Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-09-2007, 09:59 AM   #1201
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I guess with there being 33% wolf ratio in Lupus, the Helsing wolf already has his path set out for him regardless of what we say about Oz in the public thread. Its only a matter of time.. that is if they cant communicate now. I think getting the information from other tribes about their voting patterns and finding out where the wolves are will be just as important and could lead us to getting rid of more wolves before tribes join later and mess up the numbers.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #1202
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Ok Lathum, I understand your point about the wolves communicating thing.. but right now if I was the helsing wolf if I couldnt communicate to others, I know exactly what I would be doing...

Tonight I would try to find the other wolf in Lupus. It wouldnt take too long to do so (if they havent already) and soon enough would have a team to start killing Oz anyways.

I think with-holding the information (if the wolves cant communicate) only gives us 1 or 2 days most of an edge on them. In all fairness, there is just as good of a chance or better that they can already communicate and there are other reasons for no night kills yet.

I wonder if we could let Oz win this challenge. Then they could view our thread, and know that they don't have to worry about anyone in their group.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:01 AM   #1203
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
they actually only have 7 people to search because you can cross off our whole team too with only 1 wolf

Thats true.. Not counting us and Oz, there are 2 wolves in 7 players out there between Lupus and Howard.

I really feel that our best path is to get this information flowing. If Lathum is right, the worst it does is just accelerates the wolf's killing by 1 day. But it will be far more important for us in trying to hunt out the wolves.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:02 AM   #1204
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I wonder if we could let Oz win this challenge. Then they could view our thread, and know that they don't have to worry about anyone in their group.

Cant really say lets let Oz win this challenge without giving away they have 0 wolves.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #1205
SnDvls
Pro Starter

to touch on something from the main thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
This is a very good suggestion. I now think there is a wolf on our team and on Helsing.

does anyone else think path was dropping hints here?
it would play into the "wolves don't know eachother yet" theory
if you were to assume he's a wolf and trying to direct other wolves his way.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #1206
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Speaking of which.. man if we finish last in this challenge, whoever wins will have a boatload of reading to catch up on.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #1207
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Cant really say lets let Oz win this challenge without giving away they have 0 wolves.

Can we help Oz win somehow? Maybe add to their wiki entry instead of our own? Maybe sabotage the other teams' entries (are we allowed to mess with other tribes' wiki entries, Barkeep)?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:03 AM   #1208
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I have no problem with getting the information out there, but I want to know if there was any indication given to OZ the raiders was a wolf
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:04 AM   #1209
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Man, it's kind of a shame that Oz didn't win this last challenge.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:05 AM   #1210
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have no problem with getting the information out there, but I want to know if there was any indication given to OZ the raiders was a wolf

Well the seer is on oz isnt he?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 AM   #1211
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

I agree -- but it's almost too much info to give out to the rest of the group. It does kind of seem like we shouldn't even give this info out at all.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:08 AM   #1212
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I agree -- but it's almost too much info to give out to the rest of the group. It does kind of seem like we shouldn't even give this info out at all.

BARKEEP

can the seer look at any tribe or just people in their own tribe?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:09 AM   #1213
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I think helping the wolves identify who the seer is/might be is probably bad too.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 AM   #1214
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I confirmed that there is 1 wolf in Lupus.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:19 AM   #1215
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Now I'm getting worried -- the first response is amenable to our suggestion. I'm really starting to think we should not let this info get out, even if they do disclose tribal council results. Am I too paranoid?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:20 AM   #1216
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That's cool, Wednesday. Kinda cool that we have one wolf narrowed down pretty well.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:24 AM   #1217
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Wow, five people in this forum -- hoopsguy and 4 members of Helsing. No wonder we're kicking so much butt!
Old 02-09-2007, 10:30 AM   #1218
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Now I'm getting worried -- the first response is amenable to our suggestion. I'm really starting to think we should not let this info get out, even if they do disclose tribal council results. Am I too paranoid?

I think you are being too paranoid. I honestly feel its only a matter of time for a wolf to hunt down his friend in Lupus and then the one in Howard. I think we need to move forward with this information at some point today..

Also so we dont forget about the challenge, I'm putting together something really quick as a first rough draft that everyone can add to/edit/work with for OOTP.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:34 AM   #1219
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

GE's comment leads me to believe they found out raiders is was a wolf
Old 02-09-2007, 10:37 AM   #1220
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I noticed that too
Old 02-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #1221
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok this is what I have so far guys. I tried to put in a decent backstory and decent game play.

Out of the Park Baseball>>

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia>>

Out of the Park Baseball (sometimes abbreviated to OOTP) was originally written in 1998, when lead developer Markus Heinsohn had the vision to combine a highly realistic replay baseball simulation with career play. His goal was to create a game that satisfied both hardcore baseball fans and casual gamers, who like the idea of running a virtual baseball franchise as well as re-creating realistic statistical contests.
The first version was released in May 1999, with the help of Sean Lahman who sold the game through his website www.baseball1.com. The initial version of the game was very promising and received outstanding ratings from several online gaming sites. The breakthrough release came in 2001, when the constantly evolving and always improving OOTP 3 received outstanding reviews and became the game to beat in the baseball simulation world.>>
Gameplay>>

The new release Out of the Park Baseball 2007 features the traditional American League and National Leagues including all thirty Major League Baseball teams. In addition to the Major league teams, you can take full control of each team’s farm system as well as the players in the minor leagues. A new feature in OOTP2006 brought the addition of International leagues that you can either play in instead of the MLB, or simply use them to scout for new talent for your team. >>
Other versions>>

In 2002, Markus released a retail store version of OOTP called Season Ticket Baseball. The primary difference between Season Ticket Baseball and OOTP was for a slightly cheaper price you would be able to buy the game on a disk as opposed to downloading it. There were other minor feature differences between the two versions that explained the lower cost. >>
A second version of Season Ticket Baseball, titled Season Ticket Baseball 2003 was released the following year as well.>>
The following season, Markus released a new game titled Inside the Park Baseball. ItPB allowed you to take an individual baseball player and help train and “raise” him to be the best baseball player possible. You followed your player’s career from the time before your draft, through the minor leagues till one day you might get called up to the Major Leagues. Inside the Park Baseball was designed to work together with OOTP5 where you were able to insert your player into an OOTP5 season and see how well you performed. >>
External links>>
Old 02-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #1222
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

hmmm those smileys shouldnt be there.. one sec.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #1223
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Out of the Park Baseball

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Out of the Park Baseball (sometimes abbreviated to OOTP) was originally written in 1998, when lead developer Markus Heinsohn had the vision to combine a highly realistic replay baseball simulation with career play. His goal was to create a game that satisfied both hardcore baseball fans and casual gamers, who like the idea of running a virtual baseball franchise as well as re-creating realistic statistical contests.

The first version was released in May 1999, with the help of Sean Lahman who sold the game through his website www.baseball1.com. The initial version of the game was very promising and received outstanding ratings from several online gaming sites. The breakthrough release came in 2001, when the constantly evolving and always improving OOTP 3 received outstanding reviews and became the game to beat in the baseball simulation world.

Gameplay

The new release Out of the Park Baseball 2007 features the traditional American League and National Leagues including all thirty Major League Baseball teams. In addition to the Major league teams, you can take full control of each team’s farm system as well as the players in the minor leagues. A new feature in OOTP2006 brought the addition of International leagues that you can either play in instead of the MLB, or simply use them to scout for new talent for your team.

Other versions

In 2002, Markus released a retail store version of OOTP called Season Ticket Baseball. The primary difference between Season Ticket Baseball and OOTP was for a slightly cheaper price you would be able to buy the game on a disk as opposed to downloading it. There were other minor feature differences between the two versions that explained the lower cost.

A second version of Season Ticket Baseball, titled Season Ticket Baseball 2003 was released the following year as well.

The following season, Markus released a new game titled Inside the Park Baseball. ItPB allowed you to take an individual baseball player and help train and “raise” him to be the best baseball player possible. You followed your player’s career from the time before your draft, through the minor leagues till one day you might get called up to the Major Leagues. Inside the Park Baseball was designed to work together with OOTP5 where you were able to insert your player into an OOTP5 season and see how well you performed.

External links
Old 02-09-2007, 10:40 AM   #1224
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BARKEEP

can the seer look at any tribe or just people in their own tribe?
The seer knows the answer to this.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:42 AM   #1225
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

grrrrrrrr

Lupus seems willing to exchange information. Should we explore that option with them?
Old 02-09-2007, 10:45 AM   #1226
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I want to see what the others have to say as well

if we accept now on Lupus it basically tells the other tribes they don't need to do anything and we'll give everyone the info for just Lupus' info.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #1227
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

lets prod the other tribes some more.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:47 AM   #1228
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think you are being too paranoid. I honestly feel its only a matter of time for a wolf to hunt down his friend in Lupus and then the one in Howard. I think we need to move forward with this information at some point today..

This doesn't help ease my paranoia. Maybe we should give selected info -- maybe everything but Oz? Or maybe just us (to show we're not hiding things about ourselves) and Lupus (to get that wolf)? If we give everything but Oz, the wolves might know something is up with them. If we leave Oz and Howard a mystery, the wolves won't know where to target.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:48 AM   #1229
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I want to see what the others have to say as well

if we accept now on Lupus it basically tells the other tribes they don't need to do anything and we'll give everyone the info for just Lupus' info.

No way -- I was under the impression we weren't talking until they do. If they're willing to let us know, they might as well let us know first -- it's all pointless is we go first.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:52 AM   #1230
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This doesn't help ease my paranoia. Maybe we should give selected info -- maybe everything but Oz? Or maybe just us (to show we're not hiding things about ourselves) and Lupus (to get that wolf)? If we give everything but Oz, the wolves might know something is up with them. If we leave Oz and Howard a mystery, the wolves won't know where to target.

I still don't understand how much this helps us though. Arguably the wolves in Helsing and Lupus can pair up today/tonight/soon then its just a case of guessing which 1 of the 3 remaining Howard members is a wolf.

The fact Howard has 4 people and has a tribal decision today I think its even more important to provide them information about their tribe today.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:55 AM   #1231
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

No, we need to push all tribes to agree. We have not way of just feeding the info to Lupus. But in the end we need to get it out to everyone as well.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 10:58 AM   #1232
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
No, we need to push all tribes to agree. We have not way of just feeding the info to Lupus. But in the end we need to get it out to everyone as well.

Well I called out Howard on it, seems Oz and Lupus are being a bit more forthcoming. So lets see what happen.s
Old 02-09-2007, 11:06 AM   #1233
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Is it just me or does Jonathan seem a little to eager to share information?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:09 AM   #1234
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is it just me or does Jonathan seem a little to eager to share information?

If anyone, it was Kwhit who first jumped out at the chance to share.. but I'm not sure thats a really bad thing or not. I bet the villagers on those teams are really interested in finding out if they have a wolf or not, especially Howard since they have tribal council today.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:10 AM   #1235
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I still don't understand how much this helps us though. Arguably the wolves in Helsing and Lupus can pair up today/tonight/soon then its just a case of guessing which 1 of the 3 remaining Howard members is a wolf.

The fact Howard has 4 people and has a tribal decision today I think its even more important to provide them information about their tribe today.

How exactly will that help them, though?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:22 AM   #1236
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
How exactly will that help them, though?

Well i assume if there were 4 of us and I found out we had 2 wolves, I would be reading into all kinds of things people said. Otherwise if there were 4 of us and i was told we had 0 wolves, I would focus more on voting someone who helps the team the least since we were all villagers.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #1237
Passacaglia
Coordinator

True enough....I think that's a small sacrifice, though, to give that up, compared to letting everyone know about Oz.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:23 AM   #1238
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Did a little more work on the current challenge. Added in some more background stuff:

Out of the Park Baseball

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Out of the Park Baseball (sometimes abbreviated to OOTP) is a text-based baseball simulator for career, MLB-historical and fictional play. OOTP was originally written in 1998, when lead developer Markus Heinsohn had the vision to combine a highly realistic replay baseball simulation with career play. His goal was to create a game that satisfied both hardcore baseball fans and casual gamers, who like the idea of running a virtual baseball franchise as well as re-creating realistic statistical contests.

The first version was released in May 1999, with the help of Sean Lahman who sold the game through his website www.baseball1.com. The initial version of the game was very promising and received outstanding ratings from several online gaming sites. The breakthrough release came in 2001, when the constantly evolving and always improving OOTP 3 received outstanding reviews and became the game to beat in the baseball simulation world.

In 2002, Markus joined with several other indepenant text simulation writers to form the new company .400 software studios. .400 software studios was responsible for the release of OOTP5. Markus and a few other programmers split away from .400 software studios in mid 2003 to continue work on the OOTP series as well as the upcoming Inside the Park Baseball game.

In 2005, the game was purchased by Sports Interactive, makers of Football Manager and NHL Eastside Hockey Manager. Heinsohn remains the primary creative force behind the game. The developers claims OOTP as the most realistic baseball simulation in market. Out of the Park Baseball 2006 is the seventh version of the game, and was released on May 31, 2006.

Out of the Park Baseball 2007 is the eighth version of the game and will be released in March 23, 2007.

Gameplay

The new release Out of the Park Baseball 2007 features the traditional American League and National Leagues including all thirty Major League Baseball teams. In addition to the Major league teams, you can take full control of each team’s farm system as well as the players in the minor leagues. A new feature in OOTP2006 brought the addition of International leagues that you can either play in instead of the MLB, or simply use them to scout for new talent for your team.

Other versions

In 2002, Markus released a retail store version of OOTP called Season Ticket Baseball. The primary difference between Season Ticket Baseball and OOTP was for a slightly cheaper price you would be able to buy the game on a disk as opposed to downloading it. There were other minor feature differences between the two versions that explained the lower cost.

A second version of Season Ticket Baseball, titled Season Ticket Baseball 2003 was released the following year as well.

The following season, Markus released a new game titled Inside the Park Baseball. ItPB allowed you to take an individual baseball player and help train and “raise” him to be the best baseball player possible. You followed your player’s career from the time before your draft, through the minor leagues till one day you might get called up to the Major Leagues. Inside the Park Baseball was designed to work together with OOTP5 where you were able to insert your player into an OOTP5 season and see how well you performed.

External links
Old 02-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #1239
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Barkeep -- I'm assuming we can't, but just in case -- can we change other teams' wiki entries?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:25 AM   #1240
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
True enough....I think that's a small sacrifice, though, to give that up, compared to letting everyone know about Oz.

I don't understand this though.. there is what a 60/40 chance that the wolves already know each other (even if they can't communicate).. even in the smaller chance that they don't know each other, its only a short matter of time (maybe later today) when the Helsing wolf tracks down the Lupus wolf. Then he has another 33% chance of tracking down the wolf in Howard.

THe wolves (if they don't know each other already), probably will by monday or tuesday of next week. So the only people we keep this information from is everyone else who actually have the ability to track down who the wolves are.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:28 AM   #1241
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Also.. if I was a seer in Oz, I likely would be scanning my tribe till I find a wolf. If Raiders was a wolf, it would only be hit or miss if I continue scanning my tribe or not. I -might- go and scan other tribes, but even if I did hit on someone in another tribe as a wolf, the only way I could really tell someone would be to out myself.

So there is a chance the Oz seer continues until he finds everyone in oz is good. If we provide the information, then he doesn't have to waste his time anymore and now the seer only has 6 people after today to scan for 2 of the 3 wolves. If the seer can pick out the 2 wolves in Howard and Lupus, then thats worth outing himself most likely.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #1242
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I have no idea the chance that the wolves know each other. And yeah, the Helsing wolf can find the Lupus wolf in a day or two, I'm sure -- although I don't know what you mean by later today -- do you mean the end of the day? I guess I'm thinking if we let the Howard wolf (or even the Lupus wolf) know about Oz now, they will find each other twice as fast.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:32 AM   #1243
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Also.. if I was a seer in Oz, I likely would be scanning my tribe till I find a wolf. If Raiders was a wolf, it would only be hit or miss if I continue scanning my tribe or not. I -might- go and scan other tribes, but even if I did hit on someone in another tribe as a wolf, the only way I could really tell someone would be to out myself.

So there is a chance the Oz seer continues until he finds everyone in oz is good. If we provide the information, then he doesn't have to waste his time anymore and now the seer only has 6 people after today to scan for 2 of the 3 wolves. If the seer can pick out the 2 wolves in Howard and Lupus, then thats worth outing himself most likely.

I agree with this -- that's why I think we should let Oz see our thread. Although the idea of a tribal council in Helsing doesn't thrill me -- first off, I don't want to risk dying, and secondly, we have a poor chance of getting a wolf.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:33 AM   #1244
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

The more of the discussion in the public thread I read, the more I think we have to get the information out there.

I also think that it is the best idea to probably take up St.cronin's plea to let the team with the seer win the challenge. Oz has the seer and no wolves.. We really need to try to convince the other teams to let them win..

I think we need to reveal this information and then ensure that team wins immunity. Then the seer will have access to the losing team's thread to be able to pick out a new target. I think its the best path to win.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:34 AM   #1245
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I agree with this -- that's why I think we should let Oz see our thread. Although the idea of a tribal council in Helsing doesn't thrill me -- first off, I don't want to risk dying, and secondly, we have a poor chance of getting a wolf.

Unfortunatly there is no real good way to let Oz see this thread other than letting people know Oz needs to see this thread, and at that point we might as well provide the information.

I think we need to give the info out there, and then protect Oz as best as possible.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:37 AM   #1246
SnDvls
Pro Starter

The only problem I see is how do you throw a judged competition?

not submit a thing?
well if the other 3 all don't submit we all go to tribal correct?
Old 02-09-2007, 11:38 AM   #1247
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only problem I see is how do you throw a judged competition?

not submit a thing?
well if the other 3 all don't submit we all go to tribal correct?

Well if one team tries really hard, and the others just submit basic things (like along the lines of what I have already done).. the judges can still rank the other three teams based on the quality of what was done.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:39 AM   #1248
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well if one team tries really hard, and the others just submit basic things (like along the lines of what I have already done).. the judges can still rank the other three teams based on the quality of what was done.

that doesn't guarantee Oz will see this thread though unless we are "judged" the worst.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:41 AM   #1249
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
that doesn't guarantee Oz will see this thread though unless we are "judged" the worst.

Oh I thought you meant how do you guarantuee that Oz wins. I don't see how you can get everyone to gurantuee Oz wins unless you provide the info (which i think we should do anyways)...

Even though Howard doesnt sound like they want to let Oz win anyways (not sure if they will change their mind if they hear Oz has 0 wolves).. RIght now though Path is setting off all kinds of wolf alarms for me.
Old 02-09-2007, 11:44 AM   #1250
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Oh I thought you meant how do you guarantuee that Oz wins. I don't see how you can get everyone to gurantuee Oz wins unless you provide the info (which i think we should do anyways)...

Even though Howard doesnt sound like they want to let Oz win anyways (not sure if they will change their mind if they hear Oz has 0 wolves).. RIght now though Path is setting off all kinds of wolf alarms for me.

I can see letting Oz win, but how do you keep us out of Tribal as well...you have to put together a good page, well that means you could actually hurt Oz.

It's a subjective challenge that is what makes this one a hard one to throw.