who they targeted last night.

I don't have a lot of analysis to add at this point, I feel stymied. I had actually been suspecting PurdueBrad until his reveal, and obviously I pushed for Lathum and Cartman before that. I don't have a good handle, but I'm glad to look at some analysis other people have.
Old 04-10-2009, 11:33 AM   #1235
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I see Pass in the thread. I'm guessing he could tell us who a wolf or two is.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #1236
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I see Pass in the thread. I'm guessing he could tell us who a wolf or two is.

I can't do that, but at least I wouldn't have let the thread sit for TWO WHOLE HOURS in the middle of the day without a post!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:38 PM   #1237
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of 1235:

Autumn 1 - PurdueBrad (1231)

yet to vote: everyone else
Old 04-10-2009, 01:39 PM   #1238
USFLTecmo
H.S. Freshman Team

Wow, we really have nothing going at all today, do we? Some suspicion still aimed at Autumn, mine too, for that matter, but it looks like BK and Abe are potential suspects. I really believe there's a wolf among BK and Abe, but I don't know which way to lean on that one. Anyone have anything more substantial than just thoughts and feelings?
USFLTecmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:59 PM   #1239
Autumn
Head Coach

The fact that there's not much discussion suggests that one or more of the suspects being discussed isn't a wolf. Otherwise I would think they'd be busy digging up other suspects. I know I'm a villager, I would guess that at least one of Abe and Barkeep are villagers too then. I suppose from my view the best thing we could do then is to get the heat up on both of them (or all three for the rest of you) and see what happens.

I suspected Barkeep was somewhat coming to my aid so that if I got offed he looked good. Nothing hard and fast there.

Abe just makes me wonder because he often seems to pop in with just an offhand remark, the sort of "oh yeah he's active but I don't remember anything he thinks" ploy that could be wolf-like.

I will look back some more and vote for one of those. Let's get some votes out to at least flush the wolves into action.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:12 PM   #1240
Autumn
Head Coach

I don't really see Abe or Barkeep at this point having looked back through posts. They've both done some things which seem more villager than me. I think I'm stuck at this point basically picking one of the quieter folks I'm unsure of and hoping I get lucky. USFL, Lerriuqs, Poli, Danny, Martin and Dubb93. I'll take a look at them and pick a suspect.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:13 PM   #1241
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Vote Barkeep

I honestly can't see any reason to go elsewhere today.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #1242
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I can go with Autumn, I think Lathum's points, good yesterday, look even better when coming from a certified villager.

Old 04-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #1243
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Vote Autumn

Old 04-10-2009, 02:18 PM   #1244
Poli
FOFC Survivor

VOTE Barkeep

This is more of a placeholder than anything. I have a mini-party to go to tonight, but I have no idea when I'll be leaving. I suspect in the next 3 hours I'll be out the door.

I'm almost with Abe on this one, which kind of worries me. I believe I've been led astray in the past by "village helpers", guys who make "reviews" of other players posts. In fact, I believe I've done that in my former life as ardent enthusiast.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:19 PM   #1245
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wow, when I started typing there was just one vote out there. Creepy.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:26 PM   #1246
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Votes as of 1245:

Autumn 2 - PurdueBrad (1231), Abe Sargent (1243)
Barkeep49 2 - dubb93 (1241), Poli (1244)

yet to vote: USFLTecmo, lerriuqs, Chief Rum, Danny, MartinD, Barkeep49, Autumn
Old 04-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #1247
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

At this point, I have no idea where to go, but given that we're all over the place and haven't done very well I think the place to look is in who is starting the votes...Not ending them. I'll try to in a bit, but I'm alone with my boy today so I don't know how much time I'll have for it.
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:10 PM   #1248
Danny
Head Coach

Hmmm, I come back and we have almost no activity.
Old 04-10-2009, 03:24 PM   #1249
Danny
Head Coach

I'm going to go a different direction for now to at least see what comes up. I've kind of had some suspicion of him since early on, but we've never really pressed it. If this develops into a two person race, I'll likely switch and decide on one of the two lead choices.

Vote Lerriuqs
Old 04-10-2009, 03:26 PM   #1250
Danny
Head Coach

Hopefully this will at least get some discussion going.