Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-03-2010, 04:39 PM   #1201
DataKing
Pro Rookie

From the Bears twitter feed (bold added for emphasis):

Quote:
LM: Cutler follows TD to Aromashodu by connecting with Rashied Davis deep over middle in between three defenders.

Knock it off, Jay.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 08-03-2010 at 04:39 PM.
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #1202
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
Put me firmly in the 2nd camp. Please Brett, just crawl into a hole somewhere and die already.

this
Old 08-03-2010, 05:44 PM   #1203
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
From the Bears twitter feed (bold added for emphasis):

Knock it off, Jay.

Was that during this same practice:

Jay Cutler watch - chicagotribune.com

"Cutler wasn't terrible, but 10 of his 27 passes were incomplete, including one interception and another pass that nearly was intercepted. He seemed to be holding the ball too long and might have taken a couple of sacks had he been in a game."

Bears are sounding suh-weeet!
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:02 PM   #1204
bronconick
College Starter

Notgonnaspellit Suh signs a 5 year 60 million deal with Detroit, with 40 million guarantee.
bronconick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #1205
JediKooter
Coordinator

So Jay, how's having a better arm than Elway working out for you?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:15 PM   #1206
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
Notgonnaspellit Suh signs a 5 year 60 million deal with Detroit, with 40 million guarantee.

Gets him to camp without missing much.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:32 PM   #1207
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Just to review, the Bears have Mike Tice coaching their OLine, and 2 of the starting OL are set....but they didn't sign anybody else, so the other 3 are just going to have to be re-shuffled in. They've got Mike Martz running the offense, whose last 3 teams were all in the tops of sacks allowed, and who left Detroit under rumors of Martz undermining the OL coach, and giving the OL conflicting blocking assignments, on nearly every play. He's manning a stable of WRs boasting zero receivers who have ever posted more than 800 yards in a season. And then you've got Rod Marinelli as an assistant coach and D coordinator, a man whose defenses and coaching skills helped to lead the 2008 Lions towards their impressive 0-16 finish. Sounds like a recipe for fun.

....of course, as a Lions fan, I fully accept that I'll likely still be looking up at the Bears in the standings, for the next 8 eons.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.
thesloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:37 PM   #1208
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Deadspin mentioning they're going to be breaking something about Favre soon, mentioning secret cell phones and women.

Hilariously Gross Brett Favre News To Surface Soon.
Old 08-03-2010, 06:39 PM   #1209
JediKooter
Coordinator

Brett Favre is gay? Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:43 PM   #1210
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Least shocking news ever. And all it means is he's going to stay in the public eye. He will never go away. Ever.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:47 PM   #1211
tarcone
Coordinator

Cutler and Martz is toxic. Those guys are going to kill each other. Or Martz will get Cutler killed.
You better have a real quick release or else.
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 06:48 PM   #1212
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I've said this before, but I will repeat. My only request of Lovie and his lame-duck coaching staff this year is to not get Jay Cutler killed.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 08:34 PM   #1213
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Suh signed his deal. 5 years, $40 million guaranteed. And then there were two...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #1214
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Was that during this same practice:

Jay Cutler watch - chicagotribune.com

"Cutler wasn't terrible, but 10 of his 27 passes were incomplete, including one interception and another pass that nearly was intercepted. He seemed to be holding the ball too long and might have taken a couple of sacks had he been in a game."

Bears are sounding suh-weeet!

This sounds promising. As Cutler is someone I cant stand and enjoy seeing fail this is some great news. I didnt think topping last year was even possible perhaps good old Jay can even surprise me more.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:13 AM   #1215
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
He will be back.

I'm sure what is going on now is that the Vikings wanted Favre to commit to something (be it after the 2nd preseason game or whatever). Favre got all huffy and just started texting out to everyone that he was done. (pretty much seems to be the pattern, you put him to the fire and he gives retirement as the answer). Now management will need to step back and go.. whoa whoa whoa... Did we say the 2nd preseason game? By 2nd preseason game we meant by week 1. Oh, and here is another 3 million. We cool?

Of course then Brett will show up, give a 'Aw shucks, didn't want to let the team down and they showed they really want me. I mean, I never SAID I was retiring" and 1/2 the nation will cock gobble him and the other half will grow even more tired of this.

And no matter how good or bad he does during the season, one thing is certain: he will end his season with an interception.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:29 AM   #1216
remper
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Just to review, the Bears have Mike Tice coaching their OLine, and 2 of the starting OL are set....but they didn't sign anybody else, so the other 3 are just going to have to be re-shuffled in. They've got Mike Martz running the offense, whose last 3 teams were all in the tops of sacks allowed, and who left Detroit under rumors of Martz undermining the OL coach, and giving the OL conflicting blocking assignments, on nearly every play. He's manning a stable of WRs boasting zero receivers who have ever posted more than 800 yards in a season. And then you've got Rod Marinelli as an assistant coach and D coordinator, a man whose defenses and coaching skills helped to lead the 2008 Lions towards their impressive 0-16 finish. Sounds like a recipe for fun.

And, of course the Bears front office is laying it on pretty thick trying to put a happy face on this impending train wreck of a season. Apparently, "all the pieces are in place" says Angelo, the Bears GM. In place for what? That's what I want to know. All I want to see is Cutler show some progress in cutting down the mistakes. Otherwise, I predict 5-11 at best for the Bears this year. Goodbye Lovie!
remper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:42 AM   #1217
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

RotoTimes.com - Brett Favre - Favre trying to see Dr. James Andrews
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 12:55 AM   #1218
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by remper View Post
And, of course the Bears front office is laying it on pretty thick trying to put a happy face on this impending train wreck of a season. Apparently, "all the pieces are in place" says Angelo, the Bears GM. In place for what? That's what I want to know. All I want to see is Cutler show some progress in cutting down the mistakes. Otherwise, I predict 5-11 at best for the Bears this year. Goodbye Lovie!

Just once I want to hear a GM or Head Coach say "Man, we're so F&*$#( this season!"
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:36 AM   #1219
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Deadspin mentioning they're going to be breaking something about Favre soon, mentioning secret cell phones and women.

Hilariously Gross Brett Favre News To Surface Soon.

It was Jenn Sterger.

hxxp://deadspin.com/5603701/ (NSFW text)
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 08-04-2010 at 10:37 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #1220
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I hate that they released this story without any proof of the allegations.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #1221
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Yeah pretty weak overall.

And speaking of pretty weak, Favre now saying he'll play if he's healthy and he never told anyone otherwise.

It's gotten to the point that I really hope Deadspin gets the pictures. Fuck Favre.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 08-04-2010 at 11:04 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #1222
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Yeah, I want to see Favre's cock, too -- er, I mean, I think proof is needed also.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #1223
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post

Yes. I will go a step more and say that I hate that they released this story period. Why does it make average American's feel so good to bring down all of these people that they are solely responsible for building up? Everyone is so giddy about Tiger Woods, Lebron, Favre, etc all getting what they deserve. Newsflash they play sports for a living, the only reason they are any bigger than that is because you fuckers decided to make them into god's. I don't really care one way or the other about Favre but the will he/won't he is completely a creation of ESPN/24 hour news cycles. Why fuck with his life, because he is a great athlete and you aren't?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:23 AM   #1224
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I wonder if it's possible for poster's to ever post in a way that is not smugly self superior.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 08-04-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #1225
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I wonder if it's possible for poster's to ever post in a way that is not smugly self superior.

Not possible for you. For me though, pretty damn easy.

You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 08-04-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #1226
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

To be fair to Favre, yesterday's story really seems sketchy. There was never any info about which teammates got a text and what the text said, outside of "This is it." Which, with Deadspin's story, might have been about the outing of his off the field conduct.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:28 AM   #1227
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I am guessing this is aimed at me. How exactly? Because I am average also but don't hate a man I have never met because he is a great athlete and the media attempts shoves him down my throat. Sure that makes me smug and superior. Keep being angry at Favre it will give ESPN and deadspin exactly what they want.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:29 AM   #1228
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I am disappointed at the lack of sheeple in your post.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:30 AM   #1229
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
Now management will need to step back and go.. whoa whoa whoa... Did we say the 2nd preseason game? By 2nd preseason game we meant by week 1. Oh, and here is another 3 million. We cool?

Of course then Brett will show up, give a 'Aw shucks, didn't want to let the team down and they showed they really want me. I mean, I never SAID I was retiring" and 1/2 the nation will cock gobble him and the other half will grow even more tired of this.

After 24 hours, I must be freakin Nostradamus. Not only did I reference a $3M pay raise (which came out today), I also had a Favre cock reference.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 08-04-2010, 11:31 AM   #1230
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I am disappointed at the lack of sheeple in your post.

I am disappointed you don't have more venom towards a man you have never met in yours.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #1231
molson
General Manager

I love that Mustang is bragging that he was talking about Favre's cock before anyone else.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:39 AM   #1232
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
I am disappointed you don't have more venom towards a man you have never met in yours.

You are right, my seething rage towards Favre and other celebritie's must have clouded my judgment.
Old 08-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #1233
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I don't even know who the Vikings other QBs are. Is Tavaris Jackson still there?

They should sign Jeff George.

Someone was listening.

Veteran quarterback makes pitch to replace Brett Favre | ProFootballTalk.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:35 AM   #1234
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Elvis Dumervil suffered a Torn Pec. As of now the report is he'll miss 4 months, but some are saying it'll be the entire season.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 07:21 AM   #1235
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Since I don't want to find the 2006 offseason thread (or I guess the 2005 SB thread)...

Referee of Seattle's Super Bowl loss admits errors - NFL - SI.com

Quote:
RENTON, Wash. (AP) -- Saying "I'll go to my grave'' with regret, NFL referee Bill Leavy reopened a Seahawks' wound that won't heal by acknowledging he made mistakes in Seattle's disputed, 2006 Super Bowl loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers.
The veteran official began an annual training-camp rules interpretation session with the Seattle media after practice on Friday by bringing up the sore subject without being asked.
"It was a tough thing for me. I kicked two calls in the fourth quarter and I impacted the game, and as an official you never want to do that,'' said the veteran of 15 NFL seasons and two Super Bowls.
"It left me with a lot of sleepless nights, and I think about it constantly,'' Leavy said of the game in February 2006. "I'll go to my grave wishing that I'd been better.''

Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:20 PM   #1236
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

MOOOOOOSSSEEEE!

(gave me chills)
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 06:44 AM   #1237
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Well, last night's game was the first in what I predict to be 2 weeks of more-horrible-than-usual preseason games, puprposely thrown by the players to get the public to agree that they don't need less preseason games, in a bid to win the public battle over the 16/18 game season that is coming as part of the labor negotiations.

At least, I hope that's what was going on last night. I have to admit - I'm not feeling the NFL/football right now, but that was beyond unwatchable.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:10 PM   #1238
JS19
College Prospect

Here's a new one... Brian Cushing claims "overtraining" caused his positive test.

Brian Cushing: Overtraining caused positive test - ESPN
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 12:20 PM   #1239
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Here's a new one... Brian Cushing claims "overtraining" caused his positive test.

Element of truth to that as one could argue that steroid use is "overtraining".
Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #1240
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
If the Skins can get more than 10 games out of Brown's knees, I'll consider it a win for them.

Not looking good for Redskins. Probably still a smart trade by them b/c you need to take chances in order to get to a championship level. And a 4th round pick isn't going to break the franchise.

But, if people were wondering why they were able to get a "pro-bowl" tackle for a 4th round pick, this would help to explain it to you.

Jammal Brown's hip sidelining him | National Football Post
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:53 PM   #1241
stevew
Hall Of Famer

more cushing for the pushing
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:03 PM   #1243
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post

Brian Cushing: Overtraining caused positive test - ESPN

Goodell should double the length of his suspension for not being able to come up with a better excuse.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #1244
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

No kidding. He'd be better off with "I accidentally sat on a syringe in the park".

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #1245
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Saw that Sean Witherspoon is getting a start in the opening preseason game vs. the Chiefs. Should be fun to hear 'SPOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNN' being yelled by the Atlanta crowd every time he makes a tackle. Mizzou will miss that guy.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:54 PM   #1246
Tigercat
College Starter

Looking forward to Saints Pats tonight for a number of reasons, but it will be nice to see these two teams play each other on the field and get away from the press love fest they've been having at the joint practice the last couple of days.

I'm surprised that Payton and Belichick haven't been found spooning each other in a hotel room with the way they've been acting towards each other this week.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #1247
kingfc22
Head Coach

hxxp://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38694908/ns/sports-player_news/

49ers backup RB Glen Coffee shockingly announced his retirement from football Friday.

Coffee was nowhere to be found Friday after missing Thursday afternoon's practice. He released a statement Friday afternoon, indicating that he's "moving on" from football. Coach Mike Singletary runs a notoriously tough camp, but there has to be more to the story here. Coffee was battling rookie Anthony Dixon for the No. 2 job behind Frank Gore. Dixon is now the clear "handcuff" to Gore

Not like he did much last year, but I had heard in had put on weight to help improve his inside running ability.
Old 08-13-2010, 03:49 PM   #1248
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

I've heard a rumor that he's joining the priesthood. Completely unsubstantiated, but the guy is not one to make crap up.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #1249
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain believes the ankle injury suffered by RB Ben Tate in Saturday's preseason opener could be season-ending.
McClain is hearing that Tate's ankle is broken. The Chronicle's columnist Jerome Solomon also cites a source close to Tate as saying the injury "does not look good and could be major." The Texans are expected to have an announcement on Sunday.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:00 AM   #1250
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
hxxp://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/38694908/ns/sports-player_news/

49ers backup RB Glen Coffee shockingly announced his retirement from football Friday.

Coffee was nowhere to be found Friday after missing Thursday afternoon's practice. He released a statement Friday afternoon, indicating that he's "moving on" from football. Coach Mike Singletary runs a notoriously tough camp, but there has to be more to the story here. Coffee was battling rookie Anthony Dixon for the No. 2 job behind Frank Gore. Dixon is now the clear "handcuff" to Gore

Not like he did much last year, but I had heard in had put on weight to help improve his inside running ability.

weird