Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #12251
Critch
lolzcat

Warning!! Major Family Guy plot spoiler. Do not click unless you already know or dont really care what happens in Family Guy!!

Spoiler

Last edited by Critch : 11-25-2013 at 10:46 AM.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #12252
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

wow.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:07 PM   #12253
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I'm wondering if someone big got hacked.

Co-workers card # was just stolen as well. That's two of us within a week.

Last edited by Coffee Warlord : 11-26-2013 at 04:07 PM.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:46 AM   #12254
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Random thought: Fleer cards always smelled better than Topps.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #12255
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I just had 5 missed calls in a span of 20 minutes on my cell phone. 3 from NJ ( 2 different numbers), 1 fron Northern Los Angles, and one from Il. No voicemail. When I tried calling back I got a number disconnectd/ can't connect message.

Last edited by Lathum : 11-27-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 11-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #12256
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
Random thought: Fleer cards always smelled better than Topps.

Better gum?
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:55 PM   #12257
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Pet Peeve:

When you google some technical problem you are having, and you find a thread in a support forum discussing it and 98% of the posts after the initial post describing your problem are people posting "Yeah, me too. Anyone know how to fix this?" Sometimes they will add, "THIS PHONE/COMPUTER/PRINTER/WHATEVER IS USELESS TO ME IF IT KEEPS BREAKING LIKE THIS! SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS!"

I know that there is some small value to having a sense of how widespread the problem is. But it is a VERY small value relative to how much it annoys me.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 12:58 PM   #12258
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Pet Peeve:

When you google some technical problem you are having, and you find a thread in a support forum discussing it and 98% of the posts after the initial post describing your problem are people posting "Yeah, me too. Anyone know how to fix this?" Sometimes they will add, "THIS PHONE/COMPUTER/PRINTER/WHATEVER IS USELESS TO ME IF IT KEEPS BREAKING LIKE THIS! SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS!"

I know that there is some small value to having a sense of how widespread the problem is. But it is a VERY small value relative to how much it annoys me.

Amen!

Spoiler

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-27-2013 at 01:36 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #12259
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Pet Peeve:

I AGREE!!
Old 11-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #12260
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Called up my old best friend from back in the day last night to wish him a Happy Thanksgiving.

Hearing "I'd be feeling a little better if I didn't have a heart attack this morning" was NOT on the list of things I was expecting him to say.

Collapsed at 3am Wed, girlfriend (a nurse, handily enough) managed to get his heart restarted. 99% blockage, stint inserted by lunch time. Likely to be discharged later today.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-28-2013 at 07:36 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:18 PM   #12261
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

These holiday jewelry commercials get worse every year.
Old 12-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #12262
cuervo72
Head Coach

IF HE DIDN'T GO TO JARED SHE WOULD HAVE DUMPED HIS SORRY ASS
Old 12-01-2013, 04:59 PM   #12263
bhlloy
Coordinator

Gotta go to Jared, can't possibly go to one of the other billion mall jewelery stores that has exactly the same shit
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 05:53 PM   #12264
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I'm halfway done my Christmas shopping, but the ones that are left are the impossible to shop for ones. Now seeking ideas for crazy people.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #12265
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
I'm halfway done my Christmas shopping, but the ones that are left are the impossible to shop for ones. Now seeking ideas for crazy people.

/tk

Are these peer/same age friend crazies or old elderly family crazies?

We have a group that always has a Christmas party and exchanges gifts (not really sure why...everyone complains about how burdensome the process of gift selection is, but I digress) its pretty basic except for these 2 single females that are very picky, and always make it a point to critique every gift they have ever been given... Last year my wife bought each of them gift cards to Adam & Eve...the rest of the party appreciated it, even if these two did not.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:58 PM   #12266
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Are these peer/same age friend crazies or old elderly family crazies?

The main crazy is my sister-in-law who I hate. She's 10 years older than me and has these ridiculous notions about what "should" and "shouldn't" be with no taste that I can tell, though she's into the alternative remedies/"natural medicine.". She's an ungrateful woman who doesn't even have the decency to call to say "thank you" when you send a birthday gift, plus she thinks that the only reason I have my job is because she's discriminated against because she has no college degree (or high school equivalency). She claims she's an artist but she's not any good at that, either (IMO). She treats my brother like crap and is a terrible parent (well, if I were a parent, I'd do things very differently). I don't even know where to start for her.

Then there's my dad. He's just hard to shop for. I usually get him some outdoor equipment type thing but I've done that the last few years, and he doesn't need anything new (all his stuff is in good shape). And my brother, who I know what I want to get, but can't figure out how to do it (I want to get him the new Sandman stuff, but I can't figure out which is the "best" version to get, nor can I figure out if there's a way to pre-buy and get them shipped...).

So weirdness all around.

/tk
Old 12-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #12267
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Dola,
I know it's f'd up for me to say that she's a bad parent. But I've met her 16 year-old son. I see how she treats my brother. And I see how she acts with my 6 year-old nephew (my brother's son). I definitely don't agree with some of her choices, but I think it's worse that she'll countermand what my brother says, basically makes my brother's opinion not matter for anything.

So while I have no room to say I'd be any better as a parent, that's just how I see her..

/tk
Old 12-05-2013, 07:26 PM   #12268
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Awesome

Diamond Ring

Quote:
For sale I have a 1.5ct total weight engagement ring set in 14K white gold. The ring is in like new condition, only worn for a short period of time by Satan herself. Comes with the original box. Very pretty ring with a lower setting so the diamonds won't snag on everything. Diamonds along the sides and in the channel setting show off light from all sides. Originally purchased from Littman's for a sum of money far greater than I am comfortable admitting.

Warning: ring may be cursed as it tends to leave a path of destruction behind it. Possible events associated with this ring include but are not limited to: damage sustained to house, vehicle, heart, downed powerlines, fallen trees, and swarms of locus. I would highly recommend taking action to counter the whirlwind of bad mojo that surround this piece of jewelry. Should consider having curse removed by voodoo priest or something before presenting to loved one. Other than that a very nice piece of jewelry.

Looking to sell this soon before it brings any more bad luck into my life and I'd rather have cash. If not sold by Christmas I plan to throw it into the fires of Mordor.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint

Last edited by cartman : 12-06-2013 at 08:05 AM.
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:54 PM   #12269
jaygr
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Pet Peeve:

Along the same lines you also get the ones where the OP comes back and is like "I got it now, was able to fix it!" and then not tell you how they fixed it.
jaygr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #12270
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

grr

I work with this guy,we'll call him Bob, who I am not overly fond of. On a personal level he is fine, but professionaly he has a poor attitude and is very resistent to changes I have put into place and is always trying to either undermine them or flat out ignore them.

He is off all next week, so one of our other coworkers asked me if I could handle a project this morning that by all rights should belong to Bob. Our coworker asked me to do it so that Bob can catch upon other work since he is off all next week and leaves early on Fridays. I agreed to do it, and really don't mind since it will stretch into next week anyway and I'll likely own it at that point.

Well I come up front to go to my office and pass Bob, who is sitting at his desk, looking at his phone with facebook open on his computer. That shit pisses me off. I don't mind picking up the work, but don't get someone else to ask me to do it under the pretense you need time to catch up, then be messing around on facebook or your phone while I am doing work that should be yours.

I think a big part of the problem is Bob and I used to do the same job, and I switched roles where I am doing different kinds of work, but Bob is the kind of peron who doesn't know what I do all day, so just assumes I do nothing.
Old 12-06-2013, 09:12 AM   #12271
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
The main crazy is my sister-in-law who I hate. She's 10 years older than me and has these ridiculous notions about what "should" and "shouldn't" be with no taste that I can tell, though she's into the alternative remedies/"natural medicine.". She's an ungrateful woman who doesn't even have the decency to call to say "thank you" when you send a birthday gift, plus she thinks that the only reason I have my job is because she's discriminated against because she has no college degree (or high school equivalency). She claims she's an artist but she's not any good at that, either (IMO). She treats my brother like crap and is a terrible parent (well, if I were a parent, I'd do things very differently). I don't even know where to start for her.

Then there's my dad. He's just hard to shop for. I usually get him some outdoor equipment type thing but I've done that the last few years, and he doesn't need anything new (all his stuff is in good shape). And my brother, who I know what I want to get, but can't figure out how to do it (I want to get him the new Sandman stuff, but I can't figure out which is the "best" version to get, nor can I figure out if there's a way to pre-buy and get them shipped...).

So weirdness all around.

/tk

For Dad, depending what his tastes, I've done this a couple years running now.

Find a local bottle shop, and mix and match him a couple 6 packs of Christmas beers. Pair up with some other snacks, etc.

It is a big event for my kids to pick out Pappy's beer each year, then decorate the 6-pack boxes with bows etc

For the SIL, I suggest a kick to the skull.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 09:30 AM   #12272
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I just spent my first Thanksgiving with the in-laws. I don't drink nearly as much as I use to...maybe 1 beer a week. They, on the other hand, don't drink at all and think it's a sin to drink. After spending time with them (mainly my sister-in-law)...all I wanted to do the one night was go out and get a beer.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 12-06-2013 at 09:31 AM.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #12273
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
For Dad, depending what his tastes, I've done this a couple years running now.

Find a local bottle shop, and mix and match him a couple 6 packs of Christmas beers. Pair up with some other snacks, etc.

It is a big event for my kids to pick out Pappy's beer each year, then decorate the 6-pack boxes with bows etc

For the SIL, I suggest a kick to the skull.

That's a really cute idea for dad. It won't really work for my dad (he doesn't drink much, drinks mostly bourbon, and is well-stocked in that realm right now, thanks to his birthday and father's day) but I think it's a great idea, one I could see doing for my brother in law.

I wish I could kick my SIL. Instead I got some bath-pampering type things (bubble bath, a thing to read in the bath, some teas). Hopefully she won't take it personally like I'm trying to say she needs a shower (but she does...that smoking REEKS).

/tk
Old 12-06-2013, 05:59 PM   #12274
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I just spent my first Thanksgiving with the in-laws. I don't drink nearly as much as I use to...maybe 1 beer a week. They, on the other hand, don't drink at all and think it's a sin to drink. After spending time with them (mainly my sister-in-law)...all I wanted to do the one night was go out and get a beer.

I'd make it a point to drink in front of them at every possible opportunity.

But then, I'm an ass.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #12275
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Strep sucks. Been up since 2:30 this morning and I can't go to work tomorrow and have a very hectic day.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:04 AM   #12276
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

...And the fun begins.

Hello FINRA Examiners...Happy Monday Morning to you too!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:02 AM   #12277
Grover
Pro Starter

I'm looking for a cheap or free video editor that's at least decent. Nothing major, just need to be able to cut out sections of video that I'm recording.

Any thoughts?

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #12278
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

These new risk-based FINRA exams are nowhere near as crazy ridiculous as they used to be. I love it.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:35 PM   #12279
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

What is FINRA?

/tk
Old 12-09-2013, 04:14 PM   #12280
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What is FINRA?

/tk

Financial Industry Regulatory Authority.

The man. Big gubmint.

Actually, it's technically a self-regulatory organization that policies broker/dealers so that the SEC doesn't have to do it. Then the SEC can just police FINRA.

So they come in and dig through files and our books and make sure everything is above-board.

For big firms it can be a real pain with lots of nitty-gritty. They used to be "one size fits all" in their approach, so would come in and ask us for a bunch of stuff that was not-applicable to us and then we'd have to explain why it wasn't applicable. Last time the guy was here for a week and had stacks of files covering a table and still left with like...no idea of what we did I feel like.

Now they've taken to requesting what they want to see beforehand and actually understanding our business model ahead of coming in, it was like...1,000 times easier. Night and day.

My stress level was like an 8.5...now it's like a 2.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-09-2013 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #12281
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I'm looking for a cheap or free video editor that's at least decent. Nothing major, just need to be able to cut out sections of video that I'm recording.

Any thoughts?

Windows Movie Maker has worked well enough in the past for me.
Old 12-09-2013, 05:30 PM   #12282
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Stolen from a friend's Facebook status (he's a consultant to several small/local governmental boards, etc)

Quote:
So... Let me inform those who don't know, an audience member at a meeting can't call a point of order!

I'm still LOL'ing pretty hard about that because a) I suspect I know where he was when it happened and b) because I've seen it happen at least twice myself
Old 12-11-2013, 07:54 AM   #12283
Dutch
"Dutch"

Meanwhile...in Florida.

A notice from my daughter's elementary school this morning.

"A 4 foot alligator has taken up residence in our retention pond (next to the school). Please stay clear and certainly do not approach the alligator. Wildlife authorities have been notified."
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:04 AM   #12284
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I just got floor seats to see Lady Gaga for the 2nd time. Behind seeing Neil Diamond in Fenway Park, her Monsterball concert is my second favorite of all time.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #12285
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

So, I sign-on to Spotify when I sit down at the office today. Same as every morning, only I notice one difference. I'm greeted with an ad notifying me that Led Zeppelin is now on Spotify...YEAH!

So, naturally I go directly to their artist page. I scroll down to see IV as the first album option. Strange, right? Scroll further, and I find out the only albums available are the first four.

WTF

That's like asking offering to pay for someone's lunch, and then only giving them half the amount they need to actually pay for it.

Fuck you Spotify. Fuck you in your big, ugly, green butt hole.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:00 PM   #12286
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well, if they only were going to give you half of the catalog, at least they gave you the good half
Old 12-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #12287
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
So, I sign-on to Spotify when I sit down at the office today. Same as every morning, only I notice one difference. I'm greeted with an ad notifying me that Led Zeppelin is now on Spotify...YEAH!

So, naturally I go directly to their artist page. I scroll down to see IV as the first album option. Strange, right? Scroll further, and I find out the only albums available are the first four.

WTF

Chill the fuck out

Quote:
Nearly 45 years after the group’s pioneering debut album turned them into global superstars in 1969, their first two records Led Zeppelin and Led Zeppelin II have been made available to stream around the world.

Over the next four days, additional albums will be released at midnight local time, meaning that the full repertoire of studio and live albums will be uploaded by Sunday 15 December.

Thursday will herald the release of Led Zeppelin III (1970) and Untitled fourth album (1971) before Houses of the Holy (1973) and Physical Graffiti (1975) follow on Friday.

Presence (1976) and In Through The Out Door (1979) will appear on Saturday, with those remaining including The Song Remains The Same (1976), Coda (1982) and the most recent Celebration Day (2012) completing the collection on Sunday.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-12-2013 at 08:21 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #12288
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Truly first world problems.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:35 AM   #12289
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:

WTF

That's like asking offering to pay for someone's lunch, and then only giving them half the amount they need to actually pay for it.

Fuck you Spotify. Fuck you in your big, ugly, green butt hole.

I guess the more pressing question is why you don't already have all the albums so you can listen to them in the first place?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #12290
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I guess the more pressing question is why you don't already have all the albums so you can listen to them in the first place?

I have them, but not on my work laptop. I use Spotify as my source of music entertainment while at the office.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:59 PM   #12291
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Dola

They included The Song Remains The Same but didn't include How The West Was Won? Gadzooks!
Old 12-13-2013, 04:01 PM   #12292
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
I have them, but not on my work laptop. I use Spotify as my source of music entertainment while at the office.

This is what's wrong with America today. You shouldn't be listening to "music entertainment" while at work, you should be working! And get a haircut while you're at it. Slacker.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #12293
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
This is what's wrong with America today. You shouldn't be listening to "music entertainment" while at work, you should be working! And get a haircut while you're at it. Slacker.

he typed on the message board, from work.
Old 12-13-2013, 04:36 PM   #12294
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

While drinking a beer.

No. Really.
Old 12-15-2013, 03:57 AM   #12295
Suicane75
Coordinator

How is having a flash light like having an extra set of hands? Because you get light without having to hold it? Is the sun also like having an extra pair of hands?

More apropos for a couple of weeks back, but I love that Saturday when you're watching football and you see that NC leads Wake Forest 70-50 and you marvel for about 10 seconds before you realize it's a basketball score.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #12296
cuervo72
Head Coach

The mom on The Goldbergs...yeah. And what's scary is that I think the 80s hair and outfits is helping.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #12297
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Alas, I didn't win tonight's Mega Millions drawing ... which means I still have to do all the crappy stuff that was on my to-do list for tomorrow. Blech.
Old 12-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #12298
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Of all the inane shit I've ever come across, mandatory attendance at a spouse's office Christmas party is high on the list of FML.

Seriously, over an hour into downtown ATL for some quasi-trendy bar & another hour back home to basically have one drink (since, you know, it's a 60 mile drive back home) with a bunch of 30-somethings is about as no-win a proposition as I'm likely to come across. Absolutely nothing good is going to come of this & I'd sooner be dropped (with or without parachute) into a minefield in any middle eastern country than do this @$%@#$% bullshit.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:12 AM   #12299
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Up before 8am on a Saturday? What's next, I start obsessively watching The Weather Channel, surfing only to catch reruns of Matlock?
Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 AM   #12300
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Of all the inane shit I've ever come across, mandatory attendance at a spouse's office Christmas party is high on the list of FML.

Seriously, over an hour into downtown ATL for some quasi-trendy bar & another hour back home to basically have one drink (since, you know, it's a 60 mile drive back home) with a bunch of 30-somethings is about as no-win a proposition as I'm likely to come across. Absolutely nothing good is going to come of this & I'd sooner be dropped (with or without parachute) into a minefield in any middle eastern country than do this @$%@#$% bullshit.

So was you wife's attendance mandatory? Or yours? What if you had young children and couldn't find a sitter? Was she paid for attending? Gas and mileage reimbursement ?