Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-20-2012, 12:44 AM   #1151
Danny
Head Coach

Not sure about Chubby and especially Julio at this point.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:53 AM   #1152
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
abe has been so quiet and mysterious, but he's been studying. Or he says he's studying in thread and is actually not studying. Is there proof of abe actually doing things?

I've been quiet? You've not seen proof of my studying? Are you maybe seeing a different game than the rest of us?

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:00 AM   #1153
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post

Hey, my cooking aside, I'm doin' my part to get us off this rock. You'll keep me around if you know whats good for ya.. Not nutritionally- but I'll keep our shit in order.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #1154
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

now i'm gonna go patrol for the night. Don't let me catch any of you higher ups doing anything I don't approve of.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #1155
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I've been quiet? You've not seen proof of my studying? Are you maybe seeing a different game than the rest of us?

not "schmidty" quiet mind you, but most of your posts have been smartass comments and jokes. Mind you I really have no idea how you behave as a player either way in WW. Granted starting out as a miner there isn't much to say other than trying to add to conversations, but now that you're a trainer I at least expected you to let us know what was going on with it and how training works and what your ideas are about who to train for what.

But granted some people play this game with total secrecy as a villager. So as I said. I don't know much about you either way.
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #1156
Danny
Head Coach

Just want to say good job to Autumn so far for your activity and organization.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:19 AM   #1157
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Just want to say good job to Autumn so far for your activity and organization.

probably means he'll be a lynch candidate soon
Old 06-20-2012, 01:38 AM   #1158
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
but most of your posts have been smartass comments and jokes.

ummm...I was one of the firs tones to push for no vote yesterday, and today when the vote seemed to be moving i na two man race, I moved to keep mauboy in it and keep things interesting. If that's your definition of "quiet" then you need to get a new dictionary. Might I suggest:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/quiet?s=t

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #1159
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
ummm...I was one of the firs tones to push for no vote yesterday, and today when the vote seemed to be moving i na two man race, I moved to keep mauboy in it and keep things interesting. If that's your definition of "quiet" then you need to get a new dictionary. Might I suggest:

that's my favorite definition sight! And it has a link to bible quotes!

Seriously, just want to hear more from you. Or maybe I expected to hear more as far as game-related planning. And granted I love a good smartass comment as much as the next guy. But I don't really call voting to mean "not quiet" though. BUt I'm glad you're answering my comments at least. That's what being "not quiet" is to me.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:44 AM   #1160
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Man, Julio's potroast gave me the runs. I dedicate tonight's poop to Narcizo who should be here but isn't because he missed the spaceship.

I wonder if the roast was roast spawn.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:48 AM   #1161
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Narcizo who should be here but isn't because he missed the spaceship.

Or did he????
Old 06-20-2012, 01:51 AM   #1162
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

Danny, why are you suspicious of Julio?
He's been here at least. Granted he's not had a lot to do just being a miner and having his orders given to him.

Hmmm I guess I'm doublestandarding abe as that's the same case for him.
Old 06-20-2012, 02:02 AM   #1163
Danny
Head Coach

Not suspicious of him, but not trusting either. Him and Chubby are in middle ground.
Old 06-20-2012, 03:49 AM   #1164
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

We should have one of the scientists help Abe with his studying tonight so he can complete his trainer studying.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:08 AM   #1165
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
We should have one of the scientists help Abe with his studying tonight so he can complete his trainer studying.

who are you talking to JAG? Isn't it a little late to ask people for that? Or are you saying that's the orders you're giving them.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:31 AM   #1166
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Night orders aren't due for a couple hours yet I believe, so I'm talking to whoever gets here first between Schmidty and Britrock, assuming one of them hopefully logs on before they are due. If they don't, Abe should probably just sleep tonight.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:33 AM   #1167
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

BK, was W3 successfully converted? I don't believe it was listed on the report.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #1168
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Off to work til 3. I think shit is going down at work today so not sure if ill be able to post when I go to the bank lr not
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #1169
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
Off to work til 3. I think shit is going down at work today so not sure if ill be able to post when I go to the bank lr not

chubby I think JAG can PM your orders to BK for you based on what our needs are. But of course always nice to see your smiling face.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:06 AM   #1170
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Night orders aren't due for a couple hours yet I believe, so I'm talking to whoever gets here first between Schmidty and Britrock, assuming one of them hopefully logs on before they are due.

dream on, high commander, dream on...
Old 06-20-2012, 05:51 AM   #1171
hoopsguy
General Manager

JAG, since you are around and probably a bit more on top of things than me at this point - I'm looking to do some work on converting buildings this evening. Which one should I be targeting?

Any other engineers that arrive in time this morning - join me on a building and the two of us can get 6 points done.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #1172
hoopsguy
General Manager

Dola - fell asleep last night (got one hour of sleep the night before) and missed the vote. Very unlike me, and it appears that it was a significant one. If we put together a vote/unvote chart from yesterday I get the sense that there may be some protection going on there. In particular, I want to see how big the Simbo lead got before it was dialed back down and Mauboy ended up on the receiving end.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:02 AM   #1173
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
JAG, since you are around and probably a bit more on top of things than me at this point - I'm looking to do some work on converting buildings this evening. Which one should I be targeting?

Any other engineers that arrive in time this morning - join me on a building and the two of us can get 6 points done.

I don't have a lot of time to look at this unfortunately, but I know Julio had a post with thoughts on a conversion order of things. I don't know that it's the most effective way to go, but it was one set of thoughts. I don't think we want to do crew quarters yet, we could maybe do one of the power facilities since we have a backup available. I wouldn't do the one that connects with the perimeter fence though.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:10 AM   #1174
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Hey guys. Was looking at things too. Why would we need to convert things that don't need converted? Do we need that stuff in space? I assumed that when the credits role during liftoff that we are home free! This isn't Aliens (2) after all!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:17 AM   #1175
hoopsguy
General Manager

No, liftoff is not the end of the game. It just takes some options away from Spawn (and us) in terms of turning the game into a more standard WW game ... oversimplification, but that is what the lift-off means.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:18 AM   #1176
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
My proposed order of operations, even though I am not calling the shots:

Assuming we have 40 water backing us up:

1. Warehouse 3 (7 cycles)
2. Officer Offices (7 cycles)
--
3. Armory (4)
4. Brig (4)
5. Power Facility 5 (5)
--
6. Sci Lab (2)
7. Med Facilities (4)
8. Security HQ (2)
9. Power Facility 2 (5)
--
10. Water Plant (7)
11. Power Facility 1 (5)
--
12. Power Facility 4 (5)
13. Warehouse 5 (7)

We use 20 water from the warehouse to get through the day unscathed.
--
14. Crew Quarters (10) Going without water for a day to help weed out spawn.

Then we GTFO, hopefully with some added info as to who are spawn and who are not. We can get un-dehydrated when we get back on the ship.

This may be a flawed view of it, but this leaves everything requiring less work as time goes on, to try and compensate for any loss of workers. It also allows us to get on the ship with some added info once we get dehydrated on that last day.

Okay here was julio's list. okay the first problem with it is that taking the armory and brig they are unusable until the Security HQ gets there. But BK said that if we convert the Security HQ onto the ship, the armory AND the brig still work on the ground.

One thing the discussions seem to be missing is that the way I understand it, things that are converted to the ship are still usable to us. They just won't be in operation until they are COMPLETELY converted. It doesn't seem like you guys think that. I think that's how it works. BK please tell me if this is true.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:19 AM   #1177
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

BK, did the research Schmidty did use up any of our stores of crystlium?
Old 06-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #1178
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hey guys. Was looking at things too. Why would we need to convert things that don't need converted? Do we need that stuff in space? I assumed that when the credits role during liftoff that we are home free! This isn't Aliens (2) after all!

We probably want things like the science lab and medical place on the ship at least even if they aren't necessary, since those facilities would be pretty useful to have (I think, though we don't know exactly what we can / can't do without them).
Old 06-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #1179
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Lift-off
In order to lift-off, the Power Facilities must not be damaged, the Cargo Hold must have the required amount of Crystlium, and all required buildings must be converted. The Captain orders the lift-off by posting the order in the thread. Once all conditions are met lift-off takes place immediately.

After lift-off no new spawn may be planted (although Spawn may still evolve).

I guess I'm missing the part in the rules about what the required buildings are that must be converted.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:22 AM   #1180
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I think we definitely need to move the water during a time we have a LOT of extra water and we should expect it to take 2 days. (we will try for one and settle for two in case)
Old 06-20-2012, 06:23 AM   #1181
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I think Julio revised that list at some point also CF. A couple times in fact, if you have time to look, only 40 mins til deadline.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #1182
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
I guess I'm missing the part in the rules about what the required buildings are that must be converted.

It is listed in the description of each building. A couple of people summarized that. I'll try and find one of those.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:24 AM   #1183
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
The Ship
In this game the Survivors must construct the ship they will use to escape the planet. This will happen by converting Planet Facilities into Ship Modules. The following must be present for the ship to take off:

Power Facilities (at least 4 of the 5)
Water Processing
Cargo Holds 1-3
CrewQuarters
Officers’ Offices

It is optional as to whether the other Planet Facilities are converted. Once a facility is converted into a Ship Module, it provides no benefit, except where noted, until after Lift-Off.

So this tells me what not to convert, but I don't know (probably missing this) how much conversion needs to happen to make the ship we need to take off.

Does the conversion of Power Facilties turn the land-based power facility into a ship-based power facility?
Old 06-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #1184
hoopsguy
General Manager

Since we have to have 4 of the 5 power facilities done, that seems like a decent place to go - I'm going to submit a PM to work on #2 (brig/armory/securityHQ). Crimson, if you join me we should get 6 cycles done.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:29 AM   #1185
hoopsguy
General Manager

Order submitted, back on later this morning.
Old 06-20-2012, 06:58 AM   #1186
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Given that we could have an Empath in the game, perhaps you can cancel the 5th and answer the question.

coerced statements will always come back true...you cant make anyone say something to be tested
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #1187
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Since we have to have 4 of the 5 power facilities done, that seems like a decent place to go - I'm going to submit a PM to work on #2 (brig/armory/securityHQ). Crimson, if you join me we should get 6 cycles done.

are you certain we can use 6 cycles split across 3 things like that? BK can we?

I will submit the conditional order however to help you Hoops.
Also tho will wait to make sure we can use all this stuff while it is on the ship while we are still here.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #1188
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

He means the power facility that controls those three areas.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:43 AM   #1189
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

oh. but then we can't use the brig or armory or hq. Shit this sucks. DAMN YOU GODFORSAKEN ROCK! DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLL!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:48 AM   #1190
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
oh. but then we can't use the brig or armory or hq. Shit this sucks. DAMN YOU GODFORSAKEN ROCK! DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Well, we won't be finishing them yet - just near completion, right? So that leaves additional discussion for others today on when we should finish that building conversion.

I believe we could use the spare to power those buildings for now, if we want to go ahead and finish things up. That is why I didn't choose the spare - I wanted us to have greater flexibility. The other choices were water (that was a pretty quick no for me) and scientists (again, wanted discussion but this was "runner-up" for me).
Old 06-20-2012, 07:56 AM   #1191
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

Dictionary.com does all sorts of tracking of visitors so I recommend getting a different dictionary than that
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #1192
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

hoops since it isn't day yet mwe probably have to wait until BK says it's day and posts night results.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:05 AM   #1193
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Well, we won't be finishing them yet - just near completion, right? So that leaves additional discussion for others today on when we should finish that building conversion.

I believe we could use the spare to power those buildings for now, if we want to go ahead and finish things up. That is why I didn't choose the spare - I wanted us to have greater flexibility. The other choices were water (that was a pretty quick no for me) and scientists (again, wanted discussion but this was "runner-up" for me).

All that plus no power doesn't mean we can't use the buildings at all, just that "certain functions" are not allowed.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #1194
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
BK, was W3 successfully converted? I don't believe it was listed on the report.

It was. I had some problems with my GoogleDoc where I was doing the writeup. Thanks for pointing this out.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #1195
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Any place requiring power will lose functionality when converted to the ship before liftoff. The power on the ship is an "all or nothing" situation. Once the 4 required power facilities are present on the ship anything requiring power will work again. The following places remain functional on the ship after conversion but before liftoff:
Officers Offices
Crew Quarters
Warehouses 1-5
Old 06-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #1196
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

well shit we're fucked.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #1197
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

So crew quarters should be next if we do it all in one shot.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:15 AM   #1198
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
well shit we're fucked.

Not sure I follow ...
Old 06-20-2012, 08:19 AM   #1199
Autumn
Head Coach

So there's a bigger lag for anything that is powered. We would have to move it, anything else that's powered, and then move all the power facilities. That's rough.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:20 AM   #1200
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Not sure I follow ...

well, things that require power (aka anything useful) won't work until we get all FOUR power things converted PLUS each of the rooms themselves. Because while we are converting the power facilities, none of the shit hooked into it will work. So we're talking days and days of most of the useful buildings not working. And we haven't even gotten to needing repairs yet.