Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How is Obama doing? (poll started 6/6)
Great - above my expectations 18 6.87%
Good - met most of my expectations 66 25.19%
Average - so so, disappointed a little 64 24.43%
Bad - sold us out 101 38.55%
Trout - don't know yet 13 4.96%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-15-2010, 11:42 AM   #12201
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

You see Steve believes that we need to help the poor, huddled masses yearning to breathe free and this is best done by people richer than him paying more of their money with no real need for the middle or lower classes to get involved. However he doesn't seem to be in favor of dividing all the world's wealth by the population of the world because then that would effect him. Somehow poor South American < poor American. (Better put, solution that he thinks doesn't effect him > solution that does effect him. Even though the rich that he wants to tax more will just fire some more poor people or pass on these new taxes to people like Steve)

Last edited by panerd : 11-15-2010 at 11:43 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #12202
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
Yes, but those at the top have benefited the most, so they should put the most back into the system.

They already do. Not just in terms of tax revenue, but also with jobs, innovation, and investments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
A) You don't think the rich benefit a slight bit more from instructure improvements and a legal system dedicated to protecting private property?

B) If everyone benefits from societial investments that doesn't it only follow that people's wealth is a direct result from that society and therefore if they can afford to give more back to the machine that helped them, they should?

A) Infrastructure improvements such as? Protecting private property? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

B) My reading comprehension skills must be off today, because I'm not getting what you're saying here.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-15-2010 at 11:56 AM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:14 PM   #12203
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Actually, in my perfect world, the middle class would probably have to pay higher taxes as well (but they also wouldn't be paying health insurance premiums, student loan bills, etc. either so it works out). Also, I'd cut the defense budget by half and use a lot of those savings to help out the Third World but it's nice to hear such condescending BS.

Here's your perfect world then...

Average income worldwide is $7,000 - The Boston Globe

Or in your utopia will you still be making whatever you make now? (My guess is nowhere close to 7K) Somehow you don't see that in the world's view you are one of the elite rich. If you make 50K a year you are in the top 1% of the world's population, if you make 100K you are in the top 0.5%. So who exactly are these super rich you bitch about all the time? That's right it isn't based in reality it is just anyone that makes more than you do. It's envy, pure and simple.

Last edited by panerd : 11-15-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #12204
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

When did national borders cease to exist?
Old 11-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #12205
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
When did national borders cease to exist?

Whatever. I don't rag on you and DT's liberal views but you don't talk the complete communist nonsense he does. If he really wants everyone equal he can't claim, but only in America where I still would be OK and not poor like those Asians or Africans. What a load of shit and I hope you see through it as well.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:19 PM   #12206
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
1) Roads, Sewer Systems, Dams, Electricity, Schools, Basic Health Care When A Company Doesn't Provide Insurance, Etcetera, Etcetera, Etcetera. Also, private property as in protecting it is the basis of almost our entire system of laws.

2) Basically, people aren't just successful because of themselves, but of the society that has been built that allows them to be successful. As a result, since they've gotten the best results from that society, it follows they should have to pay the most to keep said society running and in tip top shape.

This.

Now, I'm not with Steve in how much the upper and middle classes have to pay. However, I do think the whining that they have to pay more (esp that they may have to pay 40% on anything above $350k) is patently absurd since they are the ones that benefit the most from the system. I mean how would they like to live in something like a sub-Saharan African state where the rich are a handful of connected people who are SUPER rich and everyone else in incredibly poor relatively and exists for the rich's benefit?
Old 11-15-2010, 12:32 PM   #12207
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Here's your perfect world then...

Average income worldwide is $7,000 - The Boston Globe

Or in your utopia will you still be making whatever you make now? (My guess is nowhere close to 7K) Somehow you don't see that in the world's view you are one of the elite rich. If you make 50K a year you are in the top 1% of the world's population, if you make 100K you are in the top 0.5%. So who exactly are these super rich you bitch about all the time? That's right it isn't based in reality it is just anyone that makes more than you do. It's envy, pure and simple.

I think we all know that this is a dishonest argument. If income was spread equally across the world many things would be different, not least of which would be cost of living. Supply and demand alone would reduce the price of most goods and services.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:33 PM   #12208
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
This.

Now, I'm not with Steve in how much the upper and middle classes have to pay. However, I do think the whining that they have to pay more (esp that they may have to pay 40% on anything above $350k) is patently absurd since they are the ones that benefit the most from the system. I mean how would they like to live in something like a sub-Saharan African state where the rich are a handful of connected people who are SUPER rich and everyone else in incredibly poor relatively and exists for the rich's benefit?

Yes, the part that the free-marketers get right is pointing out that the entrepreneurial rich are the ones who have helped turn America into the world's greatest economy. But the nuance they miss is that what has made America great is not that our entrepreneurs have more gumption than those in the rest of the world, and the rest of history. It's that we've created a society that enables them, where most societies have not, and still do not. It's our intellectual property laws among many other such inventions that have turned them into gears in such a great machine. And so while yes it's important and accurate to point out the importance of entrepreneurs, including very successful ones, it's not exactly accurate to say that they owe nothing to the system. The same person placed in most anywhere else in the world would not be a success, and both they and the society would suffer. We should be happy to have them here, and they should be happy to pay higher taxes to enjoy magnitudes more success than they could anywhere else in time or space.

Sorry, I guess this probably isn't polarizing enough for America today.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:34 PM   #12209
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
I think we all know that this is a dishonest argument. If income was spread equally across the world many things would be different, not least of which would be cost of living. Supply and demand alone would reduce the price of most goods and services.

Yes, I believe by using that same analysis the "equal" cost of living is something like $9,000.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:35 PM   #12210
Autumn
Head Coach

Has anyone posted this? I may have missed it, but it should interest y'all

Budget Puzzle: You Fix the Budget - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com
Old 11-15-2010, 12:46 PM   #12211
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
1) Roads, Sewer Systems, Dams, Electricity, Schools, Basic Health Care When A Company Doesn't Provide Insurance, Etcetera, Etcetera, Etcetera. Also, private property as in protecting it is the basis of almost our entire system of laws.

2) Basically, people aren't just successful because of themselves, but of the society that has been built that allows them to be successful. As a result, since they've gotten the best results from that society, it follows they should have to pay the most to keep said society running and in tip top shape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Yes, the part that the free-marketers get right is pointing out that the entrepreneurial rich are the ones who have helped turn America into the world's greatest economy. But the nuance they miss is that what has made America great is not that our entrepreneurs have more gumption than those in the rest of the world, and the rest of history. It's that we've created a society that enables them, where most societies have not, and still do not. It's our intellectual property laws among many other such inventions that have turned them into gears in such a great machine. And so while yes it's important and accurate to point out the importance of entrepreneurs, including very successful ones, it's not exactly accurate to say that they owe nothing to the system. The same person placed in most anywhere else in the world would not be a success, and both they and the society would suffer. We should be happy to have them here, and they should be happy to pay higher taxes to enjoy magnitudes more success than they could anywhere else in time or space.

Last time I checked, WE ALL use those things. We all benefit from this things. And last time I checked, the successful already pay a hell of a lot more taxes.

The world is a different place. People and capital are mobile. You can tax the rich all you want and put in place all the social programs you want, but the successful, businesses, and capital will allocate their resources to those locations that benefit them the most.

For intellectual laws, don't we pay for those things through filing fees, lawyers to enforce it (such as paying our lawyer to go after violators). It's not like it is stopping China from violating them.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-15-2010 at 12:49 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 12:52 PM   #12212
molson
General Manager

Why are those not concerned with things like defecits and government spending even concerned about tax rates at all? I have no problem with clinton-era tax rates but what exactly are we depriving ourselves of by not having them? Why is this the one and only area stevebollea types are suddenly concerned about the bottom line and what our country can afford?

Last edited by molson : 11-15-2010 at 12:55 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 12:55 PM   #12213
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Why are those not concerned with things like defecits and government spending even concerned about tax rates at all? I have no problem with clinton-era tax rates but what exactly are we depriving ourselves of by not having them?

Let's just cut the tax rate to 0% then! Cheney said himself that deficits don't matter.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:01 PM   #12214
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Let's just cut the tax rate to 0% then! Cheney said himself that deficits don't matter.

Sometimes I wonder why not.

Perhaps there's just different lines where people become concerned about such things.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #12215
molson
General Manager

Dola...it's just funny to hear all these liberals this week saying "we can't afford" the bush tax cuts. Huh? Just as funny as republicans spouting off about fiscal responsibilty and then supporting wars and their own pet projects and being responsible for even more runaway spending (while holding firm that tax hikes shouldn't be involved in paying for all this)

Last edited by molson : 11-15-2010 at 01:09 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #12216
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
1) As has been pointed out both visually and with words multiple times in this thread, in all actuality, the rich don't actually pay all that more as a percentage in taxes once you throw in local, state, property, and other such taxes.

2) Yes, we all use those things. But, the successful get much more of a result from them. Yeah, I pay taxes for education and my future children will get educated as a result. The CEO who pays corporation pays taxes and as a result, he has a more educated workforce.

3) So, what? Just do whatever the powerful say for fear they'll move jobs offshore? I'm sorry, but that's just a defeatist notion. Guess what, the rich haven't all moved out of Western Europe into Latvia or wherever because the taxes there are lower.

1) All taxes are different. Stick with the one we are talking about, federal income taxes. If you want to debate state or property taxes, we can. That's just a different discussion.

2) So basically you're saying we all pay for education? Sounds good to me. A corporation pays corporate taxes. A CEO doesn't pay corporate taxes, he'll pay income and capital gains taxes.

3) The European rich have moved to tax-friendly nations such as the UK (for non-Britain nationals), Monaco, Channel Islands, Switzerland, Barbados, and even other places in the Middle East (Dubai is a prime example) and Singapore.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-15-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:21 PM   #12217
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Bingo! And it isn't like there is a 90% tax proposed (which, btw, the was the highest tax level in the 1950s). The idea is that the rich should be slighly more than the middle class, who should pay slightly more than the poor, etc, because they've benefited from the societal institutions put in place. Therefore a large product (if not all of it) is partially the result of a beneficial social programs designated to foster innovation and protect private property.

And yes, successful business and capital will orient themselves to places that benefit them the most, which is why industries that rely on high labor productivity will flock to Western countries with vast social networks, which result in things like a highly educated workforce and low social unrest (if people are somewhat taken care of, they tend not to get all violent and stuff - for the most part).

It wasn't as if a 39% top income tax rate scared internet companies out of the United States in the 1990s.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:27 PM   #12218
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Whatever. I don't rag on you and DT's liberal views but you don't talk the complete communist nonsense he does. If he really wants everyone equal he can't claim, but only in America where I still would be OK and not poor like those Asians or Africans. What a load of shit and I hope you see through it as well.

WTF!?!?!?

How'd I get brought into this??
Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #12219
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
WTF!?!?!?

How'd I get brought into this??

I put you with JPhillips on the list of reasonable liberals who I happen to disagree with. I understand your points of view but don't share them. Stevebollea's arguments all come down to class envy. I feel like he must of gotten picked on by a rich kid when he was little or something.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #12220
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

It may just be me, but I think someone who lives off welfare as their entire income may just benefit more from society than the rich do.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:45 PM   #12221
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

It's kinda hard to live off welfare as your entire income... well, at least for a sustained period of time. Unemployment doesn't last forever.

And, as someone who is middle class, I feel that I've probably benefited more than my friends who are poor. I've had great public schools, a wonderful public college, and a substantial amount of federal loans to get me a law degree from a private school, and have been able to parlay that into a comfortable lifestyle.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 11-15-2010 at 01:47 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #12222
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I put you with JPhillips on the list of reasonable liberals who I happen to disagree with. I understand your points of view but don't share them. Stevebollea's arguments all come down to class envy. I feel like he must of gotten picked on by a rich kid when he was little or something.

Aaah okay. Cool. I must have misunderstood. I thought you were putting me in the other group.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:59 PM   #12223
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
It's kinda hard to live off welfare as your entire income...

It is MUCH easier than you would suspect. Perhaps growing up middle class you haven't seen it as much.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:07 PM   #12224
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I've known people who lived off unemployment. It tends to have a timeline until it ends.
Old 11-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #12225
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I've known people who lived off unemployment. It tends to have a timeline until it ends.

Unemployment, yes. Government assistance? Much easier.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #12226
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
It's kinda hard to live off welfare as your entire income... well, at least for a sustained period of time. Unemployment doesn't last forever.

And, as someone who is middle class, I feel that I've probably benefited more than my friends who are poor. I've had great public schools, a wonderful public college, and a substantial amount of federal loans to get me a law degree from a private school, and have been able to parlay that into a comfortable lifestyle.

How much do you feel parenting plays a role in your education?

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-15-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 11-15-2010, 09:20 PM   #12227
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So the Philly Fed is predicting 9.3% unemployment for 2011 and 8.7% for 2012.

Good thing we're not going to foolishly spend any money putting people to work.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:52 PM   #12228
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
So the Philly Fed is predicting 9.3% unemployment for 2011 and 8.7% for 2012.

Good thing we're not going to foolishly spend any money putting people to work.

Yeah those predictions are always so historically accurate. They predicted this crisis back in 2007 right?

Here is some reading from just a few years ago. Glad the unemployment capped at 8%.

http://otrans.3cdn.net/ee40602f9a7d8172b8_ozm6bt5oi.pdf

Last edited by panerd : 11-15-2010 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:39 AM   #12229
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
2) Basically, people aren't just successful because of themselves, but of the society that has been built that allows them to be successful.

What percentage of people in the US are "unsuccessful"? how much would your more gov't control of society lower the unsuccessful rate? at what cost?

here are 3 gov't truths i give my students, i am amazed you preach against each one:
1. Everything is a trade-off. The more equal you make society the more rights you give up
2. The more centralized the government the less capacity it has to change and adapt to individual needs
3. Economic equality = more government control = less motivation/ incentive
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 06:24 AM   #12230
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah those predictions are always so historically accurate. They predicted this crisis back in 2007 right?

Here is some reading from just a few years ago. Glad the unemployment capped at 8%.

http://otrans.3cdn.net/ee40602f9a7d8172b8_ozm6bt5oi.pdf

Federal Reserve predictions and White House predictions are not the same. Do you really want to argue that unemployment is going to be significantly better than that in two years?
Old 11-16-2010, 06:26 AM   #12231
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
What percentage of people in the US are "unsuccessful"? how much would your more gov't control of society lower the unsuccessful rate? at what cost?

here are 3 gov't truths i give my students, i am amazed you preach against each one:
1. Everything is a trade-off. The more equal you make society the more rights you give up
2. The more centralized the government the less capacity it has to change and adapt to individual needs
3. Economic equality = more government control = less motivation/ incentive

Those truths seems to lead to an end point where maximum inequality = maximum freedom. Would we really be more free if one person controlled 99% of the nation's wealth?
Old 11-16-2010, 07:39 AM   #12232
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Federal Reserve predictions and White House predictions are not the same. Do you really want to argue that unemployment is going to be significantly better than that in two years?

No I am actually arguing the exact opposite. I guess I didn't understand your initial post, I thought you were saying those numbers were a good sign.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:32 AM   #12233
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
How much do you feel parenting plays a role in your education?

Obviously a decent amount. However, also obviously, good schools produce better education than bad schools. Having good pro-education parents and bad schools wouldn't necessarily be better than bad pro-education parents and good schools.

And it seems quite harsh to condemn a child to a less than optimal future simply because their parents didn't value education. Though it appears US society likes to do that sometimes (which is why social mobility is far less than we assume... and less these days than in European countries, IIRC).
Old 11-16-2010, 10:37 AM   #12234
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Don't you remember the days of great freedom of the 1880's, where children still had the freedom to work 16 hours a day, women still had the freedom to be beaten or raped by their husbands, White Anglo-Saxon Protestant's still had the freedom to deny rights to other's, and blacks had the freedom to be stuck in a cycle of sharecropping forever?

Yawn.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:41 AM   #12235
fpres
High School JV

Quote:
Don't you remember the days of great freedom of the 1880's, where children still had the freedom to work 16 hours a day, women still had the freedom to be beaten or raped by their husbands, White Anglo-Saxon Protestant's still had the freedom to deny rights to other's, and blacks had the freedom to be stuck in a cycle of sharecropping forever?

Sarcasm is a tool best used sparingly.
fpres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #12236
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Those truths seems to lead to an end point where maximum inequality = maximum freedom. Would we really be more free if one person controlled 99% of the nation's wealth?

I'm pretty sure that isn't what he was saying.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 10:44 AM   #12237
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpres View Post
Sarcasm is a tool best used sparingly.

Not if your name is HyperBollea.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:05 AM   #12238
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
I'm pretty sure that isn't what he was saying.

But if any reduction in inequality leads to reduced freedom that's the end point.
Old 11-16-2010, 11:46 AM   #12239
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Those truths seems to lead to an end point where maximum inequality = maximum freedom.

Oh, it's not an either/or. the most important part of the truths is "everything is a trade off." they absolutely could be written in the reverse. i chose to put them in that language because steve seems to not understand what is given up in order to reach his goal.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:01 PM   #12240
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
Oh, it's not an either/or. the most important part of the truths is "everything is a trade off." they absolutely could be written in the reverse. i chose to put them in that language because steve seems to not understand what is given up in order to reach his goal.

The way you stated them they certainly are either or propositions.

I believe in FDR's four freedoms, so I don't think freedom is simply limited to government action. How free can you be if you can't afford food and shelter?
Old 11-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #12241
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

If everyone hates the "great strip mall/big box homogeneous blob large chunks" of the US then why does everyone shop there?

I generally find them to be of great convenience.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:06 PM   #12242
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

what's funny is all those things were "fixed" by a system that you think needs to be replaced
Old 11-16-2010, 12:37 PM   #12243
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

LOL - too funny
Old 11-17-2010, 10:55 AM   #12244
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

So now the GOP is going to block ratification of the new START treaty. Doesn't matter that the military sees it as essential, previous Defense Secs see it as essential, previous Secs of State see it as essential, foreign policy types of both parties see it as essential, no the important thing is to not let Obama achieve anything.
Old 11-17-2010, 12:19 PM   #12245
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So now the GOP is going to block ratification of the new START treaty. Doesn't matter that the military sees it as essential, previous Defense Secs see it as essential, previous Secs of State see it as essential, foreign policy types of both parties see it as essential, no the important thing is to not let Obama achieve anything.

If the damn Democrats could just get on message like this it would totally backfire. Unfortunately I have no faith in the party as a whole to define such a coherent message...
Old 11-17-2010, 12:35 PM   #12246
JediKooter
Coordinator

I liked it better when it was called SALT.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 12:53 PM   #12247
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I liked it better when it was called SALT.

I know you're being funny, but I feel the need to point out that START is much better than SALT.

Strategic Arms Reduction is far better than Strategic Arms Limitation.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:06 PM   #12248
JediKooter
Coordinator

Yes, I was being funny, but, I thought that SALT also had a reduction provision in it as well?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #12249
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
If the damn Democrats could just get on message like this it would totally backfire. Unfortunately I have no faith in the party as a whole to define such a coherent message...

I certainly wouldn't mind the political hammer, but this is about a hell of a lot more than politics. Obama has already capitulated to all of Kyl's demand and he still backs out so as to not give Obama a victory. It's infuriating that the GOP is willing to play a fucking game with a critical component of our security.

Country first, bitches.
Old 11-17-2010, 01:54 PM   #12250
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

A childrens book written by Obama is being released this week. In it a father talks about Americans that have inspired him. One of the Americans is Sitting Bull. Fox News ran the following headline:

Quote:
Obama Praises Indian Chief Who Killed U.S. General

I have to admit, that is so over the top I find it funny.