Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-05-2012, 11:50 AM   #1201
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
That's always been Andrea for me

For the first two seasons Lori and Andrea were 1 and 1a, and the more screentime Andrea gets the more she goes right back to her old horribly annoying self.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 11:52 AM   #1202
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

yeah, but I don't think he was outside when that happened. I originally thought it was Merle, but then we met him with the Woodbury people and he doesn't seem to know where Rick's group is.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #1203
Thomkal
Head Coach

Couple things I didn't like-that the prisoner Rick left for dead to the zombies somehow survived-and not immediately searching for Carol through the open door when there was just one body there and it wasn't Carol's.

T-Dog's death while heroic was ho-hum to me-they hadn't really done much with the character so didn't have much of a connection to him. And it seems like they have his replacement already. Lori's supposed death was much more emotional and well done. Could she (and the baby) have survived long enough for the others to get to her and perform the C-section more safely?

Not liking Andrea too much this episode-she's apparently been missing sex too much, I was surprised she didn't do it with both of them given how she was acting.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:03 PM   #1204
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Yea, I didn't think that was Carol's body either. But I don't know, they seemed to think it was her.

I am going to post this in spoilers just because I can't remember where I read it from. I haven't read the comics or GN, but maybe someone did and posted it.

Spoiler
Old 11-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #1205
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post

Could she (and the baby) have survived long enough for the others to get to her and perform the C-section more safely?

That's what annoyed me about that scene and the series of decisions that they made. It appeared (since they had already been outside and it was daylight and they were outside again in daylight afterwards) that not much time elapsed (maybe 1-3 hours, at most?), but she went into labor, identified that the baby was (presumably) in breech, and determined that she needed the c-section way too quickly. Sure the baby was in danger, but it is in danger of starving without its mother and they are in a men's penitentiary (so I'm not seeing a whole lot of formula options), Rick may or may not be dead for all they know, she already has one child, and Maggie knows next to nothing about delivering a baby. I have way too hard of a time believing that any of the three, forget about all three, would have made that decision. If I'm Maggie there, I'm holding off until it looks like Lori has absolutely no chance of surviving before cutting her open.

As for Carl going through with shooting her:
Spoiler
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:49 PM   #1206
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
Yea, I didn't think that was Carol's body either. But I don't know, they seemed to think it was her.

I am going to post this in spoilers just because I can't remember where I read it from. I haven't read the comics or GN, but maybe someone did and posted it.

Spoiler

I think Carol is still alive, until we see/hear otherwise.

Otherwise, that scene where T-Dog sacrifices himself is kind of useless for us to see.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:50 PM   #1207
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Carol is still alive. no doubt about it IMO
Old 11-05-2012, 02:02 PM   #1208
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I feel bad for T-Dog. He never really got to have his own story, so his death didn't have the impact is should have. He was more visible this season than last season, but that isn't enough to make us feel for him like we should. The writers missed an opportunity here.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:04 PM   #1209
Ron Mexico
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
Carol is still alive. no doubt about it IMO

I'm in 100% agreement here. I could see a storyline involving Lori's kid, especially in the wake of Carol losing her daughter. Do I think she survives long-term? Hell no. But I don't think her number is up yet.
Ron Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:54 PM   #1210
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Agreed on Carol.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #1211
chinaski
College Prospect

well that was one of the most heart wrenching episodes of tv ive ever seen, guh.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #1212
Swaggs
Coordinator

First I've heard about this...

Hines Ward appears as zombie on 'Walking Dead' (VIDEO)

Last edited by Swaggs : 11-05-2012 at 04:08 PM.
Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM   #1213
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Me too.

And it made me sad seeing T-Dog. Poor, T-Dog. At least he got to go out a hero.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 11-05-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:34 PM   #1214
booradley
High School Varsity

Don't you think they need to get rid of that baby? I mean, if they thought the prison alarm was a zombie magnet, wait till that kid misses a meal.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:37 PM   #1215
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

It will be interesting to see how long the baby survives. This show has already shown that it will pull no punches.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 11-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #1216
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Don't you think they need to get rid of that baby? I mean, if they thought the prison alarm was a zombie magnet, wait till that kid misses a meal.

I assume the idea of continuing on the human race wins out there.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #1217
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mexico View Post
I'm in 100% agreement here. I could see a storyline involving Lori's kid, especially in the wake of Carol losing her daughter. Do I think she survives long-term? Hell no. But I don't think her number is up yet.

yeah another non-opening credits person who will bite it at some point if she hasn't made the credits yet. I like the dynamic she brins especially with Daryl. I think she's more interesting than Andrea really.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #1218
chinaski
College Prospect

i was expecting the baby to take a bite out of Maggies neck.
chinaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #1219
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post

+1

Did anybody else think that the first glimpse of the baby we got kind of made it look like a zombie scowly face?
Old 11-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #1220
sabotai
General Manager

I was kinda expecting zombie baby too.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:10 PM   #1221
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinaski View Post

ha..."It's Alive"
Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #1222
Butter
Coordinator

This season has been OUTSTANDING so far. I agree some with the person who mentioned the contrivance of the Lori giving birth sub-plot, but I am more than willing to overlook it given the emotional impact of the final minutes of this episode. Just great stuff.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:45 AM   #1223
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Um...I know ai haven't been watching but just how long have they been in this prison? Lori wasn't even showing signs in season 2.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #1224
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
Um...I know ai haven't been watching but just how long have they been in this prison? Lori wasn't even showing signs in season 2.

They've only been in the prison for a few days.

That said, it's been very well established there was a 7-8 month (it's hard to know exactly given that time - other than night and day - and days themselves don't really matter anymore) gap between the end of season 2 and the beginning of season 3 when they found the prison.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:56 AM   #1225
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
They've only been in the prison for a few days.

That said, it's been very well established there was a 7-8 month (it's hard to know exactly given that time - other than night and day - and days themselves don't really matter anymore) gap between the end of season 2 and the beginning of season 3 when they found the prison.

LOL it took them 8 months to walk across the highway? Cause that's where the prison was from where they ended season 2. It was RIGHT THERE!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:59 AM   #1226
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
LOL it took them 8 months to walk across the highway? Cause that's where the prison was from where they ended season 2. It was RIGHT THERE!

The prison was off in the distance. It wasn't /right/ there. They didn't know it was there and went in an opposite direction. They probably holed up in some places for as long as they could, kept it local, etc.

It's not that big of a stretch.

Pay attention.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #1227
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I assume the idea of continuing on the human race wins out there.

Sure, a good idea when you're not fighting for your very lives every Sunday night. Although, your quote got me to thinking - I wonder if there's something about prenatal Mommy juices that makes newborns immune to the virus? THEN there really would be hope for the human race. Hump and hope, hump and hope ...

Last edited by booradley : 11-06-2012 at 08:05 AM.
booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 08:06 AM   #1228
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
The prison was off in the distance. It wasn't /right/ there. They didn't know it was there and went in an opposite direction. They probably holed up in some places for as long as they could, kept it local, etc.

It's not that big of a stretch.

Pay attention.

*sniff* yes, mother.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:12 AM   #1229
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
*sniff* yes, mother.

/pats your head

Good boy.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:13 AM   #1230
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
/pats your head

Good boy.

I'm sorry mother. I won't do it again. Can I go outside and play with the zombies now?
Old 11-06-2012, 08:15 AM   #1231
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

And actually what I remember is that the camera was on them, then panned up and wide and forward and it looked like it was down a small hill and ahead a few blocks behind a fence and hedges and stuff. But I only saw it once. Guess I can watch it again.

But going the other way is just typical of humans... That's right, they DID have cars. Guess they drove away. This reminds me of the convoy of stationwagons in Twister.

Last edited by CrimsonFox : 11-06-2012 at 08:16 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:21 AM   #1232
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm sorry mother. I won't do it again. Can I go outside and play with the zombies now?

Carl? Is that you?
Old 11-06-2012, 08:23 AM   #1233
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Carl? Is that you?

There needs to be a zombie smiley.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:52 AM   #1234
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
+1

Did anybody else think that the first glimpse of the baby we got kind of made it look like a zombie scowly face?

YES! And I was honestly hoping for it. That would have been crazy.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:45 AM   #1235
Kodos
Resident Alien

Babies don't have teeth though, so all we'd get would be a good gumming
Old 11-09-2012, 12:13 PM   #1236
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

What about road signs for the prison? And they had county maps too...
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:15 PM   #1237
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post

Yeah, I hate to be a nerd but that size of a prison would have to show up on a USGS map. Especially since it had standard non electric bars, meaning it would probably be from pre-1994(and possibly the 1950s). It would be on a map.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:19 PM   #1238
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post

Maybe the map they had didn't go far enough to include the prison.

Maybe the road signs for the prison were knocked down by cars or trucks veering off the road. Maybe they didn't come across any such signs.

Maybe the prison was on the map, but no one really thought about it as a real viable place to hole up until Rick and Darryl stumbled across it, saw it and had a EUREKA! moment.

Who cares?

It doesn't really matter.

Don't sweat the small things.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:20 PM   #1239
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Maybe the map they had didn't go far enough to include the prison.

Maybe the road signs for the prison were knocked down by cars or trucks veering off the road. Maybe they didn't come across any such signs.

Maybe the prison was on the map, but no one really thought about it as a real viable place to hole up until Rick and Darryl stumbled across it, saw it and had a EUREKA! moment.

Who cares?

It doesn't really matter.

Don't sweat the small things.

Thanks for saving me the time of having to say the same thing.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 01:11 PM   #1240
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

if they didn't fast forward, we would have had to endure 6 more months of pregnant Lori. be thankful.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:03 PM   #1241
Grover
Pro Starter

The governor's daughter! Oh my God yes!

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #1242
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I want to see the Michonne sequence again, I think she missed the killshot on the 3rd zombie.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:27 PM   #1243
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Nobody thought to grab some formula along the way?
Old 11-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #1244
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And so, our merry bands draw ever closer together next week.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:51 PM   #1245
DanGarion
Coordinator

Ring ring...
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 10:59 PM   #1246
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
Ring ring...

We've traced the call... it's coming from inside the house
Old 11-11-2012, 11:03 PM   #1247
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The fat walker ate Lori? Crazy.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:17 PM   #1248
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The fat walker ate Lori? Crazy.

Not as crazy as Rick (apparently) giving consideration to digging her out of there.

Or maybe he just wanted to make sure the slut was really REALLY dead.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #1249
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
We've traced the call... it's coming from inside the house

sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:11 AM   #1250
Swaggs
Coordinator

I assumed he was going to try to recover her wedding ring. I thought that would have been a good thing for him to come back to the group with and kind of snap him back to reality. The phone should be fun, too, though.