Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-07-2010, 01:03 PM   #1151
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
So what Notre Dame has been waiting for all these years is Nebraska and Mizzou?

Absolutely not. They've been waiting for a scenario where they could be left out of the championship picture as an independent. That time would be now if the B12 was dissolved.

They just had a Rivals writer on local radio in KC. Said that the Big 10 expansion invites are expected very soon due to the Pac-10's move, possibly as soon as the next two weeks.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #1152
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Absolutely not. They've been waiting for a scenario where they could be left out of the championship picture as an independent. That time would be now if the B12 was dissolved.

They just had a Rivals writer on local radio in KC. Said that the Big 10 expansion invites are expected very soon due to the Pac-10's move, possibly as soon as the next two weeks.

Did they say who the two Big East invites might be?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #1153
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Latest from Expansion Central. Syracuse? - CBSSports.com

Latest from Expansion Central. Syracuse?

Posted on: June 7, 2010 11:24 am
Edited on: June 7, 2010 12:40 pm

Score: 139
Log-in to rate:
The latest scuttlebutt Monday morning has to do with Syracuse being the key to prying Notre Dame loose for the Big Ten.

If Missouri and Nebraska say yes to the Big Ten, I'm hearing that then either Pittsburgh or Rutgers would be paired with Syracuse to form an expanded eastern boundary of the new league. The key, apparently, is taking The 'Cuse into the Big Ten. The fit already looks good. Syracuse chancellor Nancy Cantor is a former chancellor at Illinois and provost at Michigan.

In this scenario, the addition of Syracuse collapses the Big East and potentially forces Notre Dame to find a conference home for its minor sports. Not to mention a conference home for football.

In other words, Notre Dame needs a compelling reason to join a league in football. I reported yesterday that if Notre Dame came to the Big Ten, that league's expansion might be capped at 12. That might not be the case now. The two biggest words to remember in this entire process is that it is always a "fluid situation."

Adding to the intrigue is that Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany said Sunday that expansion could happen in stages.

If all of the above comes to pass, we'd be looking at two 16-team leagues (Pac-10, Big Ten), the collapse of the Big 12 and Big East and a whole lot of chaos. Does the SEC react?

Last edited by Chubby : 06-07-2010 at 01:11 PM.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:13 PM   #1154
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex View Post
Did they say who the two Big East invites might be?

Said it would come from Syracuse, Rutgers, or Pitt. Two of those three. My understanding is that Syracuse wasn't interested until they heard that Notre Dame would accept a bid if the Pac-10 and Big 10 were both going to 16 teams.

Edit: Looks like Chubby found an article basically saying what I had heard on the radio.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-07-2010 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #1155
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:

Agreed. And not just that, but ND may decline the Big Ten now if they knew the door was still open (ie the Big Ten at 12 or even 14 would potentially have open spots to invite ND down the road.) If the move toward 16 happens now, which suddenly looks more likely, they would likely accept rather than run the risk of being left out for good, since 17+ (at least for now) starts to seem a bit excessive. It's kind of been a poker game. The Big Ten said if they added ND they would stop at 12. They didn't realize that ND would be much more interested if the move toward 14-16 was a go.

The word today, if this all goes down, has Syracuse in, so the next interesting question for the Big Ten becomes Rutgers or Pitt for the last spot. I'd think Rutgers makes more sense from a BTN market perspective. I also am curious to see how Boeheim reacts. He pretty publicly stated he is against a move to the Big Ten, and he made sure Syracuse turned down the ACC in 2003, which ultimately lead to BC being the 12th ACC team. (Cuse is an anomaly as their basketball brings in more revenue than their football, so he has a lot of power.) I don't think there's anyway they could turn the Big Ten down, of course. I am curious to see his comments, though.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:15 PM   #1156
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Said it would come from Syracuse, Rutgers, or Pitt. Two of those three. My understanding is that Syracuse wasn't interested until they heard that Notre Dame would accept a bid if the Pac-10 and Big 10 were both going to 16 teams.

B.S.

SU has always been interested but not necessarily chomping at the bit to leave the Big East. I think they are finally coming to the conclusion that if a conference shakeup occurs, the Big East will be done as we know it (tho it might survive as an everything but football league). SU pushed for the formation of the football league and if they see it collapsing they know they have to get out of dodge before they wind up somewhere they don't want to be.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:18 PM   #1157
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
B.S.

SU has always been interested but not necessarily chomping at the bit to leave the Big East. I think they are finally coming to the conclusion that if a conference shakeup occurs, the Big East will be done as we know it (tho it might survive as an everything but football league). SU pushed for the formation of the football league and if they see it collapsing they know they have to get out of dodge before they wind up somewhere they don't want to be.

We're splitting hairs here. They're seeing the same thing that ND is seeing and looking to react. I agree with you.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:20 PM   #1158
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I think best case scenario for SU is to go to the Big Ten with Mizzou/Nebraska and either Rutgers or Pitt (preferred) then if ND comes along it's an added bonus.

I just don't see the Big East surviving this. Yeah, Boeheim has a lot of power but I think the university realizes he's also not going to be around for THAT much longer. I can't see them turning down the Big Ten. If they go to the Big Ten then them turning down the ACC was the best thing they could have done back then.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:21 PM   #1159
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
We're splitting hairs here. They're seeing the same thing that ND is seeing and looking to react. I agree with you.

Yah, I just thought you were saying they never had any desire whatsoever.

Well, they are trying to be proactive instead of reactive. They don't want to be searching for a 2nd tier conference.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #1160
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
I think best case scenario for SU is to go to the Big Ten with Mizzou/Nebraska and either Rutgers or Pitt (preferred) then if ND comes along it's an added bonus.

I just don't see the Big East surviving this. Yeah, Boeheim has a lot of power but I think the university realizes he's also not going to be around for THAT much longer. I can't see them turning down the Big Ten. If they go to the Big Ten then them turning down the ACC was the best thing they could have done back then.

Agreed. I don't see them turning down the Big Ten no matter what. I remember his comments were something along the lines of, "If I'm a New York City kid (recruit), I just don't see anything compelling about playing Big Ten basketball." However, the school will see approximately $22 million compelling reasons per year.

Last edited by timmynausea : 06-07-2010 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:26 PM   #1161
Kodos
Resident Alien

Let's just get this done already.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #1162
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post
Agreed. I don't see them turning down the Big Ten no matter what. I remember his comments were something along the lines of, "If I'm a New York City kid (recruit), I just don't see anything compelling about playing Big Ten basketball." However, the school will see approximately $22 million compelling reasons per year.

and of course he leaves out that Big Ten hoops takes a step up with SU added to the mix AND the fact I don't think the NYC kid sees anything compelling playing Providence and Depaul either...
Old 06-07-2010, 01:29 PM   #1163
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Yah, I just thought you were saying they never had any desire whatsoever.

Well, they are trying to be proactive instead of reactive. They don't want to be searching for a 2nd tier conference.

Every university SHOULD be proactive in this instance. It's a dog-eat-dog situation. The situation in the Big 12 clearly demonstrates that.

I think the '2nd tier conference' thing may not be the proper term. As has been stated before, the Big Ten, Pac 10, SEC, and then a merge of the ACC/Big East seem like the likely candidates for 16 team conferences. But I think that the Mountain West and Conference USA are going to be able to pick up some of these remaining schools and put together some pretty competitive 16 team conferences as well. We may still have the 'Big 6' conferences with rearranged teams and a few more teams in a big conference.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-07-2010 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:32 PM   #1164
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

+1
Old 06-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #1165
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

well I think if you are outside of the 4 Mega 16 team conferences then you are def in a 2nd tier conference
Old 06-07-2010, 01:46 PM   #1166
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Pretty shocking, but the Mountain West has decided not to invite Boise State into the conference, at least for now.

Quote:
JACKSON, Wyo. — Boise State is not going to the Mountain West today, anyway.

Commissioner Craig Thompson announced Monday that the conference’s nine presidents have decided to wait to make a decision on expansion until there is more clarity about what will happen with conferences around the country.

Some comments from Thompson:

"They didn't vote. They opted not to expand."

"The topic of expansion is very much still alive."

"It's very confusing times for everybody."

Thompson called Boise State president Bob Kustra. "I simply said our board at this time has made a decision not to expand," he said. Thompson didn't call anyone else because they hadn't shown interest, he said.

Kustra response: “The Mountain West Conference’s decision not to expand is understandable at this time of uncertainty in intercollegiate athletics. Boise State University remains an attractive school for its academics and athletics. Any future conference affiliation should support the long-term vision of the university. The most appropriate action at this juncture is to wait and see how the variables unfold. The opportunity has not been lost. Boise State will continue to grow, develop and excel as one of the premier institutions in the West, competing and partnering with the Western Athletic Conference schools to strengthen and enhance the WAC.”

Athletic director Gene Bleymaier response: "Boise State’s goal to be a nationally prominent program is steadfast. If the opportunity for expansion presents itself, Boise State is a university with a strong academic and athletic resume.”

Football coach Chris Petersen response: “This does not change anything that we have been working on in regards to football. Since the end of last season our players and coaches have been preparing hard for the upcoming season. That is where are total focus is and will continue to be. We have a very challenging non-conference and conference schedule ahead of us and we are not planning to change our goals because of today’s decision. The WAC has, and will continue to be a very strong platform to advance Bronco football. We look forward to another demanding and exciting season in 2010.”

More to come.

•••

The Mountain West Conference expects to hold a press conference at about 11:45 a.m.

Commissioner Craig Thompson will address the media but no presidents will be available to the media. That could mean there won't be an invite. When TCU was invited, BYU president Cecil Samuelson made the announcement. He was the chairman of the board of directors.

The league has concluded its meetings well ahead of schedule.

The press conference will air live on The Mtn. and CBS College Sports.

•••

Like many college conferences, the Mountain West is as concerned about retention as expansion at its summer meetings.

The Mountain West presidents met Sunday and are meeting again now. They likely will wrap up their meetings today so they don’t have to meet on Tuesday morning, as originally scheduled.

Conference membership is an important part of the agenda.

“It’s kind of a two-way street,” Mountain West commissioner Craig Thompson told the Idaho Statesman on Sunday. “Are these nine committed to each other … or are you looking to go there and are you going to leave for here? It’s that in general coupled with what makes us better, what makes us stronger.”

Two of the biggest threats to the long-term stability of the Mountain West might disappear thanks to the Pac-10’s dramatic expansion plan.

If the Pac-10 takes six Big 12 teams, it won’t be taking Utah.

And if the Big 12 loses six teams to the Pac-10 and at least one to the Big Ten, it will lose its standing as a conference, according to The New York Times. The newspaper cited an NCAA rule that states a league must have six schools that have played together for at least five years. It’s unclear whether the Big 12 could add six Mountain West teams (they’ve played together for five years) to get around that rule, but that’s unlikely to fly.

If the Mountain West stays together, then the question becomes what to do next. Should the league add Boise State? Hold out for Colorado? Grab them both? Go to 12 teams? Go to 16 teams?

Those are the issues the presidents began discussing Sunday and will confront today. Columnist Brian Murphy and I wrote about that debate in today’s edition of the Statesman. Here are links to the stories: news, pros for the Mountain West, cons for the Mountain West and Murph’s take.

•••

One reason 10 teams makes sense for the Mountain West is the ability to form travel partners for basketball. However, Thompson told us that his men’s basketball coaches don’t want that. They like the Wednesday-Saturday schedule, which gives them one more practice between games than if they play Thursday-Saturday with both games on the road.

“(They think) ‘How am I going to go on a two-game swing anywhere in the league and win two games? I’m fortunate to get a split,’ ” Thompson said. “ ‘If I have that extra day to practice, I’m the best coach in America, I’ll beat ‘em.’ We have nine of them that think that way.”

•••

If you’re dreaming of a Mountain West with Boise State, Kansas and Colorado, forget it. Kansas and Kansas State reportedly are committed to staying together. So if the Mountain West can get Kansas — the Big East might be more likely — it would have to take Kansas State. That would mean leaving Boise State out or expanding beyond 12.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:52 PM   #1167
MrBug708
Head Coach

That's as good as it gets for BSU
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #1168
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Not too shocking. If the Big 12 breaks apart, the MW is going to start looking at the leftovers there first before they just take 1 non-Big 12 team, right?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-07-2010 at 01:56 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #1169
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
That's as good as it gets for BSU

Yep. I suspect Boise gets their offer eventually assuming the MWC decides to expand but I was pretty much expecting it to be a lock that it happened this go around.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:56 PM   #1170
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Pretty shocking, but the Mountain West has decided not to invite Boise State into the conference, at least for now.

I'm guessing they will eventually. This is another sign that the invites in the bigger conferences are coming much sooner than anticipated. Mountain West is now waiting to see who's left to snap up before giving official invites.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #1171
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Not too shocking. If the Big 12 breaks apart, the MW is going to start looking at the leftovers there first before they just take 1 non-Big 12 team, right?

True, but this has been something rumored for a while. I can understand the last week changing things pretty dramatically though.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:57 PM   #1172
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Article discussing how football is the real focus of this merger frenzy...........

Kansas evidence of basketball's second-class status in college - NCAA Division I Mens Basketball - CBSSports.com
Old 06-07-2010, 02:07 PM   #1173
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

I propose a LeBron-esque summit of the Pac-10, Big 10 and SEC commissioners - tomorrow - during which they determine who goes where, and then they let the other conferences and remaining teams sort out the rest.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #1174
cuervo72
Head Coach

Maybe they can have a draft for it.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:15 PM   #1175
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

They can be like the ABA and just do drafts whenever they feel like it to sort this out.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:27 PM   #1176
Swaggs
Coordinator

Has anyone heard if they are going to bump the limit of BCS game participants, from one conference, up from 2 to 3+?

I guess it is small change compared to the TV money, but it would be interesting to see what type of fallout there is if the BCS has to choose two participants between Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame or Oklahoma, USC, and Texas.

I'll also be interested to see what happens with BCS autobids. The way things are set up now, the Big East without some combo of Pitt/Rutgers/Syracuse would probably, by the current set of rules, still hold on to its eligibility since Cincy, WVU, and Louisville have been their BCS reps and earned the highest BCS ratings over this evaluation period.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 02:32 PM   #1177
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Has anyone heard if they are going to bump the limit of BCS game participants, from one conference, up from 2 to 3+?

I guess it is small change compared to the TV money, but it would be interesting to see what type of fallout there is if the BCS has to choose two participants between Ohio State, Michigan, and Notre Dame or Oklahoma, USC, and Texas.

I'll also be interested to see what happens with BCS autobids. The way things are set up now, the Big East without some combo of Pitt/Rutgers/Syracuse would probably, by the current set of rules, still hold on to its eligibility since Cincy, WVU, and Louisville have been their BCS reps and earned the highest BCS ratings over this evaluation period.

Great point and I cannot even begin to hazard a guess. Really curious to see what the BCS ends up doing in all this.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #1178
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

Then we can all vote on who did the best job!
Old 06-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #1179
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post

Yep, I'd assume the BE would keep their bid if the only change was the Big Ten taking 2. The Big East's future now rests on what the SEC decides to do in a lot of ways. If the SEC goes to 16, the falling dominoes would lead to the end of Big East football. If not, the Big East will be in an interesting spot. To maintain the auto bid, they'd have to get to at least 8 members ASAP to meet the BCS requirements.

Would they try to add Kansas and KSU (and maybe Baylor/Colorado), for example, if those schools are left out? (It's about 1500 miles from Manhattan, KS to Storrs, CT - about the same distance to Tampa (USF) so the travel isn't necessarily as bad as it might seem.) I'm also not sure if they could split from the Big East bball schools and maintain the BCS autobid, so it could really turn into a mess if the SEC doesn't expand.
Old 06-07-2010, 03:24 PM   #1180
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I propose a LeBron-esque summit of the Pac-10, Big 10 and SEC commissioners - tomorrow - during which they determine who goes where, and then they let the other conferences and remaining teams sort out the rest.
If only it were that easy...

I'm pretty sure the Pac-10 wouldn't bother inviting Texas Tech or Baylor if it wasn't being strong-armed by the Texas legislature - it'd make more sense to grab Colorado and Utah to claim a bigger stake in the Denver and SLC media markets.

I'm also somewhat surprised the Pac-10 doesn't appear to be trying to battle the Big Ten for Nebraska. Or maybe they have, and that's Osborne's Ace in the Hole...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:28 PM   #1181
kcchief19
Pro Starter

What absolutely floors me is that everyone is talking about the MWC or Big East absorbing the leftovers of the Big 12 instead of the Big 12 expanding to form a fifth megaconference. With Kansas, K-State, Iowa State and either Colorado or Baylor, the foundation of the remainder of the Big 12 is stronger than the Mountain West.

The Big 12 is a better brand too -- why don't those four schools invite BYU, Utah, TCU, Boise State, Houston, Memphis and two other schools to join the Big 12?

It would be a better TV deal, better marketing, and a conference with a BCS bid in the short term and the ability to shoehorn into the megaconference picture along with the Big East.

I don't know why the Big 12 is just giving up, other than they have the worst commissioner in college sports.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:30 PM   #1182
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dennis Dodds was just on the radio, some points:

*MWC holding off on BSU, because they think B12 is going to fall apart..and they can swoop in and take 4 B12 schools

*Notre Dame Admin wants into B10, but Alums (Donors) dont. Move not likely.

*All or Nothing. Thinks Pac-10 either goes to 16 or stay at 10 and maxmize revenue. Does not think adding 2 more mouths to feed would make $$$$ sense.

*Said even if Nebraska wants to come back to the table, that there has been so much damage done by everyone (Everyone hates everyone) that it would be extremely difficult to keep B12 together

*Said that Baylor has no juice, that the Baylor Lobby appears to be slipping away, and thinks It is going to be Colorado in the end.

*In the end, thinks Pac-10 will be Pac-16 by the end of the month.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:31 PM   #1183
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
What absolutely floors me is that everyone is talking about the MWC or Big East absorbing the leftovers of the Big 12 instead of the Big 12 expanding to form a fifth megaconference. With Kansas, K-State, Iowa State and either Colorado or Baylor, the foundation of the remainder of the Big 12 is stronger than the Mountain West.

The Big 12 is a better brand too -- why don't those four schools invite BYU, Utah, TCU, Boise State, Houston, Memphis and two other schools to join the Big 12?

It would be a better TV deal, better marketing, and a conference with a BCS bid in the short term and the ability to shoehorn into the megaconference picture along with the Big East.

I don't know why the Big 12 is just giving up, other than they have the worst commissioner in college sports.

You do realize that the conference they would form would essentially be that of which the MWC would form right? Just with a different name?
Old 06-07-2010, 04:32 PM   #1184
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Both Nebraska and Mizzou fan boards have posters saying that a 'big announcement' will occur in the next 36-48 hours.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-07-2010 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #1185
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:

There is apparently an NCAA rule about a conference consisting of at least 6 members that have been together for 5 years. In other words, if the Big 12 gets cut down to 4 or whatever, even if they re-form the "Big 12" from what's left, it is considered a new conference with no BCS or NCAA tournament auto-bid. That is why, because of the basketball only schools, the Big East could maintain that bit of leverage to add teams and stay afloat. Like I said, though, if the SEC also expands, Big East football is over.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:39 PM   #1186
MrBug708
Head Coach

I think Baylor is hoping that the PAC-10 won't call their bluff. They really have zero power in this thing
Old 06-07-2010, 04:43 PM   #1187
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

It's a done deal. Alden and Osborne have contacted the Big 12 officials and the AD's and informed them that they will accept a bid to the Big 10.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:50 PM   #1188
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:

The Big 12 won't exist per NCAA regulations. A conference must consist of six teams who have played together for five years. Unless that means that there must be six teams in a conference that has been around for five years, then it would not be a conference for NCAA purposes. It would only have four teams who have played together for five years.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:56 PM   #1189
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Baylor has scheduled a news conference per Bruce Feldman.

Edit: Was Stewart Mandel.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-07-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:04 PM   #1190
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Baylor has scheduled a news conference per Bruce Feldman on Twitter.

I'm not seeing it?

http://twitter.com/BFeldmanESPN

Edit: I see from your edit that it must not be from Twitter.

Last edited by timmynausea : 06-07-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:11 PM   #1191
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea View Post
I'm not seeing it?

http://twitter.com/BFeldmanESPN

Edit: I see from your edit that it must not be from Twitter.

Yeah, it apparently was ESPN insider information that someone had posted and claimed was on Twitter. I wouldn't have posted it had I known it was premium content. I edited it after double checking much like you.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-07-2010 at 05:12 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:15 PM   #1192
molson
General Manager

Not seeing anything like that on Feldman's Insider Blog. Not seeing anything about "done deals" to the Big 10 either.

Perhaps these are message board posters who are "literally never wrong"?
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:17 PM   #1193
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
Not seeing anything like that on Feldman's Insider Blog. Not seeing anything about "done deals" to the Big 10 either.

+1. He had a blog entry a little after noon today. Last entry that mentions Baylor is from May 25 and talks about an offensive lineman from Canada.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:18 PM   #1194
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
+1. He had a blog entry a little after noon today. Last entry that mentions Baylor is from May 25 and talks about an offensive lineman from Canada.

Thanks for verifying.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #1195
sooner333
College Starter

All I could find re: Baylor Press conference

http://twitter.com/slmandel
Old 06-07-2010, 05:27 PM   #1196
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Just for some background, here's the info from huskerpedia.com:
Quote:
Here we go folks:

1. Late last week (though back channels) we were informally invited to apply to the Big Ten with the understanding that formal approval was a near certainty.

2. The Regents conferred on Friday and approved the process and we applied.

3. The Big Ten has already cast their votes on our application.

4. Certain People within the AD have been notified and everyone is pumped.

5. Expect some sort of an announcement later today or tomorrow (at the latest).

Similar information over at the Mizzou boards at the STL newspaper. Also, Frank the Tank (self described 'hack') has tracked a flight that may have been part of the agreement process.

FlightAware > SFH234

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 06-07-2010 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:29 PM   #1197
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
All I could find re: Baylor Press conference

http://twitter.com/slmandel

Thanks. The poster over at the STL paper who posted it may have got their writers crossed.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:35 PM   #1198
sooner333
College Starter

MBBF: That Huskerpedia thing was just a post that was unsubstantiated and had nobody really vouch for him in the three-page thread. I'm selling that info.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #1199
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Just for some background, here's the info from huskerpedia.com:

Similar information over at the Mizzou boards at the STL newspaper. Also, Frank the Tank (self described 'hack') has tracked a flight that may have been part of the agreement process.

FlightAware > SFH234

I remember the Ga Tech message board's tracking flights all over the place when there were rumors Gailey would get the Miami Dolphins head coaching job. Always entertaining, if nothing else.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 06:23 PM   #1200
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
I remember the Ga Tech message board's tracking flights all over the place when there were rumors Gailey would get the Miami Dolphins head coaching job. Always entertaining, if nothing else.

Yeah, it's actually a neat little tool regardless of what it's being used for.