Just in case it wasn't clear

No Lynch Please
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #1153
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
And another one! You keep making posts that don't count. Very suspicious.

Sigh. From college benchwarmer back to high school varsity for good.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:10 PM   #1154
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Man in like 30 seconds we get three of those babies. Sweet.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #1155
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

elect ntndecon
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #1156
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Sigh. From college benchwarmer back to high school varsity for good.
I had figured out a little while ago how many of my posts came in non-WW threads and was amazed, so when the great shift happened I wasn't surprised at how many posts I still had.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:11 PM   #1157
Barkeep49
Coordinator

elect ntn

I think we're just about there. I'm glad to see we formed a consensus.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #1158
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barring a quick reversal, NTN is going to be our new Sheriff. Posts as of #1157:

NTN 15 -- Cronin (1030), Anxiety (1053), Racer (1055), NTN (1060), Hoops (1064), Chubby (1102), GE (1104), Spleen (1108), Lathum (1113), SnDvls (1118), Glen (1121), Bullet (1124), LSG (1132), Fouts (1135), Barkeep (1157)

Swaggs 1 -- Gram (1090)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #1159
Fouts
College Starter

So if NTN becomes sheriff, can he tell us what he knows?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:19 PM   #1160
path12
Coordinator

For the record

NO LYNCH
Old 10-11-2006, 05:35 PM   #1161
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
In terms of trust levels, I think there is considerably too much trust being placed on a few people. Has anyone made a strong connection between roles and being a villager? Just to use an example, does being the "retired sheriff" mean that you are not a Cowboy?

I don't have a good compass on how to weigh any reveals at this point because we don't have anyone dead besides Thomkal. We don't have a vote yet that we can look at and evaluate. Cronin, you think we are ahead of the game because we are collecting information. I say that we have no real means to evaluate the information we possess.

I most certainly do not want to see us elect Lathum as the Sheriff - he was out on Night 1 with a gun when he was arrested. What was going to happen at Anxiety's home if he had not used his Actor trait? Anxiety, do you know if NTN had a gun? You guys talked about an "item" that he possessed that I suspect was not a gun. If someone (Cronin, Anxiety, or other) can verify that NTN didn't have a gun then he would probably be my choice for the Sheriff.

I think it was Cronin who also suggested that having a gun doesn't mean jack in terms of guilt or innocence. Well, I'm guessing there are villagers out there who do not have a gun. Does anyone really believe that each and every one of the Cowboys is not packing heat? That point matters to me, although I'm willing to listen to honest discussion about the relative value of this piece of info.

I'm not trying to cause some kind of a panic here - I just really do not like the train of thought that seems to be emerging with people that I do NOT consider trusted and the idea that we can continue on our merry way without lynching and feel good about the information we collect. We have one dead, one converted, and are gradually bleeding role information that the Cowboys will use to drive their night kills.

Rant over.

How do you know if a a villager has been converted or not?
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:39 PM   #1162
saldana
Pro Starter

sorry i was away all day...when i tried to log on during my lunch break the board was down and i was only able to sneak the 30 seconds this morning when i posted about my night actions

1. swaggs is in jail because he asked to be, and several other people thought it was a good idea to put him there to protect him, so thats what i did...exactly what y'all asked, exactly like i said i would

2. i let lathum out, just like y'all asked, just like i said i would

3. i couldnt jail 2 people, because it wasnt until after i was done with my actions that GoldenEagle let himself out ( i misstated that earlier in the day...he was still there when i put swaggs in, so NTN couldnt have had nothing to do with it)

4. i got no problem turnin in the star for NTN...to many people believe in him at this point for the push to be comin from the cowboys...i dont have a bead on him yet, but too many people are for it for all of them to be baddies

5. as far as me not makin sense doing what i did last night...i would like for anyone to have given me a different alternative considering the order of events, and as far as me goin to jail, knock yourselves out...i am the banker...there is nothing special about me once you take the badge back..

6. chief rum tried to distract me/prevent me from locking swaggs up last night...he should be the first person to hit the slammer for the new sheriff

7. when i said i would lock GE back up again tonight, i had not seen swaggs post about him flashing tin to the guard to get himself released. with that knowledge, i would have taken advice from the rest of the town....

8. i am rather surprised that no one else seems bothered by the fact that GE bragged about his powers and how he was such a good guy, but refused to use them to do anything but be self serving

9. my other jail order last night, if GE had done what logically would have made the most sense, was for st cronin...i dont trust him at all and think he should go with CR to the slammer tonight...he has been sowing distrust for no reason the whole game...he is accusing everyone with no evidence and just seems to me to want to cause as many problems as possible
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:42 PM   #1163
saldana
Pro Starter

elect ntndeacon

vote no lynch

jail chief rum
jail st cronin

and OOG, its probably better that you guys are replacing me...if it werent already a more or less done deal by the time i got caught up, i was going to ask you to elect someone else before the deadline tonight...a project that wasnt supposed to start at work until mid next week got pushed up to tomorrow, and is going to pretty much take me out of the loop for the next two days...the town will be better off with someone who is in the game a bit more.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:44 PM   #1164
saldana
Pro Starter

i will be on and off for the rest of the night if anyone has any more questions for me
Old 10-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #1165
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

to hell with this, im goina do somethin stupid!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #1166
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

dola

nevermind above post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:49 PM   #1167
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I don't have a problem with Saldana's list of people in the queue for lock up, I'd add him, and maybe racer to the list as well.

Saldana, can you elaborate on CR's attempts to interfere with your arrest last night?
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #1168
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Doh, I gotta run. Anniversary tonight. I won't be back until after the deadline most likely.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #1169
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
to hell with this, im goina do somethin stupid!
Here's a drink for ya buddy.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:50 PM   #1170
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I'm likely out until just after lynch. Might be on for a quick minute in about an hour and a half.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:54 PM   #1171
Racer
College Benchwarmer

In response to others' posts, I am still suspicious of Spleen. Not necessarily because he says he has "no role", but because of the original reasons I gave when I first accused him. He could be an over eager villager, but he could also be a Cowboy in my opinion. While I'm sure just about everyone is less suspicious of him then I am, I don't understand why St. Cronin suddenly has some trust in him.

Right now I'm trying to note things about everyone in Tombstone that strike me as reason to trust or not trust them. For example, path12 has done nothing to make me trust or not trust him at this point while St. Cronin's language in his posts and support of Spleen make me slightly suspicious of him. I also slightly question hoopsguy's alliance due to him saying that the Cowboys converted one last night when that may or may not be the case.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:11 PM   #1172
spleen1015
Coordinator

We're assuming there was a conversion last night. There was a killing. So, there was a blocked killing or there was a conversion. It is more likely that a conversion happened, so that's how it is being played.

At this point, I think we should be a little suspicious of the folks who haven't had very much to say today. I do believe that one or more of the folks that have been vocal today and showing support for ntn are bad guys as well.

While we do have a lot of information, I am concerned that we're going into night 3 and we haven't lynched anyone. I say this because voting patterns have proven to be valuable resources in determining wolves.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:20 PM   #1173
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
I am all for jailing Saldana but why me? I have told y'all everything I know, and it ain't much. Racer doesn't talk much, neither does Path. Why not them? Or Fouts? I revealed my role on day one, I am a mere singer . I heard shots that same night, but I was tired and went back to sleep. Other than that I cannot contribute much. I assure you I am a villager

Elect NTNDeacon

I probably haven't been helpful enough. It's my first game so I'm not quite sure how I should contribute. Anyways, I can vouch for the "I heard shots that same night, but I was tired and went back to sleep" story. I had the same thing happen to me. Whoever was the first person to say this story is almost definitely a villager.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:21 PM   #1174
path12
Coordinator

Out until after lynch.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:22 PM   #1175
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
We're assuming there was a conversion last night. There was a killing. So, there was a blocked killing or there was a conversion. It is more likely that a conversion happened, so that's how it is being played.

At this point, I think we should be a little suspicious of the folks who haven't had very much to say today. I do believe that one or more of the folks that have been vocal today and showing support for ntn are bad guys as well.

While we do have a lot of information, I am concerned that we're going into night 3 and we haven't lynched anyone. I say this because voting patterns have proven to be valuable resources in determining wolves.

Very helpful. So you are saying we should be suspicious of the folks who are quiet, and suspicous of one or more of the vocal people. Thanks for clearing that up!
Old 10-11-2006, 06:25 PM   #1176
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Very helpful. So you are saying we should be suspicious of the folks who are quiet, and suspicous of one or more of the vocal people. Thanks for clearing that up!

Exactly! You're one of the people I think we should worry about. So, I'm not surprised by your effort to cloud what I am saying.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:30 PM   #1177
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Ok I will be happy to take on the Sherriff role.

In terms of who I was thinking of asking to be jailed (before Iwas given this responsibility) was Spleen and LonestarGirl.
Spleen for his rantings the other day, and Lonestat for her attempt to e Sherriff. They may not be good reasons, but that was what Iwoulda suggested.
In regards to our current resident to the pokey. I suggest letting him cool his heels there.

I am more than willing to listen for consensus about who to Jail.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:38 PM   #1178
spleen1015
Coordinator

I want to point out something about my rantings. The folks who are in the supposed CoT, Barkeep, Lathum, Anxiety, and ntn really haven't attacked any of the things I have said. One the other hand, Racer, path12, and Fouts have all done that.

With me knowing that I am a villager, I can't help but think that they are worried about what I am saying when the CoT folks are not. That tells me that they could be cowboys.

As I have eluded to and pretty much came right out and said, I am the Mortician. I know the circumstances of Thomkal's death. If I am in jail, there is no one to clean up dead bodies. They stay there until I get released or killed. If I am killed somone else becomes the Mortician and gets the fun of cleaning up dead people and learning about them.

If the dead body doesn't get cleaned up, then no more information is gathered about those people.

See? I'm not that important. I have no role and I am the Mortician. If I die, nothing is lost because someone else becomes the Mortician. At this point in the game, other than knowing some details about Thomkal's death, I have nothing else of value.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:41 PM   #1179
hoopsguy
General Manager

Saldana, any kind of info you can supply on CR "interfering" with the arrest would be helpful. Also, I'm a little concerned about you coming out as the banker as that role would seem like a fairly big target for the Cowboys in terms of their ability to convert.

Racer, I'm not quite ready to answer how I know there is a conversion. I've been playing my cards very closely so far this game but I am glad that someone recognized what I typed in that post.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:46 PM   #1180
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Saldana, any kind of info you can supply on CR "interfering" with the arrest would be helpful. Also, I'm a little concerned about you coming out as the banker as that role would seem like a fairly big target for the Cowboys in terms of their ability to convert.

Racer, I'm not quite ready to answer how I know there is a conversion. I've been playing my cards very closely so far this game but I am glad that someone recognized what I typed in that post.

you play your cards closely? do you have a gambling vice?
Old 10-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #1181
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i want to hear what CR has to say about his interferance last night. my trigger finger is gettin itchy
Old 10-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #1182
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Well I am gone til after lynch time.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:48 PM   #1183
hoopsguy
General Manager

Bullet, no gambling vice - I don't believe that is one of the options. Booze, Women, Power, and Money.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #1184
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I like saldana's choices of CR & St.C for jail
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #1185
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Exactly! You're one of the people I think we should worry about. So, I'm not surprised by your effort to cloud what I am saying.

I guess it could be construed that I was clouding what you were saying. So to be more clear... spleen says to suspect everyone! There you go.

I think it was obvious you were hinting at being the mortician. So, what benefit is there to not inform us of the circumstances of Thomkal's death?
Old 10-11-2006, 06:50 PM   #1186
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think NTN is going to have a better view of St. C than we will, given that he visited him last night.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #1187
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I want to point out something about my rantings. The folks who are in the supposed CoT, Barkeep, Lathum, Anxiety, and ntn really haven't attacked any of the things I have said. One the other hand, Racer, path12, and Fouts have all done that.

Please provide some real evidence when throwing names out. There have been other people mentioned that have been out roaming about. I have been truthful in everything I have said.

Why do people keep throwing Barkeeps name in a supposed CoT? What has he done to support that?
Old 10-11-2006, 06:53 PM   #1188
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

NTN, you want to jail me because I really wanted to be sherrif? I wanted to be sherrif because nobody else did, and because I have a boring ass role. In all my games i've had a boring roll and i sat to the side and basically did nothing cuz i didn't know really how the game was played. Now i am in my third game and I got another boring role and I wanted to be powerful, so i asked to be sherrif. But i dont even have a vice for power, so that was my mistake, and I dont want to be sheriff anymore. I just like to sing.

***singing***

vote ntndeacon

jail chiefrum
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:54 PM   #1189
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

That is not the answer I was expecting you to give. So how do you know? I think this is important. Cowboys would know they converted. I don't see how we can leave you out and about if you can't shed some light on this.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 06:54 PM   #1190
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

And i too was wondering what Barkeep has done to be in COT, is because he is Barkeep and he has played in a lot of WW games? IT seems us newbies keep getting picked on.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:00 PM   #1191
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Please provide some real evidence when throwing names out. There have been other people mentioned that have been out roaming about. I have been truthful in everything I have said.

Why do people keep throwing Barkeeps name in a supposed CoT? What has he done to support that?

My evidence is the fact that you guys are attacking me when the guys who are proven to be good guys are not.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:01 PM   #1192
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I guess it could be construed that I was clouding what you were saying. So to be more clear... spleen says to suspect everyone! There you go.

I think it was obvious you were hinting at being the mortician. So, what benefit is there to not inform us of the circumstances of Thomkal's death?

There isn't a benefit to keeping it to myself.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:02 PM   #1193
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
There isn't a benefit to keeping it to myself.

Not at this point anyway.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:05 PM   #1194
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
My evidence is the fact that you guys are attacking me when the guys who are proven to be good guys are not.

As I said before, I thought you were an overeager townsperson. If you remember back, you attacked me first while giving Chubby a free pass for the same thing.

So if there is no benefit to keeping the circumstances of Thomkal's death to yourself... what happened? Did I miss the information post?
Old 10-11-2006, 07:07 PM   #1195
hoopsguy
General Manager

Gram, if you feel that you have to jail me to get me to reveal the information that is your choice - well, technically it will be ntndeacon's choice tonight. I don't think it is in our best interest for me to spill the mechanics right now, but I do like putting a little fear in the Cowboys with this info.

If I knew who was converted right now I would post asking someone to kill them outright in the streets rather than going through the lynch process. So, in that respect, I'm not holding out info that helps us.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:08 PM   #1196
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
As I said before, I thought you were an overeager townsperson. If you remember back, you attacked me first while giving Chubby a free pass for the same thing.

So if there is no benefit to keeping the circumstances of Thomkal's death to yourself... what happened? Did I miss the information post?

You haven't missed anything. I just wanted you to ask for it.

Thomkal was shot twice, once in the head and once in the body. He was very, very dead. I found a deck of cards and a set of poker chips on his body. That's all I know.

The reason I was wondering about the number of bullets for the guns is becaue if they only get 6 shots each, then there is a gun down 2, which could prove useful later.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #1197
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think saldana needs to give us more info if he can about chiefrums attempt.

Also, I don't think we should go crazy with the conversion angle. it is a pretty widely made assumption that if there is no night kill it is either because it was blocked or there was a conversion. Since there is nobody coming out with any information about a block we can only assume it was a conversion.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:15 PM   #1198
spleen1015
Coordinator

Now, everyone else in the town knows what I know. I haven't with hold any information. If I am lynched, that will only help the Cowboys.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #1199
saldana
Pro Starter

i want to give CR a chance to explain himself before i lay out what happened last night...and as far as revealing my role hoops, there is nothing special about my being the banker that would make me any more of a target than i may or may not have already been

and for those of you that think i should be in jail....seeing as how he has just about done everything but announce it in the town square, if i were a cowboy, why the hell would i have tried to keep the discussion about spleen quiet yesterday? i would have outted him the second i read between the lines, which obviously some people still havent.
Old 10-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #1200
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
You haven't missed anything. I just wanted you to ask for it.

Thomkal was shot twice, once in the head and once in the body. He was very, very dead. I found a deck of cards and a set of poker chips on his body. That's all I know.

The reason I was wondering about the number of bullets for the guns is becaue if they only get 6 shots each, then there is a gun down 2, which could prove useful later.

Not much new info in there, but thanks for telling us. Thomkal was roleplaying a card dealer, and we know he was shot. The obvious suspects are anyone with a gun, which I would gather are half of the town.