Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How is Obama doing? (poll started 6/6)
Great - above my expectations 18 6.87%
Good - met most of my expectations 66 25.19%
Average - so so, disappointed a little 64 24.43%
Bad - sold us out 101 38.55%
Trout - don't know yet 13 4.96%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #12051
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
heh, a democratic house canidate in Virginia 1 is named Krystal Ball. Surely someone has mentioned this before, but if not, it's hilarious.

I did not know that. I am grateful to have that knowledge

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:19 AM   #12052
larrymcg421
Head Coach

So not happy with what's about to happen tomorrow. I predict GOP +55 in the House and +7 in the Senate.

The one loss above all that really hurts is Feingold. He's a great man and has been a great Senator. The only guy that had the guts to vote against the Patriot Act. Was against the war from the beginning. Wisonsin is about to turn their backs on him.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #12053
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Here's some pre-tally punditry for you, no charge: It'll be a night of GOP gains but not at the record-shattering levels that have been discussed in some circles today & about 3 short of retaking the Senate.

Right now I'm leaning toward something a couple of seats short of the 53 currently predicted by 538. I think the early balloting will counteract the continued fall in the polls in a few races, just enough to change the expected outcomes.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:26 AM   #12054
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The next two years are going to be 95-97 all over again. The only thing, though, I really worry about is the glee that so many in the GOP feel for pushing the country into default. If they really refuse to increase the debt limit we're all screwed.
Old 11-02-2010, 06:27 AM   #12055
lungs
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
So not happy with what's about to happen tomorrow. I predict GOP +55 in the House and +7 in the Senate.

The one loss above all that really hurts is Feingold. He's a great man and has been a great Senator. The only guy that had the guts to vote against the Patriot Act. Was against the war from the beginning. Wisonsin is about to turn their backs on him.

As a resident of Wisconsin, I'm absolutely ashamed that we are about to throw Feingold out of office. Especially for Ron Johnson. The guy has absolutely no ideas.

I wish it would've been Herb Kohl up for reelection this year rather than Feingold.
lungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:30 AM   #12056
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

And my prediction is a huge wave.

House +66

Senate +9 (and a Lieberman shift to throw the Senate to the GOP)
Old 11-02-2010, 06:33 AM   #12057
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Weren't the Republicans expected to keep the Senate in 2006 but didn't? Seems similar to this election. I'm guessing that the wave is much bigger than people expect because the people who vote for change will be much more motivated than those who don't.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #12058
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Weren't the Republicans expected to keep the Senate in 2006 but didn't? Seems similar to this election. I'm guessing that the wave is much bigger than people expect because the people who vote for change will be much more motivated than those who don't.

Rightly or wrongly, this is the first election I can remember where there's a bit of a backlash, tho. I can't remember the last time I've heard a few people say "I wouldn't normally vote but the other guy is batshit crazy".

That said, it's probably still going to be a pretty ugly night for the Dems. As usual, their specialty is screwing up elections and this one was going to be a loss either way. But their ineptitude of being able to stay on message and their complete lack of unity on much of anything isn't going to help.

Five Thirty Eight has some "fun" reading from both sides, if you want to try to feel optimistic about one side's chances:
5 Reasons Republicans Could Do Even Better Than Expected - NYTimes.com
5 Reasons Democrats Could Beat the Polls and Hold the House - NYTimes.com

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:47 AM   #12059
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I can't remember the last time I've heard a few people say "I wouldn't normally vote but the other guy is batshit crazy".

Hey, that's the price the Libertarians pay for being on the ballot. Welcome to Hollywood

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-02-2010 at 06:47 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 06:55 AM   #12060
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Rightly or wrongly, this is the first election I can remember where there's a bit of a backlash, tho. I can't remember the last time I've heard a few people say "I wouldn't normally vote but the other guy is batshit crazy".

That said, it's probably still going to be a pretty ugly night for the Dems. As usual, their specialty is screwing up elections and this one was going to be a loss either way. But their ineptitude of being able to stay on message and their complete lack of unity on much of anything isn't going to help.

Five Thirty Eight has some "fun" reading from both sides, if you want to try to feel optimistic about one side's chances:
5 Reasons Republicans Could Do Even Better Than Expected - NYTimes.com
5 Reasons Democrats Could Beat the Polls and Hold the House - NYTimes.com

SI
I think 2006 had that backlash feel to it. Maybe not the crazy people running thing, but it had a lot of people who decided they needed to get their representative out of office. And 2008 saw a lot of people who wouldn't normally vote head out to the polls for various reasons.

These days elections are mainly backlash elections. With cable news on 24/7 and an endless stream of hate speech on TV and radio, you're just going to have tons of people riled up about something every 2 years.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 07:02 AM   #12061
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

My relatively lukewarm endorsements for today's Georgia ballot are now on the blog Election Day 2010 « Jon's Three Cents
Old 11-02-2010, 08:03 AM   #12062
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Today is the first time I've voted in about 16 years. I don't see a point in trading my relatively moderate democrat for a republican, but I suppose she will lose. Sestak vs Toomey is just an ugly choice to make.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #12063
Buccaneer
Head Coach

So that is what it comes down to? When reading the people's comments on many articles and opinions, the Democrats only argument is not to have Republitards (of whatever they call them) back in control. It's not vote for us in the positive but vote for us because of the negatives of the past. Perhaps there are no positives in our current system of two-party politics? Two years ago, I went on and on about the evils of a one-party government. I was right and now it is your chance to have a split Congress. Keep the Senate Dems but make the House Reps. In 2012, we can reshuffle the deck again as long as it cannot be a one-party government.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #12064
miked
College Starter

Voted this morning. Want to puke seeing all these options on the ballot. Nathan Deal? Really? Against Roy Barnes? Does anyone remember the 49th ranked education system he ran? Casey Cagle? Johnny Isaakson? It's like the who's who of the robovotes. I had to laugh seeing all these commercials with Isaakson talking about how spending was out of control and he was for reducing taxes and cutting spending...neither of which he did in his first term. But in GA all you have to do is shout out against gays, stem cell research, and taxes and you'll get the votes. Even Barnes wanted to adopt an Arizona-style immigration bill.

And I voted heck no on 1. It stinks of corporate bullying/bribery of the legislation to uphold these awful no-bid, anti-compete contacts. I would expect Nathan Deal to love this since a company he had a stake in (or owned) as a congressman got a very nice no-bid, exclusive deal that was very lucrative for them. I don't want to give these fools any more power than they already have, let alone ones that allow them to pick and choose no-bid deals that exclude competition.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:13 AM   #12065
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Many of my friends and in Cali are hopeful for the passage of Prop 19.
Old 11-02-2010, 09:48 AM   #12066
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Many of my friends and in Cali are hopeful for the passage of Prop 19.

There's nothing I want more than THE decisive fed/state fight to be over marijuana. Then we'll have something people care about at stake, then we'll have something so many people believe is within the proper legislating powers of the states and their individual and unique culture/history.

Just voted myself. I used a six-tier process for the most part.

1. Eliminate anybody whom I have at least second-hand knowledge of corrupt practices.
2. For national legislators - vote for anyone with big ideas and actual proven actions regarding energy reform/alternative energy.
3. After that, any 3rd party/independent candidates with a pulse that are at least somewhat competent for the job.
4. After that, eliminate anyone with a high enough degree of liberal smugness that it reminds me of FOFC. Those candidates often allege beliefs in some honorable things, but they tend to think they're already god's gift to politics and the world, and won't have to deliver anything in office.
5. If there's still multiple candidates for an office, go with the democrat if they preach/act on financial restraint to any degree at all. (State republicans lose to the final tiebreaker for me, because they operate such a cartel in this state. So I always like to see a few of them getting kicked out here and there so they don't get too comfortable).
6. For non-political positions (like coroner) go with the guy already in office unless he screwed something up since last election bad enough for me to know about it.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 10:31 AM   #12067
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
And I voted heck no on 1. It stinks of corporate bullying/bribery of the legislation to uphold these awful no-bid, anti-compete contacts.

Do you mean 3 & 4 perhaps? Those dealt with allowing government agencies to enter into multi-year contracts.

A1 was about making non-competes a bit more enforceable in Georgia, while R1 (the only referendum on the ballot) had to do with removing the ad valorem tax from inventory on hand (something that only a handful of states still do).

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-02-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: fixed my own typo
Old 11-02-2010, 10:36 AM   #12068
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
So that is what it comes down to? When reading the people's comments on many articles and opinions, the Democrats only argument is not to have Republitards (of whatever they call them) back in control. It's not vote for us in the positive but vote for us because of the negatives of the past. Perhaps there are no positives in our current system of two-party politics? Two years ago, I went on and on about the evils of a one-party government. I was right and now it is your chance to have a split Congress. Keep the Senate Dems but make the House Reps. In 2012, we can reshuffle the deck again as long as it cannot be a one-party government.

I'm not going to defend the weak-kneed, ineffectual Congressional Dems and I won't feel sorry for the vast majority of those that have to go be lobbyists next year. However, it's not in my power to establish a split government. All I can do is vote for a Rep and, in an odd twist in NY, two Senators. Shouldn't I vote for the people I think will do the best job at advancing the policies I think are important?
Old 11-02-2010, 11:41 AM   #12069
stevew
Hall Of Famer

LOL at all these states that have dozens of shit to vote for. Our ballot in PA? 5 choices.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:43 AM   #12070
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
My relatively lukewarm endorsements for today's Georgia ballot are now on the blog Election Day 2010 « Jon's Three Cents

Somewhat surprisingly, I'm actually with you on #2, though certainly for different reasons.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:52 AM   #12071
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post

Yay, Bucc is here to lecture us again!

Am I disappointed in the Democrats? Sure. But why am I going to vote for a party that runs counter to everything I believe in? Not gonna happen. I don't care who's in charge of what branch.

Also, it's pretty silly to argue we have one party government with the current Supreme Court.

Old 11-02-2010, 12:25 PM   #12072
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Voted this morning. Want to puke seeing all these options on the ballot. Nathan Deal? Really? Against Roy Barnes? Does anyone remember the 49th ranked education system he ran? Casey Cagle? Johnny Isaakson? It's like the who's who of the robovotes. I had to laugh seeing all these commercials with Isaakson talking about how spending was out of control and he was for reducing taxes and cutting spending...neither of which he did in his first term. But in GA all you have to do is shout out against gays, stem cell research, and taxes and you'll get the votes. Even Barnes wanted to adopt an Arizona-style immigration bill.

And I voted heck no on 1. It stinks of corporate bullying/bribery of the legislation to uphold these awful no-bid, anti-compete contacts. I would expect Nathan Deal to love this since a company he had a stake in (or owned) as a congressman got a very nice no-bid, exclusive deal that was very lucrative for them. I don't want to give these fools any more power than they already have, let alone ones that allow them to pick and choose no-bid deals that exclude competition.

What's #1 about?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #12073
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
What's #1 about?

#1 involves a change in state law, which would allow courts to enforce provisions in non-compete clauses that were deemed legal/reasonable while rejecting provisions which were disallowed by the court for whatever reason.

Under current Georgia law, if any portion is found to be improper then the entire agreement is deemed unenforceable.
Old 11-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #12074
Izulde
Head Coach

It was a tough choice for me whether to keep my Wisconsin registration or switch to Nevada. In the end, I decided I needed to fight Tea Party insanity in Nevada more.

Feingold and Reid both being ousted, which looks fairly likely to happen, would be a damn shame. Two long-serving Senators who have done a lot of good for their respective states.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 01:15 PM   #12075
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
In the end, I decided I needed to fight Tea Party insanity in Nevada more.

Entirely meaningless of course but FWIW I'd be more surprised if Reid lost than I would if Feingold lost.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:47 PM   #12076
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Entirely meaningless of course but FWIW I'd be more surprised if Reid lost than I would if Feingold lost.

No doubt. Feingold is toast unless the pollsters are way off. Reid might win only because he's up against Angle. If the GOP nominated a sane candidate, Reid would be losing as badly as Blanche Lincoln.

Also is the fact that McConnell has not campaigned against Reid, probably realizing that he'd rather work with Harry Reid than Chuck Schumer (who would be Majority Leader if Reid loses).

Old 11-02-2010, 01:49 PM   #12077
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I think Reid's a good man, but he's been a terribly ineffective leader. Regardless of whether he wins or loses he should be replaced.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Dems never replace ineffective leaders.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:03 PM   #12078
Butter
Coordinator

Reid and Pelosi have both been awful. I will be glad to see someone else as the legislative face of the party for a change, frankly.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:07 PM   #12079
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post
Reid and Pelosi have both been awful. I will be glad to see someone else as the legislative face of the party for a change, frankly.

But at the price of having Sharron "Sharia law is being implemented in the US!" Angle in the Senate for 6 years?

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 11-02-2010 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:10 PM   #12080
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This is the third election season I've lived in a different state, so I'm always sort of woefully behind on the intensely locale issues and I don't feel enough kinship to either of the major parties to feel the need to protest and vote.

Same day voting is great, but...the only candidate I'd vote for is someone I actually had a class in college who is running for an at-large city council, but truth be told...I've seen him in town a few times and even though he did add me on Facebook, he never actually said hello and hilarious and petty as this is, that's off-putting. Plus, I know nothing about who he's running against.

It's a strange universe for a guy who was actively involved in campaigns into my early 20s, but...I've just soured largely on the remarkable state of our political affairs these days. It's weird, but I don't really feel all that bad about it.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #12081
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69 View Post

What's Pelosi done wrong? She's no Tip O'Neill, but she's been pretty effective as a leader IMO.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:36 PM   #12082
Butter
Coordinator

How so?
Old 11-02-2010, 02:39 PM   #12083
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
But at the price of having Sharron "Sharia law is being implemented in the US!" Angle in the Senate for 6 years?

Hey, I didn't say there wouldn't be costs.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #12084
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I think Reid's a good man, but he's been a terribly ineffective leader. Regardless of whether he wins or loses he should be replaced.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Dems never replace ineffective leaders.

I just worry about what's going to happen with the state of Nevada if Angle's elected. There's a world of difference in power between your state having the Senate Majority Leader and having a crackhead freshman Senator everyone avoids (I forget who Nevada's other senator is).

Old 11-02-2010, 02:45 PM   #12085
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Since this is also kind of a general election thread, I'll share this here.

Been voting 25 years as of this election, in precincts from tiny towns to metro Atlanta but a few minutes ago was the very first time I've ever spoken to a poll worker about improper campaigning activities on-site. I mean, the "no campaigning within 150 feet of a polling place" rule has existed my entire recollection & no matter where I lived it seemed pretty much respected (largely because it was so easy to get spanked for & so obvious when you do it). But on the front porch of the polling site, just around the corner from the entrance used by voters, there's a trio of half-wits waving their signs for all their worth.

Poll workers said they've been dealing with them most of the day, moving them back to the required distance & then going back again as the slowly creep back inside the line.

Irony, for the FOFC folks here who think they know me at least, is that the morons are backing the most conservative guy in a local school board race (that I didn't even know existed until yesterday) whose major campaign plank is the desire to create public charter schools based on "the teaching of God's word". Well intentioned or not, I quickly dismiss anyone campaigning on the basis of something they have zero percent chance of successfully accomplishing & voted for one of his competitors without much hesitation.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 11-02-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:01 PM   #12086
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

My prediction: 65 House Seats lost, and in the Senate, Dems JUST survive with 51 senators. (If it's 50, the biggest ever full court press will happen with Lieberman)

Last edited by SirFozzie : 11-02-2010 at 03:01 PM.
SirFozzie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 03:09 PM   #12087
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
My prediction: 65 House Seats lost, and in the Senate, Dems JUST survive with 51 senators. (If it's 50, the biggest ever full court press will happen with Lieberman)

65 and 51 seems like a pretty worst-case scenario.

I just don't see it being that bad. Not that it's going to be GOOD, but I can't see my way to it being that bad.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:35 PM   #12088
molson
General Manager

I see a projection for 51.6 Democrat Senators.

I'm all for that depending on which two senators they plan on cutting in half to make that work.

Last edited by molson : 11-02-2010 at 03:35 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:40 PM   #12089
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
I see a projection for 51.6 Democrat Senators.

I'm all for that depending on which two senators they plan on cutting in half to make that work.

Maybe Christine O'Donnel could make it happen with her witchcraft
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:09 PM   #12090
Swaggs
Coordinator

I wouldn't want to be Ben Nelson's or Joe Lieberman's cell phone tomorrow morning.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:20 PM   #12091
JediKooter
Coordinator

As long as Dewey defeats Truman, all should be well.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:32 PM   #12092
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Love to see McCain making a last minute effort to get Sharron Angle. I mean, seriously? She's exactly the opposite type of Republican he's been throughout his career. What a joke.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #12093
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Love to see McCain making a last minute effort to get Sharron Angle. I mean, seriously? She's exactly the opposite type of Republican he's been throughout his career. What a joke.

Yeah it's sad to see how he's declined the last few years.

That said, Angle is probably going to win, much as I hate to say it. Reid's elections have always been extremely close to begin with, and while southern Nevada usually votes Democrat and northern Nevada Republican, Reno, a traditional Democratic stronghold, is likely going to be much closer, if not go red, because Angle's from there.

And in a race this close, that could well be the difference.

Old 11-02-2010, 04:38 PM   #12094
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

While it is sad to see the demise of McCain, I can see him getting out the vote for Angle because knocking off the Senate Majority Leader is a HUGE deal.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:11 PM   #12095
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
Even conservatives admit she's been an effective speaker. But, if you want things done. OK. A larger stimulus, a health care bill w/ a public option, cap 'n' trade passed, a better financial reform bill, and about 450 bills that were passed waiting for the Senate to do anything about them.

I would argue that getting these passed were good for her, however, to pass them and allow your party to get steamrolled in the next election for passing them is not.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #12096
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I would argue that getting these passed were good for her, however, to pass them and allow your party to get steamrolled in the next election for passing them is not.

I completely disagree. The prize is governing, not winning elections. IMO the biggest problem with Senate Dems is that too many of them see reelection as the ultimate goal. There's no point in me voting for someone who isn't prepared to do anything when they get to Washington.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:29 PM   #12097
dbd1963
High School JV

Wish there was an option between "met most" and "average" because Obama has done quite a bit to change things in ways I like, but he did NOT try very hard for changes I'd have liked more. Public option would have saved billions, didn't even try. (In fact, rumor has it he'd already promised the health care lobby he would get that off the table.)

But changes like these are very hard to accomplish in ordinary times. The opposition is very vocal, support not so strong during a "great recession." I don't know how much more he realistically could have done. He shows himself to be a pragmatist, which is probably actually the best thing for us at this time.
dbd1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 05:34 PM   #12098
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post

Of course, let's not forget that Clinton, who wimped out on Health Care and Gays in the Military, still got steamrolled in his first midterm by about the same amount that we're about to see today.

I am disappointed with a number of things Obama has done, but I admire him for doing what it took to get Health Care reform passed. Sure, it was watered down and he spent all of his politicap capitol to do it, but it was worth it to get something done finally. Pre-existing conditions gone. Lifetime caps done. Everyone has access to coverage. All of these are good things.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:35 PM   #12099
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Outside of civil liberties, which is a huge black eye, I don't have a lot of issues with Obama. My problems come with the weak-willed, useless Congressional delegation. That's why it's hard for me to get too upset that a bunch of them are going to start their careers as lobbyists.
Old 11-02-2010, 05:37 PM   #12100
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBollea View Post
"The result was passage of the most important social legislation in decades."

Wow, the legacy of that health care "reform" gets better and better every day. The attitude sure was different back when the public option was first kicked, and right when the health insurance company lobbyists were assured their interests would be taken care of first. Makes you wonder why anyone could argue that a public option, or even a single-player system, was needed at all when what we ended up with was so glorious anyway.

Last edited by molson : 11-02-2010 at 05:40 PM.