Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #1151
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Someone put that together based on Seacrest's announced voting each Wednesday/Thursday. I don't think there's an "official" release, other than what they announce on the show.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:53 PM   #1152
Easy Mac

Why do people keep saying Haley is getting the "sexpot" vote? She is fugly as hell.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:01 PM   #1153
MJ4H
Coordinator

what?
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:06 PM   #1154
Ksyrup

I'm with MJ4H. The onlynegative is that she looks a little like Marie Osmond.

Simon was dead-on about her performance. She looked like she was performing in the talent portion of a beauty pageant. She must have hit 12 separate marks while prancing around the stage, and unfortunately, she looked down at nearly every one of them.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-03-2007, 08:07 PM   #1155
Easy Mac

Having not watched a second of AI this season, my thoughts for the night:
1. Jordin
2. Melinda
3. Lakisha
4. Blake
5. Haley - sideboob
6. Gina - challenged
7. Phil - nosferatu
8. Chris R - Billy Packer would say fagged out
9. Sanjaya - looks like a womanlier version of that David guy who got kicked off the Real World #2 (or was it 1 or 3, or 4, oh well)

The top 3 stood out. Blake was OK. 4-9 were pretty much interchangeable.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:08 PM   #1156
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
what?

I said she is fugly as hell. Its like she went to a sorority induction that includes spanking on the ass with a paddle, only she kept getting smacked in the face.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:11 PM   #1157
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
what?

Concur!
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:43 PM   #1158
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I said she is fugly as hell. Its like she went to a sorority induction that includes spanking on the ass with a paddle, only she kept getting smacked in the face.

I can't be hearing (reading) you correctly. It almost looks like you think Haley is unattractive. There must be some internet-interference or something.

Also Haley is hot because internet.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:02 PM   #1159
FBPro
College Starter

I mean I don't think Haley is in "the McPheever class" but she is smokin' hot, honestly when she gets voted off my interest will pretty much gone for the year the other's just don't hold my interest.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:13 PM   #1160
Easy Mac

Quote:
I can't be hearing (reading) you correctly. It almost looks like you think Haley is unattractive. There must be some internet-interference or something.

Also Haley is hot because internet.

She looks like unsliced bacon
Old 04-03-2007, 10:14 PM   #1161
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Once a year the producers of American Idol feel compelled to tune in to the Oldies channel. Maybe it's some misplaced feeling of public service. Maybe it's just plain hubris. Whatever the reason, the results are never all that pretty.

I don't think the judges really understand the standards. I'm not sure I do, myself. They're from another time, when people apparently didn't mind songs that seemed to last six hours, since they travelled three days by horse and buggy to reach the lounge in the first place.

What are the proper standards for evaluating standards, anyway? Do they have anything to do with Standard Gasoline, which became Esso, or Exxon, or Exxon-Mobil, or any variation along those lines? At any rate, I'm going to pour a little gasoline on a rather weak fire tonight, as my ratings won't look much like the ones the judges would apparently experess.

1. Melinda Doolittle. Paula keeps dropping hints that she believes songs should have a beginning, a middle and an end. Unlike Haley's legs. I get it, really, I do. Every song from Melinda is a complete performance. And I think Melinda gets standards. Just sing with a pure tone, stay on key and in control. Hard to find anything wrong with it, and she's back on top after finishing three points back for the first time last week. Kinda like Florida basketball this February. Score of 95.

I want to say 2-9, the rest. But I'll try and sort them out.

2. Blake Lewis. I think he, too, understood the theme, and stuck with the most basic of lounge songs. What else do you do with standards week, anyway? It was a solid performance, nothing to write home about. Score of 78.

3. Jordin Sparks. She was the only one truly taking chances this week, and that should be rewarded. Her song has some complexity, and she did basically a nice job, but her voice was rather nasal for the first time this season. Maybe she has a cold. Score of 77.

4. Sanjaya Malakar. At this point, he could marry Bobby Brown and belt out the sweetest vocal ever heard and the judges would rough him up and kick sand in his face. He's young, but you can tell he should be this type of schlock for a living. Once he starts to truly get performance, he'll be hitting home runs with the soft stuff, because there is a nice quality about his voice that overcame a bum note here and there. It wasn't bad, and this was a truly mediocre week. Score of 74.

5. LaKisha Jones. The beginning was so badly off-key that not even her usual tricks could save her. LaKisha has an incredible talent for being able to move into a note quickly - she must have perfect pitch. With the usually bluesy stuff she sings, that cover works well. But being forced into an older song, well, I can't imagine a worse choice for her. I also have to wonder what was going on with her "choice" to abandon the pure big note at the end - that smelled like a producer setup to me. I think she's getting bad advice because the Idol people think they can't market her. Definitely her worst performance of the season by far. Score of 69.

6. Phil Stacey. Not as terrible as the judges made it out to be, but it was an odd take on a song he should have hit out of the ballpark. Here's a hint, Phil: when the judges get on your case because you sounded like you were singing at a funeral parlor, do not, whatever you do, say you were inspired by your wife. Unless your name is Scott Peterson. Score of 65.

7. Haley Scarnato. At least I know Simon and the gang were reading my comments last week. She does sound like she's singing in a pageant. I don't mind that she's shamelessly trying to get the male vote, because she is absolutely gorgeous. I think about voting for her myself for that reason alone. There are some runs of a few seconds when she actually sounds quite good, but for whatever reason she is incapable of putting together a cohesive singing performance. This one was more than a little rocky. Score of 63.

8. Chris Richardson. Okay, I did not get the judges' love on this one. Backstreet Boys meet Tony Bennett. It just didn't work for me, dawg. Not a bit. It sounded like a bad parody, which would have been fine if he was aware of it. Score of 61.

9. Gina Glocksen. Haley has an excellent sense of fashion. Gina, however, consistently tries to stuff her body into some scary-looking costumes at times. She outdid herself tonight. She looked like a sausage, and I think it strained her voice, because she sounded terrible. She over-throttled the nice control she found last week, and had quite a few pitch problems. She is in very serious danger this week. Score of 58.

Bottom three tonight: Gina, Haley and Jordin. Girls' night out.
Who should go: Sanjaya, lifetime lack of achievement.
Who will go: Gina.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 11:10 PM   #1162
Schmidty
Coordinator

I'm actually with you this week for the most part, Jim. My only changes, would be to give Blake a tie for first with Melinda (because his was just a lot more fun), and Sanjaya should be somewhere in the bottom 3.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:11 AM   #1163
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think Gina has the rocker following. I say Haley or Phil go this week
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:46 AM   #1164
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Melinda (and Lakisha) still BOOORRRRIIIINNNNGGGG. It's amazing how the judges say they can't critique Melinda. Yet, everyone else gets sliced (like Jordin) for not making it hip {or their own). Uh, hello. Melinda hasn't sung anything she's done so far this year sound like it was recorded before 1968.

My wife and I agree that Melinda is simply so distracting to look at that we can't even concentrate on her singing performance. For the same reason, Gina has to lose the tongue piercing, at least when she's singing Tony Bennett stuff.

Last edited by Vinatieri for Prez : 04-04-2007 at 12:48 AM.
Vinatieri for Prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 04:55 AM   #1165
Mota
College Benchwarmer

This week, nobody wins. Kinda like country week.

The judges are constantly after "young, young young" and then give them this crap to work with. And then they complain that the passion for the music isn't there when they're forced to sing songs that they probably hate. None of these kids were even born when this stuff was popular. And most of all, none of this music is relevant in today's world, so how are we to determine who is the biggest pop star by last night's performance?

It reminds me a lot of Reuben back in Season 3... he was outstanding every week and everybody loved him, but when it was time to make a modern sounding album, he had no shred of credibility and it flopped. He could nail the 60's R & B sound like no other, but you're not going to buy a 60's R & B album because that went out of style 40 years ago!

Anyways, this week I believe that Melinda was very strong. Her song was very difficult, almost like 3 seperate songs within the main one. And she nailed all the parts. I also thought that Lakisha was very boring. Both of these girls are very popular but WILL NEVER be huge pop stars, they are too old fashion.

I felt that Haley was trying to have sex with everyone with her performance. My wife didn't appreciate that.

And I think that Blake was the strongest this week, and still my pick to be the breakout star of the show, whether he wins or not.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:10 AM   #1166
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We both agreed with Jim. We thought Sanjaya was quite good this week, and that this is his niche. Of course, we both think he should go based on his overall track record. Meanwhile, I think I need to committ Easy Mac. Haley is not quite in McPhee's zone, but she is hot.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:13 AM   #1167
Ksyrup

Yeah. Sanjaya was actually restrained and sounded somewhat decent. That was close to what we heard in his audition that made us think he was a good singer. I was surprised the judges blew him off so quickly, but maybe they didn't want to throw more gaas on the fire for his fans. If he's been getting so many votes based on awful performances, imagine how energized his fan base would be if Simon gave him even a backhanded compliment.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:10 PM   #1168
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Sorry, Sanjaya was terrible. Off key most of the time.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:20 PM   #1169
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Haley's legs sure can sing. Chris R. was terrible, and I was shocked that the judges praised him so effusively. Sanjaya was bad - seems like some of you are just getting used to him. Phil is going home.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:24 PM   #1170
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Seriously. Another showtune from Melinda?! Can she sing something not written for broadway, already??

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 12:30 PM   #1171
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
We both agreed with Jim. We thought Sanjaya was quite good this week, and that this is his niche. Of course, we both think he should go based on his overall track record. Meanwhile, I think I need to committ Easy Mac. Haley is not quite in McPhee's zone, but she is hot.

She looks like Ms. Piggy crossed with Michaela from last year.
Old 04-04-2007, 03:30 PM   #1172
Ksyrup

Tony Bennett pulls out of tonight’s Idol performance:

The legendary crooner, who turned eighty a few months ago, is not well enough to put his golden pipes on the air.

According to a spokesperson for the star, he has a cold.With just hours left until tonight’s live show, producers from “American Idol” are working hard to find a stand in.

A source close to the show told Access Hollywood they are trying to get Canadian singer Michael Buble to fill in.

Good God! Michael Buble! When I went to Tampa a couple of weeks ago, someone accidentally left a Buble CD in the car and I almost wrecked trying to change the channel, then realized it was a CD and flung it out the window once I pried it from the CD player. That was some seriously awful stuff.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-04-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 04:47 PM   #1173
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Tony Bennett pulls out of tonight’s Idol performance:

The legendary crooner, who turned eighty a few months ago, is not well enough to put his golden pipes on the air.

According to a spokesperson for the star, he has a cold.With just hours left until tonight’s live show, producers from “American Idol” are working hard to find a stand in.

A source close to the show told Access Hollywood they are trying to get Canadian singer Michael Buble to fill in.

Good God! Michael Buble! When I went to Tampa a couple of weeks ago, someone accidentally left a Buble CD in the car and I almost wrecked trying to change the channel, then realized it was a CD and flung it out the window once I pried it from the CD player. That was some seriously awful stuff.

there are no accidents
Old 04-04-2007, 06:49 PM   #1174
Vinatieri for Prez
College Starter

Quote:

He actually lost out on the Grammy this year to Tony Bennett for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album. For whatever that's worth.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #1175
Ksyrup

Quote:
there are no accidents

You're right. I believe it was a deliberate attempt on my life.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #1176
Easy Mac

WTF is Paula wearing?
Old 04-04-2007, 08:10 PM   #1177
Easy Mac

Sanjaya represent!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #1178
Ksyrup

As long as we're making a list of things to call you...
Old 04-04-2007, 08:18 PM   #1179
Easy Mac

Does Mike Bubbly always look and sound this intoxicated? And his singing sucks

Last edited by Easy Mac : 04-04-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #1180
Ksyrup

For the 5 steps forward Harry Connick Jr. brought this genre into the spotlight the past decade-plus, this guy is setting it back light years. Yeesh.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #1181
Easy Mac

Nice Bubbly, I like you for that joke alone. And I take that back, I'm pretty sure he's coked up
Old 04-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #1182
Easy Mac

Nosferatu will not be stopped!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #1183
Easy Mac

Haley is coming back sluttier than ever next week. More Bacon!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #1184
sabotai
General Manager

Woohoo, another week of looking at Haley!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #1185
Ksyrup

That's too bad. I hope they don't make her sing again now that's she losing it on stage.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #1186
MJ4H
Coordinator

ouch
Old 04-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #1187
Easy Mac

I just want to see someone, when they get voted off, once the music starts, to just drop the mike and walk off the stage.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 PM   #1188
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Woohoo, another week of looking at Haley!

Oh yeah!!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #1189
Ksyrup

Quote:
I just want to see someone, when they get voted off, once the music starts, to just drop the mike and walk off the stage.

That'll be Sanjaya, because he's a rebel like that.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #1190
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

gina got screwed. This week was really out of her comfort zone/ style and she paid for it.

It really pisses me off the Melinda/Lakisha can basicly find loopholes to perform the same styles every week but Gina gets forced to sing something out of her range.

I realize there was no way she was winning but she was unique to the competition and to me it is dissapointing to see her go.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:27 PM   #1191
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Are you guys aware that Jim has been nailing it? Forget super hardcore football sims, this guy should be doing entertainment sims.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:54 PM   #1192
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I am on a rather freakish streak this season - I'm currently leading the prediction competition on another board. Which means next week I'll probably blow it completely. J-Lo and salsa music. That's a tough read.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:57 PM   #1193
Ksyrup

I can only pray that Sanjaya comes out dressed like Charo on the Love Boat.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:49 PM   #1194
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can only pray that Sanjaya comes out dressed like Charo on the Love Boat.

That's a strange fetish you've got there....
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:38 AM   #1195
Ksyrup

Yes, it's the "I want to be entertained since he's going to be on the show anyway" fetish.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:47 AM   #1196
JeeberD
General Manager

Bye bye, Gina...

*sigh*

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:48 AM   #1197
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-

Though she did look bad Tuesday.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:51 AM   #1198
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Bye bye, Gina...

*sigh*

I was ecstatic, I couldn't stand how full of herself she was.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:53 AM   #1199
Ksyrup

I didn't get that vibe from her at all.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:32 AM   #1200
Logan
Head Coach

I think it stemmed more from the Hollywood episodes than the elimination ones. My girlfriend and I constantly got the impression that she felt she was better than everybody, which caused both of us to hate her since and be very happy when she got knocked off (well, I was extra happy that Haley stuck around).
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote