Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-14-2014, 01:04 PM   #12401
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Realistically, no Superbowl matchup (of the teams playing) will make me more interested in watching the Superbowl rather than watching Book of Mormon. I have absolutely no thought to ditching Book of Mormon at all to watch the SuperBowl.
Old 01-14-2014, 01:22 PM   #12402
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Realistically, no Superbowl matchup (of the teams playing) will make me more interested in watching the Superbowl rather than watching Book of Mormon. I have absolutely no thought to ditching Book of Mormon at all to watch the SuperBowl.

Though, the real issue is that had you remembered that was Super Bowl Sunday, you could have bought tickets for another night and been able to watch BOTH.

This is a discussion I have with Lady H_B often. Even though she often acquiesces, she isn't a big fan of planning around sporting events. I try to explain to her that we can do whatever it is she is planning at any time, so why not just plan to do it when the game isn't on?

(Yes, there are DVR capabilities and I am often willing to record a game and watch it later, but it's really not the same as watching it live.)
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #12403
Logan
Head Coach

Does the full original Broadway cast make it on these national tours?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:04 PM   #12404
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Not usually, AFAIK.
Old 01-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #12405
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Guess she never saw his awesome crossbow collection.

On contrary, his kid taught her how to shoot a bow.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:39 PM   #12406
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
On contrary, his kid taught her how to shoot a bow.

Is that what they are calling it these days?
Old 01-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #12407
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
8.1 essentially did the same thing.

I thought 8.1 still didn't have a start menu.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:23 PM   #12408
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It's got a start button, but yes no 7-like start menu (which I never really got why it was such a big deal, but whateev)

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 01-14-2014 at 03:24 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:26 PM   #12409
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
My new laptop has 8.1 on it, and I really don't get the Win 8 hate.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:32 PM   #12410
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
My new laptop has 8.1 on it, and I really don't get the Win 8 hate.

Agree. You install the shell and it is solid in my opinion.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #12411
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I just bent over and split my pants.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 03:57 PM   #12412
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I just bent over and split my pants.

There are easier ways to prepare to take a crap.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:34 PM   #12413
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I think I may be reaching a new stage of grumpiness.

I knew I had trended that way & all but kinda figured it had leveled off at some point. Today I suspect that isn't the case.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #12414
Suicane75
Coordinator

I tried to flirt with a woman in the supermarket today. I am not good at it.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:57 AM   #12415
DougW
High School Varsity

I just discovered that alt-tab-tab (etc) will flip through specific windows. I knew how alt-tab worked, but didn't know that the tab-tab would hit my 3rd window. Awesome stuff.
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:47 AM   #12416
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I tried to flirt with a woman in the supermarket today. I am not good at it.

Try again when you're not caressing melons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougW View Post
I just discovered that alt-tab-tab (etc) will flip through specific windows. I knew how alt-tab worked, but didn't know that the tab-tab would hit my 3rd window. Awesome stuff.

I would be unable to function at my job without this.
Old 01-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #12417
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Heh, I had to do a double take. There's a banner ad for my company (Bluepay) showing up on here now.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #12418
molson
General Manager

I was looking at Amazon.com at a recent order I placed and noticed they keep order history forever, or at least as far back as my first order in 1999. So I spent a few minutes going through that history, and it was kind of like looking at an old photo album. I remembered some of the stuff in connection with what my life was like at the time, and there was also some books in there that I don't remember buying and certainly never read.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 11:15 AM   #12419
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I just ordered some new v-neck t-shirts from Land's End. I am excited.

Unless I am at the gym or sleeping, I pretty much always wear a white t-shirt under whatever I'm wearing. Even in the middle of the summer when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt, I'll have a white t-shirt under my other t-shirt. It's a thing.

I have very high standards for these undershirts. I really need the fabric to be thick enough, but not too thick, not too baggy or too tight and I like a deep tuck.

I think these Land's End t-shirts might fit the bill.

I'll keep you posted.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 01-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #12420
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I was looking at Amazon.com at a recent order I placed and noticed they keep order history forever, or at least as far back as my first order in 1999. So I spent a few minutes going through that history, and it was kind of like looking at an old photo album. I remembered some of the stuff in connection with what my life was like at the time, and there was also some books in there that I don't remember buying and certainly never read.

Kinda similar but in a short term way--my recent introduction to mint.com and its app, with which I have been tracking my "financial" life. It is interesting to see my real life more or less described in terms of where I spend my money.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:26 AM   #12421
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I just ordered some new v-neck t-shirts from Land's End. I am excited.

Unless I am at the gym or sleeping, I pretty much always wear a white t-shirt under whatever I'm wearing. Even in the middle of the summer when I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt, I'll have a white t-shirt under my other t-shirt. It's a thing.

I have very high standards for these undershirts. I really need the fabric to be thick enough, but not too thick, not too baggy or too tight and I like a deep tuck.

I think these Land's End t-shirts might fit the bill.

I'll keep you posted.

T-shirt snob.

I tend to wear undershirts, too, at least on cooler days or days where I feel I might sweat a little on a formal occasion. Most of mine are simple basic color round top Ts, but I have some Ralph Lauren V-necks that I really like. Judging from your description, I suspect the Ralph Laurens I have would be too this for you.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 01-16-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:40 AM   #12422
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

ha, I do this on occasion.

Old 01-16-2014, 11:46 AM   #12423
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:

I just checked this and saw that the second thing I ever ordered off of Amazon was "A Clash Of Kings" on March 7, 1999. The 5th thing I ever ordered was "A Storm of Swords" on August 30, 2000.

Here is a list of orders (not necessarily items) by year:

1999 2
2000 4
2001 6
2002 5
2003 7
2004 6
2005 17
2006 11
2007 5
2008 15
2009 33
2010 41
2011 42
2012 66
2013 70

So, things really picked up in 2009 and there was another big leap from 2011 to 2012.

Last edited by Honolulu_Blue : 01-16-2014 at 11:53 AM.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #12424
molson
General Manager

Quote:

2012 66
2013 70

Ha, gotta love Amazon prime!
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:07 PM   #12425
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:

Kind of a neat idea. I changed email addresses and accounts many years ago, so my first orders on Amazon aren't reflected. I ordered some things from them probably back in '97.

I'm actually surprised at how few things I order from Amazon. My yearly high is 16 orders.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:09 PM   #12426
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I was surprised that my first order wasn't until 2005. Year over year growth topping out at 40 last year.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:11 PM   #12427
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Actually my current email address only came into existence in late 2004, so that's probably why. That said, only 1 or 2 orders a year 2005-2007, so I doubt I was a heavy user prior.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #12428
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The total cost of everything I've ordered from Amazon gives me a little pause

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:35 PM   #12429
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Ha, gotta love Amazon prime!

Heh! Yes, I do believe we signed up for that during the Holiday season in 2011.

It has had an effect.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:42 PM   #12430
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I knew I was past my "best if used by" date. Starting to wonder if my actual expiration date may have also been passed as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:45 PM   #12431
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I knew I was past my "best if used by" date. Starting to wonder if my actual expiration date may have also been passed as well.

Judging by a few of your posts today, you seem to be having a bit of a rough one. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:52 PM   #12432
Logan
Head Coach

And my first Amazon order was the Ocean's 11 DVD in 2002.

I can't believe how infrequently I ordered from there. I would have guessed the volume was so much higher, especially from say 2009 and on...

2002: 3
2003: 4
2004: 7
2005: 3
2006: 5
2007: 13 (moved out of my parents house, a lot of orders tied to my new place)
2008: 7
2009: 4
2010: 4
2011: 10
2012: 8
2013: 12
2014: 2 so far

We added Prime around November and the majority of the volume came in those months.
Old 01-16-2014, 12:54 PM   #12433
Suicane75
Coordinator

My Super Bowl party was just ruined by something nobody had the foresight to have the foresight about. The guy running it works for the toll commission and was just given the word that he is on duty that night.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 12:59 PM   #12434
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
My Super Bowl party was just ruined by something nobody had the foresight to have the foresight about. The guy running it works for the toll commission and was just given the word that he is on duty that night.

Going to be blocking toll lanes on the day of the Super Bowl?
Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 PM   #12435
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Judging by a few of your posts today, you seem to be having a bit of a rough one. Hope you feel better soon.

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit introspective I suppose.

It's a silly chain of events really but it's been ... enlightening for lack of a better word.

The phrase "I'm just over it" keeps coming to mind, what's depressing is what an enormous swath that phrase covers for me.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:50 PM   #12436
Izulde
Head Coach

Well, it appears I may be jobless. Will find out for sure by tomorrow, I'm guessing.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:23 PM   #12437
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Well, it appears I may be jobless. Will find out for sure by tomorrow, I'm guessing.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:38 PM   #12438
MacroGuru
Coordinator

In slight freak out mode, results from the CT scan are in for my abdomen and Dr wanted to see me as soon as possible, I can't move my appointments for work tomorrow so I am unable to get in until Monday.

Obviously it's not immediate emergency, but it's something concerning to the doc that he wants me in this fast.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:56 AM   #12439
Izulde
Head Coach

Yep, all but official. I've got some interesting choices ahead of me, it seems.

Old 01-17-2014, 04:17 AM   #12440
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just came across an interesting bit of political trivia that I added to my youtube watch list, just because of all the storylines that were involved.

1979 vote of no confidence in the government of James Callaghan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a BBC Documentary, "The Night the Government Fell (a Parliamentary Coup)

Some things that just boggled the mind:

A) First off, the simple fact that the difference of a single vote caused a government to step down from power. Here in the US, it would be like if the Republican Party took hold of the Senate, they could immediately force a new election by introducing a motion of no-confidence in President Obama. (Although it would be more accurate to say the House, as such motions come from the House of Commons)

B) One of the Prime Minister's supporters was gravely ill, and would die in a matter of days.. however, he overruled his doctors and offered to travel in an ambulance to the Speaker's Court (by rule, his vote would count as long as he was on Parliament property, even if he remained in the ambulance). After deciding that there was too much risk that the supporter would die en route, the Prime Minister declined the offer.

C) There was a tradition that if one member of the current Government was unable to vote, then by gentleman's agreement and convention, a member of the Opposition would abstain as well.

When the whip for the Labour Party asked to enforce this rule towards a member of the Conservative Party, the Conservative stated that this convention was not meant to be enforced on such weighty votes that would literally mean life or death for the Government.. and that he could not in good conscience ask one of his members to stand aside, because such a decision would end their political career.

Then he thought for a moment, and then offered to abstain himself, despite the fact he knew this would end his political career, he felt that it would be dishonorable to break the gentleman's agreement over such a disagreement.

This so impressed the whip for Labour that he released the Conservative Party member from his obligation.

D) And finally, the sheer historic nature of the vote. If the Conservative Party would have lost the vote, they would have been reeling from having played the ultimate trump card they have, only to fall short. Instead, they won the general elections called as a result of the no-confidence motion, and remained in power for the next eighteen years.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:11 AM   #12441
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Yep, all but official. I've got some interesting choices ahead of me, it seems.

So what happened? When does it take affect?

This sucks!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:05 PM   #12442
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
So what happened? When does it take affect?

This sucks!

Same old story for adjuncts. Got caught in a numbers game of too many adjuncts and not enough sections to go around. They said they can *maybe* find a single section for me if somebody drops out, but the chances of that happening are slim and none.

So it's a case of try to find something in Vegas that will at least allow me to keep my apartment without eating all of my savings, catch a Hail Mary from somewhere else in the country, or move back in with my parents in Wisconsin, in a city where there's pretty much zero jobs to be found.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:29 PM   #12443
Logan
Head Coach

Sorry to hear that. Wish you the best.

And don't sleep on becoming an escort.
Old 01-17-2014, 01:43 PM   #12444
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Sorry to hear that. Wish you the best.

And don't sleep on becoming an escort.

Though if you're uncomfortable with being an escort you might want to consider professional cuddling instead.

Woman to expand Portland cuddle business, hire staff | Offbeat | Seattle News, Weather, Sports, Breaking News | KOMO News
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 01:53 PM   #12445
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Friday is typically casual dress day at the office. The new female coworker has yet to take advantage of it...until today....

Let's just say, I am a walking HR disaster right now...I feel like I have been possessed by Pumpy...
Old 01-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #12446
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
Friday is typically casual dress day at the office. The new female coworker has yet to take advantage of it...until today....

Let's just say, I am a walking HR disaster right now...I feel like I have been possessed by Pumpy...

If this is the case, I recommend you stay the fuck away from Microsoft Outlook.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #12447
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
If this is the case, I recommend you stay the fuck away from Microsoft Outlook.

Or stairs

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:38 PM   #12448
cartman
Death Herald

or Danny Glover and government cheese.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:04 PM   #12449
NobodyHere
Grizzled Veteran

I don't know how celebrities (or women in general) going nude to protest the fur industry helps their cause, but I'll enjoy it while I can.

I mean if we got rid of fur products, these women would stop going nude for their protests right? Therefore I have lots of incentives to go out and buy fur products.
NobodyHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 05:14 PM   #12450
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The recent posts in this thread are why I love FOfc. Any normal person
reading the forum would be lost but we all
Have such history tht those comments are hilarious.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote