Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-26-2006, 12:09 AM   #1151
Vince
Pro Starter

Sorry guys, got called in to work a double shift today, and I'm exhausted. 9 hours of waiting tables = not fun. $211 dollars is kind of nice, though.

Anyway, I'm going to go pass out, and I'll catch up in the morning.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:31 AM   #1152
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, I don't know if this is too late or not. I just realized the deadline was 8am, but Barkeep has not posted or closed it yet either. So just in case he will still accept my vote

VOTE ARDENT

For some reason I had thought I voted earlier, but when I looked I had not.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 09:34 AM   #1153
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
This is a very interesting idea. I want to mull it over a little bit. And I agree with what Gram said earlier -- rivers and mountains are whar that gold lies, boys.
I'm guessing a jungle square will yield more than a blank square as well.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 02:09 PM   #1154
Vince
Pro Starter

Kind of forgot that 8 AM would be before I woke up

In any case, I probably would have voted for Ardent, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm curious -- does anyone have a bank account set up yet? Seems like Saldana had set one up, but then got killed almost immediately after. I'm also curious as to how much gold Qwikshot has -- Saldana willed him everything he had. So far we've come a little farther in the organization/monopoly building direction, but we're still not anywhere near 'coordinated.' I think I'm going to continue to dig tomorrow.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-26-2006, 02:16 PM   #1155
Vince
Pro Starter

Path -- how was G2 for digging? I'm considering travelling out there some time soon, and was just curious if it was worth my time.
Old 02-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #1156
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

Vince, I established a savings account the second day.

I found gold on day one and day two, but day three the square I went to was tapped out.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:01 PM   #1157
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Path -- how was G2 for digging? I'm considering travelling out there some time soon, and was just curious if it was worth my time.

How should we handle info like this? If it is very good, we could cause a rush which could make easy pickin' for a pirate, or run out of gold quickly, but if it's bad I'd like to warn my fellow TH's to look elsewhere.

I'd be happy to tell you, but kind of want to throw that issue out there first.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:02 PM   #1158
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus
I'm guessing a jungle square will yield more than a blank square as well.

Building on my last post, I'm curious about any results that people have had in jungles -- I haven't visited one yet.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:05 PM   #1159
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok after a bit of thought I'm going to call the game. Full writeup to be forth coming.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:07 PM   #1160
path12
Coordinator

Huh?
Old 02-26-2006, 04:09 PM   #1161
Poli
FOFC Survivor

By the way, I never officially quit. I was trying to fake you all out of voting for me. Kudos for not biting.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #1162
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Ok after a bit of thought I'm going to call the game. Full writeup to be forth coming.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:10 PM   #1163
hoopsguy
General Manager

Shiver me timbers! Them blasted treasure hunters have thrown all of my maties in Davy Jones' locker!
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:12 PM   #1164
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Arrrh! But we be killing three of 'em, matey! And we ran off we thar gold!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #1165
Poli
FOFC Survivor

These scurvy wogs are lousy hunters, indeed. Cap'n we be needn' our mercenaries to wipe them all out, we do.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:14 PM   #1166
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thens we be feasting in gold. Brother, blade, be cheerful, be gold and women in our future!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #1167
Barkeep49
Coordinator

The police come in. Many people just lay about apathetically while others point at Ardent. Ardent tries to point to that old coot Qwik, but the police don't care. They take Ardent away.

Shady comes wondering into the hut.

"Ok I think people are a little slow here. I mean you've been jailing people and not one discussion of commerce? Everyone take out your gold now."

When no one really moves, Shady gets irritated, "Listen just take out your gold Blokes. You'll like what you see."

As people do so they soon come to the realization that they have more than enough gold to purchese a monopoly. With great enthuasism, path, Alan T, pennywise, KWhit, Qwikshot, Grammaticus, Taz, king, schmidty, and Vince hand over the 100 GP. They join Hoops in the knowledge that they have "won" and start to think about how they will enjoy the wealth that they will soon take from the island, enough wealth to last them a lifetime... as long as they are smart with it.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:15 PM   #1168
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Shiver me timbers! Them blasted treasure hunters have thrown all of my maties in Davy Jones' locker!
I knew there was something fishy about you.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #1169
Poli
FOFC Survivor

They be so surprised they lost their tungs, cap'n!!! Me parrot be talkin' more than these wogs! Garrr!!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:16 PM   #1170
Poli
FOFC Survivor

There be somethin' fishy bout you when you walk the plank, wog!!!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:17 PM   #1171
hoopsguy
General Manager

King, was that before or after Post #694?

Quote:
Hoops you are now 100% in my book
Old 02-26-2006, 04:18 PM   #1172
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Shady be shady, matey! He be killin' you for yer gold tonight!
Old 02-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #1173
Desnudo
Coordinator

Good job guys!
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:19 PM   #1174
Poli
FOFC Survivor

It be after post 1163, cap'n.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:21 PM   #1175
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I've always said that I'm ok with short games and felt that continuing this one would just be needlessly prolonging the inevitable. While it was possible that no suspicion would be arisen after 1 morning with no kill I figured 2 mornings with no kill would give it away and essentially have wasted people's time, so I called it.

As you might have been able to tell Hoops, Blade, and Ardent were the three pirates. With Hoops having taken the letter and won and Blade and Ardent in jail with no real chance of escape, I thought about continuing the game, but it just didn't make sense. Especially as path, who found the knife which would have turned him into a pirate if he'd kept it, chose to turn it in to the police.

While I did not make a mistake with Ardent's actions (I was SUPER careful about that) I do feel bad that he and Blade didn't fully understand fleet of foot. I thought that both knew about and processed their actions accordingly.

Now that everyone understands the rules I hope that I can run this game again in the not too distant future. I still have several surprises up my sleeve (for instance while Taz got both parts of the clue for the Burried Treasure, it wasn't found) and based on how things played out feel that it is a pretty balanced set of rules. I appreciate everyone playing for the time they put in and hope that even though it was shorter than many games, they still enjoyed it.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #1176
hoopsguy
General Manager

Arrr, I felt marooned after Day 1 by the other two sea dogs who put themselves out on the plank for no good reason. Too much rum and those dead men told no tales.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:23 PM   #1177
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- If I ran it again I have a couple things that I would include that I thought of after the game started and would do it on a new map.

The necklace that Path bought would have erased the first 5 votes against him. Obviously as he never had a vote on him this was never discovered.

Hats off to Gram who despite being very quite in the thread ended the game with 37 gold, followed closely by one of the athlete's Alan who got 34.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 02-26-2006 at 04:24 PM.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #1178
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
While I did not make a mistake with Ardent's actions (I was SUPER careful about that) I do feel bad that he and Blade didn't fully understand fleet of foot. I thought that both knew about and processed their actions accordingly.

Bah. Had I known that required a fleet of foot action I wouldn't have done it. I didn't want anyone to know I was a pirate, and I never would have used it. It would have been too easy to catch if I did...and obviously, that happened.

Assuming I was using it when I never mentioned it really screwed me over.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #1179
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Bah. Had I known that required a fleet of foot action I wouldn't have done it. I didn't want anyone to know I was a pirate, and I never would have used it. It would have been too easy to catch if I did...and obviously, that happened.

Assuming I was using it when I never mentioned it really screwed me over.
I know and I feel bad. It'll be changed for next game.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:25 PM   #1180
hoopsguy
General Manager

Barkeep, I thought the rule set played out very well, although it definitely took some time to get to a level of comfort with them. I think I was getting close to that point by the final day.

I thought Taz played a really good game. Based on his posts, he seemed to grasp the rules and their impact more quickly than many of the players in this game.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:26 PM   #1181
Poli
FOFC Survivor

No worries. I screwed over The Others in my game as well.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:27 PM   #1182
Poli
FOFC Survivor

By the way, getting hoops out was my main priority. One pirate win is a pirate win for all...given the circumstances.

I'll post the real letter soon.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #1183
hoopsguy
General Manager

I would love to have stayed and seen how long I could stay undercover, but without any immediate prospects for a 2nd pirate I didn't see how I could really stop a monopoly.

I would have liked to see where the voting would have gone in the event that I was still around and Blade/AE had been jailed. I think it would have been a bit of a free-for-all that day.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #1184
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I've always said that I'm ok with short games and felt that continuing this one would just be needlessly prolonging the inevitable. While it was possible that no suspicion would be arisen after 1 morning with no kill I figured 2 mornings with no kill would give it away and essentially have wasted people's time, so I called it.

As you might have been able to tell Hoops, Blade, and Ardent were the three pirates. With Hoops having taken the letter and won and Blade and Ardent in jail with no real chance of escape, I thought about continuing the game, but it just didn't make sense. Especially as path, who found the knife which would have turned him into a pirate if he'd kept it, chose to turn it in to the police.

Now that everyone understands the rules I hope that I can run this game again in the not too distant future. I still have several surprises up my sleeve (for instance while Taz got both parts of the clue for the Burried Treasure, it wasn't found) and based on how things played out feel that it is a pretty balanced set of rules. I appreciate everyone playing for the time they put in and hope that even though it was shorter than many games, they still enjoyed it.

I really enjoyed this ruleset barkeep, and hope you do run another one like it. So what exactly was going on with hoops? (who had me totally fooled, I thought he was 85% good).
Old 02-26-2006, 04:29 PM   #1185
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Barkeep49
College Starter

Re: Werewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast

The pirates rule. The villagers drool.

You open the envelope to find the following:
Quote:
I have some friends and they help me get some goods in and out of the island that otherwise would not be possible. This letter entitles you to board the ship on turn 5 on any day. They will ferry you away from the island for the small cost of only 10 GP. ~Shady

Use of the ticket is an automatic victory for you.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:32 PM   #1186
hoopsguy
General Manager

King, post #609 did scare the crap out of me at the time:
Quote:
So it looks like Hoops is going to be viewing the evidence? I would suggest that someone watch Hoops and that RA veiws hoops. That should build a nice circle of trust.

I allowed myself to get caught up in thinking that the watches would act like a seer, instead of realizing that this really didn't pose a threat to us. So that is when I started to try and shift to have KWhit do the viewing on Blade instead of Ardent.

I felt like I had been fairly subtle in introducing AE as someone to view Blade (we had not yet decided if he would say pirate or treasure hunter) but after that I was worried that I had outed him. Nope, although he did that with the PM just a few posts later.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #1187
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
King, was that before or after Post #694?
It was after you listed me as a 5 or 6 on your trust list. I knew I was playing heavily like a TH and for you to only list me as a 5 or 6 sent alarms ringing.

Then I posted this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Of course if Hoops is a Pirate we are screwed. Could he have kept the gold and "outed" Blade gaining our trust. Knowing that even if any of us did view Blade later on they would still find that he was a Pirate.
At this point, you were gone so there was no point in pursing this option since AE's day 1 story didn't make sense.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:33 PM   #1188
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I had 6 gold, but no hopes whatsoever of obtaining 10 and jumping on the boat.

Instead, I killed Desnudo based on his name on the list...and then sat at the bank swinging a knife...which hit saldana. I didn't even bother hiding it.

Had you read the posts, I said I went to the square right below the bank. What's on the way? The bank.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:34 PM   #1189
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Nope, although he did that with the PM just a few posts later.
And I didn't realize I had at all. I think I'll be angry about that for the next week.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #1190
kingfc22
Head Coach

And I think I kept the taxi cab's in business.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #1191
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
At this point, you were gone so there was no point in pursing this option since AE's day 1 story didn't make sense.

Oh, it made sense. Barkeep did mess up by assuming I wanted the fleet move. Had he asked, I would have changed my move to the original PM.

I noticed the next day he took the time to clarify a few moves, Desnudo's in particular (the person I killed).
Old 02-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #1192
hoopsguy
General Manager

Path, when we first learned the roles of the pirates we were pretty pumped up for playing this one out. Blade and I have talked a ton in the past about how we would play a game together as "wolves" and Ardent is a guy who has done a solid job on both sides of the game in the past.

But Day 1 was such a disaster for us as we didn't do a good job collectively of understanding the different mechanics of this game. So I tried to isolate myself as much as possible from those two.

When I did the view on Blade I didn't need to spend 4 GP to know what he was. So instead I deposited it in the bank and used my visit to the jail to free him (I was the swashbuckler).

The rest of the game I played as a treasure hunter, just going about my business of finding gold. But I knew we were not going to be able to stop a monopoly, so when Ardent got the letter we decided to have me cash in that chip. We concocted a story together that was intended to move popular opinion away from AE as a pirate. But the problem was that we weren't able to get any movement on an alternative for jailing.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #1193
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Qwik, I wasn't upset with you, either. I was just trying to sway the voters.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:41 PM   #1194
hoopsguy
General Manager

King, fair enough on the rebuttal. Just having some fun, hope you didn't get too annoyed at it.

On the list I published I wasn't sure where I felt like we could put pressure. But I also didn't think it made sense to have a list with everyone as an 8. I had to leave room for people to interpret it after I was gone in a way that might give options besides AE. By coming out so strongly against him I was hoping that people would later think that he was trying to help the TH cause by sending me away as a "known good".

Nothing that we tried this game worked particularly well.

Heck, I couldn't even get compensated for the 4 GP I didn't spend verifying Blade Only got one from Path, which I figured I could give back to him since I was out and it would help validate me as a good guy if he viewed Blade.
Old 02-26-2006, 04:57 PM   #1195
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
King, fair enough on the rebuttal. Just having some fun, hope you didn't get too annoyed at it.
Not at all.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:02 PM   #1196
Schmidty
Coordinator

Woot!

Nice game, Barkeep.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #1197
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Path, when we first learned the roles of the pirates we were pretty pumped up for playing this one out. Blade and I have talked a ton in the past about how we would play a game together as "wolves" and Ardent is a guy who has done a solid job on both sides of the game in the past.

But Day 1 was such a disaster for us as we didn't do a good job collectively of understanding the different mechanics of this game. So I tried to isolate myself as much as possible from those two.

Yeah, I think the complexity of the ruleset combined with Blade being busy enough to not have them straight really helped us -- it was the first time I really felt that I had caught someone out -- and having that be Blade was even better.

Never having had a bad role in one of these though I'm kind of kicking myself for making the knife public......that would have been fun.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #1198
hoopsguy
General Manager

You would have been lonely, Path. All by yourself and no real way to stop monopoly. Not the way I would want to be a bad guy for the first time in a game.
Old 02-26-2006, 05:30 PM   #1199
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
Yeah, I think the complexity of the ruleset combined with Blade being busy enough to not have them straight really helped us -- it was the first time I really felt that I had caught someone out -- and having that be Blade was even better.

Never having had a bad role in one of these though I'm kind of kicking myself for making the knife public......that would have been fun.
Ya, i didnt spend enough time on the rules to properly interpret them. I entirely glossed over the same amount of gold for each dig. Rookie mistake...im impressed you guys caught it. But the second someone noted it my only goal was to clear hoops...i tried to not even mention ardent so there was no link between them or myself, but tried everything in my power to clear hoops without making it look like i was clearing hoops. Up until he "viewed me" i always mentioned him second or third to someone else...that way if you guys ever did think i was trying to clear another pirate you wouldnt get him. Then you all let him view the evidence, and it became straight forward. The ardent slip-up put us deep in the hole, but i took comfort that my death cleared hoops.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 05:35 PM   #1200
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I really enjoyed this game... I had to be careful about what I told people I did because if everyone knew my daily actions, I would have been suspected to be a pirate just like AE.

I found the very top right square had 6 gold per turn, and had planned to go back visiting it some more in the near future.

For the record, I did use my fleet of foot every turn, it just took me one turn to figure out where the good gold was.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote