Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #1151
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

GoldenEagle is the cultist and is trying to signal the wolves to come after him tonight.

That is my read on those last couple of posts.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #1152
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So we waste tomorrow's vote, since no wolf in their right mind is going to go against that one.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #1153
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
They gain a cultist for one night only. We just lynch him the next day.

Not really because they would not have killed off the bodyguard that night so we would still not know which one is lying.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #1154
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

(and that was in response to KWhit, not EF)
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #1155
KWhit
Coordinator

Is there any play in which GE makes a fake reveal if he's a wolf?

For that matter, why would MartinD fake reveal if he's a wolf.

It doesn't quite add up for me.

We can't be CERTAIN who to believe. In which case, I think it wise to let them both live until the wolves kill the real bodyguard. And if they don't do it for us - great, we get more bodyguard block chances.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #1156
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Not really because they would not have killed off the bodyguard that night so we would still not know which one is lying.

Okay, fine. Then 2 nights from now. Whatever. We still play the normal game until the wolves either get blocked or decide to kill the real BG. Then we KNOW that we're lynching the right person and we've gained (possibly) a couple of extra BG blocks than we would have.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #1157
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
GoldenEagle is the cultist and is trying to signal the wolves to come after him tonight.

I came up with that theory first. I have copyrighted it so you can't use against me.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #1158
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Either GE or MartinD is the cultist, hoping to get attacked and converted. My guess is that GE is the cultist but hat is just an early take on it.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:46 PM   #1159
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Could be.

But we know that we need to lynch either GE or MartinD. One of them is the bodyguard, and one of them is evil. The best play, IMO, is to play "chicken" with the wolves. We ignore them both until the real BG is killed. Then we lynch the other one.

Easy-peasy-Japaneasy.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #1160
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay, fine. Then 2 nights from now. Whatever. We still play the normal game until the wolves either get blocked or decide to kill the real BG. Then we KNOW that we're lynching the right person and we've gained (possibly) a couple of extra BG blocks than we would have.

By then we could be looking at end game.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:47 PM   #1161
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I don't what Martin was thinking, other than the fact that he was hoping to get kidnapped or he was tired of playing the game and hoping to get killed.

Believe me, I would not have revealed unless I felt it was necessary. I did not want Martin gaining any trust.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:48 PM   #1162
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Could be.

But we know that we need to lynch either GE or MartinD. One of them is the bodyguard, and one of them is evil. The best play, IMO, is to play "chicken" with the wolves. We ignore them both until the real BG is killed. Then we lynch the other one.

Easy-peasy-Japaneasy.

A side benefit to this is that the wolves may not want to lynch the real BG right away to keep us guessing and to use the cultist for an extra turn or two. That benefits us as we get additional nights of possible BG blocks. Every extra day that the BG is alive is good for us.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #1163
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hmmm...

I'm almost thinking that we let GE and MartinD both live.

Make the wolves do our dirty work for us. I assume that they will try to kill off the real bodyguard, at which point we kill off the one that's left standing.

I agree with that. Look, this is the second day in a row ntn was getting close to voted off and we get a reveal to potentially put a half to it. That seems unusual to me.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:49 PM   #1164
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Fine, I can live with that.

UNVOTE MARTIND
Old 10-28-2009, 03:50 PM   #1165
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
By then we could be looking at end game.

We still have 12 players in the game, right? We're pretty far from endgame.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #1166
KWhit
Coordinator

So how many reveals have we had in the past 24 hours? Four?

Jeez!
Old 10-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #1167
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

Quote:
Igor - ...and if he is ever kidnapped, he will join the Monsters; however, he will not be able to perform a kidnapping, nor can he PM with the Monsters. He will know their identities though, and they will know his. He will then win if the Monsters win, but won't count as one with regard to win conditions. Unless he is kidnapped, he counts as a normal Party-goer.

The bolded are the relevant parts. Unless he gets kidnapped, he's a normal Party-goer. If he is kidnapped, then all the other stuff written applies. That's how I read it.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:53 PM   #1168
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Put it in Lathum's hands by voting him. There are one of two results:

1) He is the duke and he makes his selection - I feel confident in his villager ability to interpret the information that we have.

2) He is a wolf who knows the duke role is not in the game. In this case we look at GE next as he came forward with clearing GE. It becomes a HUGE gain for us at that point.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #1169
KWhit
Coordinator

I'm going to have to run to pick up the kids in just a minute. I'll be back by deadline, but maybe not too much before then.

Before I go, though, I just want to reiterate that we should put the MartinD and GE issue on the back burner. It would suck to be wrong about it and lynch the real BG tonight.

Let's let the wolves tell us who's telling the truth.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:55 PM   #1170
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We still have 12 players in the game, right? We're pretty far from endgame.

We're 8-3-1.

If we get steered wrong today and they gain the convert it will be 7-4. One more wrong guess and it's 5-4. We would have one chance to guess right between MartinD and GE at that point or we lose. So yes, it could be end game if we wait two more days.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:57 PM   #1171
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Put it in Lathum's hands by voting him. There are one of two results:

1) He is the duke and he makes his selection - I feel confident in his villager ability to interpret the information that we have.

2) He is a wolf who knows the duke role is not in the game. In this case we look at GE next as he came forward with clearing GE. It becomes a HUGE gain for us at that point.

What makes you think there is even a possibility that there is no Duke role in the game? And why would you think that a wolf would know that?

I don't like that plan as it uses up Lathum's ability which could come in handy later. And it will give a much less useful voting record for today.
Old 10-28-2009, 03:59 PM   #1172
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
A side benefit to this is that the wolves may not want to lynch the real BG right away to keep us guessing and to use the cultist for an extra turn or two. That benefits us as we get additional nights of possible BG blocks. Every extra day that the BG is alive is good for us.

The only downside is we won't know if we get a real block or a conversion. Still, it's a risk for the wolves as well.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #1173
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
We're 8-3-1.

If we get steered wrong today and they gain the convert it will be 7-4. One more wrong guess and it's 5-4. We would have one chance to guess right between MartinD and GE at that point or we lose. So yes, it could be end game if we wait two more days.

Well, we don't have to vote for Martin or GE tonight, anyway. We could wait for tomorrow to vote for one of them. And if we're wrong tomorrow, we vote for the other one (who we will know is a wolf) the next day.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #1174
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What makes you think there is even a possibility that there is no Duke role in the game? And why would you think that a wolf would know that?

I don't like that plan as it uses up Lathum's ability which could come in handy later. And it will give a much less useful voting record for today.

I agree with KWhit. There has been zero indication that a role would not be present in the game and if Lathum lied, I expect him dead from the duke today. Schmidty even made clear how many wolves were in the game which is unusual in games I've been a part of. I understand you're wary of Lathum, but I don't think this is a good idea based on the certainty that the duke role is in the game.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #1175
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Schmidty, if there are roles not in play would the wolves know of it?
Old 10-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #1176
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
The only downside is we won't know if we get a real block or a conversion. Still, it's a risk for the wolves as well.

Something just occurred to me about that too. I just re-read the role. The way I read it, the wolves don't currently know which one of them is the real BG either.

Is that right?
Old 10-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #1177
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

The more I think about it, we really need to vote MartinD tonight. Of course I say this knowing that I am Freddie. But the wolves don't know who is telling the truth either. Right now, they are having discussions is they should kidnap MartinD or me. It is really a win-win situation for them. If they kidnap me and I block it, it may look like I am the cultist.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:07 PM   #1178
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

If we are leaving GE/MartinD alone I would say we go either ntn/JAG (if we get a good response from the clarification that I asked).

As I said, I trust that Lathum would have a good read by now if he is a villager. I can't see him being around much longer if he is so why not let him use the power now. It lets him use his power and it gives us a defnite CoT.

If, however, we get a response from Schmidty that either all roles are in play or that the wolves would not know if one was not in play than I am all for not voting him (for everyone else that is as I can't change).
Old 10-28-2009, 04:09 PM   #1179
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
The more I think about it, we really need to vote MartinD tonight. Of course I say this knowing that I am Freddie. But the wolves don't know who is telling the truth either. Right now, they are having discussions is they should kidnap MartinD or me. It is really a win-win situation for them. If they kidnap me and I block it, it may look like I am the cultist.

This could easily be a ploy to try to get us to lynch the real BG. Because if there's a lynch, the BG can't protect himself by guarding himself.

Either Martin or GE could be lying here.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #1180
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Paging captain obvious..........
Old 10-28-2009, 04:10 PM   #1181
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Something just occurred to me about that too. I just re-read the role. The way I read it, the wolves don't currently know which one of them is the real BG either.

Is that right?

I can't imagine the wolves would know who the cultist is from the beginning, so I agree.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #1182
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Paging captain obvious..........

My point is that the worst thing for us to do is to accidentally lynch the BG. And since we can't be sure, we need to stay away from voting for either of them tonight.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #1183
KWhit
Coordinator

Out for a bit. Will be back by deadline.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #1184
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If we are leaving GE/MartinD alone I would say we go either ntn/JAG (if we get a good response from the clarification that I asked).

Out of curiosity, why do you think I am more likely to be a wolf than RA?
Old 10-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #1185
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

You think? Sitting around and not solving this issue for another day is going to give the wolves an edge needed to win the game. If the wolves kidnap MartinD tonight, he can claim he guarded himself and that is why he is still alive. If you want to vote for me, fine. At least you will know MartinD is lying. You will kill the real bodyguard, but at least there will be some clarity.

This is why I was pushing MartinD earlier, trying to get answers.

For the record, I guarded hoops on night one.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #1186
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My point is that the worst thing for us to do is to accidentally lynch the BG. And since we can't be sure, we need to stay away from voting for either of them tonight.

Why would we want to vote for the cultist instead of a wolf anyway? At least until he's been converted.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:18 PM   #1187
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Why would we want to vote for the cultist instead of a wolf anyway? At least until he's been converted.

Because in this situation, he can gain trust by claiming to be the body guard.

The story would be I came out and claimed I was the body guard. I was not killed last night because I protected myself (but I was really converted). The wolves decided to not kill me later on in the game because the seer and shaggy are dead.

Is there extra incentive for the cultist to try to converted? I don't know. You will have to ask MartinD.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #1188
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Let's think this through:

MartinD is the bodyguard.
- odd play by coming out when he did
- GE counters as a way to signal the wolves (why? to keep out CoT from expanding? To signal the wolves that he is cultist?)

MartinD is the cultist.
- trying to get himself converted (why come out that way as it would only buy him at best one more night if we go with lynching the real BG on reveal?)
- hoping to help the wolves by getting rid of real BG upon reveal

Either way I think the cultist is at least worried that we are getting close to beating the wolves.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:40 PM   #1189
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Y'all are killing me with all these reveals. How the haystack am I supposed to get any work done? Sheesh!

I agree with the reasoning to keep strong after ntn, and let's see what plays out at night.

FTR, it's my guess Martin is the cultist. It would explain a lot about his odd reveal. He wants to be targeted, and what better way than to claim a role? What's the downside for a cultist? Either he is converted into the wolf he wants to be (or Schmidty's version, I guess Igor wouldn't be able to communicate or be a full wolf), or the real role (whichever he claims, in this case, BG) comes out and the wolves now know who that role is.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:42 PM   #1190
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
MartinD is the cultist.
- trying to get himself converted (why come out that way as it would only buy him at best one more night if we go with lynching the real BG on reveal?)

It was a calculated risk. He figured the real bodyguard might not come out and he had to hope that ntn or RA was not the bodyguard.

To be honest, I was not going to say anything. If he would have said he guarded himself last night, i was not going to reveal.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #1191
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
FTR, it's my guess Martin is the cultist. It would explain a lot about his odd reveal. He wants to be targeted, and what better way than to claim a role? What's the downside for a cultist? Either he is converted into the wolf he wants to be (or Schmidty's version, I guess Igor wouldn't be able to communicate or be a full wolf), or the real role (whichever he claims, in this case, BG) comes out and the wolves now know who that role is.

But the wolves don't know who the cultist is either.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #1192
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
But the wolves don't know who the cultist is either.

Exactly. So what better way to attract their attention? "Hey, I'm the BG, come kill me." They come kill him, and lo and behold, he's not the BG, he's the cultist!

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-28-2009, 04:47 PM   #1193
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
question, If Don Knotts is lynched, is he out of the game as well or does that player take his place?

He's out of the game too.

(Just got home from work)
Old 10-28-2009, 04:57 PM   #1194
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
can Schmidty confirm this, it is not how I read the rules.

I didn't think I worded it awkwardly, but he will not know their identities until he is converted, nor will they know his. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #1195
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Schmidty, if there are roles not in play would the wolves know of it?

If one side knew something, the other side would know the same thing.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:11 PM   #1196
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
If one side knew something, the other side would know the same thing.

Thank you.

Lathum = 100 percent clear in my eyes then (unless the real duke nails him today but a fake claim would make no sense now, only if they knew that the role did not exist)

No need in voting Lathum tonight, but I am still 100 percent okay with him going with his gut if he sees something. He is an elite player and I trust his gut.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:16 PM   #1197
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I still think the issue with the BG reveal needs to be decided today.

If we allow the wolves to decide, here are the possible outcomes:

A) They will get a convert who has a pretty good story as to why he was not killed last night
B) they kill the body guard
C) The bodyguard blocks the kill and we are back to square one

Of those alternatives, only C hurts the wolves and it really does not effect them much.
Old 10-28-2009, 05:36 PM   #1198
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I just got home and I'm having a guest for dinner. somebody tell me who to vote for if I need to change my vote.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:37 PM   #1199
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quick scan and it seems as if the wolves are ganging up on me. I'll leave my vote on ntn.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:04 PM   #1200
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right guys I am off to my second job and won't be back until well after the deadline. Good luck to everyone. Very interesting day to say the least.