Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

View Poll Results: How is Obama doing? (poll started 6/6)
Great - above my expectations 18 6.87%
Good - met most of my expectations 66 25.19%
Average - so so, disappointed a little 64 24.43%
Bad - sold us out 101 38.55%
Trout - don't know yet 13 4.96%
Voters: 262. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #1151
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Well...we could fill a whole 'nother thread for that debate.

I guess my biased opinion (in regards to Obama trying to reassure the islamic world) is, if you (islam) want to play on the world stage, you're going to have to make concessions, period. The problem is, islam is known very well, for its agressive and over zelousness of protecting its dogmatic beliefs regardless of where and when its applied and who it affects, and in the last 45 years or so, with deadly results.

I just don't see a difference in them and Christian fundamentalists. The only reason we don't see Christian fundamentalists burning people at the stake is because we have a stronger government and civilization that has evolved. If our government was as weak as these Islamic countries, we'd be seeing a lot of crazy shit going on.

I agree that Islam is dangerous, but I believe the same can be said about all religions. It was a Christian who chose to bomb the crap out of Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of people. A Christian who felt it was what God wanted. Sure it's more sophisticated than blowing yourself up on a bus, but is it really that much different?

Last edited by RainMaker : 04-06-2009 at 06:14 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 06:34 PM   #1152
Flasch186
Coordinator

shock and awe on TV vs. click {silence}

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 07:16 PM   #1153
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I just don't see a difference in them and Christian fundamentalists. The only reason we don't see Christian fundamentalists burning people at the stake is because we have a stronger government and civilization that has evolved. If our government was as weak as these Islamic countries, we'd be seeing a lot of crazy shit going on.

I agree that Islam is dangerous, but I believe the same can be said about all religions. It was a Christian who chose to bomb the crap out of Iraq and killed hundreds of thousands of people. A Christian who felt it was what God wanted. Sure it's more sophisticated than blowing yourself up on a bus, but is it really that much different?

Don't get me wrong, a christian fundamentalist can be just as dangerous as a jihadist. Like I said before, islam has been stuck in the dark ages, but, I think christianity has adapted (to a certain degree) better to the changing world. Of course it's all relative, try telling that to Galileo or the 'witches' burned at the stake in Salem or the doctors who were killed by anti-abortion fundies.

I think after 9/11, America had to do something. However, it was so poorly executed, it was beyond embarassing and I think part of the problem was Bush's faith and half assed intel instead of basing America's response on facts and quality intel. War is ugly enough as it is without religion thrown into the mix and Bush did throw the religious hat into the ring, which maybe is where these muslims are thinking there is a war going on against islam. I'm speculating though on that.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #1154
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post

Are we sure that article wasn't written by Jim Varney?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:56 PM   #1155
Galaxy
Coordinator

Yikes!

Bill Allows Obama Power to Shut Down Internet - Tom's Hardware

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...intsrc=kc_feat

Last edited by Galaxy : 04-06-2009 at 11:56 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 03:58 PM   #1156
rowech
Pro Starter

My hope is he doesn't bow to other world leaders...

http://foxforum.files.wordpress.com/..._saudi_bow.jpg
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 04:13 PM   #1157
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

At least he's not hand-holding and kissing the Saudi king.
Old 04-10-2009, 04:24 PM   #1158
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
At least he's not hand-holding and kissing the Saudi king.

Either of those are proper for one leader of a country to another. There is no putting ones self below the other. This is shameful.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:00 PM   #1159
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Quote:

The bowing is a minor issue, probably inappropriate, but it's not a huge deal.

The larger issue is the initial spin that the White House tried to put on it, saying that Obama didn't bow, he just "leaned down" to shake hands. The absurdity of that denial lies in the fact that Obama is only a few inches taller than the king; it's not like he was shaking hands with "Tatu" from Fantasy Island.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:11 PM   #1160
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Either of those are proper for one leader of a country to another. There is no putting ones self below the other. This is shameful.

Really? Is this an Arab custom or is generally accepted?
Old 04-10-2009, 07:40 PM   #1161
SFL Cat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Vic View Post
The bowing is a minor issue, probably inappropriate, but it's not a huge deal.

The larger issue is the initial spin that the White House tried to put on it, saying that Obama didn't bow, he just "leaned down" to shake hands. The absurdity of that denial lies in the fact that Obama is only a few inches taller than the king; it's not like he was shaking hands with "Tatu" from Fantasy Island.

The obvious lie about this has made it a much bigger issue with people than it would have been otherwise.

Also, one has to wonder if Biden lives in his own little fantasy world at times. Some of the whoppers this guy has tossed out.
SFL Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 08:19 PM   #1162
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Really? Is this an Arab custom or is generally accepted?

No clue...our president bows to nobody....period...end of discussion.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:34 PM   #1163
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No clue...our president bows to nobody....period...end of discussion.

Oh that there were a rolly-eyes big enough.

Why don't the two of them just whip it out and start measuring on the spot

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-10-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 08:48 PM   #1164
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I haven't really followed the news on bow-gate, but I have to think Obama and his administration have to be pretty happy right now. I mean out of all that is going on in the world, the two biggest complaints right now are bowing and having a meeting at the White House playground.

I know the Republicans have backed themselves into a corner on some issues and can't legitimately attack him on it, but they still need to come up with something that people give a shit.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:04 PM   #1165
miked
College Starter

This is what the republicans have done for the past 10 years. No talk on issues, no talk on solutions, just throw out angry things about the gays and wacky liberals...you will see it monthly I'm sure, especially after that craptacular budget proposal they threw out in 3 days.

I wish somebody would do something somewhere, I'm not really certain either party can make real progress right about now.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:27 PM   #1166
Schmidty
Coordinator

It's so amusing to me how one's political affiliation makes ANYTHING their "team" does acceptable and no big deal, while saying that everything the "bad guys" do is wrong. It's so fucking dumb, and I'm amazed that so many otherwise intelligent people are brainwashed into falling in line like that. It's despicable.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:47 PM   #1167
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
It's so amusing to me how one's political affiliation makes ANYTHING their "team" does acceptable and no big deal, while saying that everything the "bad guys" do is wrong. It's so fucking dumb, and I'm amazed that so many otherwise intelligent people are brainwashed into falling in line like that. It's despicable.

Whatever, I'm pretty liberal and I'd rather not see Obama bow to the Saudi king. I will add that I know next to nothing about Arab culture or the proper protocol in such a situation though.

There are far bigger issues right now of course...
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #1168
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I seem to remember quite a hubbub when Bush was holding hands with the Saudi King and kissing him on the cheeks (which is very common in the culture, which is why I roll my eyes when people talking about an Arab leader hugging a Hamas or something leader - its like a handshake here). At least my liberal friends were. They were using it as some sort of evidence that oil men will always embrace the Saudis or something.

So when they express shock that people are going on about the bow, well.. it amuses me.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 PM   #1169
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
Whatever, I'm pretty liberal and I'd rather not see Obama bow to the Saudi king. I will add that I know next to nothing about Arab culture or the proper protocol in such a situation though.

There are far bigger issues right now of course...

Maybe I was a little over-the-top, but I still think the vast majority of people in this country have black and white visions of the world, and that mentality is prevalent on this board. It goes for sides, regardless of intellect.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:18 PM   #1170
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I seem to remember quite a hubbub when Bush was holding hands with the Saudi King and kissing him on the cheeks (which is very common in the culture, which is why I roll my eyes when people talking about an Arab leader hugging a Hamas or something leader - its like a handshake here). At least my liberal friends were. They were using it as some sort of evidence that oil men will always embrace the Saudis or something.

So when they express shock that people are going on about the bow, well.. it amuses me.

I simply dont care....about bush shaking hands and kissing a saudi king, or obama bowing. not one bit, Now Rumsfeld and Saddam was pretty crappy, but again...

I believe we SHOULD meet with our enemies so I {shrug} at it all.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-10-2009, 10:35 PM   #1171
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Maybe I was a little over-the-top, but I still think the vast majority of people in this country have black and white visions of the world, and that mentality is prevalent on this board. It goes for sides, regardless of intellect.

Yeah, you make a good point. I suppose my post of "hey look at me I'm a liberal and I disagree with bowing" proves it in a way.

Another possible aspect is that sometimes on message boards people are loathe to say things that piss them off about "their side" because they've been sniping at the other side for so many years that it becomes more about winning e-arguments than discussing politics.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:36 PM   #1172
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post

I agree that the holding hands/making out that Bush did was brought up by liberals/Democrats. That's what makes these diehard political affiliations so silly. They have to be hypocrits at all times.

The one difference now though is that Democrats never really made it their talking point of the week. It was mentioned and people said stuff in passing about it, but it was never the topic du jour across the land from what I remember.

I guess my point is that parties play right into the hands of their opponents when they go overboard on stupid shit. I'm not a fan of Obama bowing to the Saudi King, but ultimately I don't really give a shit about the issue. Most Americans don't either. Each party only has a certain amount of time to spread their messages and get in the ear of the average voter. Why fucking waste that time bitching about some stupid bow that no one is going to base their vote on in 2010 or 2012? I'd love to see a fiscally conservative opposition party in this country, but the Republican party is so fucking stupid today that it's going to leave one party with a lot of power for a long time.

Last edited by RainMaker : 04-10-2009 at 11:38 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:29 AM   #1173
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I simply dont care....about bush shaking hands and kissing a saudi king, or obama bowing. not one bit, Now Rumsfeld and Saddam was pretty crappy, but again...

I believe we SHOULD meet with our enemies so I {shrug} at it all.

Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

In what setting/context did Rumsfeld shake Saddam's hand? When was that?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 02:55 AM   #1174
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Early 80's when we supported Iraq.

Old 04-11-2009, 05:23 AM   #1175
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

It would be nice if humanity as a whole could escape the need to be in power or be revered or act a specific way to appease a specific set of people. We should all be working toward making everything better, not bickering over things that cannot be changed or criticizing every minute detail of a leaders actions abroad. I could understand if Obama or any president did something drastic that could be widely viewed as disgraceful or stupid, but a bow?

That will not put our country or any other country in any more danger than we are. With the popularity of Obama abroad, this seems like a good chance to really make some progress with countries like Russia, Iran, China, and the like.. I'm all for that.

I would be satisfied if any president we have in office could manage to mend the fences between us and our enemies and find common ground and peaceful resolutions that benefit both sides, regardless of how that is achieved. War and greed and the whole quest for dominance thing is something we as humans should be able to move past in the face of greater concerns in this day and age. I wish we could stop acting like animals.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:12 AM   #1176
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:

isnt the first time a friend has become and enemy, which is why I was initially against the Dubai ports deal, and it certainly wont be the last.

Im ALL FOR meeting with the enemy...friends today we can meet with without me needing to have an opinion on it.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-11-2009, 07:44 AM   #1177
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Early 80's when we supported Iraq.

Diplomacy in action.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:01 AM   #1178
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Two things...

1) Why read the "Obama Presidency- hopes and predictions" thread and expect anything but what you described? (Would you read the 2009 Yankees thread and expect anything but a bunch of homers talking about how great they will be followed by a bunch of Red Sox fans making fun?)

2) When people craft their own opinions it is one thing when Fox News/Limbaugh craft them for people it is sad. Last week was the bow. Watch this week will be all about Somalia and how Clinton caused these piracy problems by leaving Somalia after the BlackHawk incident.

It was the same way when Bush was in power. It was very easy to see what was going to be the next Democrat rallying cry. The Democrats controlled Congress for 2 years and did nothing. The Republicans for 4 before that with their own president. Why does anyone expect any progress out of either side in a two party system?

Last edited by panerd : 04-11-2009 at 11:02 AM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:02 AM   #1179
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
That will not put our country or any other country in any more danger than we are. With the popularity of Obama abroad, this seems like a good chance to really make some progress with countries like Russia, Iran, China, and the like.. I'm all for that.

I would be satisfied if any president we have in office could manage to mend the fences between us and our enemies and find common ground and peaceful resolutions that benefit both sides, regardless of how that is achieved. War and greed and the whole quest for dominance thing is something we as humans should be able to move past in the face of greater concerns in this day and age. I wish we could stop acting like animals.

Or just as between one another in general, not even countries but ordinary people.

SI

Old 04-11-2009, 11:13 AM   #1180
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Why does anyone expect any progress out of either side in a two party system?

Because our two-party system has produced more progress than any other system of government ever has?
Old 04-11-2009, 11:19 AM   #1181
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Because our two-party system has produced more progress than any other system of government ever has?

That's the only variable that makes us different from other countries? Sure.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 11:31 AM   #1182
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
That's the only variable that makes us different from other countries? Sure.

I'm working within the framework of the argument you presented.
Old 04-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #1183
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Or just as between one another in general, not even countries but ordinary people.

SI

Agreed. It may not happen in my lifetime, but I have faith that younger generations will be raised differently with the technological advances that have been made. People are now much more able to be aware of the entire world around them and hopefully there will be a day when cultures simply exchange ideas and enjoy the differences that make them unique.. Maybe see them as something to embrace, share and learn from, rather than something to protect, defend and force onto others.

The belief that "what we do is right, what they do is wrong" in any culture seems so outdated now.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 12:02 PM   #1184
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Agreed. It may not happen in my lifetime, but I have faith that younger generations will be raised differently with the technological advances that have been made. People are now much more able to be aware of the entire world around them and hopefully there will be a day when cultures simply exchange ideas and enjoy the differences that make them unique.. Maybe see them as something to embrace, share and learn from, rather than something to protect, defend and force onto others.

The belief that "what we do is right, what they do is wrong" in any culture seems so outdated now.

Do you honestly believe that's going to happen? That's the kind of stuff that just cracks me up. How long have the Muslims been fighting those of European descent? Do you think that's going to actually stop because we sit down with them at some point? Are we to meet with them, accept their demands, and then watch as they push that line a little further?

Note that I don't have a problem with the actual religion, nor other religions but there will forever be groups with extreme ideas that will need to be dealt with with opposition and with force if needed.

Last edited by rowech : 04-11-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 12:03 PM   #1185
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I agree that I'd love to see it. At some point, we will, as a species grow up or die out. Tragically, for some people, I think that's the only realization that will keep them from trying to ruin things for "the rest of us".

I disagree that one of the next generation or two will do it, for a couple of reasons. All the current technology does is allow us to escape reality and disconnect people from the fact that they are living, breathing human beings. Everyone is suddenly an avatar or a screen name and while you can get their thoughts on a plethora of topics, rarely are they more than skin deep.

Unfortunately, I really think it will take a great tragedy or catastrophe to bring people together- something on the level of a mass catastrophe- world war, global plague, etc- to remind people again that we all need each other. For those who on a daily basis are generally good people- they will continue to live their lives and if the world were made up of just those people, it would be a better and simpler place. Many who are afraid or unsure will be once again reminded that doing what is right is what they should do. And, the key, is it has to be a big enough event that those who do things solely or at least a majority for selfish reasons realize that they have to at least moderate their appetites so that it doesn't bring about the whole world as that is against their self interest. Those people can probably never change- they just have to die out, likely to be replaced by more. But at least the damage they do to society as a whole needs to be contained by aligning their selfish interest with those that are less destructive to society as a whole.

Eventually, in this country, we will get past the Darwinian explanations and misinterpretations of Adam Smith's invisible hand. No, acting solely in your own self interest is not the American way nor is it good or can you justify it in any way. Having the freedom to do what you want doesn't mean you can do what you want regardless of consequences. Nor does it mean you "live with the consequences" when we rarely face the true consequences for our actions.* Evil may be in our natures but it can be controlled, just not if we keep telling everyone that evil *is* our nature.

*Driving when drunk and making it home without being caught or hitting someone else doesn't mean you faced the consequences- it means you got lucky. Stealing millions from people because it's "legal" through a loophole you spent money on a lobbyist to open up when you know it's morally wrong but don't care doesn't mean you are facing consequences. Hell, we are all culpable in a lot of our fellow man's suffering just by not even acknowledging there is a problem or that it's someone else's problem or that it's their own fault when many times it is not.

But that day is a long way off, I fear. And I'm not sure we'll ever make it before killing ourselves off.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 04-11-2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:48 PM   #1186
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

No comments yet on the release of the torture memos?

Whether you are for the United States torturing people or against it, it seems like the issue would inspire some discussion on a board where a few percentage point change in marginal tax rates gets 10,000 posts full of sound and fury before the thread even gets started.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:28 PM   #1187
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

It's still disgusting.

It's still immoral.

It's still illegal.

edit: There's really very little point in arguing it here. Most already knew i was illegal and the rest either wish we hadn't been so pansyassed or refuse to acknowledge torture no matter how much proof is provided. Hopefully those responsible can come to some understanding with God.

Last edited by JPhillips : 04-16-2009 at 09:46 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 PM   #1188
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

We had some pretty sadistic dudes running the show is all I can say.
Old 04-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #1189
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
There's really very little point in arguing it here.

+1
Old 04-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #1190
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
+1

+2

Because, basically, we already had the argument, at length, spread over several threads and several years.

Besides, I already won these arguments.

Last edited by flere-imsaho : 04-17-2009 at 08:52 AM.
flere-imsaho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:20 PM   #1191
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Given the dueling evaluation of the memos.

"See, These clearly delineate that there was no torture."

and

"These make it abundantly clear that ...Bush... engaged in torture."

I can see it now.

President Obama extends an olive branch and pardons President Bush.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #1192
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
+2

Because, basically, we already had the argument, at length, spread over several threads and several years.

Besides, I already won these arguments.

That's arguable.
Old 04-17-2009, 10:22 PM   #1193
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
Given the dueling evaluation of the memos.

"See, These clearly delineate that there was no torture."

and

"These make it abundantly clear that ...Bush... engaged in torture."

I can see it now.

President Obama extends an olive branch and pardons President Bush.

Not a chance. He won't initiate an investigation through DOJ, but no way he issues a pardon. All of the work he's been doing internationally would be pissed away in that one moment. edit: And what possible benefit would Obama see? There's no one that won't vote for Obama now that would if he pardon's Bush.

I won't even begin to argue whether a rational person could say these memos proof there was no torture.

Last edited by JPhillips : 04-17-2009 at 10:23 PM.
JPhillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #1194
Edward64
Head Coach

His 100 days is coming up. Should be interesting to read the summary/analysis and opinion polls.

Obama's First 100 Days - Wall Street Journal
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 07:30 AM   #1195
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Did Obama nominate Al Gore for Energy Secretary and I just missed it somehow?

Energy Secretary Offers Dire Global Warming Prediction - First 100 Days of Presidency - Politics FOXNews.com
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 08:17 AM   #1196
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Hmm, who to give the benefit of the doubt to... PhD holding nobel laureate or MBBF and his track record... hmm....
Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #1197
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Hmm, who to give the benefit of the doubt to... PhD holding nobel laureate or MBBF and his track record... hmm....

Good lord. Keep your green blinders on.

It's fine to explore both sides of the issue, but there's plenty of information to show that Gore-esque conclusions regarding global warming are questionable at best.

As I stated before, I'm not opposed in any form to responsible clean-up of the environment at all levels. I just believe that using questionable scare tactics should not be the primary motivation for doing so.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 04-20-2009 at 08:25 AM.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:23 AM   #1198
Flasch186
Coordinator

Ill take an XBOX360 for the win, bob.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 04-20-2009, 08:29 AM   #1199
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Good lord. Keep your green blinders on.

It's fine to explore both sides of the issue, but there's plenty of information to show that Gore-esque conclusions regarding global warming are questionable at best.

As I stated before, I'm not opposed in any form to responsible clean-up of the environment at all levels. I just believe that using questionable scare tactics should not be the primary motivation for doing so.

No green blinders here, just wondering who to back in this debate, the guy who's been wrong about just about everything, or anyone else.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:33 AM   #1200
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
No green blinders here, just wondering who to back in this debate, the guy who's been wrong about just about everything, or anyone else.

Agreed. Backing Gore's viewpoint at this point is questionable at best.