Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-11-2009, 09:58 PM   #1101
rjolley
College Starter

Very chippy. Thought the first one was Garca talking and got sensitive when Onuaku showed him up. Second one should've possibly been an ejection when the Hall player had his hands on the Syracuse player, but the foul was a hard one.

Maybe they don't play ball like they used to when I was younger, but the little spat between Garcia and Onuaku wouldn't have gotten to that level. You talk, they talk, and you play harder trying to show the other player up.

Or maybe that's just how I remember it.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:23 AM   #1102
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

For any Big 12 fans that went to bed when A&M was up by 19 at halftime, you missed the best single game performance by a player in B12 tournament history. Tech's Singletary scored 35 points IN THE SECOND HALF and single-handedly willed Tech to an upset win over Texas A&M. The guy hit everything. Even he was laughing at one point.

If Kansas State beats Texas today, I could easily see KSU getting a NCAA bid and A&M being on the outside looking in. Incredible turn of events.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 08:03 AM   #1103
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I saw the writeup on Singletary's performance before going to bed last night. Would have liked to have seen that one, although I have virtually no interest in either team otherwise.

Then again, it probably looked a lot like Meeks dropping 52 on Tennessee earlier this year for Kentucky, so maybe it wouldn't have been as much fun for me to see.
Old 03-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #1104
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
Very chippy. Thought the first one was Garca talking and got sensitive when Onuaku showed him up. Second one should've possibly been an ejection when the Hall player had his hands on the Syracuse player, but the foul was a hard one.

Maybe they don't play ball like they used to when I was younger, but the little spat between Garcia and Onuaku wouldn't have gotten to that level. You talk, they talk, and you play harder trying to show the other player up.

Or maybe that's just how I remember it.

This whole incident was the Syracuse players' fault. They totally played without class. Devendorf is a punk.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 09:52 AM   #1105
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
This whole incident was the Syracuse players' fault. They totally played without class. Devendorf is a punk.

Devendorf is a punk, but saying the whole incident was Syracuse players' fault means you were listening to Bilas, and not watching the game at all.

First incident - SHU large scrub gets his shot blocked, inexplicably takes offense and starts getting in Onuaku's face about it. Onuaku reacts inappropriately, but wouldn't the fault here lie with the guy who started it?

Second incident. An SHU player trying to punish SU for Onuaku's actions hammers Onganaet on the break. Devendorf talks to an SHU guard, said guard contacts Devo's face with his hand. Three times. How this incident is in any way seen as Syracuse's fault is beyond me.

In both cases, SU's players had inappropriate responses. Both times however, they were responding to SHU's agression.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:18 AM   #1106
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Devendorf is a punk, but saying the whole incident was Syracuse players' fault means you were listening to Bilas, and not watching the game at all.

I think we can all agree.......when in doubt, blame Duke.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:28 AM   #1107
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

First incident - SHU large scrub gets his shot blocked, inexplicably takes offense and starts getting in Onuaku's face about it. Onuaku reacts inappropriately, but wouldn't the fault here lie with the guy who started it?

Second incident. An SHU player trying to punish SU for Onuaku's actions hammers Onganaet on the break. Devendorf talks to an SHU guard, said guard contacts Devo's face with his hand. Three times. How this incident is in any way seen as Syracuse's fault is beyond me.

In both cases, SU's players had inappropriate responses. Both times however, they were responding to SHU's agression.

The incident after the blocked shot was started when Onuaku starting yelling after he blocked the shot. Yes, the SHU dude started jawing, but that crap happens all of the time. That was his response to the yelling. Then, Onuaku proceeds to start clapping in his face.

The 2nd incident was started by the hard foul by the SHU player and the SHU player did push on Devendorf's face. I'll concede that.

I'm sure there were words that we don't know about that got the whole thing started down this road to begin with.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:30 AM   #1108
rjolley
College Starter

I think fault was split between both teams in both incidents. Onuaku's scream and Garcia's reaction to it. Screaming after a big block happens all the time. Garcia probably said something about it being a lucky block, Onuaku claps, and then Garcia gets sensitive and starts wolfing more. Both players at fault there. The talking happens all the time. The clapping was over the top, but I've seen worse. That was probably brewing all game, though.

The foul on the next play was a very hard foul and over the top. He got the ball, but seemed to be more of a punishment foul than anything. And the Hall guard with his hands to the face of the Syracuse guard should've been an ejection given everything else that had happened, though probably not in and of itself, so I'm ok with it not happening.

To say it was all Syracuse's fault is a bit of a stretch. A ton of blame to go around there.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #1109
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
The incident after the blocked shot was started when Onuaku starting yelling after he blocked the shot. Yes, the SHU dude started jawing, but that crap happens all of the time. That was his response to the yelling. Then, Onuaku proceeds to start clapping in his face.

Oanaku may have yelled, but it was not directed at the SHU player - he was looking 180 degrees away. It only became a confrontation when the SHU player got up, ran to the other side of Onuaku, and started getting in his face. He is the one who made that situation a confrontation. Guys let out primal screams all the time after making a good play, its only taunting if its in someone's face.

Onuaku did act like a jerk in response to that, and both got a deserved technical. And Devendorf almost always acts like a jerk, last night was a particularly disgusting example. I think they deserve technical fouls, derision and scorn for their behavior last night, but to say Syracuse caused either incident is just plain silly. They were reacting to misplaced aggression (maybe play defense that aggressively, see what happens?) by Seton Hall in both cases.

Last edited by Samdari : 03-12-2009 at 11:42 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #1110
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I am quite happy for channelsurfing.net about now

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #1111
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
And Devendorf almost always acts like a jerk, last night was a particularly disgusting example.

He has no business still being on that team and probably wouldn't be if Beoheim wasn't feeling some pressure to get his team into the tourney this year.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 11:50 AM   #1112
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Kansas looking ugly to start against Baylor, tho. They look lethargic- no energy

SI

Old 03-12-2009, 12:00 PM   #1113
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Kansas looking ugly to start against Baylor, tho. They look lethargic- no energy

SI

I think thats a trend with the teams who have byes.

Louisville missed nine straight shots at one point.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #1114
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
I think fault was split between both teams in both incidents. Onuaku's scream and Garcia's reaction to it. Screaming after a big block happens all the time. Garcia probably said something about it being a lucky block, Onuaku claps, and then Garcia gets sensitive and starts wolfing more. Both players at fault there. The talking happens all the time. The clapping was over the top, but I've seen worse. That was probably brewing all game, though.

The foul on the next play was a very hard foul and over the top. He got the ball, but seemed to be more of a punishment foul than anything. And the Hall guard with his hands to the face of the Syracuse guard should've been an ejection given everything else that had happened, though probably not in and of itself, so I'm ok with it not happening.

To say it was all Syracuse's fault is a bit of a stretch. A ton of blame to go around there.

Most/all of it should be placed on the refs for not dealing with the situation before it escalated. Horrible refereeing. Had they clamped down on the chippy shit in the first half, none of the incidents above even take place.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #1115
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Looks like KU woke up and they're only down 4 at the half

SI

Old 03-12-2009, 01:00 PM   #1116
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

KU-Baylor is a dogfight. Back and forth.

I don't get to listen to Bob Davis and Chris Piper do the games on the radio very often, but I always find it funny how they don't hide their emotions about KU. A foul got called and Piper, the color commentator, simply said 'Awwwwwww! Bad call!'. They're fun to listen to.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:03 PM   #1117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Huge swing in the KU-Baylor game, Baylor kid misses a gimme and KU hits a 3 on the other end
Old 03-12-2009, 01:05 PM   #1118
Radii
Head Coach

Miami is officially done now after losing to Virginia Tech. I assume that Virginia Tech would still need to beat North Carolina tomorrow to have a legit at large shot.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #1119
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Getting excited for the U of Washington game. For those of you who haven't watched them they are a ton of fun. Jon Brockman is a beast, averages a double-double and plays as hard as anyone, Isiah Thomas is a really talented young guard and Justin Dentmon and Quincy Pondextor give them good veteran scoring options.

Hopefully they can win the Pac-10 and get a good NCAA seed.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #1120
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Big run by Baylor who just wont go away
Old 03-12-2009, 01:12 PM   #1121
Radii
Head Coach

Nice job by Baylor to not completely fold when Kansas took the lead. KU was up 58-53, baylor has the last 7 points to go back up 60-58.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM   #1122
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Live radio feed for KU game:

610 Sports - Homepage

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 03-12-2009 at 01:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #1123
Swaggs
Coordinator

Providence goes out with a whimper.

Unless Providence gets an undeserving bid, the Big East is pretty well locked in with 7 spots.

I have heard some talking heads say that this is a disappointing season, but I think, unlike in the past two seasons, the BE has several teams well-positioned to make a run to the final four. I think Louisville and Pitt are high on the contender list to win it all, with UConn (they haven't played as well with their injury problems) and Villanova are pretty legit threats to make runs, as well.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:17 PM   #1124
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

GO BAYLOR!!!!! Up by 7 with 3 1/2 left.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:20 PM   #1125
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
GO BAYLOR!!!!! Up by 7 with 3 1/2 left.

Please stop causing problems.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:22 PM   #1126
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Please stop causing problems.

LOL. I take full responsibility. Great game.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:25 PM   #1127
Swaggs
Coordinator

Baylor's game to win or lose now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #1128
Radii
Head Coach

Great win for Baylor, hooray upsets!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:32 PM   #1129
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Big upset by Baylor! Now if Texas can take care of business against K-State, they have a pretty good chance of making it to the title game.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:36 PM   #1130
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Dang, looks like we'll be taking the rest of the week off. Wish we had gotten a chance to play some other teams so I had a better idea of how good we were. We came out flat in the first half and Baylor played well in the second half. Kudos to them- they're a better team than their record indicates.

SI

Old 03-12-2009, 01:40 PM   #1131
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Big upset by Baylor! Now if Texas can take care of business against K-State, they have a pretty good chance of making it to the title game.

Next, we root for an OSU upset in the rivalry game.

Q: Who's your favorite team?
A: Mizzou and whoever's playing KU.

Go Bears!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 PM   #1132
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Crap.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:50 PM   #1133
DeToxRox
Head Coach

7:30 into the Michigan game, Michigan leads 14-7. DeShawn Sims is 7-7 from the field with all 14 points. Kid is on fire.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 01:51 PM   #1134
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Cartman, UT have an free online radio feed anywhere? They're blocking the KSU radio feed.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:55 PM   #1135
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Thought I'd put this up in case the Kansas fans wanted to download it and put it on their MP3 player...........

http://baylorbears.cstv.com/multimed...fight-song.mp3
Old 03-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #1136
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan up 25-12 halfway through the first. Let's hope the hot shooting continues.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #1137
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Cartman, UT have an free online radio feed anywhere? They're blocking the KSU radio feed.

Not sure, I'm watching it on TV.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:04 PM   #1138
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Not sure, I'm watching it on TV.

I'll be home by the start of the second half, so I'll just tune in then. Thanks anyway.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:23 PM   #1139
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan is up 40-19 on Iowa at the break. Sims is 8/8 for 18 points at the half.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:31 PM   #1140
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Dang, looks like we'll be taking the rest of the week off. Wish we had gotten a chance to play some other teams so I had a better idea of how good we were. We came out flat in the first half and Baylor played well in the second half. Kudos to them- they're a better team than their record indicates.

SI

That has to affect KU's shot at a 1. Radio up here was talking like KU and, possibly, OU had a shot at 1 seeds, a couple days ago.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:36 PM   #1141
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Down goes KU!
MizzouRah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:39 PM   #1142
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
That has to affect KU's shot at a 1. Radio up here was talking like KU and, possibly, OU had a shot at 1 seeds, a couple days ago.

I don't think KU had a realistic shot at a 1 seed. This more than likely might drop them from a 2/3 to a 3/4.

Last edited by cartman : 03-12-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:47 PM   #1143
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I don't think KU had a realistic shot at a 1 seed. This more than likely might drop them from a 2/3 to a 3/4.

What he said. As soon as we lost to Texas Tech, we lost our shot at a #1.

SI

Old 03-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #1144
hoopsguy
General Manager

Anyone watching the Marquette/Nova game? From the box score it looks like a foul fest. 45 free throw attempts already with 16 minutes remaining in the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 02:55 PM   #1145
Radii
Head Coach

Clemson is falling apart against Georgia Tech. Tech up 12 with 8:45 left.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:17 PM   #1146
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Now Techis trying to give it back, a 10 point lead with 2:09 left is down to 4 with 1:09 left, Timeout Clemson.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:18 PM   #1147
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Michigan is up 31 with a minute left. Huge statement win. Now win tomorrow vs Illinois and there are no questions.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #1148
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Down 4 with 0:28 left, Clemson misses back to back free throws. Tech to the line with 0:25 left.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #1149
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Now Techis trying to give it back, a 10 point lead with 2:09 left is down to 4 with 1:09 left, Timeout Clemson.

With the way both teams are shooting free throws in the final minute, I don't think either team really wants this one.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:26 PM   #1150
Radii
Head Coach

and down goes clemson.