Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #1151
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Awww, that's great you guys finished together, what a sweet thing for her to do. And kudos on running after the flu.
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:38 PM   #1152
MartinD
High School Varsity

Seems like it was the weekend for running a 5k... It is a bit easier for me, as there's a Parkrun fairly close by. (In the likely event that you haven't heard of Parkrun (it started in the UK a few years back - has spread to quite a few other countries, but hasn't really taken off in the US yet), it's a series of free 5k runs held every Saturday morning - more info here: 403 Please don't scrape. See http://www.parkrun.com/scraping for details. )

Today's run went pretty well: Run Profile | Parkrun 211 | Times and Records | Strava
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:41 PM   #1153
Izulde
Head Coach

My first 5k is on the 7th, which is a couple weeks from now.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:22 PM   #1154
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

well done on the races Alan and ABC!

Alan, same thing for me about time, I run mostly to challenge myself with mytimes and all but it'll be something special if I ever get an age group award of any kind...

FM
Old 11-23-2013, 11:48 PM   #1155
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Official race results:

Time: 44:54 (Gun timed, I crossed the starting line 45 seconds in)

312th of 370 total runners
172nd of 191 male runners
20th of 20 in Age Group Male 40-44

Did I mention this was a "just enjoy the moment" kind of race I was going to run?
Old 11-25-2013, 12:01 PM   #1156
Umbrella
High School Varsity

I know a few of you on here have done the C25K, so I have a question. I finally finished week 3, which is two sets of 1.5 minute run, 1.5 walk, 3 run, 3 walk. The second 3 minute run kills me every time. I have finally completed it (it took me four tries to do three days), and I am looking at week 4.

This week alternates 3 and 5 minute runs, with very little walk time in between. Because of how much trouble I have had with the second 3 minute run in week 3, this week is kind of psyching me out. It seems like the largest jump of the whole program. Am I getting psyched out for no reason, or is this a tough jump?
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:07 PM   #1157
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post
I know a few of you on here have done the C25K, so I have a question. I finally finished week 3, which is two sets of 1.5 minute run, 1.5 walk, 3 run, 3 walk. The second 3 minute run kills me every time. I have finally completed it (it took me four tries to do three days), and I am looking at week 4.

This week alternates 3 and 5 minute runs, with very little walk time in between. Because of how much trouble I have had with the second 3 minute run in week 3, this week is kind of psyching me out. It seems like the largest jump of the whole program. Am I getting psyched out for no reason, or is this a tough jump?

Try this. Run a bit slower. Focus on completing the allotted time, but at a slower pace. You'll be surprised how much longer you can maintain a running motion when you slow down.

[edit] Hint: notice how I repeated the word slow.

Last edited by AnalBumCover : 11-25-2013 at 12:10 PM.
AnalBumCover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #1158
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalBumCover View Post
Try this. Run a bit slower. Focus on completing the allotted time, but at a slower pace. You'll be surprised how much longer you can maintain a running motion when you slow down.

The answer when starting out and running out of breath is the question is almost always to just run slower. The goal is to complete it, not complete it at a certain speed.

The other thing that I will add is that the C25K program should be totally comfortable. You shouldn't start dreading it, or it will start giving you reasons to skip days which is far worse. So my recommendation is if the previous week is not totally comfortable for you, there is no harm in continuing it again on repeat until you are ready for the jump.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:31 PM   #1159
Umbrella
High School Varsity

Sounds like good advice. I have been watching my times, and the last couple of runs I have gone out way too fast for my ability. I think my problem is that I feel good at the beginning, so I push it too much. And also, it has been pretty cold (at least for Arizona) in the mornings, so I am going too fast because I am trying to warm up. Time to invest in some warmer jogging gear.

I need to quit comparing myself to everyone else and focus on my own times, no matter how slow they are.

Last edited by Umbrella : 11-25-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Umbrella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:12 PM   #1160
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:

+1. When I did Couch to 5K I constantly surprised myself at the jumps I was able to make along the way. It took me like 4 weeks before I could actually do week 1, my fitness level was unfathomably bad, but some of those milestones where you run for 3 minutes or 5 minutes you might find doable, just go into it saying "lets see what I can do today".

The key past that of course, is to do what you're able but not to consider it a failure if you have to repeat a day or a week. You're improving every day, and that's what matters. Couch to 5k is a generic program, its not tailored to your body/fitness level, so its not going to fit exactly and its no big deal if you go at a different pace.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:13 PM   #1161
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrella View Post

I need to quit comparing myself to everyone else and focus on my own times, no matter how slow they are.

focus on your times and more especially on your body and how you feel when you run. Compare how you feel from one run to another, at similar pace. Is today's pace the same as you last run's pace but it feels easier? GOOD, that's what you should aim for. Then someday, the pace will get quicker for the same effort... It takes times, but all runners are not created equal. The good thing is, it doesn't matter to you how fast I run. It's all about you making a better you than the one you were yesterday.

edit to add: I compare my runs to my own runs too. Say I do intervals, they are getting to be fast but they're not always easy, not even for me. Then again, I want to compare how the intervals I do this week were compared to the ones I did last week or the month before. If they feel easier for the same times, I'm going in the right direction. If not, it could be for many reasons, one bad run doesn't mean you are not doing the right things...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 11-25-2013 at 02:15 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 03:22 PM   #1162
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Every time I see this thread, I think it says STAVKA and is about WWII in the east.

Every time I am disappointed.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 04:17 AM   #1163
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Is anyone else doing a Thanksgiving day race?

Around here it is a pretty big tradition to freeze your butt off right after sunrise in a race, and then go eat turkey and watch football the rest of the day.

Looks like the wife and I are going to do a local 5 mile race early Thursday morning. Not really planning for it any, just going to slide it in a normal training day slot so don't expect any PRs on it, but I am going to aim for sub-40 minute time weather permitting.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:04 AM   #1164
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I would so do a race on Thanksgiving if it actually was our Thanksgiving

FM
Old 11-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #1165
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

Around here it is a pretty big tradition to freeze your butt off right after sunrise in a race, and then go eat turkey and watch football the rest of the day.

Looks like the wife and I are going to do a local 5 mile race early Thursday morning. Not really planning for it any, just going to slide it in a normal training day slot so don't expect any PRs on it, but I am going to aim for sub-40 minute time weather permitting.

I was going to do a local 5K in Madison until I noticed it was actually a 5 mile run. Figured that was too much for my current level of training.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:01 PM   #1166
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

So I need 18.3 miles by Saturday to hit 200km for the month. I figure with the 5 mile race tomorrow, plus I'll run about 2 miles warmup, that will leave me needing roughly 11 miles on Saturday (Friday is an off day for me).

I'm only scheduled for 10 miles on Saturday, I think I may go an extra mile though

Old 11-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #1167
Subby
lolzcat

I have now run 8 miles in 4 days. LOOK OUT SERIOUS RUNNERS.

Ok, you don't really need to look out.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 10:08 AM   #1168
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well.. holy cow, the wind was something special today for the race. 7MPH constant wind with 15-25mph wind gusts. I turned on to the final street around mile 4 and ran into a wall of wind that nearly knocked me over. That was quite different to run through. I tried finding someone to run behind to try to let them take the brunt of the wind, but unfortunately there weren't too many tall people around me.

I ended up with a 41:37 time for my 5 mile race, average pace of 8:15min/mile. about 100 seconds slower than where I was hoping for, but honestly with the wind, I feel I did fine and on a normal day would have been right at my target.

Finished 223/751 overall and 28/64 in my Age Group.

Time to now eat! Happy thanksgiving all!

Old 11-28-2013, 10:14 AM   #1169
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I was going to do a local 5K in Madison until I noticed it was actually a 5 mile run. Figured that was too much for my current level of training.

Did an unofficial 2013 Kodos Turkey Trot at the local track. Ran my best estimated 5K (27:02) in the wind and cold (32 degrees or so). Good enough. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #1170
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Did an unofficial 2013 Kodos Turkey Trot at the local track. Ran my best estimated 5K (27:02) in the wind and cold (32 degrees or so). Good enough. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Nice job!

Old 11-28-2013, 11:19 AM   #1171
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

that's awesome, well done! And Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

FM
Old 11-28-2013, 11:21 AM   #1172
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Well.. holy cow, the wind was something special today for the race. 7MPH constant wind with 15-25mph wind gusts. I turned on to the final street around mile 4 and ran into a wall of wind that nearly knocked me over. That was quite different to run through. I tried finding someone to run behind to try to let them take the brunt of the wind, but unfortunately there weren't too many tall people around me.

I ended up with a 41:37 time for my 5 mile race, average pace of 8:15min/mile. about 100 seconds slower than where I was hoping for, but honestly with the wind, I feel I did fine and on a normal day would have been right at my target.

harsh conditions, well done! And Happy Thanksgiving to you too!
Old 11-28-2013, 03:03 PM   #1173
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:
Well.. holy cow, the wind was something special today for the race. 7MPH constant wind with 15-25mph wind gusts.

You need to try running in Scotland. In October I think that every run I made had at least a 15mph sustained wind. A few weeks back I played soccer in 35mph wind with stronger gusts. Not fun at all.

When I plan a route I am thinking about shelter from the wind rather than elevation changes!
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:07 PM   #1174
Dodgerchick
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Quote:

Nice going, guys!

Happy Thanksgiving, fellow runners
Dodgerchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #1175
MartinD
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post
You need to try running in Scotland. In October I think that every run I made had at least a 15mph sustained wind. A few weeks back I played soccer in 35mph wind with stronger gusts. Not fun at all.

When I plan a route I am thinking about shelter from the wind rather than elevation changes!

On the windy days, you don't need a treadmill - just head outside, point yourself into the wind and start running...
MartinD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 08:33 PM   #1176
digamma
Torchbearer

I ran a Turkey Trot out here. The highlight for me was definitely seeing my 3 year old finish the 1-k kids' run.

Happy Thanksgiving!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 06:01 AM   #1177
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan S View Post

That sounds absolutely miserable!

Old 11-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #1178
Kodos
Resident Alien

In just under the wire to get my 40k badge in for November.

Last edited by Kodos : 11-30-2013 at 08:41 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #1179
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyone know if the Strava badges count treadmill runs? I'm guessing "no" as there is a significant gap between what I have run and what Strava is reporting on the "Find Your Way" measure.

Off to get my 10K badge. Hope treadmill mileage counts ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #1180
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

TM counts toward your weekly mileage but not the challenge badges as far as I know.

FM
Old 11-30-2013, 10:51 AM   #1181
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

I played in similar conditions in Florida recently - we had the wind against us and while we ultimately lost I loved it, nothing like playing in defense with the ball continually coming back towards you if you clear it high in the air

(was more like 'training' than a real game, just one attack after another ... the only rest was when one of the opposition tried a long through ball and we had to go and search for it 100 yards down the road )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #1182
AlexB
Pro Starter

First proper run after a 5-6 week lay-off. Not too bad timewise: 7.49m miles instead of 7.23/4, but the outside of my knees still ache like hell - looks like rest, foam roller and physio hasn't done that much good

Hopefully better tomorrow.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:57 AM   #1183
Subby
lolzcat

I caved and shelled out $59 on lightning deal at Amazon for a Wahoo Blue HRM. Absolute breeze to set up. Looking forward to using it for training runs (not that I ever do those). Really interested to see my heart rate when I am doing hills.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #1184
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

have I just gone insane??? I'm getting ready to plop down 265$ of racing registration fees for the Summer of 2014. Never thought I'd even think about such a possibility just 6 months ago...

Here's how it would fall down for the Summer schedule:
May 4, Lévis Half Marathon
May 19, Duchesnay trail run (8 or 18 km)
June 1, Royal Descent (5 or 10k going downhill about 90% of the distance)
June 15, Quebec Stairs challenge (13.5 or 19 km)
August 22, Under the stars fun run (2k loop you do 1, 2 or 3 times)
August 24, Quebec City Marathon

These events are all part of the Run Quebec City circuit and you can read more about them on their website
Run Quebec City | Run Quebec City Series

Some very varied events as you can see. I've never done a trail race so I'll probably go with the 8k but I'm tempted by the 10k downhill and the 19k stairs challenge, as much as I'm frightened by that last one... The fun run is part of the whole marathon weekend experience. They give everybody hats with lights and it's run in the dark on the Friday evening preceding the Marathon that's held on Sunday...

I will probably add another 5 or 10k on July 4th which is very close to home but I'd shift all my attention after that to getting ready for the marathon.

I live about 5 minutes away from the start of both the Lévis Half Marathon and the Quebec City Marathon. Both start from the same place and share the first half except the Full Marathon in August keeps going and goes over the St-Lawrence river and ends in Old Quebec City...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-04-2013 at 12:01 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:07 PM   #1185
Kodos
Resident Alien

That's a lot of races!

I'm just trying to build a bit of a base before I dip my toes in the 5K racing.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:21 PM   #1186
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Looks like a good summer of running for you FM!

If you've never done trail runs, they are a good bit tougher for me than road running. My last 5k trail race was about 4 minutes slower than my 5k road time. Plus they cause more aerobic wear on me. Doing an 18k trail run two weeks after a half marathon might be a bit rough if it is your first half marathon. My wife felt a bit worn out for a bit after her half. I was ok myself later the next week. Probably each person is different.

I'm not sure what a 19km stairs challenge is, but that sounds insanely scary fun

For myself, planned to run 9miles today, but my stomach is super nauseous. Not sure what is going on with it, but I'm hoping it goes away soon or I may try to run through it as much of a disaster that might cause.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #1187
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Looks like a good summer of running for you FM!

If you've never done trail runs, they are a good bit tougher for me than road running. My last 5k trail race was about 4 minutes slower than my 5k road time. Plus they cause more aerobic wear on me. Doing an 18k trail run two weeks after a half marathon might be a bit rough if it is your first half marathon. My wife felt a bit worn out for a bit after her half. I was ok myself later the next week. Probably each person is different.

I'm not sure what a 19km stairs challenge is, but that sounds insanely scary fun

Yeah, everywhere I've read about trail runs, it's what I've seen. I don't relly plan on training for it though and it kinda comes as part of the deal. See, the season ticket I was planning on paying for is 265$cdn but the fees for the four events I really wanted to sign up for comes to 255$ is I pay them separately. The four events are the Half Marathon, the Descent one, the Staircase challenge (how they actually call it) and the Marathon.

The 265$ assures me a bib for all events including the trail race and the Fun run under the stars as well as a 20$ gift card at Running Room so it's kind of a no brainer. I could even enter the trail run just for the fun of it but it will quite certainly be the 8 km.

I'm not too worried about the half marathon killing my legs. Maybe I should but I have run an 18k that was on a VERY hilly course back in October and was about all right one week after the race.

That Staircase challenge is indeed scaring me. The Old Quebec City is built on two levels, going up from the St Lawrence river, with, from what they say, about 3000 steps on the 19k course.

Quote:
The Super Challenge is a 19K course in which participants will run up and down close to 30 staircases for a total of more of 3000 steps…

The Oasis Challenge is a 13.5K course. It covers the first 11K and the last 2K of the Super Challenge.

Again, I wanna think big yet 19k of that thing is kinda scary

It's a lot of races but it will be my second summer of running and I'm up for the challenge. What I like it that it's kinda front loaded and leaves a good two months between the last big race and the marathon.

Also, one that's not showing here but that I plan on doing again next year is the 18k around the lake that I did this year. It's usually happening around the middle of October...

FM
Old 12-05-2013, 07:45 AM   #1188
HerRealName
College Prospect

Well, we had a little change in plans over the last week or so.

Old plan: Begin training for the Illinois marathon in Champaign on Jan. 6th.

New plan: Oh shit, oh shit, we're moving to the Dallas area. My wife earned a promotion that*includes*a move to Dallas. The next couple of months are going to be filled with move preparation. I never really saw myself as a suburbanite but I'm sure it will be fine. I will target the Dallas marathon around this time next year, hitting a couple halfs along the way.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:04 AM   #1189
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
Well, we had a little change in plans over the last week or so.

Old plan: Begin training for the Illinois marathon in Champaign on Jan. 6th.

New plan: Oh shit, oh shit, we're moving to the Dallas area. My wife earned a promotion that*includes*a move to Dallas. The next couple of months are going to be filled with move preparation. I never really saw myself as a suburbanite but I'm sure it will be fine. I will target the Dallas marathon around this time next year, hitting a couple halfs along the way.

No more...squares...?
Old 12-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #1190
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
No more...squares...?

Though it'll make me kinda sad to see the squares go away.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:10 AM   #1191
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
No more...squares...?

You pulled off that awesome red cross route so maybe there's still a possibility for a square or two .
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #1192
AnalBumCover
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
You pulled off that awesome red cross route so maybe there's still a possibility for a square or two .

I'll make you proud.
Old 12-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #1193
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Congrats to the wife on the new job/location I suppose! I lived in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area for three years after college, way back when. It wasn't that bad in my opinion. I didn't run back then, but people who did always said it was great running during the winter, but during the summer get used to running at night or before sunrise!

Speaking of the Dallas Marathon for 2014.. ironically enough, the 2013 version was supposed to be this weekend and it just got cancelled due to the ice storm there.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:23 AM   #1194
Izulde
Head Coach

Picked up race packet for 5K tomorrow, and hoping I can figure out this D-tag thing in the morning without wrecking it or my shoelaces.

Gorgeous blonde behind me in the pickup, too, but I didn't realize that until I was halfway out the door due to the swiftness of the line.

Here's to hoping the snow doesn't hit until after the race is over. It shouldn't - not supposed to hit till evening and post time is 11 am.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #1195
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thinking about getting the Garmin 210. Anyone have any positives/negatives with it? I know people don't like the charging cable.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:31 AM   #1196
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thinking about getting the Garmin 210. Anyone have any positives/negatives with it? I know people don't like the charging cable.

It is the one that I've had for almost a year now. I've had no problems with it at all and have loved it. DCRainmaker for a while said it was probably the best mid-priced watch for pure runners (non-triathletes/cyclists). The charging cable is annoying, but really the only issue as everything else with it has been great.

Now that the next generation of 220 is out, it replaces the 210, so you're probably finding some good deals on the 210. Even though the 220 does more than the 210, the 210 is still a really good watch in my opinion. I got my wife a 220 recently, but have stuck with my 210 myself. My next upgrade is likely to go from my 210 to a 620 myself, but that is quite a bit more expensive.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:34 AM   #1197
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
Picked up race packet for 5K tomorrow, and hoping I can figure out this D-tag thing in the morning without wrecking it or my shoelaces.

Gorgeous blonde behind me in the pickup, too, but I didn't realize that until I was halfway out the door due to the swiftness of the line.

Here's to hoping the snow doesn't hit until after the race is over. It shouldn't - not supposed to hit till evening and post time is 11 am.

Good luck in your race! Racing in the snow is actually quite alot of fun. One of my best races last winter was when it was snowing

The D-tag just basically slides under the laces but on top of your tongue in your shoe. Generally with running shoes, you don't want the laces too tight anyways so it shouldn't be too difficult to get it in there. If you need more help, here is a quick youtube video on it: ChronoTrack D-Tag Instructions - YouTube

Old 12-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #1198
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Love the watch, hate the charging cable.

The watch itself, in combination with the heart rate monitor and foot pod, has given me a ton of data to help better understand my runs. The watch is pretty intuitive, and for the times it isn't (like setting interval runs) the documentation is good. This is my first watch, so I don't have a point of comparison with other running watches.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #1199
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
It is the one that I've had for almost a year now. I've had no problems with it at all and have loved it. DCRainmaker for a while said it was probably the best mid-priced watch for pure runners (non-triathletes/cyclists). The charging cable is annoying, but really the only issue as everything else with it has been great.

Now that the next generation of 220 is out, it replaces the 210, so you're probably finding some good deals on the 210. Even though the 220 does more than the 210, the 210 is still a really good watch in my opinion. I got my wife a 220 recently, but have stuck with my 210 myself. My next upgrade is likely to go from my 210 to a 620 myself, but that is quite a bit more expensive.

Yeah, I noticed it seemed lower in price from when I last looked.
Old 12-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #1200
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Love the watch, hate the charging cable.

The watch itself, in combination with the heart rate monitor and foot pod, has given me a ton of data to help better understand my runs. The watch is pretty intuitive, and for the times it isn't (like setting interval runs) the documentation is good. This is my first watch, so I don't have a point of comparison with other running watches.

What are the main benefits with the foot pod? Is it for treadmill running? I was thinking of just getting the heart rate monitor.

Last edited by Kodos : 12-07-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote