Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2007, 09:48 PM   #1201
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I never would have guessed Noah's fg % was that low. I still think he'll be a good pro, though.

If his normal game is like what I have seen tonight, I can see why it's low. He's not a post guy. He's a face the basket guy who doesn't seem to like the physical stuff underneath. If you're taking 10 feet fadeaways and 15 foot jumpers, it's harder to get the high FG%.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:50 PM   #1202
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Well, according to your legendary coach, John Wooten, you shouldn't prepare a scheme for a particular opponent. According to his philosophy, you run your plan to perfection, and make the other guy adjust.

You and Hodge must be blood brothers. It's Wooden.

A Wooten is a backup journeyman infielder.

And in that respect, Howland stuck with the scheme that worked in the past. Only it didn't work.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 03-31-2007 at 09:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 PM   #1203
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You and Hodge must be blood brothers. It's Wooden.

Aaagh, I know that, as well. Friggin' spell check likes Wooten as well as Wooden.

But not 'Aaagh' or 'Friggin''
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:54 PM   #1204
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Dola,

I'm also very disappointed in you, CR. You are taking this extremely well. I was expecting an epic GE style rant on your part.

Old 03-31-2007, 09:59 PM   #1205
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
dola, I was really bummed we didn't get Babbitt, but if we recover with Gordon and also bring in Holliday, I'll be happy. Then get the Wear twins and/or Sidney in '09.

Alex Legion is rumored to have been let out of his LOI. The Wear twins are near locks for UCLA, Jrue is not likely
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 09:59 PM   #1206
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola,

I'm also very disappointed in you, CR. You are taking this extremely well. I was expecting an epic GE style rant on your part.

lol...naw, you have me misread. While I admit freely to homerism, I am usually the more under control Bruin poster, much like you with Texas.

MrBug (and I think he'll admit to it) is much more prone to the UCLA histrionics. What I am to you, he is to IMTG (but he isn't a butthole).
Old 03-31-2007, 10:02 PM   #1207
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
lol...naw, you have me misread. While I admit freely to homerism, I am usually the more under control Bruin poster, much like you with Texas.

MrBug (and I think he'll admit to it) is much more prone to the UCLA histrionics. What I am to you, he is to IMTG (but he isn't a butthole).

Well, when one of your guys makes a clean sweep of the season ending 'Player of the Year' awards, it makes the pain of losing a little less potent.

Just a little, though.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:02 PM   #1208
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ha! I'm fine with this loss, UCLA didnt have the stars like Florida.

And call me an ass (IMTG) why dont ya chief
Old 03-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #1209
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Alex Legion is rumored to have been let out of his LOI. The Wear twins are near locks for UCLA, Jrue is not likely

Yeah, I heard that, and I would love to get Legion, or the other guard Michicgan let go (who is also pretty good, isn't he?). But Jrue seems to have been intrigued by our second straight Final Four and has returned us to the mix (although still behind UNC and UW). The question is if we are willing to give up on Jrue for Legion. Also, we would need to lose someone from this team to bring in Legion. Aflallo could leave or Wright transfer, but we don't know yet if that will happen.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:04 PM   #1210
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:

To be fair, he did call you a 'lesser ass' AKA 'assus minor' as opposed to the IMTG level 'assus major'.

Then there are the GE level supernovas, which are a rare occurence.

Last edited by cartman : 03-31-2007 at 10:05 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:04 PM   #1211
adubroff
High School JV

Quote:
Well, here are their career NCAA Stats. Pretty close, IMO.

Code:
MIN PPG FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG TPG BPG SPG Parks 26.4 12.5 55.1 33.3 75.5 6.7 0.8 1.6 1.8 0.7 Noah 21.0 10.5 45.9 50.0 58.6 6.3 1.7 1.8 1.7 0.9

That shooting percentage for Noah is incorrect. He's shot 60% or better every year he's been in college, here are his stats:

YearNameGPMinPtsFGFGAFG%FTMFTAFT%3Pt3PtA3P%OffDefTOTAstsStlsBlksTOsPFs
04/05Joakim Noah299.43.51.22.160.01.01.857.70.00.00.81.72.50.50.20.70.61.6
05/06Joakim Noah3924.914.25.28.362.73.85.273.30.00.00.02.24.97.12.11.12.41.92.2
06/07Joakim Noah3825.812.24.47.361.23.34.966.70.00.0100.02.65.98.52.31.11.82.52.2
adubroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:05 PM   #1212
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ha! I'm fine with this loss, UCLA didnt have the stars like Florida.

Sheesh, Bug, read it again. I said you have the same passion for your teams that IMTG does (which is a good thing), but you aren't an ass like he is. You've always been cool. You know I know that.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:08 PM   #1213
MrBug708
Head Coach

I am, just giving you crap

Last edited by MrBug708 : 03-31-2007 at 10:08 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:08 PM   #1214
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
To be fair, he did call you a 'lesser ass' AKA 'assus minor' as opposed to the IMTG level 'assus major'.

Then there are the GE level supernovas, which are a rare occurence.

Bug isn't an ass at all. He's one of the nicer people I have gotten to know online. Sorry if I chose a poor comparison. IMTG really is incomparable to anyone. Well, maybe HornsManiac. Wow, cartman, how do you stay levelheaded surrounded by knuckleheads like that?
Old 03-31-2007, 10:09 PM   #1215
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am, just giving you crap

Cool. Glad I didn't ruffle any feathers.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:09 PM   #1216
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubroff View Post
That shooting percentage for Noah is incorrect. He's shot 60% or better every year he's been in college, here are his stats:

My bad. I was looking at the wrong two columns in the spreadsheet I had. I calculated his free throws made vs. his field goals attempted. His FG% should be: 61.8%

But the rest of the stats are correct.

Last edited by cartman : 03-31-2007 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:11 PM   #1217
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Kudos to Florida by the way on the win. The better, more talented team won. Donovan coached them very well, too. Terrific adjustments and using your strengths to dominate.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #1218
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Bug isn't an ass at all. He's one of the nicer people I have gotten to know online. Sorry if I chose a poor comparison. IMTG really is incomparable to anyone. Well, maybe HornsManiac. Wow, cartman, how do you stay levelheaded surrounded by knuckleheads like that?

I've accepted that only he and Huckleberry are the only ones that have any knowledge at all about college football.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:12 PM   #1219
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
My bad. I was looking at the wrong two columns in the spreadsheet I had. I calculated his free throws made vs. his field goals attempted. His FG% should be: 61.8%

But the rest of the stats are correct.

That's more impressive. But he always has been a good shooter. But that shows his skill that he can be a face the basket type and put up a percentage like that. That doesn't mean he's better than Christian Laettner or comparable to Marcus Camby, though.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:13 PM   #1220
cartman
Death Herald

And for the record, I don't have any problem at all with Florida as a program or a team. It's just that Noah pisses me off to no end. It's irrational, but it is what it is.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:14 PM   #1221
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I've accepted that only he and Huckleberry are the only ones that have any knowledge at all about college football.

You should probably get that confirmed from a second, unbiased source then from those two themselves.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:16 PM   #1222
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
And for the record, I don't have any problem at all with Florida as a program or a team. It's just that Noah pisses me off to no end. It's irrational, but it is what it is.

Agreed. Never disliked Florida. In fact, I generally like them best of the three big Florida schools (UCF and Florida International being the others; just kidding Noop). That said, I will be rooting hard for Ohio State on Monday night.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:20 PM   #1223
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Hmm Ohio State versus Florida for the basketball championship... If it is anything like the football championship this shit will be over at half....
Old 03-31-2007, 10:26 PM   #1224
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Hmm Ohio State versus Florida for the basketball championship... If it is anything like the football championship this shit will be over at half....

But not before Oden gets two easy layups and Conley, Jr. hits a 3 to jump out to an early 7-0 lead.

Old 03-31-2007, 10:30 PM   #1225
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah, I heard that, and I would love to get Legion, or the other guard Michicgan let go (who is also pretty good, isn't he?). But Jrue seems to have been intrigued by our second straight Final Four and has returned us to the mix (although still behind UNC and UW). The question is if we are willing to give up on Jrue for Legion. Also, we would need to lose someone from this team to bring in Legion. Aflallo could leave or Wright transfer, but we don't know yet if that will happen.

Harris actually cares about defense but he never favored UCLA but ah well. Could have used Legion tonight.

I think with Jrue it might come down to Howland just taking the guy who wants to commit now. He did that with Anderson and Lee. Drew Jr was shocked I think when Howland didnt wait around for him to visit the world before coming to UCLA. He'll probably end up at Carolina
Old 03-31-2007, 10:52 PM   #1226
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Harris actually cares about defense but he never favored UCLA but ah well. Could have used Legion tonight.

I think with Jrue it might come down to Howland just taking the guy who wants to commit now. He did that with Anderson and Lee. Drew Jr was shocked I think when Howland didnt wait around for him to visit the world before coming to UCLA. He'll probably end up at Carolina

Yup, and I like that. I want recruits to know that if they want the privilege of playing for UCLA's basketball team, they're going to have to make their decisions before other players commit.

Any word on how we're doing with Gordon? Are we back into the mix with him? I see us having big problems in the post in a couple years if we lose Love, Mata, Wright (if he's around) and the Prince after next year. Well, guaranteed we lose Mata.
Old 03-31-2007, 10:52 PM   #1227
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Not to sound like Blackwell or anything, but that color scheme they came up with for the floor for the Final Four is the most god-awful thing I've ever seen on a sports field or court. It looks like something a cat spit up and is an offense to viewers with HDTV. Just the reminder you need everyonce in a while that the NCAA generally hires twits and nitwits to run the organization.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:55 PM   #1228
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Yup, and I like that. I want recruits to know that if they want the privilege of playing for UCLA's basketball team, they're going to have to make their decisions before other players commit.

Any word on how we're doing with Gordon? Are we back into the mix with him? I see us having big problems in the post in a couple years if we lose Love, Mata, Wright (if he's around) and the Prince after next year. Well, guaranteed we lose Mata.

Last I heard we led, but who knows..lol

Not very helpful
Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 PM   #1229
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Not to sound like Blackwell or anything, but that color scheme they came up with for the floor for the Final Four is the most god-awful thing I've ever seen on a sports field or court. It looks like something a cat spit up and is an offense to viewers with HDTV. Just the reminder you need everyonce in a while that the NCAA generally hires twits and nitwits to run the organization.

Ditto. I'd rather see the BCS Championship game be held in Boise than see that color scheme again.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:09 PM   #1230
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post

That wasn't cat spit up. That was Noah.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:18 PM   #1231
adubroff
High School JV

Quote:
That's more impressive. But he always has been a good shooter. But that shows his skill that he can be a face the basket type and put up a percentage like that. That doesn't mean he's better than Christian Laettner or comparable to Marcus Camby, though.

I think it will be interesting with Noah as a pro. I agree that he will not be the shot blocker that Camby is (he's generally among the league leaders). I would say that physically they are very close. They both are tall/thin and love to throw their bodies on the floor. Noah has, through his college years, shot a much higher percentage but he's also been on a much better team. The one area I'm quite sure Noah already is better than Camby is in ball handling. Noah can dribble/pass at a level that not many bigger guys do.

I've also heard a lot of people say that Noah will be better on a good team than a bad one. I think there's some solid logic to that. There are a lot of people who think that Phoenix will use Atlanta's pick on him if he's there for them. I think he'd be a great fit there, they play uptempo and rely on versatile players. I think he'd be a real solid addition for them.

I think it will also be interesting to see what Noah does with Oden (and how often they are matched). I though Hibbert played Oden pretty well, probably really helped his draft status. I tend to think Donovan will rotate all his big guys on Oden on Monday, so it might not be a true test....
Old 03-31-2007, 11:20 PM   #1232
SackAttack
Head Coach

Say, Chief, Bug...if Howland goes to six straight Final Fours but doesn't win a championship, is he going to get Lavined out?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:58 PM   #1233
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
Say, Chief, Bug...if Howland goes to six straight Final Fours but doesn't win a championship, is he going to get Lavined out?

No, he would become Roy Williams and somehow end up at Duke to replace Krzreweski (sc?) and win his first title there.

Seriosuly, I don't think Howland will willingly coach another college team unless he was fired. I could see him leaving for the pros at some point, but that is it. He's as big a UCLA homer as me and Bug.

Keep in mind, he's already gone further than Lavin ever did, twice now.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:03 AM   #1234
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubroff View Post
I think it will be interesting with Noah as a pro. I agree that he will not be the shot blocker that Camby is (he's generally among the league leaders). I would say that physically they are very close. They both are tall/thin and love to throw their bodies on the floor. Noah has, through his college years, shot a much higher percentage but he's also been on a much better team. The one area I'm quite sure Noah already is better than Camby is in ball handling. Noah can dribble/pass at a level that not many bigger guys do.

I've also heard a lot of people say that Noah will be better on a good team than a bad one. I think there's some solid logic to that. There are a lot of people who think that Phoenix will use Atlanta's pick on him if he's there for them. I think he'd be a great fit there, they play uptempo and rely on versatile players. I think he'd be a real solid addition for them.

I think it will also be interesting to see what Noah does with Oden (and how often they are matched). I though Hibbert played Oden pretty well, probably really helped his draft status. I tend to think Donovan will rotate all his big guys on Oden on Monday, so it might not be a true test....

Mostly I agree with here on all of this. I don't see Noah as quite as long with as good reach, though (which is why he isn't on the same level as a potential shotblocker). And Camby seemed tougher to me in college than Noah does now.

The Suns would be an excellent fit for Noah for all the reasons you said. Plus, he would be joining a team with a freakier looking guy than him (Nash), so he'll blend in better. Is the Atlanta pick not lottery-protected?

I think Horford will be on Oden more. I also think their backup (Richardsoin?) will see more time on Oden than Noah. For one thing, Noah and Horford will be on the floor at the same time a lot, and Donovan will only assign one of themt o guard Oden (and I think he'll go with Horford). Donovan will want Noah out toward the edges of the key, where he can use his quickness to get to longer rebounds and outlet pass to get the break going.

We'll see, though. It will be an interesting matchup.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:18 AM   #1235
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Has this ever happened? Football and Basketball championships featuring the same teams?

As much as I can't stand Oden and Ohio St., I think they win this one.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 12:40 AM   #1236
adubroff
High School JV

Quote:

The Suns would be an excellent fit for Noah for all the reasons you said. Plus, he would be joining a team with a freakier looking guy than him (Nash), so he'll blend in better. Is the Atlanta pick not lottery-protected?

Top 3 protected this year, no protection after....It's from the Joe Johnson trade. Phoenix also has a one coming their way from the Cavs(Jiri Welsch). Not bad for a team which is probably top 3 in the league at worst right now. Although, D'Antoni only plays 6-7 guys most nights so who knows if they'll get much from the picks.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:04 AM   #1237
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Noah looks too much like Sangaya from American Idol... However Oden looks like he went to high school with moses malone
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 03:48 AM   #1238
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

If Howland would have had Lavin's talent, he would have won at least 2 titles
Old 04-01-2007, 06:07 AM   #1239
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Noah will be a role player in the NBA. Actually he reminds me most of Anderson Varejao of the Cavs. They are both built the same, both high energy guys, both have very similar games. Varejao is a nice player off the bench who sometimes lights a spark in his team. I see Noah as the same kind of NBA player, but I don't see him ever as an all-star caliber guy.

As for the matchup tomorrow, reminds me a whole lot of the 91 Duke-UNLV game. On paper both look like a one-sided rematch of a previous blow-out featuring defending champions loaded with NBA caliber talent against young up and coming teams that weren't blowing anyone away but just found ways to win. OSU can win, but it will require Florida to be shooting poorly from outside, Oden to stay out of foul trouble, and Horford to get into foul trouble. If those things happen, OSU can, and probably will win. NC State beating Houston, Duke beating UNLV (I know it was a semi-final) and Villanova beating Georgetown were all longer shots than OSU against UF.

Last edited by Leonidas : 04-01-2007 at 06:08 AM.
Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:40 PM   #1240
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Noah will be a role player in the NBA. Actually he reminds me most of Anderson Varejao of the Cavs. They are both built the same, both high energy guys, both have very similar games. Varejao is a nice player off the bench who sometimes lights a spark in his team. I see Noah as the same kind of NBA player, but I don't see him ever as an all-star caliber guy.

As for the matchup tomorrow, reminds me a whole lot of the 91 Duke-UNLV game. On paper both look like a one-sided rematch of a previous blow-out featuring defending champions loaded with NBA caliber talent against young up and coming teams that weren't blowing anyone away but just found ways to win. OSU can win, but it will require Florida to be shooting poorly from outside, Oden to stay out of foul trouble, and Horford to get into foul trouble. If those things happen, OSU can, and probably will win. NC State beating Houston, Duke beating UNLV (I know it was a semi-final) and Villanova beating Georgetown were all longer shots than OSU against UF.

I should certainly hope so considering State was a #6 going up against a #1 and Villanova was a #8 against #1 Georgetown. It ain't much of an upset if both teams are #1.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 06:35 AM   #1241
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
As much as I can't stand Oden and Ohio St., I think they win this one.

I don't know how you can't stand Oden. Hate Ohio State all you want, but Oden (and Conley for that matter) are about the nicest kids I've ever seen at Ohio State, football or basketball. They both give great, personable interviews, and from all accounts on campus are down to earth guys who aren't pulling any primadonna shit whatsoever. Oden drives some old beat-up pickup truck, and Conley called out Clark Kellogg on national TV for picking against his alma mater Saturday night in a LOL moment for me. I haven't read a single negative thing about either one, and believe me, I've looked.

I hope they stay at OSU another year, but realistically, Oden is likely bound for the NBA and I think Conley is 50/50, despite coming out to the media and saying that he's staying next season already.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:27 AM   #1242
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
I don't know how you can't stand Oden. Hate Ohio State all you want, but Oden (and Conley for that matter) are about the nicest kids I've ever seen at Ohio State, football or basketball. They both give great, personable interviews, and from all accounts on campus are down to earth guys who aren't pulling any primadonna shit whatsoever. Oden drives some old beat-up pickup truck, and Conley called out Clark Kellogg on national TV for picking against his alma mater Saturday night in a LOL moment for me. I haven't read a single negative thing about either one, and believe me, I've looked.

I hope they stay at OSU another year, but realistically, Oden is likely bound for the NBA and I think Conley is 50/50, despite coming out to the media and saying that he's staying next season already.

I'm not referring to how nice he might be. I just hate watching him play basketball.. he reminds me of Shaq.. I'm here because I'm bigger than anyone on the court and I'll push you out of the way. He's just boring to watch, I'd prefer someone like Hibbert or Hansbrough.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:34 AM   #1243
Butter
Coordinator

OK. I'll allow it, this time. But you're on notice, MizzouRah.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #1244
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I'm not referring to how nice he might be. I just hate watching him play basketball.. he reminds me of Shaq.. I'm here because I'm bigger than anyone on the court and I'll push you out of the way. He's just boring to watch, I'd prefer someone like Hibbert or Hansbrough.

There have been plenty of big guys(even strong ones) who didn't know what to do with themselves in the post. Don't fool yourself, guys like Oden and Shaq have serious skills and instincts. If Shaq or Oden were 2-3 inches shorter, they would still be good post players.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #1245
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
OK. I'll allow it, this time. But you're on notice, MizzouRah.

Old 04-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #1246
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
There have been plenty of big guys(even strong ones) who didn't know what to do with themselves in the post. Don't fool yourself, guys like Oden and Shaq have serious skills and instincts. If Shaq or Oden were 2-3 inches shorter, they would still be good post players.

See Al Horford's father Tito
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #1247
MJ4H
Coordinator

Press conference in 25 minutes for Arkansas hiring Dana Altman from Creighton.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:35 PM   #1248
miami_fan
Coordinator

And Butler's Todd Lickliter will be named the next head coach at Iowa Monday night and introduced at a Tuesday news conference
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #1249
Logan
Head Coach

Stan Heath goes from Arkansas to South Florida. Great hire for a school that desperately needs it.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 08:03 PM   #1250
Easy Mac

Pretty stupid opening, but it was nice involving some of the little people (cheerleaders and band geeks) in the game. And if we're going by attractiveness of the female cheerleaders, Florida wins in a landslide.

"I'm not terribly impressed by college students spelling a four letter state"
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote