Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #1151
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Is anyone bothered by the snowball tangents we seem to be taking? First A.C. (who I admit I was willing to go after), then Telle, and now Neon_Chaos again (who I, again, admit that I went after on day one). Is it possible that these tangents are being manipulated to keep us from focusing on Titans? I guess I'm just surprised at the three different groups of seemingly landslide runs we've had today. Of course, I guess the reveals could be a partial excuse, but still.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #1152
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
he made it very clear he hasn't acted on his ability yet because he wants it to be max power so what exactly would lead you to think it isn't up to HIM when to use it?

Wrong, what he SAID was that he chose to go the long way about doing it so that it would be at the max power when it was done, VERY different statement than what you wanted to hear.

His statement tels me that he had several options on HOW to make his weapon based on his PM originally and that in choosing one option he set it in motion already. Hence its not up to HIM as to when it ends, more or less.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:57 PM   #1153
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Come on guys, you really think that I'm that transparent a player?

My gut feeling says that Telle is good, and I can vouch for her statements, if not for her true loyalties. You can lynch her all you want, I think it's a bad move.

If Telle turns out bad, I will vote for myself tomorrow, how's that?
Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #1154
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

And you can all pile on me, as well.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:58 PM   #1155
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

My gut feeling says that Telle is good, and I can vouch for her statements, if not for her true loyalties. You can lynch her all you want, I think it's a bad move.

Deal.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #1156
RendeR
Coordinator

Back in a few, gotta close up classrooms.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #1157
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Between my own bad vibes about Telle, and the combination of the suddenly suspicious Neon's behavior in support of her, I think I have to vote for her right now.

VOTE TELLE

Subject to change for self preservation, of course, should it come to it.

I hope someone has a vote count soon, because I don't have a clue where we stand right now. Does anyone else?
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #1158
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
We need to get our act together, guys... send these Titans to sleep with the fishies.

This was earlier today, his 2nd post after Telle's reveal

Quote:
Lathum, I have a vague idea as to who it is you are alluding to... if we're talking about the same person... just based on his postings on the board.

Only potential positive spin I can put on this is that he and Lathum were visited by Apollo.

Quote:
I don't like the votes on Telle, but I'm not too keen on defending her either.

I can 95% say that she's telling the truth, but I guess you guys can't be convinced either. Of course, if she gets lynched and turns out bad, I'm going to look really stupid for vouching for her.

For now.

Vote Hoopsguy

Only one point.

How would he be 95% positive on Telle? She named two people, a hero and Apollo. So I guess the door is open for him to claim the hero, but his following posts seem to suggest he has knowledge of Apollo.

Quote:
I cannot, without revealing my role, and my ability. There have been too many reveals right now.

Remember, I am not 100% completely sure about it, but I can vouch for Telle's claims.

Again, he is backing Telle. Who was scanned by Apollo and knows that a hero is in the game. If you were that hero, would that be enough for you to vouch for her?

Quote:
I have a feeling that Athena isn't the seer, Apollo is. The oracles are all connected to Apollo. We need to keep Apollo alive one more day, guys.

This is not subtle. Again, I can think of other ways to interpret the post but if Neon is playing as a villager this is a really ham-handed play. And I don't think of Neon that way; he is capable of being subtle.

Quote:
My gut says that you're wrong.

Again, backing Telle.

Then there was the post I don't have quoted (missed it, I guess) where he tells Apollo to scan me.

So this read very much to me like he was saying he was Apollo, but Lathum is saying that he isn't Apollo.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #1159
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Sometimes I think NC just gets really bored waiting for people to post and dreams up these intricate plots in his head that , from his internal perspetive, make perfect sense, and then crumble to incoherant crap once he posts them =)

So true.

In fact, I have several scenarios:

If we lynch Telle and she turns out bad, people are going to pile on me tomorrow.

If we lynch Telle and she turns out good, people are still going to pile on me for "knowing" she's good.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #1160
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Which statements? Her action results? So your ability has allowed you to both know Achilles is in the game, and that Apollo has scanned Telle? What kind of role could you have to tell you all that?

Here's what I think: many have surmised the Titans know what roles are in the game. Let's say that's true. The Titans then would know Achilles is in the game (or maybe, he isn't, which means he can't counterclaim--basically this reveal means nothing for a Titan and can be tossed out without fear), and the Titans would also know if Apollo was NOT in the game.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:03 PM   #1161
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Wrong, what he SAID was that he chose to go the long way about doing it so that it would be at the max power when it was done, VERY different statement than what you wanted to hear.

His statement tels me that he had several options on HOW to make his weapon based on his PM originally and that in choosing one option he set it in motion already. Hence its not up to HIM as to when it ends, more or less.

that was your interpretation of his ability, that doesn't make it right.

I am getting tired of you my way is the only right way attitude that is all over this game.

I am sure you have good intentions and realize it's a game but just because you think something is the best course of action it dosn't mean it's the only course of action.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #1162
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
This was earlier today, his 2nd post after Telle's reveal

Only potential positive spin I can put on this is that he and Lathum were visited by Apollo.

How would he be 95% positive on Telle? She named two people, a hero and Apollo. So I guess the door is open for him to claim the hero, but his following posts seem to suggest he has knowledge of Apollo.

Again, he is backing Telle. Who was scanned by Apollo and knows that a hero is in the game. If you were that hero, would that be enough for you to vouch for her?

This is not subtle. Again, I can think of other ways to interpret the post but if Neon is playing as a villager this is a really ham-handed play. And I don't think of Neon that way; he is capable of being subtle.

Again, backing Telle.

Then there was the post I don't have quoted (missed it, I guess) where he tells Apollo to scan me.

So this read very much to me like he was saying he was Apollo, but Lathum is saying that he isn't Apollo.

hoops, how does your scenario look if Telle and NC are both Titans who know whi is in the game?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:05 PM   #1163
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes as of post #1161:
Hoops - Cronin (946), Neon (1063)
AC - Racer (1076), Raiders (1092)
Chief - Anxiety (1028), Ardent (1066), AC (1098)
Telle - RendeR (1127), Lathum (1141), Chief (1157)
Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #1164
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, have you been visited by Apollo (name the role, not the player) this game?

Given the discussion around that role, is this damaging to answer?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:06 PM   #1165
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

it was not NeonChaos who visited me
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #1166
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Lathum, have you been visited by Apollo (name the role, not the player) this game?

Given the discussion around that role, is this damaging to answer?

I was only told the name of the player, not the players role. Allthought I have a hunch who it was.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:08 PM   #1167
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Votes as of post #1161:

This does not look good for me. Both Neon and Telle can put me to bed. This would be a bad move, but not sure what I can do to change it. I don't have some huge role for the side of good, so losing me does us no harm. But, of course, I would like to keep playing and take down a Titan today. And that won't happen either way if I am lynched.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #1168
hoopsguy
General Manager

Apollo scanned Telle Night 2 if she is telling the truth.
Neon seemed to back Telle hard after her reveal, which named Apollo and Achilles.
Lathum seemed upset with Neon for mentioning Apollo as the seer.
Lathum has mentioned that he was visited on Night 1 and has a one-person COT.

If Neon isn't Apollo, then none of this adds up.
If Neon is Apollo, then why the hell would he play it like this?
I'm very confused and want to understand this so I can vote appropriately.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:10 PM   #1169
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
This does not look good for me. Both Neon and Telle can put me to bed. This would be a bad move, but not sure what I can do to change it. I don't have some huge role for the side of good, so losing me does us no harm. But, of course, I would like to keep playing and take down a Titan today. And that won't happen either way if I am lynched.

I'm not moving my vote on you Chief. It stays on hoops, and only one point.

You have to talk to the other people whose votes are on you to convince them to move.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:12 PM   #1170
hoopsguy
General Manager

Neon, what is the basis for voting for me? Give me your scenario where I'm a Titan. I think I'll be amused by it.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #1171
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Apollo scanned Telle Night 2 if she is telling the truth.
Neon seemed to back Telle hard after her reveal, which named Apollo and Achilles.
Lathum seemed upset with Neon for mentioning Apollo as the seer.
Lathum has mentioned that he was visited on Night 1 and has a one-person COT.

If Neon isn't Apollo, then none of this adds up.
If Neon is Apollo, then why the hell would he play it like this?
I'm very confused and want to understand this so I can vote appropriately.

I never backed her hard hoops. It just looks ridiculously that way when you posted all my posts together.

If I did, I would have put my vote on someone nearer her vote count instead of on you.

I am willing to let Telle be lynched, actually, to see if my gut feeling is right. If it's wrong, then I'm next tomorrow, I suppose.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:13 PM   #1172
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not moving my vote on you Chief. It stays on hoops, and only one point.

You have to talk to the other people whose votes are on you to convince them to move.

Are you as certain of hoops' evilness as you are of Telle's goodness, then? Is it this same ability you reference that tells you this? I am trying to understand what role you can have that can tell you all of these things.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #1173
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Neon, what is the basis for voting for me? Give me your scenario where I'm a Titan. I think I'll be amused by it.

Actually, it's this wierd paranoid assumption I have that the votes on me on day 1 were supposed to defeat the path12 votes, and that you or st.cronin maxed out their points on me.

So my vote was either on you or st.cro, actually.

Paranoid delusions, I'm sure.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:16 PM   #1174
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, I'm fairly close to the lead in votes here. I hope that I do not take over the vote lead.

I'm OK being lynched, even if it would break my streak (that I do try to protect), as long as I'm not the vote leader because that should help a lot in identifying who are the Titans. Clearly that would indicate that people went with multi-point votes to gun me down.

I would expect other Olympians to feel the same way, more or less, as long as they don't have one of the two key roles. And I'm also hoping this post deters the Titans a little bit from casting multi-point votes because they don't want the heat that comes with an "electoral college" rather than a "popular" lynch.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #1175
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

And I am not certain about hoops' evilness or goodness at all. Which is why I hope to god Apollo scans hoops or me tonight, so we can build a solid CoT.

I actually put my vote on hoops because he isn't in any danger of being lynched tonight.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:19 PM   #1176
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Actually, it's this wierd paranoid assumption I have that the votes on me on day 1 were supposed to defeat the path12 votes, and that you or st.cronin maxed out their points on me.

So my vote was either on you or st.cro, actually.

Paranoid delusions, I'm sure.

Both Cronin and I had a chance to put votes on BK instead of you or Path on Day 1 at the end. If we were trying to keep Titans alive we would have put the votes on BK.

I can't speak for him in absolute terms, but the fact that he moved the vote away from Zeus and to you near the end helps his cause in my eyes.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #1177
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
that was your interpretation of his ability, that doesn't make it right.

I am getting tired of you my way is the only right way attitude that is all over this game.

I am sure you have good intentions and realize it's a game but just because you think something is the best course of action it dosn't mean it's the only course of action.

You're right Lathum, the way I interpret his statement itself is different than yours, but the statement itself you quoted/paraphrsed completely wrong to begin with, hence my statement.

Besides, i'm sure my way IS the right way, if only people would get the message.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #1178
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
And I am not certain about hoops' evilness or goodness at all. Which is why I hope to god Apollo scans hoops or me tonight, so we can build a solid CoT.

I actually put my vote on hoops because he isn't in any danger of being lynched tonight.

Hmm, I'm one behind in a game with variable vote points. Not in danger? OK
Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #1179
RendeR
Coordinator

Forgot to ad smileies...

Old 10-25-2007, 08:20 PM   #1180
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

And just to make sure that hoops doesn't get voted off.

Unvote hoops
Old 10-25-2007, 08:22 PM   #1181
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
You're right Lathum, the way I interpret his statement itself is different than yours, but the statement itself you quoted/paraphrsed completely wrong to begin with, hence my statement.

Besides, i'm sure my way IS the right way, if only people would get the message.

I'm voting with you for the record
Old 10-25-2007, 08:23 PM   #1182
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm not hearing anything to suggest that Neon is Apollo, so I'll go after someone who I've suspected of being a provocator all game long for my vote.

Yes, it is outside of the Barkeep votes from Day 1, which was my plan for the day. Three of those people have revealed, Chief has not. So I'll still be willing to put a vote there for now if push comes to shove but I'm going to revisit my vote on Day 1 and a guy I think is clearly non-Olympian.

VOTE NEON CHAOS
Old 10-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #1183
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm voting with you for the record

Yeah I know, and I appreciate the semi-vote of confidence there. yer alright for an uppity bullheaded dude
Old 10-25-2007, 08:26 PM   #1184
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'm not hearing anything to suggest that Neon is Apollo, so I'll go after someone who I've suspected of being a provocator all game long for my vote.

Yes, it is outside of the Barkeep votes from Day 1, which was my plan for the day. Three of those people have revealed, Chief has not. So I'll still be willing to put a vote there for now if push comes to shove but I'm going to revisit my vote on Day 1 and a guy I think is clearly non-Olympian.

VOTE NEON CHAOS

Are you saying you want me to reveal? Will I suffer for not choosing to do so? These reveals have been regarded with suspicion, and if true, only gives the Titans more of a chance to unveil Hades and Poseidon. I am trying to avoid that, if possible. But I also think there is value to keeping me alive.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #1185
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Deadline

A shocking thing occurs, unexpectedly the sun ends up setting 40 minutes before you thought it should... As per the rules of Olympia, the night signals the end of that day's discussions.. You prepare for Uranus, wondering if this was his doing.

The official day ended at 9:20pm EST. Any votes or actions that occured after that do not count.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:27 PM   #1186
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Hoops' vote perplex's me?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:28 PM   #1187
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

For the record, Neon's unvote at 9:20 does not count as it occured after the deadline. Anything before that will count. Vote totals coming shortly.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #1188
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Ummm... I unvoted AT the deadline, right?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #1189
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

CRAP!!! I assume this means that I'll be punished AP wise tomorrow. Oh Hell...
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:30 PM   #1190
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

WTF!!????
Old 10-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #1191
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Motherfucker. That's a cool ability. Making the day end earlier. Kick ass.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #1192
hoopsguy
General Manager

Lathum, I guess my vote didn't matter. It appears someone has a very potent power.

The good news is that any vote analysis should be easier in terms of come-from-behind candidates winning due to only having some of the votes in play.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #1193
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
For the record, Neon's unvote at 9:20 does not count as it occured after the deadline. Anything before that will count. Vote totals coming shortly.

Oh wow, someone dropped a bomb here. Must be Apollo. He is the God of the Sun, if I recall right.

I guess we'll see what happens now. No sense in me revealing. I guess hoops' vote doesn't count either.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #1194
Telle
College Starter

I'm about a page behind.. but figured I'd try and jump in anyways.

The smart move for me would be to jump on CR, but I'm just not feeling it. I've had bad vibes from ArlingtonColt though.

UNVOTE SCHMIDTY
VOTE ARLINGTONCOLT

Also, in the interest of self-preservation I don't want to vote on somebody without any votes.. but what do people think of PurdueBrad? I haven't seen anybody say much of anything about him, good or bad.. he's just been kind of off the radar. And then there's him volunteering that he upped his vote on Day 1.. but it's unverifiable and didn't affect the vote anyways.. so this could possibly be a ploy to gain some level of trust (as in, "if he was a wolf he wouldn't tell us that.. so he must be a villager"). Something to think about later.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:31 PM   #1195
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post

I take it hoops' wayward vote on my also doesn't count?
Old 10-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #1196
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I'm about a page behind.. but figured I'd try and jump in anyways.

The smart move for me would be to jump on CR, but I'm just not feeling it. I've had bad vibes from ArlingtonColt though.

UNVOTE SCHMIDTY
VOTE ARLINGTONCOLT

Also, in the interest of self-preservation I don't want to vote on somebody without any votes.. but what do people think of PurdueBrad? I haven't seen anybody say much of anything about him, good or bad.. he's just been kind of off the radar. And then there's him volunteering that he upped his vote on Day 1.. but it's unverifiable and didn't affect the vote anyways.. so this could possibly be a ploy to gain some level of trust (as in, "if he was a wolf he wouldn't tell us that.. so he must be a villager"). Something to think about later.

The day ended Telle.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #1197
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I guess people who didn't vote early will be penalized for this tomorrow.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #1198
st.cronin
General Manager

I should just find the post I made last night, saying there are multiple players giving me bad vibes. It still applies.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:33 PM   #1199
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, if I do end up dead with Neon's unvote not counting then please string him up tomorrow. Because either he or Cronin would have had to power up the vote. And Neon conveniently unvoted right at the deadline - the kind of thing you can do when you know it is coming.
Old 10-25-2007, 08:34 PM   #1200
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Who want's to tell her?