Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-21-2006, 05:23 PM   #1151
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
When did we find out path was good? I dont think we did, so unless im mistaken dont slam him for a vote that has as good a chance of being right as yours is

Because we better be DAMN sure we know what we're doing if we lynch the Pharoah. The rules don't say anything about what happens if the Pharoah dies, but my guess is that chances are, it won't be good.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:23 PM   #1152
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
When did we find out path was good? I dont think we did, so unless im mistaken dont slam him for a vote that has as good a chance of being right as yours is

If path is bad we have almost no way of winning the game because we can't kill him at night and we'd have to have three good ruling council members ALL agree with us. Furthermore, he'd have the power to kill three good guys, one at day, two at night, without any real chance of retribution. Don't you damn tell me path has just as much a chance of being a bad guy as the rest of us.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:24 PM   #1153
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
How is a vote wasted, with the votes so spread out? I mean, with the leader at a whopping 2, you're already thinking it's time to join a bandwagon? One vote for Tyrith puts him in the lead.

Granted, bullet, who now has 3 votes on him, had the best chance to die anyway, since path's tie-breaking vote was on him.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #1154
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith
If path is bad we have almost no way of winning the game because we can't kill him at night and we'd have to have three good ruling council members ALL agree with us. Furthermore, he'd have the power to kill three good guys, one at day, two at night, without any real chance of retribution. Don't you damn tell me path has just as much a chance of being a bad guy as the rest of us.
He does, and those exact reasons should make you more afraid of him then any other. Dont trust him becuase their are roadblocks. Wonder why those roadblocks are in place. He is a public role, not a egyptian role. Just saying, he is in no way clear
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:29 PM   #1155
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
He does, and those exact reasons should make you more afraid of him then any other. Dont trust him becuase their are roadblocks. Wonder why those roadblocks are in place. He is a public role, not a egyptian role. Just saying, he is in no way clear

Those aren't "roadblocks", they're pretty much impossibilities. We'd have to have three good members of the Ruling Council and get them all to play along. And we'd have no bodyguard for most of the game. Although I'm fairly certain this is why hoops didn't say he was on our side, but come on blade. He also specifically stated the reason for his vote as revenge, and the vote doesn't do anything without any popular support behind it.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:30 PM   #1156
Tyrith
College Starter

Out until after lynch.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #1157
saldana
Pro Starter

again, i am in that lovely position where i fucked up yesterday and am on the block for it today. perhaps i can engender a bit of trust from one of my votes since king doesnt want to move....at this point i will be saving my casting in case i need it for self preservation later.

unvote barkeep
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #1158
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Bek's vote strikes me as a combination of inexperience and stupidity, not anything malicious or an indicator that he may be a necro. Just take your vote off him Bek, he won't be lynched today no matter what anyway.

I had actually forgotten that soothsayer is neutral role until Blade's bolded post, so thanks for that it was of some use after all.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #1159
Barkeep49
Coordinator

WHy is he invincible at night? My fear is not that path is evil but that whoever would become pharoah after path was killed would be evil.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #1160
Vince
Pro Starter

But if we suspect path is bad, then all we have to do is find out which member of the ruling class isn't supporting his ouster, and we lynch them. I think that on the off chance that we decide path is bad, a necromancer on the Ruling Council would be happy to kill path off -- give himself a chance to become Pharaoh, and also solidify some trust.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #1161
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Those aren't "roadblocks", they're pretty much impossibilities. We'd have to have three good members of the Ruling Council and get them all to play along. And we'd have no bodyguard for most of the game. Although I'm fairly certain this is why hoops didn't say he was on our side, but come on blade. He also specifically stated the reason for his vote as revenge, and the vote doesn't do anything without any popular support behind it.
Why would we lose the bodyguard? And no, it could be bad guys too. They do not all know each other yet. Hell, they might not know a soul yet. The bad guys are just as afraid of path.

I dont see where we lose a lot by killing him...he cant issue orders to the EG(oh no, he gets to do it himself *gasp*). A new one is appointed. His helmet goes somewhere. I dont get why you think its soo impossible hes bad, or that he can be killed.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:33 PM   #1162
Vince
Pro Starter

We'd lose the bodyguard because Path has the ability to order the bodyguard around. So he could just order the bodyguard to protect someone that he's not going after, therefore eliminating his benefit.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:34 PM   #1163
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
We'd lose the bodyguard because Path has the ability to order the bodyguard around. So he could just order the bodyguard to protect someone that he's not going after, therefore eliminating his benefit.
Well presumably our BG would do a reveal at that point to let us know what was happening.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:35 PM   #1164
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
The bodyguard can only be lost in death or if the pharoh orders him every night to do a bad thing. Killing path would eliminate that second option, thus making the bodyguard more free. Granted, someone else will come along. I just dont understand why path is soo trusted, when i see no reason other then people are afraid of him
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 05:36 PM   #1165
Tyrith
College Starter

Vince said it. And the EG order is not bound by the every other night rule, so if he was afraid of the fanatic he could pretty much barricade himself in his room.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:37 PM   #1166
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Well presumably our BG would do a reveal at that point to let us know what was happening.

The only way I can see this being the case is if the guard guessed right in the first place; i.e. he chooses to defend XXX, gets re-routed to YYY, XXX dies during the night. If the guard chooses to defend AAA, the pharaoh orders him to defend BBB, and CCC dies during the night, I don't think that's concrete evidence that the pharaoh is bad.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:38 PM   #1167
Tyrith
College Starter

I trust path because making him bad makes this game almost impossible for us to win, and because I don't believe hoops is stacking roles on us. Pharaoh + some other bad guy power, likely head, is giving one person a TON of power over the game.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #1168
Tyrith
College Starter

I have to start wondering if blade is trying to screw with us now, with all the other stuff said about him playing differently considered. I'm leaving my vote where it is, but I'm going to be thinking about this.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:39 PM   #1169
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Vince said it. And the EG order is not bound by the every other night rule, so if he was afraid of the fanatic he could pretty much barricade himself in his room.
The EG isnt tied to path. If path goes, the EG stays...i dont see a link other then path can order him around, but in doing so will likely get himself killed eventually.

I just dont think he is what you all seem to think he is
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #1170
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
The bodyguard can only be lost in death or if the pharoh orders him every night to do a bad thing. Killing path would eliminate that second option, thus making the bodyguard more free. Granted, someone else will come along. I just dont understand why path is soo trusted, when i see no reason other then people are afraid of him

I don't trust path. I'm not suspicious of him, but I don't trust him.

You're missing Tyrith's point a little -- IF path is bad, we're already shooting blanks with our guard. There isn't much we can do about it, either. The process of killing path will (probably) take a few days, at the least, and the bad guys will know what we're doing fairly early on, and will plan accordingly. If we try to lynch path, we have to either have three reveals, or just hope that the ruling class is with us, therefore risking a no-lynch day. Which is a pretty bad situation. Combine the fact that there might be a necromancer on the ruling class, and we're looking at some serious roadblocks to getting rid of the pharaoh.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #1171
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I trust path because making him bad makes this game almost impossible for us to win, and because I don't believe hoops is stacking roles on us. Pharaoh + some other bad guy power, likely head, is giving one person a TON of power over the game.
Look at some of our roles..they balance..add the phropecy to the game and no amount of power dis-balances things. I think, you sir, are assuming they know each other and are all plotting powerful acts. I think they are a disjointed mess with maybe 2 finding each other so far.

It makes it far from impossible though, dont think it does for a second
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 05:43 PM   #1172
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I don't trust path. I'm not suspicious of him, but I don't trust him.

You're missing Tyrith's point a little -- IF path is bad, we're already shooting blanks with our guard. There isn't much we can do about it, either. The process of killing path will (probably) take a few days, at the least, and the bad guys will know what we're doing fairly early on, and will plan accordingly. If we try to lynch path, we have to either have three reveals, or just hope that the ruling class is with us, therefore risking a no-lynch day. Which is a pretty bad situation. Combine the fact that there might be a necromancer on the ruling class, and we're looking at some serious roadblocks to getting rid of the pharaoh.
Why are we shooting blanks. Im under the impression so far path hasnt issued a single order. Its not he has to, its a choice. So far, ive assumed the EG has decided everything on his own. Where did path say he has ordered the EG around?
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 05:44 PM   #1173
saldana
Pro Starter

just to clarify and reinforce what blade is saying, not necessarily agreeing, just pointing out, that there is nothing in the rules that prevents Path from dying at night.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:44 PM   #1174
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Look at some of our roles..they balance..add the phropecy to the game and no amount of power dis-balances things. I think, you sir, are assuming they know each other and are all plotting powerful acts. I think they are a disjointed mess with maybe 2 finding each other so far.

It makes it far from impossible though, dont think it does for a second

Blade, you're digging yourself deeper and deeper, in my opinion. Look at the prophecy...what do we know about the prophecy? We don't even know that the prophecy is an aid to the good guys. Then, there's your statement at the end...

What makes what far from impossible? The combination of factors you presented in the first paragraph make the statement "Path must be good" far from impossible? "Don't think it does for a second." What does that mean?
Old 06-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #1175
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Why are we shooting blanks. Im under the impression so far path hasnt issued a single order. Its not he has to, its a choice. So far, ive assumed the EG has decided everything on his own. Where did path say he has ordered the EG around?

The only people who would know are Path and the Guard. Do you think the Guard is going to come out and say "Hey, guys, I was ordered somewhere else last night. Gee, I hope they don't try to kill me now." And, in our dream scenario, if path is bad, he's not about to come out and talk about how he is redirecting the guard.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #1176
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of Post #1174:

Dubb - Alan T (966)
Barkeep - Pass (1053)
Tanglewood - Blade (1066)
Saldana - King (1070), Coffee (1112)
Blade - Dubb (1098)
Chubby - Lathum (1101)
Bek - Chubby (1106), Anxiety (1116)
Bulletsponge - Path (1133), Tyrith (1141), SnDvls (1147)
Path - bullet (1140)

Not Voted - Barkeep, Schmidty, Saldana, Qwikshot, Bek, Vince, Tangle
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:47 PM   #1177
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, I'm going to take a step back, because I know Blade is just positing ideas, and that I actually agree that Path might be bad. But damn if it seems like he's trying to be ornery on purpose
Old 06-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #1178
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

I simply cannot fathom that path would start out as evil, ESPECIALLY if there's a ruling class member who is also evil. It would basically make it damn near impossible to overthrow him.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #1179
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

is path the pharaoh?

well that just put the neuce around my neck didnt it. ill change my vote later
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:48 PM   #1180
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Blade, you're digging yourself deeper and deeper, in my opinion. Look at the prophecy...what do we know about the prophecy? We don't even know that the prophecy is an aid to the good guys. Then, there's your statement at the end...

What makes what far from impossible? The combination of factors you presented in the first paragraph make the statement "Path must be good" far from impossible? "Don't think it does for a second." What does that mean?
We dont know it, but it SOUNDS more powerful then anything. Which side it chooses is key, but it no pharoh should be able to stop it id imagine.

My last statement merely says dont think its impossible path is bad. Remember the spawn game. The mutiny is soo similar to the ruling class, as it took the other captains to kill ardent. We actually used it and did it. Ardent turned up good, but the one time ive seen a role like the pharoh, ardents captain role, had similar roadblocks and we overcame them.
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #1181
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Unvote Dubb
Vote Bullesponge

I said all along that I don't think that you can just come out and say the ruling class is good. I think if any of them are, we have to assume its likely to be path but I agree that is not gurantuee...

But there is no reason that I can think of right now to try to lynch the pharoah when he has not done anything that seemingly hurt us or against us so far to cause suspicion.

Being Suspicious just for the sake of suspicion is so 2005.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:50 PM   #1182
saldana
Pro Starter

so, if there were a necromancer on the ruling council, it would make sense for him to try and whack Path, giving himself a 1 in 3 chance of assuming the throne...then if another necro tried to whack HIM, they would be relying on their 75% chance of recognizing one another.

just in case i die tonight at the lynch, when it becomes clear that you made a mistake (and it will become clear)...i want to put out there that i totally believe in Dubb's reveal, it was obvious to me when it happened what was going on, and Sun wasnt in enough real danger to make it a necessity to save him at the point it happened, so those two are clear.

as far as barkeep goes, i said this morning that i thought he was pretty high up in my list of trust but i had thought of something that dropped him down....i have now realized something else and can give you my list of trusted people.

1 Dubb
2 sndvls
3 barkeep
4 CW

the top 2 are slightly above the lower 2, but they are my top tier, fwiw.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #1183
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I believe someone suggested earlier that path is neither Egyptian or Necro. That he is instead "above the fray" and has his own victory condition. I believe this to be true. However, if he dies it's also likely there is a replacement who might, or might not, be good/evil.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:51 PM   #1184
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I thought I was going to have time to read this stuff, but I'm doing work at home that I would normally be doing at work. My wife is at work, and I'm alone with my 4 year old daughter, so I'm not having a lot of internet time right now.

I have no idea to vote for, and I don't want to make an uninformed vote that will decide things, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:58 PM   #1185
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I have to start wondering if blade is trying to screw with us now, with all the other stuff said about him playing differently considered. I'm leaving my vote where it is, but I'm going to be thinking about this.
Ive said so far i was going to be gone...i said i would be around for 3 gours today to play, i act like myself and make accusations and piss people off...and im suspected. Tyrith buddy, what do you want me to do?
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 06:01 PM   #1186
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
But if we suspect path is bad, then all we have to do is find out which member of the ruling class isn't supporting his ouster, and we lynch them. I think that on the off chance that we decide path is bad, a necromancer on the Ruling Council would be happy to kill path off -- give himself a chance to become Pharaoh, and also solidify some trust.

Even if the member of the ruling class who wasn't supporting his ouster was right? Besides, that's a slow method, based on little. Also, we don't know if the ruling council even gets a chance to become Pharoah.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:02 PM   #1187
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
... Remember the spawn game ...

Believe me, I remember the spawn game. Schmidty's lucky I don't vote for him every single day of every werewolf game from now on because of that debacle
Old 06-21-2006, 06:03 PM   #1188
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Even if the member of the ruling class who wasn't supporting his ouster was right? Besides, that's a slow method, based on little. Also, we don't know if the ruling council even gets a chance to become Pharoah.

That's sort of the point Tyrith was making that I was defending. If we want to lynch Path, it's going to take some doing. So while I'm not saying that he has to be a good guy, there are far better places to spend our efforts right now than on the Pharaoh.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #1189
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Okay, guys, heading out to celebrate, since I got a job offer today! Woot! Not sure if I'll be back before the lynch -- get a necromancer for me, preferrably the one who tried to kill me!
Old 06-21-2006, 06:06 PM   #1190
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
That's sort of the point Tyrith was making that I was defending. If we want to lynch Path, it's going to take some doing. So while I'm not saying that he has to be a good guy, there are far better places to spend our efforts right now than on the Pharaoh.
I agree with that point, but tyrith was saying path is good, and its impossible for him to be bad. That i dont agree with.
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #1191
Vince
Pro Starter

Yeah, I know. The point I was defending was that it would take a lot of doing to unseat path as Pharaoh, and that it would be an incredibly difficult thing for the good guys to overcome.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:07 PM   #1192
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Okay, guys, heading out to celebrate, since I got a job offer today! Woot! Not sure if I'll be back before the lynch -- get a necromancer for me, preferrably the one who tried to kill me!

Congratulations!
Old 06-21-2006, 06:08 PM   #1193
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I know. The point I was defending was that it would take a lot of doing to unseat path as Pharaoh, and that it would be an incredibly difficult thing for the good guys to overcome.
We overcame it in Spawn, and by we i mean not you .

I was right about you, just a few days early
Demotivation
Old 06-21-2006, 06:14 PM   #1194
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think Vince remembers perfectly well who was the pain in his ass in the Spawn game
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:15 PM   #1195
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I think Vince remembers perfectly well who was the pain in his ass in the Spawn game

Old 06-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #1196
Vince
Pro Starter

You really wouldn't let go of that "Vince could have been converted" logic. You were the only one for like two days...then it all came a-crumblin' down.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:18 PM   #1197
Vince
Pro Starter

Man, I'm not real happy with the way things are looking right now. The arguments for bulletsponge are pretty flimsy (though the vote for path is sort of indefensible), but there really isn't anyone else who is standing out either. I have to go soon, too.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:19 PM   #1198
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Woudl this be a bad time to announce that if all goes according to plan the next WW game will be Spawn 2?
Old 06-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #1199
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok after rereading the 3rd page i see where hoops clearly states that path is the pharoh, and most likely a good guy. he goes down on my suspicious list and that leave me 4 other peeps whom i suspect.

Unvote path
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 06:20 PM   #1200
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Man, I'm not real happy with the way things are looking right now. The arguments for bulletsponge are pretty flimsy (though the vote for path is sort of indefensible), but there really isn't anyone else who is standing out either. I have to go soon, too.
I happen to agree with the bullets arguments being flimsy. Am thinking that putting some pressure on Bek might be a good idea.