College Starter

UNVOTE ALAN T
VOTE SALDANA
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #1152
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*wanders outside with my gun full of silver bullets*

o werewolves...o werewolves...we are willing to accept your surrender...any moment now
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #1153
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the forces of good are simply too strong. you must submit...or you must die.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #1154
saldana
Pro Starter

well sportsfans, as there doesnt seem to be a single person out there that is willing to consider that alan is full of it..

dont know if these are accepted

vote nightfall

have a good time with furbag in your midst after he leads you all to killing me...i usually dont follow along after i am dead, but i will tomorrow just to see him trying to backpedal away and say he doesnt know how i came up as a socialite....it should be about 6:02 when he starts saying i must have been the cunning wolf.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #1155
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Post 1108.

Thank You!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #1156
Telle
College Starter

Has everyone voted? I haven't been keeping track since the last deadline.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:11 PM   #1157
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

saldana - if that's true he's dead. there are enough of us with a single-mind that we won't be led astray.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #1158
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Has everyone voted? I haven't been keeping track since the last deadline.

To be honest, neither have I. Is it really important to you guys that I do a proper vote count? You can vote nightfall if you want, but I won't end the day unless everyone votes, since everyone needs to submit a night action.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 03:13 PM   #1159
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

in fact it's likely the conditional was already put in
Old 08-17-2007, 03:14 PM   #1160
Telle
College Starter

Really doesn't matter to me either way. I'm heading home and probably won't log on until after deadline. But just in case others show up..

VOTE NIGHTFALL
Old 08-17-2007, 03:48 PM   #1161
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
well sportsfans, as there doesnt seem to be a single person out there that is willing to consider that alan is full of it..

dont know if these are accepted

vote nightfall

have a good time with furbag in your midst after he leads you all to killing me...i usually dont follow along after i am dead, but i will tomorrow just to see him trying to backpedal away and say he doesnt know how i came up as a socialite....it should be about 6:02 when he starts saying i must have been the cunning wolf.

saldana, you were caught in the middle of a lie. Thing is, you haven't given us any alternative route, no additional insightful information, no other data to work with, other than pointing the finger at Alan T and saying "he's bad! he's bad!"

either you and Alan T are good wolves, playing everyone... or you played a very poor game of werewolf this game.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:54 PM   #1162
RendeR
Coordinator

VOTE NIGHTFALL

I'll be gone until sometime tomorrow. I hope to make it long before deadline.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 04:56 PM   #1163
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
saldana, you were caught in the middle of a lie. Thing is, you haven't given us any alternative route, no additional insightful information, no other data to work with, other than pointing the finger at Alan T and saying "he's bad! he's bad!"

either you and Alan T are good wolves, playing everyone... or you played a very poor game of werewolf this game.

i didnt get caught in a lie...i did the catching...you just decided to believe the person i caught instead of me.
Old 08-17-2007, 04:57 PM   #1164
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, a fact i will be vindicated by in about 4 minutes.

good luck villagers....see you in hell alan (assuming wolves go to the same hell that socialites do)
Old 08-17-2007, 05:03 PM   #1165
Passacaglia
Coordinator

And...deadline.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:07 PM   #1166
saldana
Pro Starter

get it over with pass...thanks for the game
Old 08-17-2007, 05:08 PM   #1167
saldana
Pro Starter

interesting that there is no one in the thread to watch a supposed wolf go down
Old 08-17-2007, 05:09 PM   #1168
Passacaglia
Coordinator

There discussion today dies down, as most of the party seems in agreement. Let's get saldana now, and take care of Alan T some other time. The gang takes out their frustrations on poor saldana, who pleads for mercy. However, there is no mercy for poor, innocent saldana. saldana was a Socialite!

You all sleep a little better, knowing that the murderer has been killed, but knowing the wolves are still tormenting you. You wake up, and when the first person goes to the Bathroom to take a shower, he screams at what he sees. Alan T and Neon_Chaos are laying in the tub, stacked on top of each other. There appears to have been a struggle which left both of them dead. Looking at Alan T's corpse, you see that there is still some fur growing behind his ears. Alan T was a wolf! As for Neon_Chaos, this confirms what you had known for a while. Neon_Chaos was Mrs. White!

Day 4 ends Saturday, 6 PM Eastern.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #1169
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
interesting that there is no one in the thread to watch a supposed wolf go down

sorry for your loss, but you did say you were will for a 1-1 trade off too...hopefully you loss will be the villages gain.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #1170
SnDvls
Pro Starter

glad to see that it was only a 2-1 trade off today too and not a 3-1 as I had feared...Mr. Plum will hopefully give us a step into the right direction for tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:15 PM   #1171
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
sorry for your loss, but you did say you were will for a 1-1 trade off too...hopefully you loss will be the villages gain.

i did say that, and meant it...but i would have minded it a bit less if ANYONE had voted for someone other than me.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:16 PM   #1172
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
i did say that, and meant it...but i would have minded it a bit less if ANYONE had voted for someone other than me.

it was an either or case, it would have been nice to lynch the wolf and save the villager, but we've all been sacraficed by the village to nab a wolf in our WW playing days.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:34 PM   #1173
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
it was an either or case, it would have been nice to lynch the wolf and save the villager, but we've all been sacraficed by the village to nab a wolf in our WW playing days.

not the first time for me, and i am sure not the last...all part of the game
Old 08-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #1174
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Sorry I didn't vote guys, I am having a really rough time trying to get my room ready for school on Monday. I would have followed the rest of my COT and voted for Saldana though...
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 06:01 PM   #1175
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Go get 'em, guys!
Old 08-17-2007, 06:21 PM   #1176
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wow saldana. alan pulled the wool over everyone's eyes.

sorry that it took your death for us to realize that
Old 08-17-2007, 06:23 PM   #1177
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

can't wait to hear what Plum has to say as far as clearing someone or damming someone else
Old 08-17-2007, 06:40 PM   #1178
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

wait...RendeR's not gonna be back until "sometime tomorrow" ?? that could be a problem
Old 08-17-2007, 06:51 PM   #1179
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm Inoccent I swear!!

Thanks for the game Pass, good luck to all in the remainder!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 10:13 PM   #1180
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
wait...RendeR's not gonna be back until "sometime tomorrow" ?? that could be a problem

He's moving his mom up from PA. They should be back up here sometime early in the morning. I'm sure he'll at least pop on to reveal the results of his night scan at some point before deadline tomorrow.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:36 PM   #1181
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
He's moving his mom up from PA. They should be back up here sometime early in the morning. I'm sure he'll at least pop on to reveal the results of his night scan at some point before deadline tomorrow.

thnx telle
Old 08-17-2007, 11:35 PM   #1182
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Hiya folks, checking in. Just bck from work, and it appears that I'm still alive. Color me pleasantly surprised. Also see that saldana was innocent?!? Gonna start catching up now.
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 PM   #1183
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crim View Post
Hiya folks, checking in. Just bck from work, and it appears that I'm still alive. Color me pleasantly surprised. Also see that saldana was innocent?!? Gonna start catching up now.

Oh yeah.. almost forgot about you amongst all the saldana/Alan stuff...

VOTE CRIM
Old 08-18-2007, 12:36 AM   #1184
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Oh yeah.. almost forgot about you amongst all the saldana/Alan stuff...

VOTE CRIM

Short lived relief for me, it appears!

Okay, well, I fully expected to be dead when I got home from work tonight, based on the fact that I thought Saldana was bad, which would clear Alan (nice bluffing, Alan!), which would send Mrs. White to me with eyes full of murder. Maybe this is just a one day reprieve (crossing fingers that RendeR scanned me last night), so I guess I owe it to myself and the village to try one more time to explain why I posted my distrust of Chief Rum.

I don't expect this to save me (only RendeR can do that), but when I turn up socialite, maybe some of you can find it in your hearts to at least think back on the tragic story of Crim, WW newb, victim of his own enthusiasm.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:44 AM   #1185
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Chief Rum - almost certainly not the murderer, he's been pushing from the beginning to share all info. Granted, he could be muddying the waters with his clues, but I haven't seen any inconsistencies versus the rest of our info. Chief has cleared the Living Room, and Telle. Neither of these have been corroborated. Chief was one of only two players to vote for a lynching on night 1: st. cronin was his vote.st. cronin - has seemed against clue sharing since the start. Granted, so have some others, but only st. cronin, saldana, and path have not shared anything with us. Of the three suspects, cronin has seemed the UTR-est.

Alan T - Was the first to share his clues: Revolver, and Daddy Torgo. Ballsy move for the murderer, chancing that noone else had those clues. Now, let's say Alan is the murderer... he could claim to clear the room and the weapon, and noone would say a word. But clearing DT, with no way of knowing if someone else would get DT as a clue, this validates Alan, in my opinion.

Okay, to me, the evidence I have points to:

VOTE ST. CRONIN

Bearing in mind possible disinformation that may be in the public record, I feel pretty good about this vote. And I'd better, because I'm not likely to be back on until late Thursday night.

Okay, this was my first important post of the game. Here, like Telle who didn't want to prematurely clear CR, I spelled out game-related reasons NOT to think he was the murderer. So far so good, but I'm sure to f it up in a moment, as you'll soon see.
Old 08-18-2007, 12:49 AM   #1186
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I would certainly like someone to come out and clear me, as it is rather incongruous for me to be on this list. But thank you for viewing my actions as not being wolfish.

As for voting for st.cronin, that is certainly where I am looking right now, as well, of course, given I voted for him yesterday. I don't want to pile on to your vote just now, though. I will wait until closer to deadline and see what other people say when they check in.

This is a stupid question, but how do you guys quote multiple posts all in one post?

Anyway, I'm about to read this and think, "oh, crap, did I overplay my hand? maybe I'll put wolves onto Peacock if I leave it at that!" OMG, now I'm dangerously close to time-release suicide! What will be my next step to self-assured destruction? Tune in next post to find out!
Old 08-18-2007, 12:57 AM   #1187
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Okay, now we arrive at the famous post where Crim doesn't know when to leave well enough alone, and ensuress that when the Peacock reveal happens later on, Crim will be the subject of all kinds of well-deserved suspicion that he didn't realize who Peacock was:

Quote:
Yah, pretty much all yall bastitches are untrustworthy in my book, cept for Peacock. Between her and Scarlett, the wolves are toast if we can string up the murderer quickly enough. I'm not likely to get back on before Thursday deadline, but I'd love for some of you more experienced WW-ers to pick apart my vote post. Including, of course, the three suspects I mentioned; I'd like to hear their take on what I've outlined.

Chief, as long as you're around, how bout it? Granted, I don't think you're acting like a murderer (or maybe you're a freaking BRILLIANT murderer!), but to me, you and RendeR pushing so hard for room info smelled rather, umm, Canis lupus of both of you. (yes, I had to look that up)

Now, as I'm typing that, I think, Chief will know I'm talking about him in two different ways with this post, he'll be so proud of me, and we'll playfully banter about room clues and stuff, with the wolves none the wiser, for the rest of the game.

God I'm smart. Glad I'm not a neurosurgeon nor a watchmaker. What's worth doing, is worth doing too much, though, so I'll go ahead and compound it in the next post, just to be SURE noone misses that I do NOT have Chief Rum on my COT:
Old 08-18-2007, 01:02 AM   #1188
Crim
College Benchwarmer

And here's where I remove all doubt, in the minds of Telle, Chief, and several others I'm sure, that I grow hair in unusual places:

Quote:
Cross posted, Chief. Actually, you're prolly number two, behind RendeR, on my "most likely to wake the neighbors with nocturnal howling" list.

I'll be impressed if you are the murderer, but I'd say it's more likely at this point that st.cronin or Alan, or a falsely-cleared-other-player is the culprit rather than you.
But just as the play of you and RendeR make you unlikely killer candidates, it also makes you likely wolves, imo, because I still stand by the thought that we should have kept the room info secret, and the two of you seemed very resistant to what I thought were pretty clear reasons for not sharing rooms.

I, and prolly a couple others, finally caved, mostly because at a certain point so many rooms had been cleared, that it really does make sense to get them all out of the way to eliminate the room-occupancy threat from the wolves.

And here, with the bolded part, I again thought I was being clever, but was ultimately stupid instead. Anyway, I did stay carefully away from ever voting for you, or even ever referring to you as my number one suspect. Sigh.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:10 AM   #1189
Crim
College Benchwarmer

With regard to RendeR saying he'd first gotten onto me because of my voting record, I'd like him to explain what he means by that?

I voted early on day 1 for NO LYNCH, which all but two players agreed with, and on day 2 I was the first VOTE CRONIN, and I showed my work on that. Note as well that I was voting with Mrs. Peacock, as Rummy had voted for cronin on day 1, all by himself. Another hint which proved not to be as clever as I'd thought it was. And on day 3, I VOTEd for SALDANA as soon as I got done catching up pretty much. Felt great about that vote, too, until of course saldana turned up as pure as the driven snow.

So, day 1 NO LYNCH (almost unanimous), day 2 first VOTE CRONIN (not unanimous at all, but proven correct), day 3 VOTE SALDANA (tragically wrong, but by the end of the day I think even saldana's mom was ready to lynch him).

Lynch me for my Chief-is-acting-wolfy posts, but I stand by the voting record, folks.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:15 AM   #1190
Crim
College Benchwarmer

As before, I'll be working all day Saturday, so will miss deadline as I have every other day so far. I need to get a vote in, but I've been so focused on setting my record straight I really don't have a feel for which way to go now. I'll look back at my spreadsheet, and come back with something in a few minutes, then off to bed for Crim.

Oh, one more thing. If I'm to die Saturday at 6pm, no hard feelings. This was my fault, and I've learned a lesson in subtlety, fo-shizzle. I'm kind of pleading my case, because I don't want to go meekly, but understand I'm a long shot for drawing breath after 6:01pm tomorrow.

:shurg:
Old 08-18-2007, 01:34 AM   #1191
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

interesting points by crim.

Certainly not lacking in passion for the game, which is great to see
Old 08-18-2007, 01:51 AM   #1192
Crim
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
interesting points by crim.

Certainly not lacking in passion for the game, which is great to see

Not as good as a vote of confidence, but thanks!

Anyway, I've spent 30 minutes looking hard at ntndeacon, swaggs, barkeep, and Schmidty.

I'm far too sleepy to do any more quoting or analysis tonight, so I'll just rank them none-too-scientifically:

From most to least trusted based solely on their posts:
ntndeacon
barkeep
schmidty
swaggs

I'm not nearly as sure of this as I was of saldana's guilt (!), so, even though I criticized Swaggs for his NO LYNCH vote, I'm kind of leaning there, to see if RendeR returns with any important news. I'm not doing it, though, for two reasons: Self preservation (I am a socialite with a lot of bad vibes directed at me), and because with our COT in place, it's better to take shots, because of the numerical superiority.

Reluctantly, VOTE SWAGGS. Reluctant because it's not that there's any negative evidence, but rather a lack of positive evidence in Swagg's post history.
PASS: I don't know if you'll allow it, and i don't think it'll matter in the great scheme of things, but can i "contingent" this vote, so that if RendeR returns and clears Swaggs, or implicates someone else, I'd like to turn this into an UNVOTE SWAGGS. If not possible, never mind, I trust the village to do the right thing in the face of a scan.

Either way, this will be my last post almost certainly, until around midnight or so Saturday night.

Good luck, Socialites! Burn in hell, wolves!!!
Old 08-18-2007, 02:15 AM   #1193
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
This is a stupid question, but how do you guys quote multiple posts all in one post?

Hit the second button on the bottom of a post ("+) for each post you want to quote and on the last one hit the "quote w/reply" button on the left.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:21 AM   #1194
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Now, as I'm typing that, I think, Chief will know I'm talking about him in two different ways with this post, he'll be so proud of me, and we'll playfully banter about room clues and stuff, with the wolves none the wiser, for the rest of the game.

OK, this cracked me up enough to make up for the lack of signature.

Quote:
Lynch me for my Chief-is-acting-wolfy posts, but I stand by the voting record, folks.

Your voting record is quite good. That's often the case with wolves.

I assume that Render scanned you last night. We'll see what he says. As for me, you're still canis lupusing your way along.....
Old 08-18-2007, 02:21 AM   #1195
path12
Coordinator

Oh, I almost forgot.

VOTE CRIM
Old 08-18-2007, 03:38 AM   #1196
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Anyway, I'm about to read this and think, "oh, crap, did I overplay my hand? maybe I'll put wolves onto Peacock if I leave it at that!" OMG, now I'm dangerously close to time-release suicide! What will be my next step to self-assured destruction? Tune in next post to find out!

That post you quoted was a thinly veiled attempt by myself to get one or more of the nameless socialites to fake that they had received notice I wasn't the murderer. That was at a time when st.cronin was still around and my identity was still a secret.

No one bit, though.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 09:53 AM   #1197
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I'm waiting to hear from Render before I vote. Crim has moved up in my eyes based on the defense given (always nice to see such passion from a newer player. In fact, to go on a bit of tangent, several of our new players have been great fun to have a round which is so nice and refreshing, even if Alan is able to still snooker everyone). I'm at work all day today so I'm hoping to be more active than I was yesterday.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 10:48 AM   #1198
Telle
College Starter

Update on RendeR. They're STILL loading up. Things aren't going anywhere near as fast as he had hoped. Right now he thinks he'll be home by five. I'll try not to be freaking out too much about how little time he'll have to get ready for my highschool reunion tonight and let him take a minute or two to post the results of his scan.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:54 AM   #1199
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Telle, we appreciate you taking one for the team .
Old 08-18-2007, 10:56 AM   #1200
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:

There should be a button/link which says "Multi-quote this message". Click on all of the ones you want to quote and then click post reply and they should all be there.