Old 03-12-2009, 03:30 PM   #1151
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Down goes KU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
I don't think KU had a realistic shot at a 1 seed. This more than likely might drop them from a 2/3 to a 3/4.

So what do you guys figure on the Big XII seeds then?

I was thinking Missouri was likely to be a 4 with Kansas/OU being a pair of deuces (with maybe one of them sneaking into a 1; I thought ESPN radio might have been overly optimistic at the idea of BOTH of them being 1's, but I mention it because they get paid to talk about this stuff, and I don't), but that was before today.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:34 PM   #1152
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Getting excited for the U of Washington game. For those of you who haven't watched them they are a ton of fun. Jon Brockman is a beast, averages a double-double and plays as hard as anyone, Isiah Thomas is a really talented young guard and Justin Dentmon and Quincy Pondextor give them good veteran scoring options.

Hopefully they can win the Pac-10 and get a good NCAA seed.

Go Stanford! Washington should control the game, though. I'll be pulling for them in the tourney.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:38 PM   #1153
Radii
Head Coach

I think at this point North Carolina, Pitt and UConn are near certainties for 1 seeds, with the final one coming down to Memphis, Louisville, and perhaps Michigan State and Oklahoma. Perhaps UNC/Pitt/UConn losing their first game in their conference tourney could cost them a 1 seed, allowing 2 of the other 4 to get in.

Even if they'd won the big 12 tournament I wouldn't have though Kansas seriously had a shot at a 1 seed.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:39 PM   #1154
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

I was thinking Missouri was likely to be a 4 with Kansas/OU being a pair of deuces (with maybe one of them sneaking into a 1; I thought ESPN radio might have been overly optimistic at the idea of BOTH of them being 1's, but I mention it because they get paid to talk about this stuff, and I don't), but that was before today.

I think:

OU - 1/2
KU - 3/4
Mizzou -2/3/4
Texas -6/7/8/9
Okla St. - 6/7/8/9
A&M - ?
K. State - ?

I said it a few weeks back, and I still stand by it, there is a pretty good chance that the Big 12 doesn't send any teams to the Sweet 16.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:40 PM   #1155
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

If UW wins the PAc 10 tourny and has to go through Arizona St and UCLA they deserve a #2. Especialy with KU losing
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #1156
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

The Marquette- Nova game is amazing
Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM   #1157
Radii
Head Coach

dola, if I had to guess right now:

Mizzou: a 4 but could play up to a 3 easily, unsure on whether they could get up to a 2 seed by winning the big 12 tourney. Probably doubtful, there isn't a lot of room to squeeze in there.

Oklahoma: no lower than 2 for sure, winning the conference tourney could make them a 1.

Kansas: losing today may well drop them to a 3 seed.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:42 PM   #1158
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post

If OU wins out, I think it's between them and Michigan State, provided they win the B10, for the last #1 (2x Big East, UNC for the others). The other gets the favorable #2 while Louisville and Memphis also get #2s. The last 2 is a crapshoot- Duke, Wake, Washington, I dunno. Mizzou, if they make the last day, makes a 3 or at the very worst a 4. If they win the Big XII- probably a 3- who knows, maybe that last 2 if everything breaks right. I think this loss knocks KU down to a low 3, high 4 unless the eggs really get scrambled in conference tourney week. The difference between the 4s and 5s this year is pretty steep- you start going from the 5 and 6 loss teams to the 7-9 loss teams in a hurry- so I don't think there's any way KU or MU fall that far.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-12-2009 at 03:43 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #1159
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
The Marquette- Nova game is amazing

wow, what a final minute!!! (didn't catch the rest unfortunately)
Old 03-12-2009, 03:43 PM   #1160
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

What an end to the Nova game. I love the Big East Tournament.

Give MArquette a ton of credit, they played with alot of heart after falling early.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:46 PM   #1161
Radii
Head Coach

I really don't like the decision on Marqeutte's side to drive to the basket with 20 seconds left. They have a 1 point lead with only a 4 second difference between the shot clock and game clock. Nova appeared like they had no intention to foul. Just hold the ball and launch a 3 with 1 second left on the shot clock, don't foul going for the rebound, and as long as it hits the rim you win.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:49 PM   #1162
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Today is an awesome day of college ball. I'm glad I woke up early, finished my final paper and can enjoy the games.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #1163
Butter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
I really don't like the decision on Marqeutte's side to drive to the basket with 20 seconds left. They have a 1 point lead with only a 4 second difference between the shot clock and game clock. Nova appeared like they had no intention to foul. Just hold the ball and launch a 3 with 1 second left on the shot clock, don't foul going for the rebound, and as long as it hits the rim you win.

Definitely... just dribble around, and then launch a 3 from mid-court with 1 on the clock... that would take 2 seconds just to reach the basket, and if you hit the rim, then you avoid the shot clock violation and pretty much sew up the win, especially since Nova had no timeouts left.
Old 03-12-2009, 04:17 PM   #1164
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Texas gets the close win over K-State, 61-58. The Horns didn't play well at all, with over 20 turnovers, and not much production from A.J. Abrams or Damion James. Dexter Pittman, on the other hand, has been a beast the past two games. Hopefully he has enough left in the tank for Baylor and (knock on wood) the title game.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:27 PM   #1165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

UW came out a little slow today but looked to be warming up. Would have been a 6 point lead at the half but Stanford banked a deep 3 at the buzzer.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #1166
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'm pissed.

So much college ball on this weekend, and the only channel that is covering it downhere, with a ton of coverage of the Big 12 and ACC tournaments, is ESPN HD, which I don't have because my building doesn't support the extra channel needed for HD cable. Regular ESPN will probably continue to show shitty World's Strongest Man repeats.

Thank christ I know of some websites I can stream the games from, but these are the kind of games that I bought my giant-ass LCD TV for.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #1167
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'm pissed.

So much college ball on this weekend, and the only channel that is covering it downhere, with a ton of coverage of the Big 12 and ACC tournaments, is ESPN HD, which I don't have because my building doesn't support the extra channel needed for HD cable. Regular ESPN will probably continue to show shitty World's Strongest Man repeats.

Thank christ I know of some websites I can stream the games from, but these are the kind of games that I bought my giant-ass LCD TV for.

?

That doesn't sound right. ESPN HD and ESPN are the exact same programming as far as I know. I spend a majority of my time watching my HD tv obviosuly but have had to watch my kitchen tv and it is the exact same thing.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #1168
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Wow, Miami really stunk it up at the end of the season. A loss to Georgia Tech and then a first round blowout exit. Very disappointing to see. I thought they would improve on what they did last year.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #1169
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
?

That doesn't sound right. ESPN HD and ESPN are the exact same programming as far as I know. I spend a majority of my time watching my HD tv obviosuly but have had to watch my kitchen tv and it is the exact same thing.

Our ESPN down here isn't the same ESPN you guys get over there. They mix the scheduling up quite a bit, and give us some locally produced shows (like our own crappy versions of SportsCenter and PTI) and more soccer than you guys get. It seems to me though that ESPN HD is the exact ESPN channel that you guys get.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #1170
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Our ESPN down here isn't the same ESPN you guys get over there. They mix the scheduling up quite a bit, and give us some locally produced shows (like our own crappy versions of SportsCenter and PTI) and more soccer than you guys get. It seems to me though that ESPN HD is the exact ESPN channel that you guys get.

Didn't notice the Australia location until now. I understand, that sucks.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:20 PM   #1171
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Fahhhhhk we suck
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:11 PM   #1172
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
I think:

OU - 1/2
KU - 3/4
Mizzou -2/3/4
Texas -6/7/8/9
Okla St. - 6/7/8/9
A&M - ?
K. State - ?

I said it a few weeks back, and I still stand by it, there is a pretty good chance that the Big 12 doesn't send any teams to the Sweet 16.

Baylor - 13

If you care to make a wager, I'll happily bet that at least one big 12 team will make the sweet 16. Name your price
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:37 PM   #1173
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
?

Outside Australia, I have seen the occasional time when ESPNHD and ESPN show different games. I remember being pissed when this happened with UNC-Duke (shown in regular def, and not HD), and it's also happened a couple times with CBS during the tournament (which is a good thing because I can flip between 2 games.) It seems to occasionally occur either when there are multiple feeds for the cable provider to choose from or when there is a question about the rights for a game, and the 2 people aren't on the same page.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 07:42 PM   #1174
Radii
Head Coach

Maryland is leading NC State by 1.

West Virginia leads Pitt by 12 with 9 minutes left

Oklahoma State leads Oklahoma by 4 with 8:30 left.

Mmmmm, March.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM   #1175
hoopsguy
General Manager

In the Pitt game I see that Blair has four fouls and only five boards. I'm guessing he has missed big chunks of the game? Seems like the formula to beat that team.

The way a game is called could be the difference between this team being a champ and a possible 2nd round exit (well, probably S16).
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:11 PM   #1176
cartman
Death Herald

Another upset in the Big 12 as Oklahoma State knocks off Oklahoma.
Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #1177
Radii
Head Coach

crazy day. I wonder if Pitt still gets a 1 seed if say, Memphis, Louisville and Michigan State all win their conference tourneys or something like that?
Old 03-12-2009, 08:14 PM   #1178
Swaggs
Coordinator

Woohoo!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:09 PM   #1179
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Woohoo!

I'll say it again, incredibly underrated team. That's their 20th win by double figures this season and if Ebanks keeps playing like this they can survive an off night from Butler or Ruoff, unlike earlier in the season.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:40 PM   #1180
cartman
Death Herald

Texas Tech and Mizzou are tied at 31 at the half.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #1181
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'll say it again, incredibly underrated team. That's their 20th win by double figures this season and if Ebanks keeps playing like this they can survive an off night from Butler or Ruoff, unlike earlier in the season.

It seems like the three freshmen have stepped up in the past few weeks, with at least one of them giving us a third scoring option between Butler and Ruoff. I think Huggins did a great job with the defensive switch tonight, but he also rotated in a lot of players. Flowers and Thoroughman played more than usual, so hopefully we will be a little more rested than we might expect after playing back to back games against Notre Dame and Pitt.

Now, my hope is to see Syracuse and UConn go into triple OT.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:19 PM   #1182
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Texas Tech and Mizzou are tied at 31 at the half.

That's the Missouri I was expecting to see. Checking Yahoo to see a 25-20 Tech lead with Mizzou shooting about .340 was a serious WTF.

Checked just now, they were up 61-48 and shooting more like .520. Much better.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #1183
cartman
Death Herald

Mizzou pulls away in the second half and beats Tech 81-60.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #1184
Radii
Head Coach

UConn/Syracuse look like they're heading for overtime, 1.1 to go, syracuse inbounding 94 feet away.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:40 PM   #1185
Radii
Head Coach

OMG so much for overtime HOLY SHIT
Old 03-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #1186
Swaggs
Coordinator

Wow...
Old 03-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #1187
Swaggs
Coordinator

Review looks like he didn't quite get it off.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #1188
kingfc22
Head Coach

Wow indeed, but I don't think it's gonna count
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #1189
Swaggs
Coordinator

Man... that is really close.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #1190
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

wowee ot

Last edited by mauchow : 03-12-2009 at 10:45 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #1191
Radii
Head Coach

yeah, OT then, what a finish to regulation.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #1192
cartman
Death Herald

unreal. Can't get ANY closer than that
Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #1193
hoopsguy
General Manager

I love that Devendorf is the guy whose shot got revoked.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #1194
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I love that Devendorf is the guy whose shot got revoked.

amen
Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #1195
Swaggs
Coordinator

Man... Devendorf is a turd.

Wiped out Adrian on that fast break. He's lucky they didn't call it.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:00 PM   #1196
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Double OT!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #1197
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Most of the way there at this point
Old 03-12-2009, 11:01 PM   #1198
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

One more to go.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:02 PM   #1199
Swaggs
Coordinator

Heh...

As a WVU fan, I am loving this.

Tomorrow, we will get either a high-milage/low rest Thabeet or a 'Cuse team that has played 2.5 emotional/tight games in the past 48 hours.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:15 PM   #1200
Tigercat
College Starter

I am not satisfied until we hit 4OTs.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote