Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2007, 05:53 PM   #1151
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
cronin...i dont know how you are coming up with me as a demon, seeing as how i revealed that i worked on the cathedral at night (yes i realize this is unconfirmed), but also after I put the lyhch vote on chief rum instead of you, changed my votes TO Anxiety yesterday to create a tie, which took you off the block for the time being, and lobbied the Bishop to see the error of his ways and not vote for you?

vote anxiety
vote anxiety

I think cronin is making too much of an apparent coincidence -- after cronin said "Nion Chaos" you changed your vote, voting the same way as cronin -- and this was right after you said you would vote the same way Neon does. So it seemed like you were voting for Neon's "team" and that you knew about the "Ni" signal. As for why he still thinks it...well, he said he was really sick today, so he's probably too out of it to see all the details.

I believe you, though. If you're dead set against working on the cathedral, that's cool -- will you be around at deadline? If you can watch for any demon shenanigans, that would be great!
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:55 PM   #1152
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
cronin...i dont know how you are coming up with me as a demon

Maybe, I'm not completely convinced myself - it just seems to follow logically from what I know. Your play has overall been very puzzling to me, there's something going on with you that I can't figure out.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:58 PM   #1153
st.cronin
General Manager

I guess if I had to bet my life on it, I'd bet the other demons were Schmidty and Mr. W.

knives out
Old 10-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #1154
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Maybe, I'm not completely convinced myself - it just seems to follow logically from what I know. Your play has overall been very puzzling to me, there's something going on with you that I can't figure out.

you are right about one thing, i have played a bit differently this game than i usually do...normally, i sit back and watch for a couple days and then come out gunning with the conclusions i have drawn in the previous days.

this game, i decided to come out a little more agressively because i thought the 2 vote per cycle dynamic could be used against the village, and wanted to try and limit that happening.

just changing the pace a little bit...doesnt mean i am not exactly what i said i am...a humble friar working for the best of the village.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:05 PM   #1155
st.cronin
General Manager

Saldana, are you perchance the Monk Neon referenced in one of his prayers to me? I've been very puzzled by that.

knives out
Old 10-19-2007, 06:26 PM   #1156
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess if I had to bet my life on it, I'd bet the other demons were Schmidty and Mr. W.

You would be way wrong. Just for that:

Vote st. cronin
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #1157
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
You would be way wrong. Just for that:

Vote st. cronin

It's a bad idea to place votes out of spite.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:35 PM   #1158
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, are you perchance the Monk Neon referenced in one of his prayers to me? I've been very puzzled by that.

nope, unless he named my role wrong...friar, not a monk
Old 10-19-2007, 06:45 PM   #1159
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
It's a bad idea to place votes out of spite.

I know. It's not spite. If someone votes for someone for absolutely no reason at this point in the game, it looks bad to me.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:46 PM   #1160
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I know. It's not spite. If someone votes for someone for absolutely no reason at this point in the game, it looks bad to me.

Who has voted for someone with absolutely no reason?
Old 10-19-2007, 06:48 PM   #1161
Passacaglia
Coordinator

For the record, I believe you. If you were a demon, you could have placed two votes on cronin last night. I think you're best served putting some work in on the cathedral, though.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:50 PM   #1162
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think cronin is making too much of an apparent coincidence -- after cronin said "Nion Chaos" you changed your vote, voting the same way as cronin -- and this was right after you said you would vote the same way Neon does. So it seemed like you were voting for Neon's "team" and that you knew about the "Ni" signal. As for why he still thinks it...well, he said he was really sick today, so he's probably too out of it to see all the details.

I believe you, though. If you're dead set against working on the cathedral, that's cool -- will you be around at deadline? If you can watch for any demon shenanigans, that would be great!

Hey sal, I see that you're in the thread -- that question about the deadline was directed at you.
Old 10-19-2007, 06:55 PM   #1163
saldana
Pro Starter

yeah pass, i should be in at the deadline...not sure what you expect me to be able to do about anything...i already voted.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:00 PM   #1164
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
yeah pass, i should be in at the deadline...not sure what you expect me to be able to do about anything...i already voted.

Me neither. How about this -- if a bunch of people switch votes at the last minute, you can say "Ha! Pass was right!"

I guess my worry is along the lines of what cronin said -- we can't afford to lose a villager. So if people start voting for someone other than Anxiety or cronin, you're better off voting for cronin than a potential villager.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #1165
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm not sure if I'll be around at deadline or not...will try but can't make any guarantees.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:09 PM   #1166
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Who has voted for someone with absolutely no reason?

I've been accused by st. cronin of being a demon, but there is zero evidence.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:12 PM   #1167
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
For the record, I believe you. If you were a demon, you could have placed two votes on cronin last night. I think you're best served putting some work in on the cathedral, though.

Where do you think I should put the work in? It looks like carpentry is covered for now.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:14 PM   #1168
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Where do you think I should put the work in? It looks like carpentry is covered for now.

Well, carpentry is the only thing that was unfinished as of this morning, so it seems like we should put all of our resources into fixing that. But that begs the question -- do you think someone can sabotage part of the cathedral during the day? My guess is no, so my suggestion is to go for the carpentry, and make sure that no one is faking it today.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:15 PM   #1169
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
I've been accused by st. cronin of being a demon, but there is zero evidence.

accused yes...voted for, no....big difference
Old 10-19-2007, 07:24 PM   #1170
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Very cool, PB! Will they ever make a good movie out of one of his books? I saw High Fidelity but haven't read it -- the movie was so-so. I read Fever Pitch and *loved* it -- I haven't seen the movie, but based on the commercials, it looked like a steaming pile of crap. The only one where I've read the book and seen the movie was About a Boy, which was a good book, but I absolutely hated the movie.

About a Boy is one of my sentimental all time favorites and is the DVD I own which I have watched the most (though admittedly I have seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail more often. I have recently been meaning to rewatch it.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:25 PM   #1171
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Question for Barkeep: Does Cathedral work process even if the player gets lynched? In other words, if I work on the cathedral, and get lynched, does my work still count?

Yes.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 07:30 PM   #1172
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
About a Boy is one of my sentimental all time favorites and is the DVD I own which I have watched the most (though admittedly I have seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail more often. I have recently been meaning to rewatch it.

Have you read the book? It could be that I hate it because I watched it very shortly after reading the book, and it just doesn't compare. I've usually been a "book first, then movie" person, but I'm starting to change my tune -- if you read the book first, the movie never compares, but if you see the movie, then read the book, it seems like you end up liking both.
Old 10-19-2007, 07:33 PM   #1173
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Well, carpentry is the only thing that was unfinished as of this morning, so it seems like we should put all of our resources into fixing that. But that begs the question -- do you think someone can sabotage part of the cathedral during the day? My guess is no, so my suggestion is to go for the carpentry, and make sure that no one is faking it today.

Ok, sounds reasonable.

WORK ON CARPENTRY
Old 10-19-2007, 07:36 PM   #1174
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Ok, sounds reasonable.

WORK ON CARPENTRY

Cool. Now the only problem is your vote on cronin. I know he made a comment about you, but come on -- cronin and I are the ones trying to build the cathedral! If we were demons, why would we waste our votes on that in a "which reveal is right?" day. If we're demons, wouldn't we want to use our votes in voting for the other guy -- like Anxiety did?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:05 PM   #1175
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Cool. Now the only problem is your vote on cronin. I know he made a comment about you, but come on -- cronin and I are the ones trying to build the cathedral! If we were demons, why would we waste our votes on that in a "which reveal is right?" day. If we're demons, wouldn't we want to use our votes in voting for the other guy -- like Anxiety did?

Or you could have ulterior motives...like "let's send the villagers on a race to complete the Cathedral and then we don't have to worry about them casting as many votes and our fellow wolves can sway it however we want"...not saying it's the case, just that it's a possibility...
Old 10-19-2007, 08:08 PM   #1176
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
Or you could have ulterior motives...like "let's send the villagers on a race to complete the Cathedral and then we don't have to worry about them casting as many votes and our fellow wolves can sway it however we want"...not saying it's the case, just that it's a possibility...

Your vote says you think it's the case. How many demons do you expect there to be besides us, if cronin and I are demons? Not to mention that if we succeeded in lynching Anxiety this way, cronin and I would be totally screwed.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:09 PM   #1177
Passacaglia
Coordinator

would be screwed after the role reveal, I meant
Old 10-19-2007, 08:11 PM   #1178
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

I personally think there are 3 demons + Gabriel...I am just not sure who is Lucifer and Gabriel, there are a number of possibilities. Your play today has been odd to me, you've been very pushy and aggressive which is pinging my radar for some reason. Anxiety is definitely on the list, as are NC and Cronin.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:16 PM   #1179
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I personally think there are 3 demons + Gabriel...I am just not sure who is Lucifer and Gabriel, there are a number of possibilities. Your play today has been odd to me, you've been very pushy and aggressive which is pinging my radar for some reason. Anxiety is definitely on the list, as are NC and Cronin.

3 demons + Gabriel? Do you mean 3 demons + Lucifer? Fine. So in your theory, two demons plus me and cronin. How many angels? Let's say 2. That's 4 votes for cronin from them, two more from NC is 6. If our plan is to distract the villagers and get them to build the cathedral so that we can vote for Anxiety, it's not a plan that's going to work.

I'm not sure what you mean about the rest of your post. I thought everyone was wokring on the assumption that cronin and Anxiety were Gabriel and Lucifer, but don't know which is which.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:18 PM   #1180
Passacaglia
Coordinator

And then -- is Alan one of the demons, voting for Anxiety? If so, why would he duke us away from our vote for Anxiety yesterday, then vote for him today?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #1181
path12
Coordinator

The current work on the cathedral should be plenty if Pass is as good as he claims. I don't think he is but also don't think he'll come out and openly sabotage, so I will use my actions to vote.

VOTE ST CRONIN
VOTE ST CRONIN
Old 10-19-2007, 08:19 PM   #1182
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

To clarify - I think there are 2 demons, Lucifer and Gabriel...
Old 10-19-2007, 08:20 PM   #1183
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
To clarify - I think there are 2 demons, Lucifer and Gabriel...

So 3 demons total, and one angel total?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:21 PM   #1184
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
The current work on the cathedral should be plenty if Pass is as good as he claims. I don't think he is but also don't think he'll come out and openly sabotage, so I will use my actions to vote.

VOTE ST CRONIN
VOTE ST CRONIN

Do what you gotta do, man.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #1185
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
3 demons + Gabriel? Do you mean 3 demons + Lucifer? Fine. So in your theory, two demons plus me and cronin. How many angels? Let's say 2. That's 4 votes for cronin from them, two more from NC is 6. If our plan is to distract the villagers and get them to build the cathedral so that we can vote for Anxiety, it's not a plan that's going to work.

I'm not sure what you mean about the rest of your post. I thought everyone was wokring on the assumption that cronin and Anxiety were Gabriel and Lucifer, but don't know which is which.

I think this sums up why I'm so suspicious of you today....if you think cronin and anxiety are Gabriel and Lucifer but you aren't sure which one is which, why are you so hell bent against lynching Cronin tonight? If you agree that he is one of those 2 roles, we have a 50/50 shot of being right, the exact same odds of being right by lynching Anxiety.

My thinking is that you are a demon, Cronin is Lucifer, Anxiety is Gabriel. In my mind, there isn't another simple (using Occum's Razor rule here) explanation for your play today...which has come off as you being hell bent to lynch Anxiety.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:26 PM   #1186
Passacaglia
Coordinator

*I* know which is which -- I just meant that everyone else is unsure. I said that cronin is Gabriel a long time ago.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:26 PM   #1187
Passacaglia
Coordinator

And I have *never* said to lynch Anxiety! I have said you should work on the cathedral! Show me where I said to lynch Anxiety!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #1188
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
And obviously, cronin is Gabriel.

Look at my posts. I've been a freaking cheerleader for this damn cathedral -- which is the angel's victory condition before the villagers. I don't care about killing demons -- in fact if that happens before the cathedral is built, we don't get our major victory.

Here's post 991, where I said cronin is Gabriel.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:28 PM   #1189
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You asked me to show you one thing you've done to hurt the village, and I showed you two.

Anyway, I'm just exploring all our options -- I don't think path being evil is a done deal. You can buy trust by putting in work on the cathedral -- that way we'll know you're not going to vote to save Anxiety.

Here's where I asked you to put in work on the cathedral. I don't know where you get that I want you to vote for anxiety.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:30 PM   #1190
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree with this. That's why I want the questionable people to put in the work on the cathedral, so that the known goods can be the ones to take care of Anxiety.

Sorry, that last post of mine that I quoted was 1075 -- I should have labeled it. This is post 1087, where I ask again to work on the cathedral.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:31 PM   #1191
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Thanks for putting the one action in, at least! I think your vote is misplaced, though -- I think it's a bad villager move.

Here's post 1149, where I thank you for putting in work on the cathedral. When you did that, it really raised my trust in you, and I went from possibly suspecting you, to only convincing you that I'm right (whereas before, I was doing both).
Old 10-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #1192
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Here's where I asked you to put in work on the cathedral. I don't know where you get that I want you to vote for anxiety.

Because after I voted for Cronin, you made a comment about my vote being misplaced or something - I'll have to go back and find it. And after Path voted for Cronin, you said "Do what you gotta do, man." And when Schmidty voted for Cronin, you said that voting out of spite was a bad idea...how many more examples of trying to convince people to NOT vote for Cronin (and by default, vote for Anxiety as they are the 2 that we've agreed need to go) do you need????
Old 10-19-2007, 08:34 PM   #1193
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Because after I voted for Cronin, you made a comment about my vote being misplaced or something - I'll have to go back and find it. And after Path voted for Cronin, you said "Do what you gotta do, man." And when Schmidty voted for Cronin, you said that voting out of spite was a bad idea...how many more examples of trying to convince people to NOT vote for Cronin (and by default, vote for Anxiety as they are the 2 that we've agreed need to go) do you need????

That is not the same as being hell bent on lynching Anxiety. How many times do I have to ask you to work on the cathedral for you to realize that that's what I want you to do?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:37 PM   #1194
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I think this sums up why I'm so suspicious of you today....if you think cronin and anxiety are Gabriel and Lucifer but you aren't sure which one is which, why are you so hell bent against lynching Cronin tonight? If you agree that he is one of those 2 roles, we have a 50/50 shot of being right, the exact same odds of being right by lynching Anxiety.

My thinking is that you are a demon, Cronin is Lucifer, Anxiety is Gabriel. In my mind, there isn't another simple (using Occum's Razor rule here) explanation for your play today...which has come off as you being hell bent to lynch Anxiety.

And really, Occum's Razor? You're arguing that cronin and I are demons, outing ourselves, and putting in work on the cathedral, which is a winning condition for everyone BUT the demons? Wouldn't it be much simpler to assume that we're just building the cathedral so we can win the game?
Old 10-19-2007, 08:41 PM   #1195
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

All I'm saying is that there is a chance that you are wrong...there is a chance you are misleading us to work on the Cathedral so you can work on some other devious plan you have. I don't know. I'm just suggesting an alternative. I've cast my vote for Cronin and I'm not planning at this point on moving it.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:45 PM   #1196
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
All I'm saying is that there is a chance that you are wrong...there is a chance you are misleading us to work on the Cathedral so you can work on some other devious plan you have. I don't know. I'm just suggesting an alternative. I've cast my vote for Cronin and I'm not planning at this point on moving it.

That's fine. I can understand if you're naturally suspicious, or if werewolf brings out the conspiracy theorist -- just that you can't do that, then claim it's Occum's Razor!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:46 PM   #1197
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

And I actually liked the way you hedged your bets -- putting in some work on the cathedral to appease my side, and a vote for cronin to appease Anxiety's side.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:48 PM   #1198
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
That's fine. I can understand if you're naturally suspicious, or if werewolf brings out the conspiracy theorist -- just that you can't do that, then claim it's Occum's Razor!

I can do what I want, I'm an independent woman on the 21st century
Old 10-19-2007, 08:49 PM   #1199
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I can do what I want, I'm an independent woman on the 21st century

That's cool, too. Just expect to get called out on it if I'm around!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:51 PM   #1200
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Come on NC -- you've been sitting stoically in this thread for a while now -- you know you want to force the tie just to make BK go back and calculate his crazy tiebreaker system!