Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #1151
Tyrith
College Starter

Path is either completely screwing with us for reasons I cannot fathom, or he's a good guy being screwed over...he's actually pretty high on my trust list right now.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 11:38 AM   #1152
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I'm not sure what's going on with him, but I'm going to take him at his word and see how things go.

I will state for the record that I am completely loyal to the Cardinal and our cause, and will do everything in my power to prevent any harm from coming to him.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:39 AM   #1153
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
My first instinct is to vote for Path, but he is acting really weird, so I am going to stay away from him. Thanks for clearing my Blade. ITs hard to clear yourself when you have nothing special to your name. I am an above average fighter and cannot resist a duel, so hopefully I will be called to duel soon so I can prove myself.

Feel free to lay down the glove yourself, too
Old 12-12-2006, 11:40 AM   #1154
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Feel free to lay down the glove yourself, too

Maybe she can't and can only accept. I suspect there are lots of qualifiers to many of the roles here.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:41 AM   #1155
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Maybe she can't and can only accept. I suspect there are lots of qualifiers to many of the roles here.

Ah, true. I don't have any such things, so I didn't really think about it.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #1156
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
My first instinct is to vote for Path, but he is acting really weird, so I am going to stay away from him. Thanks for clearing my Blade. ITs hard to clear yourself when you have nothing special to your name. I am an above average fighter and cannot resist a duel, so hopefully I will be called to duel soon so I can prove myself.

Did Blade clear you? I think I missed that post.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:02 PM   #1157
hoopsguy
General Manager

Very quiet so far today. There seems to be information out there on quite a few players now, including some potentially duplicate roles:

Seer - Alan and Blade
Duke - Fouts and Lathum

So, are we going to be looking at duplicate roles in other places? These roles seem to be pretty tilted towards good if all of these people are in fact good guys. But I'm probably willing to wait one more day to explore this idea and see if the bad guys are willing to continue to play a game of chicken with revealed "roled" villagers.

Other people who have some info revealed:
Blade cleared: me and LoneStarGirl
Cronin: priest, out of band for last two days
Dubb: sends women

Path: had a visitor on Night 1 but not sent by Dubb. Now being compelled to vote for me.

Anyone I'm missing here?

The group that I don't have information on at the moment is probably where my vote will go, barring some kind of reveal that helps steer actions. The notes along with them indicate a "word association" exercise when I type their name
- DaddyTorgo: no strong impression
- Jonathan: seemed suspicious of Fouts on Night 1, has since backed off
- Tyrith: drawn into debate with Dubb on Day 1
- NTN: first to question Cronin as "priest", possible tip-off for bad guy?
- BrianD: no strong impression
- Warlord: had questions about duels earlier in game, generally seems suspicious that I'm not active enough so far

If we do in fact have a pair of dukes and a pair of seers, then I'm very confident that we have multiple bad guys in this list. But that would also have to heavily stack the game in favor of the good guys, unless there are roles missing like bodyguard. Or a pretty big starting number of bad guys.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:06 PM   #1158
hoopsguy
General Manager

For any of the six people I listed as unconnected, I would welcome information about any kind of player interaction you have had up to this point. Obviously this is tough to do as a Guard without night actions, but I feel that interaction has to be a part of the evaluation process when figuring out a vote.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:09 PM   #1159
Tyrith
College Starter

Hoops, don't you think the stacking factor could be the rapidly rising body count we have? We took two night 1 and two more night 2, even though Mr.W wasn't strictly on our side. If they're getting multiple kills a night that could rapidly evaporate our advantage. And Lathum wasn't a duke, just a fast talker, so that wasn't really duplicated in a strict sense.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:10 PM   #1160
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
For any of the six people I listed as unconnected, I would welcome information about any kind of player interaction you have had up to this point. Obviously this is tough to do as a Guard without night actions, but I feel that interaction has to be a part of the evaluation process when figuring out a vote.

Hoops, when I mentioned a "writing desk" after night 1, did that mean anything to you?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:12 PM   #1161
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
If we do in fact have a pair of dukes and a pair of seers, then I'm very confident that we have multiple bad guys in this list. But that would also have to heavily stack the game in favor of the good guys, unless there are roles missing like bodyguard. Or a pretty big starting number of bad guys.

Or secret factions that might be willing to help the bad guys. For instance, it's very possible still that the person sending visitors to me is not a Musketeer (that's just a hunch, I have no info about that person at all).

Also, do we classify M. Lathum as a duke? Seems more of a passive thing where he just can't participate in duels rather than a traditional duke role.

The two seer thing makes sense if one is trying to find Musketeers and the other factions such as the Chevaliers de la Reine.

Based on what we've seen so far, it would not surprise me at all to see the bad guys with some buffed up powers.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:18 PM   #1162
hoopsguy
General Manager

Tyrith - yeah, the two kills per night could be the "stacking" factor. One thing that sticks out to me about this is that we have seen different kill technique (poison on Night 1) and that Path says another person was targeting Alan on Night 1 as well. But given that we have seen two successful kills each night there is a decent chance that is the balance. If you accept this, then does this make you more likely to believe that our revealed characters are all members of the Guard?

Brian - no, that did not have any specific meaning. Should it have meaning to a specific player, or is it a general clue drop for people to work towards your role?

Path - I'm up for however people want to classify people. The post was intended to create some kind of logical grouping for people with similar powers. And I'm leaping to a bit of a conclusion with Alan as a seer based on the "Investigator" role but not much of one given the document found on his person.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:20 PM   #1163
Tyrith
College Starter

Hoops, right now I'm willing to buy you, path, blade, lsg, and fouts as all good without any trouble. Lathum, yeah, maybe, but his ability wouldn't be totally unbalancing on a bad guy so I'd be willing to buy him being bad. Dubb, his ability is just WEIRD, but right now everyone is vouching for him, so I suppose I'll let it go for now.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:29 PM   #1164
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Dubb, his ability is just WEIRD, but right now everyone is vouching for him, so I suppose I'll let it go for now.

I did find the debate between Dubb and Blade last night to be pretty interesting. It really does look like there is a fundamental problem there with Dubb saying that by sending a girl to someone's room it precludes them from using their role and Blade saying that nonetheless he was able to get a view report night 1 when Dubb sent someone to him.

The servant reading the report is plausible I guess, but it's also kind of a clumsy mechanic then, isn't it? I'm having some problem reconciling that whole thing with both of them being 100% good.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:37 PM   #1165
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, night 1 was a beautiful woman. Last night was a midget of indeterminate sex wearing a dress. Suffice to say I was not satisfied.

I am almost positive that dubb is not the one sending these guests to me. I still do not know who is, however.

I also have no idea where to go with a vote, unlike yesterday when I correctly named the bad guy in the Fouts voters. I lean trust on dubb, hoops, lsg, fouts and lathum.

So that said:

VOTE HOOPSGUY

My mind cannot be changed.
CHALLENGE PATH TO A DUEL

Im sorry path, like you there are some things i cant control
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:40 PM   #1166
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
CHALLENGE PATH TO A DUEL

Im sorry path, like you there are some things i cant control

I understand. No offense taken.

REFUSE DUEL CHALLENGE FROM BLADE
Old 12-12-2006, 01:41 PM   #1167
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Brian - no, that did not have any specific meaning. Should it have meaning to a specific player, or is it a general clue drop for people to work towards your role?

It was to have meaning to a specific player, but apparently it didn't. I guess I'll hold off on saying more about it for now.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:43 PM   #1168
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I wish I could give you something, but I'm just a plain guard. The only way I can see me having any action is if someone pays a visit to me.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:46 PM   #1169
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

....The hell?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #1170
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

A few questions for Dubb. Is there any reason you sent someone to hoops and Barkeep? Were these just guesses, or do you have some information about them?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #1171
Tyrith
College Starter

O...kay blade, that's nice. Any explanation available?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:47 PM   #1172
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Hoops, I haven't been out at night. In terms of my role, I may have hinted at a possibility of my role in one of my posts.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:49 PM   #1173
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

So...that's not one, but two people who supposedly are under control from someone else. This I do not get.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:50 PM   #1174
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I wish I could give you something, but I'm just a plain guard. The only way I can see me having any action is if someone pays a visit to me.

Hmm, are you sure about this? I'm not asking you to reveal any specific information here except to confirm/deny that you have absolutely no role other than Cardinal Guard. Nothing that even fits as flavor?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:51 PM   #1175
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Hoops,

Did you do anything last night?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:53 PM   #1176
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm also very curious about the mechanic that may have sent someone to visit Path. He says he has received unique visitors on two nights, but Dubb did not send either. This seems pretty odd to me, even without the forced vote directed my way.

Did anyone else - besides Barkeep - have a visitor last night?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #1177
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Hoops,

Did you do anything last night?

No, I was in my room. I posted my lack of new information earlier this morning.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:54 PM   #1178
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

I'm just an average guard. I have good fighting skills, but I have no night actions at all and I'm not tied to any faction.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:55 PM   #1179
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm also very curious about the mechanic that may have sent someone to visit Path. He says he has received unique visitors on two nights, but Dubb did not send either. This seems pretty odd to me, even without the forced vote directed my way.

Did anyone else - besides Barkeep - have a visitor last night?

To clarify, I don't know for sure that Dubb did not send either. I have had absolutely no indication as to who is sending them. I've assumed it wasn't Dubb based on the fact that the results of my visits are different than the role he has claimed.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:56 PM   #1180
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Add in that he knows someone really wanted Alan killed, too. Is it possible he was being blackmailed/controlled somehow to kill Alan if the poison didn't work?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:57 PM   #1181
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

CW, could it be that Blade's reaction was not a "blackmailed" action like we believe path's was, but a part of his role? Maybe he has to challenge the first that votes for someone he has cleared. I could see it seen as attack on his honor and honesty. This is just a guess, but seems plausible to me.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:59 PM   #1182
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
CW, could it be that Blade's reaction was not a "blackmailed" action like we believe path's was, but a part of his role? Maybe he has to challenge the first that votes for someone he has cleared. I could see it seen as attack on his honor and honesty. This is just a guess, but seems plausible to me.

That's...pretty in depth, but could be. I was thinking more along the very simple lines of one of them is faking it for some reason.

My head hurts.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:01 PM   #1183
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Add in that he knows someone really wanted Alan killed, too. Is it possible he was being blackmailed/controlled somehow to kill Alan if the poison didn't work?

If Alan hadn't died during the night, maybe I wouldn't have been able to change my mind yesterday either.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:01 PM   #1184
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
O...kay blade, that's nice. Any explanation available?
There lies the counter-balance to my role, and why i expected to die early in this game. After i scan a player, i must challenge anyone who votes them to a duel for the rest of the game.

The story version is that my corruption and subsequent defection to the cardinal filled me with an uncontrollable rage. I have a reputation for striking men down on the spot for questioning me, and have the support of the cardinal to the point where no harm comes my way. I am his right hand man in a sense, and am quite powerful.. My rage can hinder my ability to think clearly at times though, and as such any player that questions my word must be challenged to duel.

If you have read the books or seen the movies, the role is in essence extremely similar to Comte de Rochefort in my opinion.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #1185
hoopsguy
General Manager

In terms of "faking it" that is something I have done in the past as a bad guy. But it was closer to end game, when I felt like I needed to buy myself one day. Take that for what it is worth ...
Old 12-12-2006, 02:02 PM   #1186
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
That's...pretty in depth, but could be. I was thinking more along the very simple lines of one of them is faking it for some reason.

My head hurts.

That is possible too, of course. And I wouldn't put it past either of them to lie like that. But I guess I do trust Blade at this point.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:04 PM   #1187
Blade6119
Coordinator

Note, thats if they come up as not being a musketeer. If they come up evil, i must challenge them to a duel and must announce my findings in the same post.
Demotivation
Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #1188
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Okay, so we have to figure out who really wanted Alan dead (I know, where do we begin ) and who also wants hoops dead.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:08 PM   #1189
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

With the bajillion roles and bizarre actions we've already seen in this game, I honestly wonder if there is an actual vanilla role.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:09 PM   #1190
Blade6119
Coordinator

Path, reply with only the letter A if you are being controlled by the secret society.
Demotivation
Old 12-12-2006, 02:10 PM   #1191
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Okay, so we have to figure out who really wanted Alan dead (I know, where do we begin ) and who also wants hoops dead.

I can give you my ex-wife's address. Not sure what she has against hoops though.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:11 PM   #1192
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
If Alan hadn't died during the night, maybe I wouldn't have been able to change my mind yesterday either.

OK, what part of your actions is beyond your control? The choice of who to vote for, or the inability to modify the vote at a later time?

I'm trying to understand why Alan's death on Night 1 would have had any bearing on your freedom to vote yesterday and today.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #1193
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
A few questions for Dubb. Is there any reason you sent someone to hoops and Barkeep? Were these just guesses, or do you have some information about them?

I felt, without having any inside information, that Hoops and Barkeep were in serious need of booty. Hoops on day 1 seemed repressed, unable to present much useful information and even went as far as to call for his own death pre day 1. I was glad to help during the night.

Barkeep on day 2 could not stop talking about hoops and claiming he had something calls a hoopsdar? Without getting too graphic, lets just say I was worried about a dear friend of mine and decided he needed some love.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:13 PM   #1194
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Path, reply with only the letter A if you are being controlled by the secret society.

I have no knowledge of who is sending me visitors. Going back through my information I believe it is one person.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:14 PM   #1195
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

I think we should all do a quick run on hoops and watch blade trying to keep up with his challenges Of course we can unvote hoops later and go after someone who is more likely to be bad.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #1196
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
I think we should all do a quick run on hoops and watch blade trying to keep up with his challenges Of course we can unvote hoops later and go after someone who is more likely to be bad.

Musketeer or not, your an evil evil man dubby
Demotivation
Old 12-12-2006, 02:16 PM   #1197
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post

Have fun with that, I don't think I will join in with that.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:17 PM   #1198
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I have no knowledge of who is sending me visitors. Going back through my information I believe it is one person.

Is there absolutely nothing that can change your vote from hoops? Not that you can change it yourself, but that the vote can be moved by the person controlling you?
Old 12-12-2006, 02:19 PM   #1199
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm trying to understand why Alan's death on Night 1 would have had any bearing on your freedom to vote yesterday and today.

Quote:
One other comment that I can't clarify more: someone definitely wanted AlanT dead. Whether or not they knew his role I don't know, but he was certainly targeted in addition to the poisoning.

If someone is dead they certainly can't be voted for, can they?

As for my freedom, well, we all have certain skeletons in our closet that an unscrupulous person might take advantage of. I've made it clear when my mind cannot be changed. I really don't think I can get any more specific than that.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:21 PM   #1200
Blade6119
Coordinator

Path was the one telling us some guards had their own agendas, and that they would bribe and blackmail people to reach their means...so either its path and this is all a game(i find that unlikely, but possible) or some other guard isnt playing nicely.
Demotivation