Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-10-2007, 06:30 AM   #1201
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE LIST:
Mr Bug- Raiders Army (981), Crim (1010), ArlingtonColt (1015), Pass (1028), Cronin (1044), Oliegirl (1136), Path (1151)

Cronin- Render (992), Mr Bug (1055), PurdueBrad (1148), Hoops (1200)
Purdue Brad- EagleFan (1016)
RendeR- Chief (1191)

Is this right as of now?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:33 AM   #1202
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Guys and gal, I am out for the next day-ish. I will almost definitely NOT be checking in Monday until late at night. I have sent a conditional-vote pm to Lathum for his consideration, but i will totally understand if he considers this a bad precedent to set, and chooses not to allow it.

It is entirely possible that I will either get killed Night Four (especially if I'm right about MrBug), and with the info that comes out of the Monday morning lynch/night actions, it's even possible that I become a candidate for a Day Five lynch.

Hedging against that possibility, I want to get my suspicions and hunches out for village consumption, so in the case of my death some more info might be gleaned. Some of this I've been vocal about, some I've kept to myself until now. None of this would shock me if incorrect!

#1 MrBug708 is my prime suspect. Been acting funny since Day One.
#2 st.cronin is next. This is a weird one for me, because part of the reason that I have him elevated on my bad list is that he's so dangerous if a wolf, and because I think Chief Rum is playing it straight.
#3 Eagle Fan. This is very hunchy in nature. Actually got here based on some thoughts triggered by hoopsguy.
#4 ArlingtonColt. Has barely said a word this game, it seems. Even when voting, there's nothing in the way of explanation. Could be busy, could be unsure of himself, or could be cautiously keeping us from reading too much into his posts.

My Trust List:
#1 and 1a: Crim and Daddy. Obviously.
#2 hoopsguy. has defended me (correctly), shares some of my suspicions but not all. great asset to the village (andIhopelikehellI'mrightabouthim).
#3 Chief Rum. Mostly because I agree with him vs. cronin's arguments. Similar to hoops, in that he's a great asset, but God help us if he's sucking us in.

Persons of interest (no particular order):
oliegirl - votes good, but I get a vibe...
RendeR - his early game gave me the creeps. And the cleaning bill in Barkeep's room will be very expensive.
path12 - he's a mystery. It's like, it seems like he's been involved, but when I went back to review his posts, there was very little there.

Crim, can't believe I'm saying this, but I appreciate not being a person of suspicion, wish I would've been on the trust list, and I guess it's fine not to be on the persons of interest list. Could I at least, I don't know, get on a persons of apathy list or maybe just a persons list?
Old 09-10-2007, 06:56 AM   #1203
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I voted for Bug in Post 1028.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:38 AM   #1204
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Heh...newbie entusiasm.

Great post, Crim. That does highlight some interesting decisions by cronin, and some of that is probably why I have a bad vibe from him (even before tonight).

One thing is for sure--if cronin is a wolf, he would want to debunk my theory about NC and that list, because it will almost certainly have all of the remaining wolves on it if true (with a non-NC Goth being the only likely possibility otherwise).

It's difficult for me, because the more I like it, the more I think I want to vote for cronin. But I want to vote for him for the right reasons, not because we're on different sides of the argument tonight. I also would like to get the vote closer--Bug is in a runaway right now, and we don't learn anything from that.

But I also sorta think cronin isn't a wolf. He wouldn't get this agitated. He also wouldn't make this mistake if he were a wolf, because veteran wolves are usually extremely dialed in to these games.

I'm going to go on my gut, a feeling I have had since he admitted to killing Barkeep.

VOTE RENDER

But I wouldn't bat an eye if either cronin or Bug ends up the lynch target. They're on my list, too.

Interesting choice by you a very strong veteran player. Can you give us a reasoning behind this since it seems to me, and to most others apparently, that if I were a wolf and killed BK it'd be moronic of me to have admitted as much?

The more I read your arguments and Cronin's arguments the more I get a good cop bad cop feel from you both. I'm beginning to think we're all being played by two preofessional wolves in this game. Cronin argues one side of the situation, you argue the other so it looks like its one or the other of you when in fact you're just gathering enough trust on each side to keep you both alive.

Your argument honestly doesn't hold water. Your theory IMO is far from the most probable play by NC. You seem to be falling into the "he doth protest too much" category.

I'll keep my vote on Cronin for today, but Your next on the "you're starting to freak me out" list. I do not trust you Chief Rum, I do not trust you here or there, I do not trust you anywhere.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:40 AM   #1205
RendeR
Coordinator

7 - Mr Bug- Raiders Army (981), Crim (1010), ArlingtonColt (1015), Pass (1028), Cronin (1044), Oliegirl (1136), Path (1151)
4 - Cronin- Render (992), Mr Bug (1055), PurdueBrad (1148), Hoops (1200)
1 - PurdueBrad- EagleFan (1016)
1 - RendeR- Chief (1191)

just to add numbers to make this easier to read =)
Old 09-10-2007, 07:52 AM   #1206
st.cronin
General Manager

I'll be honest, both hoopsguy and Chief Rum are "freaking me out a bit." Both are being more manipulative than usual, and both have cast bad votes today - hoops voting for me, a villager, when he originally had his vote elsewhere (maybe moving to save mr.bug?), and Chief a throwaway vote on one of the players I have the highest level of trust for.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 07:59 AM   #1207
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Crim, can't believe I'm saying this, but I appreciate not being a person of suspicion, wish I would've been on the trust list, and I guess it's fine not to be on the persons of interest list. Could I at least, I don't know, get on a persons of apathy list or maybe just a persons list?

ditto
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:00 AM   #1208
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Deadline?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:01 AM   #1209
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

deadline

and for those of you who have played in games I have moderated it is amazing I am awake at the morning deadline
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #1210
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Accusations once again fly and it seems today stretches on forever. Several names surface as a potential wolf but in the end you all decide it is Mr.Bug who must die.

You all mob him. Smeone grabs a liquor bottle from the bar, smashes it, and thrusts it into MrBugs neck. He begins to squirt blood everywher and twitches uncontrolaby as he falls to his death.

A quick search of his locker reveals nothing special, he was an ordinary villager.

Night actions to follow.

Last edited by Lathum : 09-10-2007 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:08 AM   #1211
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Score, we got a wolf!!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:09 AM   #1212
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Score, we got a wolf!!

ehh, my bad. He was a villager.

Like I said, I am still 90% sleeping

the above reflects a mistake I made by putting bug was an ordinary wolf, I have fixed it to say villager.

Last edited by Lathum : 09-10-2007 at 08:12 AM.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #1213
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Darn, that woke me up mid-faculty meeting. Back to the drawing board I guess.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #1214
RendeR
Coordinator

BOOYAH, thats 2 of 4 (IMO)
Old 09-10-2007, 08:11 AM   #1215
RendeR
Coordinator

DOHH!!!!!
Old 09-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #1216
RendeR
Coordinator

So give us an official correction, in red so no-one misses it. He was actually a villager?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #1217
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
So give us an official correction, in red so no-one misses it. He was actually a villager?

already done
Old 09-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #1218
RendeR
Coordinator

Now I'm even more convinced of Rum and Cronin in cahouts and I think Crim is the last one of a total of 4 wolves afte conversion of NC on night 1.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:14 AM   #1219
RendeR
Coordinator

Where?
Old 09-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #1220
RendeR
Coordinator

nevermind, I got it, my cahe is acting up today.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:15 AM   #1221
RendeR
Coordinator

Cache even
Old 09-10-2007, 08:17 AM   #1222
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

You all wake up feeling horrible about last nights happenings. You gather in the restaurant, giving a wide berth to the body of MrBug and the congeled pool of blood.

You realize one from your diminishing numbers is missing. Daddytorgo is nowhere to be found!!

You make your way to the Members only locker room and find hos mangled body ripped apart.

Daddytorgo was the Club Member.

Day 5 has begun.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #1223
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Now I'm even more convinced of Rum and Cronin in cahouts and I think Crim is the last one of a total of 4 wolves afte conversion of NC on night 1.

Surprisingly, the numbers of people I question have grown after all this. Crim pushed pretty hard core for Mr. Bug, Rum and Cronin's discussion prompted me to go for Cronin but maybe you're right regarding Chief's allegiances, and I have one more that I'm now going to check on as well given something that Chief brought up as a possibility.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:20 AM   #1224
st.cronin
General Manager

Well, two things happen which don't surprise me:

I am dosed by the bartender, and DaddyTorgo is killed.

knives out
Old 09-10-2007, 08:22 AM   #1225
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

If one wolf is dosed does it stop all night actions? I guess I need an answer to this if I'm to consider moving Cronin down on my list.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:23 AM   #1226
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

NM, I think I have my answer from the rules.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #1227
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
If one wolf is dosed does it stop all night actions? I guess I need an answer to this if I'm to consider moving Cronin down on my list.

My guess is no, that the wolves have to send in a name. If the bartender guesses the right wolf, that blocks the kill.

Obviously Lathum can clarify, but I'd be pretty surprised if it didn't work that way.

knives out
Old 09-10-2007, 08:26 AM   #1228
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah, that was what I surmised from the rules as well.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:27 AM   #1229
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

I believe we decided early on that it couldn't stop them totally as that would be a pretty potent defensive mechanism and would be a bit unbalanced for the village.

I still believe that Cronin, Chief and perhaps now Crim are the wolves and will vote accordingly this evening.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:29 AM   #1230
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm very concerned about hoopsguy and Chief Rum. Chief Rum, in particular, when I'm a wolf I believe in killing him early. I'm also nervous about Raiders Army and Arlington Colt. And did Mr.Dna make a vote yesterday? I show him as missing the vote.

Vote Hoopsguy

This is just an instinct vote, subject to change.

knives out
Old 09-10-2007, 08:31 AM   #1231
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I believe we decided early on that it couldn't stop them totally as that would be a pretty potent defensive mechanism and would be a bit unbalanced for the village.

I still believe that Cronin, Chief and perhaps now Crim are the wolves and will vote accordingly this evening.

Can you lay this out logically for me? I'm a bit wary of Crim and Chief, but I would be surprised if they were BOTH wolves. And I'm sure I'm not a wolf, but the case against me is ... ?

knives out
Old 09-10-2007, 08:33 AM   #1232
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Crim's adament move towards Mr. Bug bothers me, maybe even more than the Cronin vs. Rum discussion (and the fact that Crim wants us to go there next according to an earlier post I believe). So if we can keep Cronin's actions locked up, it may be a time to go for Crim.

vote Crim
Old 09-10-2007, 08:36 AM   #1233
st.cronin
General Manager

PB, I'm not willing to hang anybody for voting Mr. Bug. The case against Mr. Bug was very strong.

knives out
Old 09-10-2007, 08:36 AM   #1234
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I misread his post I think or am missing the one I'm looking for. This will be a quick unvote.

unvote Crim for now.
Old 09-10-2007, 08:47 AM   #1235
MrBug708
Head Coach

Thanks guys
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:51 AM   #1236
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

shit. i didn't realize we had a 9 AM deadline today. Must have misread that in all the football-watching I did yesterday.

I had one post after-death but I will delete it right now. Just saying I agree with something someone else posted.

Dammit...good luck villagers.

I'm pissed at myself I didn't realize there was a 9am deadline or I would have thrown some thoughts out there on the train.

*stupid DT*
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 08:59 AM   #1237
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
PB, I'm not willing to hang anybody for voting Mr. Bug. The case against Mr. Bug was very strong.

You know what, Hoops called out for me to a bit more decisive so here we go. Your defense of Crim here bothers me two different ways.

re-vote Crim and hopes the bt locks you up for another night until we can either clear you or keep you out of the action.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:07 AM   #1238
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Well I was dead wrong in my assumptions obviously. I just thought his voting actions made him very suspicious. I'll have to go back and look at some voting patterns to see where I'm going this week. It has been a good first swim through the game and hopefully in games to come I will be more proactive.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:11 AM   #1239
RendeR
Coordinator

My case against you Cronin is rather weak, however, when I couple that mild suspicion with the constant back and forth between you and CR, and the fact that CR is aruging like a lame duck screams at me that you two are working the game together. Its just not the usual stuff from you two, it feels almost forced.

Crim I suspect largely due to his adamant hunting of Bug, however that could just be overzealousness on Crim's part, but it also could be you two playing your game and garnering trust on two sides while he goes out and acts the part of the hunter.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:16 AM   #1240
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My case against you Cronin is rather weak, however, when I couple that mild suspicion with the constant back and forth between you and CR, and the fact that CR is aruging like a lame duck screams at me that you two are working the game together. Its just not the usual stuff from you two, it feels almost forced.

Crim I suspect largely due to his adamant hunting of Bug, however that could just be overzealousness on Crim's part, but it also could be you two playing your game and garnering trust on two sides while he goes out and acts the part of the hunter.

This is what is making me think that there could still be a Goth out there after all. I feel good about my vote and think that one of the two veterans could still be a goth just looking at the attenion being drummed up by the discussion.
Old 09-10-2007, 09:17 AM   #1241
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

BTW, apparently in my world today, attenion=attention
Old 09-10-2007, 09:22 AM   #1242
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I don't know what to think at this point...I was so sure that we'd gotten a wolf last night I'm at work, and the only one here today so I'm not sure how active I'll be, just depends on the calls...I'll be reading over everything and will contribute when I can.

I'm still a villager and I still have my serving tray
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:34 AM   #1243
st.cronin
General Manager

One quick hit before I head off to class, which I forgot to mention earlier:

The thing which first got me suspicious of hoops was the duke play the other day. DT put out 4 names, only one of whom had claimed to have an item of protection. Hoopsguy helped steer DT to molson, that player. That sequence bugged me, and still bugs me.

knives out
Old 09-10-2007, 09:54 AM   #1244
hoopsguy
General Manager

Cronin, I understand you being suspicious when I put the vote on you. I had said earlier that I didn't like either of the top two candidates in comparison to Path, but no one moved on him. So when I woke up this morning, I asked myself who was more likely to be a wolf - you or Bug? At this point, I still believe you based upon the fact that Bug is now a proven villager.

Will post much more this afternoon - sneaking in a peek at a client right now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #1245
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Despite the above, I'm still going to follow my gut here and take a shot with Path. If no one follows, then I'll be around in the morning to move it to one of the two leaders to avoid a "wasted vote". But it will be several hours prior to the deadline, so I'm not sure how much value it will have in preventing deadline hijinks.

I'm not worked up about a vote for me, but I don't understand why the move to RPI seems so suspicious.

Here was the situation. As a day one villager, I have no idea who is who. We have a person in the lead (NC) who then reveals as the seer. It makes perfect sense to me to take that at his word for day 1 and switch to the person who is next in line as far as votes.

It only becomes suspicious in hindsight when we learn that Neon is a wolf and that RPI was the real seer -- but there was no way to know that beforehand.

That's what I think really sucks -- I don't think we learned much of anything from either day 1 or 2 voting.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:19 AM   #1246
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, it wasn't the move. It was the fact that I believe a wolf would have been on the leading vote getter. There were two votes pre-"reveal", mine and Telle's. I know I'm not a wolf. We all know Telle wasn't a wolf. So that leaves me with the three votes that took place after the reveal - you, Cronin, and Bug. And now that list is down to two people.

Is it a sure thing that there was a wolf in that list? Nope, but I'm open to other theories people want to advance. And if someone else wants to jump on that theory and include me in the mix for discussion I get that as well.

The other point I had last night was that I wonder where four (does anyone think there were less?) starting wolves would hide their votes if not on the leading candidate or on one of the runners-up in DaddyTorgo? RendeR is the only person left voting DT on Day 1 (tied for runner-up with three votes) who is still alive. If they didn't dump them on DT or RPI, then where the heck did they put their votes? That is why I'm focusing on the RPI votes until someone can convince me they have a better approach.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 10:59 AM   #1247
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

vote st. cronin

In case I can't get back on before tonight. Will detail later if needed (also if I can get back on).
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:02 AM   #1248
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Does anyone have any kind of read on Mr. DNA? Is it a common play for a wolf or villager to lay so low and even miss a vote?
Old 09-10-2007, 11:11 AM   #1249
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Does anyone have any kind of read on Mr. DNA? Is it a common play for a wolf or villager to lay so low and even miss a vote?

None, he's so under the radar he might as well not be playing.

is that suspicious? probably should be, do I have any evidence to vote for him on? nope.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:23 AM   #1250
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Vote count (so far):

Hoops- St. Cronin (1230)

Crim- Purdue Brad (1237)

St. Cronin- Eagle Fan (1247)