Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-15-2013, 10:17 AM   #1101
bhlloy
Coordinator

vote Zinto

I think looking at yesterday's voting I see nothing to convince me both Zinto and PF couldn't be wolves. Katy's last minute vote weirdly makes me feel a little better, because I think a wolf gets enough advice to just stay off until after deadline. Ditto for Chubby, that's a hell of a ballsy last minute vote for a wolf
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #1102
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
Unvote Zinto
Vote bholly

Font, do you want to explain your votes yesterday? You said you preferred PF but voted Zinto to keep a close vote, then later switched to bhlloy instead of PF.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #1103
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Then the bigger question becomes, why Hoopsguy? He had revealed and seemed generally believed, and had the ability to vouch for another villager. But if they believed him they knew he was not a convert. It's a little odd to me that they decided to get rid of him rather than find another wolf. It makes me wonder if perhaps there hasn't been a convert yet - if there was you think they'd be chomping at the bit to get the other and do the summoning thing.

Well there's the obvious fact that he was pushing pretty hard for murra5y and was pretty much fully trusted (I actually had a big worry this morning that he was Peck and hoping to tempt Venkman to proton shoot him and take himself out of the game). Also a trusted villager hoops is a pretty potent enemy to the wolves.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:19 AM   #1104
bhlloy
Coordinator

Also why is Pass not on that list Autumn?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #1105
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Ah-ha! Unless they thought Danny was a ghostbuster in which case it makes sense to brutal him. So that was probably it.

To be honest, I think Packer took out Danny: "One very scary ghost. Has the chance to remove a player from the game when lynched, though if they select a Ghostbuster with a proton pack charge, the Ghostbuster may be able to fend off this ability. "

I don't think Packer would have tried to take out a ghostbuster with his conditional night action(the way I read it, if he did pick one, it wouldn't have worked). I think he knew his role unlike the gatekeeper or key master. Are we assuming there are 3 wolves and 1 convert left? Zuul and Vinz probably got a vanilla message since it says can be converted. I was assuming 2 terror dogs and the Librarian were the original set of wolves. I'm not sure Gozer is a character in the game to be honest. Peck knows 1 of the bad guys but wins with them. I assume he is not in on their voting or IMs. If so then we have a lot of lying vanilla villagers out there.

Looking back at the player list (17 started)
Ghostbusters and citizen of note : 5 to start 2 are dead
Slimer: 1 to start, 1 dead
6 started(of note for the win), 3 are dead so 3 are left (besides generic citizens). 2 vanillas have died also.

So that leaves 11 people (not of note). Two of those are dead as Vanilla villagers(and we aren't sure if they could have been converted). So we are down to 9.

The Librarian is dead so that leaves, Terror dogs (I assume it is more than one person), Generic Ghost (I don't think they exist, I think it was added in case the sign ups got too big), Gozer (It says if he is summonded, in the movie they had to find both gate and key to summond him, I don't think he is in the game as a player). Walter Peck. If you think there is Gozer, Peck, 1 Generic, 1 convert, 1-2 terror dogs then we are looking at 5/6 bad guys right now with only 1 dead for sure (possibly 2 with Coffee or Danny being a convert). If there are 5 at best bad guys left then we have 3 vanilla villagers and 3 notable players. I assume 2 terror dogs which would put the game at 6:6 right now which would be game over (and it's not so I have to start trimming bad guys). I don't think generic ghost or Gozer is in the game so I think it's 2 terror dogs and the convert right now with Peck knowing either about Packer or one of the dogs.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #1106
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm now adding Pass to my list from before. Happy now, Pass?

Right now my strongest suspicion is of Mauchow. Not going to play with my vote just yet, I'm going to keep pondering.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #1107
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Also why is Pass not on that list Autumn?

Hah, I've just added him. The list was based on people seeming to be working with PF. Now that I'm looking for people who may have jumped on pushing PF to the top to get that brutal kill, Pass is on it.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:22 AM   #1108
Autumn
Head Coach

To be clear my list was not from the whole game roster. Just who popped up in reading PF's posts.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:24 AM   #1109
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Hmmm - so the ghostbusters can't use the proton thingies to nightkill. Is that what JAG was saying a while back- that he took away that rule?
Old 03-15-2013, 10:25 AM   #1110
Autumn
Head Coach

My modified list. I'm taking Chubby off for now because I think the wolves would actually have been pushing PF not defending him.

Murray - because PF may have been helping him out, and Murray made a curious last second vote that helps PF.
Mauchow- because PF may have been helping him out earlier, and Mauchow makes an early vote on PF, helping them brutal the supposed seer.
Katylied - for a last second vote that meant nothing on PF (holding back just in case?) and for not posting.
Zinto - for possible PF/Zinto connection in voting
Passacaglia - Makes a semi-early vote on PF when the wolves would be pushing him

Murray is probably the least suspicious to me on this list. I'm guessing of Mau, Zinto, Pass, Katy there are at least two wolves in there.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #1111
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmmm - so the ghostbusters can't use the proton thingies to nightkill. Is that what JAG was saying a while back- that he took away that rule?

Oh I never figured out what he took away. I didn't remember that they could night kill. No wonder he took it away!
Old 03-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #1112
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Right now my strongest suspicion is of Mauchow. Not going to play with my vote just yet, I'm going to keep pondering.

Why ?

Never mind I see the post now.

Last edited by mauchow : 03-15-2013 at 10:27 AM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:28 AM   #1113
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Did he say this? I thought they would be used to fend off a nightkill. There goes my theory on Packers move last night (I still believe Packer took out Danny and Hoops was voted)
Old 03-15-2013, 10:29 AM   #1114
Autumn
Head Coach

Murray, we know that Packer took out Danny. It was in the writeup. That was the brutal kill.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:32 AM   #1115
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
To be honest, I think Packer took out Danny: "One very scary ghost. Has the chance to remove a player from the game when lynched, though if they select a Ghostbuster with a proton pack charge, the Ghostbuster may be able to fend off this ability. "

Ah-ha - so we're back to it being baffling that they take out Danny with the brutal and Hoops with the night kill. Maybe they can "scan" for the convertees and had scanned Danny night one or two so knew he wasn't a potential wolfy.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:34 AM   #1116
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

murra5y 2 - Chubby (1062), Narcizo (1065)
Chubby 1 - Lathum (1062)
KatyLied 1 - Autumn (1089)
Zinto 1 - bhlloy (1101
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #1117
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Murray, we know that Packer took out Danny. It was in the writeup. That was the brutal kill.

Narciso confused me when he said he thought they would brutal a ghostbuster. The way I read it, a ghostbuster could fend it of maybe.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:37 AM   #1118
Autumn
Head Coach

Oh I see. Yeah, that's a good catch. Hmm.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:39 AM   #1119
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

It'll be an interesting post game discussion.

My guess is along with what autumn said.. they believed that Danny was the seer based on his vote shortly after deadline. I know I'd flag it if I was a wolf. Then add in the fact that he was a brutal wolf it was probably a ploy to gain trust by voting PF. I am on the short list of who voted PF but my vote was solidified based on a post of PFs that just made me stick there in the end. I thought multiple times yesterday of changing my vote until I saw the more 'pleading' follow up post bhlloys 'its okay to vote me out...'

I'll try to find it.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM   #1120
Autumn
Head Coach

I imagine then they had a conditional order in - if the brutal ability didn't work, night kill Danny. That would give them two shots at killing him before he could scan again. So I guess I"m going to keep on the same line of thought.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:50 AM   #1121
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

vote katylied

Gave the suicide vote while not posting anything. Same way we tried to use the Brutal in the wrestling game with Autumn and Bullet voting for me.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #1122
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ah-ha - so we're back to it being baffling that they take out Danny with the brutal and Hoops with the night kill. Maybe they can "scan" for the convertees and had scanned Danny night one or two so knew he wasn't a potential wolfy.

Danny was acting very seer like the entire game. Same vibe I got in my first game when he was the converter.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:54 AM   #1123
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
I dont think I'm being railroaded hoops. I think I'd look at me as well at this point. I would like to see Katy up as a candidate as well FWIW, I'm concerned we are giving a pass for a new player and its late enough in the game we don't have to do that

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I am in the same boat as bhlloy - while I know I am clean, my votes have been suspect and honestly, if me being on the block helps garner some valuable information to help the village, so be it.

Back to back posts even.

I just read as more wolfy than bhlloys. Not to say that it couldn't be wolf-wolf.

As far as it goes with me being on blocks as a cohort I'm not so sure I vote PF out yet. It seemed like the wolves could have gone one more day to let us shoot ourselves in the foot by lynching another villager. I gotta think that there are more inexperienced wolves that were dictating things behind the scenes.

Maybe there was more to it than that though.

I do hope the seer has some stuff for us to go on tomorrow. I feel confident that our seer will have info for us. They have to. And they gotta feel good knowing that there is a likelyhood that a pack will still protect them.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:56 AM   #1124
Autumn
Head Coach

Mau, normally yes the wolves would try to get another day. But not if Danny would have revealed a bunch of scans. I think they were hoping to off him before he said anything .
Old 03-15-2013, 10:58 AM   #1125
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I just re read the deadline posts.. not that it matters anymore but hoops flat out asked PF what route the village should go. He ignored the question entirely and didn't offer anything up despite being around. Heh.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:59 AM   #1126
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Mau, normally yes the wolves would try to get another day. But not if Danny would have revealed a bunch of scans. I think they were hoping to off him before he said anything .

Ah yeah I get it.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #1127
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I imagine then they had a conditional order in - if the brutal ability didn't work, night kill Danny. That would give them two shots at killing him before he could scan again. So I guess I"m going to keep on the same line of thought.

Yeah, that's what I came up with. Hoops was the conditional. They thought Danny had scanned Packers so they took their chance to try and whack Danny before he made his scans public. Maybe they thought he scanned me and was hinting that I was villager when he said he "would" have scanned me were he the seer. I think I've done that once before as a seer. Don't think Danny would be that obvious but the wolves wouldn't know that.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #1128
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Danny was acting very seer like the entire game. Same vibe I got in my first game when he was the converter.

Danny does that all the time.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:00 AM   #1129
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

The scary thing is that he's often right.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:42 AM   #1130
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Hello.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:43 AM   #1131
fontisian
College Prospect

Quote:
Font, do you want to explain your votes yesterday? You said you preferred PF but voted Zinto to keep a close vote, then later switched to bhlloy instead of PF.

I'm on my phone, so this will be short. I voted for Bholly instead on Packer to make the vote a little closer and see of there would be any last minute movement. I was prepares to switch to packer through the end to ensure his lynch, but it never proved neccessary.
fontisian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:44 AM   #1132
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zinto View Post
I go to a little school in Michigan, Saginaw Valley State. It sold me on the super nice campus and the easy scholarships that they offer.

I have a good bit of family in Sagtown; cool stuff.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:38 PM   #1133
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

KatyLied 2 - Autumn (1089), murra5y (1121)
murra5y 2 - Chubby (1062), Narcizo (1065)
Chubby 1 - Lathum (1062)
Zinto 1 - bhlloy (1101)

All folks that have chimed in thus far have said they're ok with weekend play, so I am leaning towards a Sunday 10pm EST D5 deadline. If you're not ok with this, please speak up.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #1134
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Fine with weekend
Old 03-15-2013, 01:03 PM   #1135
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Ditto.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #1136
KatyLied
n00b

Quote:
Katylied, want to explain why the sudden late vote?

Murray, Katy's vote basically saved us from a tie you almost forced. Got any explanation other than "I'm a wolf who thought he'd save Packer from death" or "I'm a cultist who was willing to put his neck on the line for a wolf Packer?"

Thanks - my vote was late because I went out for drinks IRL. I got home right before deadline, speed read the boards, and went on a hunch. I'm a huge fan of logic games, and I'm ordinarily damn good with charting these things, but have not been diligent this time around because of work/life. In retrospect, maybe I should've sat this game out, but if I sat out every time I had a busy stressful day, I'd never get to play.

I get that my conduct doesn't exactly mesh with SOP, but it's all I can do. I'd love to spend more time being witty and adorable on the boards (as I am IRL) but I just don't have that kind of time. So kill me now, villagers, if you choose, but know that you're killing one of your own. You may take my life but YOU'LL NEVER TAKE MY FREEDOM!
KatyLied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:48 PM   #1137
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Unvote murrayyyyy
Vote Katylied

Sorry. Couldn't resist.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:49 PM   #1138
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

We don't like people with real, fulfilling lives round here.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #1139
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Unvote Katylied

To be honest I've read through day one and two and I don't think I've gleaned much from it. I've got less trust for Zinto based on the read-through but otherwise not much has jumped out at me. I'm fairly happy that Autumn and murra5y aren't starter wolves and they both can't be convertees so I feel that at least one of them is genuine.

I'll see if I can be bothered reading day three before making a crucial vote at this stage. Probably not.
Old 03-15-2013, 01:53 PM   #1140
Zinto
College Starter

I will be around a little this weekend. It is my birthday on Sunday so I will not be on at deadline for sure.
Zinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #1141
Zinto
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
You're in Michigan? Rock on! I'm from Grand Rapids, but I've only been to Saginaw a couple times.

I am from Royal Oak, and I have been to Grand Rapids once or twice.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:05 PM   #1142
KatyLied
n00b

Quote:
Unvote murrayyyyy
Vote Katylied

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

I would do the same thing if I were you. I have a low threshold for sentimentality.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #1143
Zinto
College Starter

As much as I understand a vote for Katy in that situation for a late vote on Packer where should she have put her vote then if she was not a wolf? Does she tie up the vote and cause a tie with almost no time left? Or, does she not vote again?
Old 03-15-2013, 02:10 PM   #1144
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
As much as I understand a vote for Katy in that situation for a late vote on Packer where should she have put her vote then if she was not a wolf? Does she tie up the vote and cause a tie with almost no time left? Or, does she not vote again?

I don't think her vote would have tied it up had she went Bhlloy. I don't think her vote last night is the sole reason for scrutiny, it is also being so UTR ( she is a girl, right?)
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:15 PM   #1145
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I will be around a little this weekend. It is my birthday on Sunday so I will not be on at deadline for sure.

So we should wait with lynching you till then you mean.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #1146
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I am from Royal Oak, and I have been to Grand Rapids once or twice.

I am from California and I have no idea of these places you are talking about
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:30 PM   #1147
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

vote zinto

Going to look at the 4 mentioned by Autumn tied in with the fact that I believe bhlloy to not be a wolf based on last night's result and that's where he's got his vote right now.

I don't think we need to look at Katy's vote last night to mean anything. Perhaps it was inbox flooded with VOTE PACKERS and it was a quick vote based on that.. but somehow I doubt it. I don't think she's a bad lynch though.
Old 03-15-2013, 02:39 PM   #1148
KatyLied
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I don't think her vote would have tied it up had she went Bhlloy. I don't think her vote last night is the sole reason for scrutiny, it is also being so UTR ( she is a girl, right?)

She is, indeed, a girl.
Old 03-15-2013, 03:10 PM   #1149
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Fonti, got any thoughts on where you want to go. Your votes pretty cruddy really - particularly yesterdays.

vote murrayyyyy

Last time I try to vote on the why pad.
Old 03-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #1150
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontisian View Post
I'm on my phone, so this will be short. I voted for Bholly instead on Packer to make the vote a little closer and see of there would be any last minute movement. I was prepares to switch to packer through the end to ensure his lynch, but it never proved neccessary.

Sorry I don't have a ton of analysis, but this is the thing that's jumped out at me. It sounds to me like he was hoping he could keep PF alive, really. I feel like reading back, that a PF lynch wasn't ensured by any means.

VOTE FONTISIAN
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote