Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-30-2013, 10:10 AM   #11701
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I just drank a bottle of magnesium citrate.

Tonight should be fun.

I wish I could say that what I have right now was medically induced...
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:14 PM   #11702
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Has anyone figured out the new posts icon on here? Sometimes it actually takes me to the newest post but most of the time it takes me to the same spot in the thread as it did 2 months ago. Is there some sort of setting I am unaware of or is this feature just a pure crapshoot?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #11703
Logan
Head Coach

Haven't had any issues. Try another browser?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:00 PM   #11704
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Haven't had any issues.

+1
Old 07-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #11705
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I'll occasionally get it where I think the browser doesn't quite register that I read some threads if I close it. But that's about it.

For instance, if I read the last 3 posts here and then quickly close the browser (or the browser crashes), there's a chance it puts me back 3 posts ago as "new".

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 01:16 PM   #11706
cuervo72
Head Coach

I've been getting it too. Thought it was work at first, as my connection is kinda screwy there, but I've seen it happen at home on occasion as well. The behavior isn't consistent though.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #11707
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

When will Stephen King write a book called SPRINKLER, about a town where suddenly a giant oscillating sprinkler appears overhead and drenches the citizens for a few seconds out of every minute?
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #11708
finketr
College Prospect

Back from vacation...

Amazing how one can both miss and be glad to have the little one with the grandparents for an extended weekend in a tropical resort with my wife...

Gripes:

ping PM: How the hell can an airplane (767) have a broken cargo door be sitting at the gate all night and not get fixed? 5 hour delay check. Arriving at 3.20 am instead of 10 pm in Lima check.

Fast forward 14 days: Plane (757) sitting at the gate all night to find out the ground interphone (whatever it's called) doesn't work. 3+ hour delay check. Thank you so much, UAL.
finketr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #11709
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by finketr View Post
Back from vacation...

Amazing how one can both miss and be glad to have the little one with the grandparents for an extended weekend in a tropical resort with my wife...

Gripes:

ping PM: How the hell can an airplane (767) have a broken cargo door be sitting at the gate all night and not get fixed? 5 hour delay check. Arriving at 3.20 am instead of 10 pm in Lima check.

Fast forward 14 days: Plane (757) sitting at the gate all night to find out the ground interphone (whatever it's called) doesn't work. 3+ hour delay check. Thank you so much, UAL.

Then again - arriving in Lima at 10pm is a fucking nightmare - you'd be standing in the immigration hallway till like 2am anyways.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08 PM   #11710
Suicane75
Coordinator

I've not dug deep, and if her wiki is correct, than the timelines are off, but I'll be damned if Marlins reporter Allison Williams isn't the spitting image of the Virginia reporter who had a sex tape get out about 10 years ago.

And why the hell do they make dvd commentaries out of order? If I'm watching episode 4, I don't wanna hear them talk about something they say on episode 8.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:29 PM   #11711
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
sAnd why the hell do they make dvd commentaries out of order? If I'm watching episode 4, I don't wanna hear them talk about something they say on episode 8.

I imagine that 99% of the time, people watch the entire series and then go back and watch the Commentaries.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:19 AM   #11712
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I imagine that 99% of the time, people watch the entire series and then go back and watch the Commentaries.

No, I'm saying when the actors/directors/creators etc, do the commentary tracks, they often will do them out of order, ie: lay the track for episode 10, then 6, then 3.

So when you're watching the episode 3 commentary, they're talking about stuff they'll talk about in later commentaries. That's how they did NewsRadio, that's how they did Community. It's aggravating and I can't think of one good reason to do it like that.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #11713
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants View Post
When will Stephen King write a book called SPRINKLER, about a town where suddenly a giant oscillating sprinkler appears overhead and drenches the citizens for a few seconds out of every minute?

I worked for a couple of summers in a job where this basically happened...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #11714
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Then again - arriving in Lima at 10pm is a fucking nightmare - you'd be standing in the immigration hallway till like 2am anyways.

Not when traveling with your two year old in a stroller. The very nice immigration lady directed us to the priority lane in immigration. Also, arriving at 10 pm gets you in before most of the other us-originating flights.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #11715
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Does anybody know off hand this website I am thinking of?

It is good for fresh PC's. It allows you to go through lists of useful applications and check which ones you want. Then it essentially gives you an all in one installer for the ones you wanted.

Edit: ninite.com was what I was looking for

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 07-02-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #11716
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not when traveling with your two year old in a stroller. The very nice immigration lady directed us to the priority lane in immigration. Also, arriving at 10 pm gets you in before most of the other us-originating flights.

Aaah it does? I couldn't remember what time we landed, just that it was a fucking nightmare .

Priority line?? Fuck you!!! jk
Old 07-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #11717
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Aaah it does? I couldn't remember what time we landed, just that it was a fucking nightmare .

Priority line?? Fuck you!!! jk

Ayep. I remember the first time I went through immigration in Lima (disclosure: my now wife is Peruvian.) that it was terribly busy as the line was back and forth and around the corner in the area. The other two times were not as bad but still hectic as landing in the midst of the rush from the US.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:56 PM   #11718
finketr
College Prospect

Quote:
Ayep. I remember the first time I went through immigration in Lima (disclosure: my now wife is Peruvian.) that it was terribly busy as the line was back and forth and around the corner in the area. The other two times were not as bad but still hectic as landing in the midst of the rush from the US.

Admittedly, even better was United allowing us to use the priority lane to check in... Which wouldn't have been an issue in the last two years due to work travel...
Old 07-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #11719
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Didn't know your wife was Peruvian. Cool .

Yeah - if you hit the rush of flights from US it's baaaaaad. You can be standing there waiting in that cramped area underground for hours.

Not to mention the lovely night we spent in the airport in Lima after our flight back was rescheduled to the next morning. That was fun times - hangin out with the army guys all night *sarcasm*.
Old 07-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #11720
Bad-example
College Starter

It really didn't bother me a decade-plus ago when my magnificent red-brown beard started moving to salt and pepper.

Noticed today I'm almost outta pepper. Kind of a bummer.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #11721
spleen1015
Coordinator

The Rock ’n’ Roll Casualty Who Became a War Hero - NYTimes.com

I really enjoy stories like this.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:05 PM   #11722
bob
College Starter

Between Netflix, amazon, and aereo streaming, we are set. Espn would be nice, but I'm pretty happy that for 16 bucks a month + whatever share of prime you want to assign to tv, I'm very happy
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #11723
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

So the "Make sure to cover your food in the microwave" sign has been dirty for the more than a year since I've been here. Apparently that problem merited correction. This was done by making a new, laminated sign. Rather than, you know, wiping off the old, laminated sign... which was moved to an adjacent wall.

The over/under on the time taken to find the elaborate clip art and make the new sign must have been 30 minutes for the average person. I think I'll place it at an hour for someone who likely added it to his/her mental list of "large tasks accomplished today".

SI

Old 07-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #11724
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
So the "Make sure to cover your food in the microwave" sign has been dirty for the more than a year since I've been here. Apparently that problem merited correction. This was done by making a new, laminated sign. Rather than, you know, wiping off the old, laminated sign... which was moved to an adjacent wall.

The over/under on the time taken to find the elaborate clip art and make the new sign must have been 30 minutes for the average person. I think I'll place it at an hour for someone who likely added it to his/her mental list of "large tasks accomplished today".

SI

Forum needs a like button. Love this post.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #11725
spleen1015
Coordinator

All of our microwaves at work have signs on them that say not to put aluminum foil in them because it could cause a fire hazard. This has always bothered me.
Old 07-03-2013, 10:58 AM   #11726
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and I only say the time took a half hour because of how damned elaborate it is. A simple "Please cover you food in the microwave" in 36 point red font works for the rest of us. But why do that when you can find a picture of food and a microwave and some ribbons until it looks more busy than the average Geocities webpage, circa 1998.

SI

Old 07-03-2013, 11:10 AM   #11727
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

The plot thickens: it is now evident why the sign was "replaced". I noticed while putting my lunch in the microwave that someone actually cleaned it out. So, for braving that mess, I'm going to give them a pass on the sign making.

SI

Old 07-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #11728
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
The plot thickens: it is now evident why the sign was "replaced". I noticed while putting my lunch in the microwave that someone actually cleaned it out. So, for braving that mess, I'm going to give them a pass on the sign making.

Except now it's probably a 90-120 minute task.

Then again, day before a holiday, that's pretty productive.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #11729
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I think this was done yesterday as I noticed it when I went to fill my water bottle at a little after 7. And there's no one in our office who would do it before that.

The 90+ minutes, tho: dead on.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 07-03-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:53 PM   #11730
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

To continue the work place theme. We have a Kuerig in my office and people never throw away their used K cup after using it. Makes me batty.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:38 PM   #11731
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I've watched way too much Bar Rescue the past month.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:51 PM   #11732
Suicane75
Coordinator

Trying my damnedest to recall the title, or anything really, about a movie. I saw it on free tv sometime between 87-89, so it was likely released 2-4 years earlier than that time frame. All I remember is that the ad was sexy. I think it was a guy from the wrong side of the tracks and a high school girl, might have been a swimmer or a diver, there was a sex scene in the pool or gym? It was steamy. I think she was blond. Grrr.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:53 PM   #11733
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Blown Away? Might be a little too late for the time frame you are looking for.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #11734
Suicane75
Coordinator

Nah, that was way later.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:08 PM   #11735
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
The Wraith?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:12 PM   #11736
Suicane75
Coordinator

I don't think so. I'm fairly sure it was one of those 80's coming of age movies, but I admit I don't remember much outside of the sex scene, which I don't even remember all that well.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #11737
Suicane75
Coordinator

For some reason I'm thinking the girl looked somewhat like Helen Slater in Legend Of Billie Jean but it's not her.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:24 PM   #11738
Bad-example
College Starter

Reckless (1984) - IMDb
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #11739
Suicane75
Coordinator

Hot damn. Sweet.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #11740
Suicane75
Coordinator

Thank you sir.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #11741
Suicane75
Coordinator

Is Patel the Indian version of Smith or Jones? Seems like every other Indian dude I meet is named Patel.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #11742
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
Is Patel the Indian version of Smith or Jones? Seems like every other Indian dude I meet is named Patel.

Kinda but not exactly.

The name Patel is derived from the term Patlikh, which means owner/tennant of royal land. In more modern language, it basically means landowner.

It's most common in the Gujarat state of India, and a large influx of already moderately (or more) successful immigrants from there in particular came to the U.S. in the 60's & 70's. They in turn would sponsor relatives to come here, and it became kinda like that "and they told two friends, and so on, and so on" commercial.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:46 PM   #11743
Suicane75
Coordinator

Well that answers that. I was gonna say that most of them are doctors.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:25 AM   #11744
QuikSand
lolzcat

Brain drain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 04:35 PM   #11745
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

My folks not only got to see the Stanley Cup at Wrigley today, they got to meet Rickets.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:54 AM   #11746
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Missed my HS 20th last night....Kind of bummed about it, it looks like it was a great time. Problem is, they decided to host it at one of the most expensive weekends to fly into Utah and I am already going to Utah at the end of the month for my grandparents 70th.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:06 AM   #11747
digamma
Torchbearer

If you have nothing to do for the next couple hours, do yourself a favor and watch the Wimbledon final.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:15 AM   #11748
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
If you have nothing to do for the next couple hours, do yourself a favor and watch the Wimbledon final.

I used to watch a lot of tennis...but I haven't for a few years now. Who is in the final?

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:52 AM   #11749
korme
Go Reds

Murray looks gassed. This could be hugely disappointing.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:20 AM   #11750
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Yeah he may have lost his edge. Which would be horrible, this late...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote