Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-16-2008, 03:54 PM   #1101
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
You forgot the part where everyone agrees that KWhit is an incredibly handsome and intelligent man. Men want to be him and women want to be with him.

Other than that, I think you got it all.

Thought of that, but I couldn't edit.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:56 PM   #1102
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Yep. The two of you seem to know a TON more about this game than I do, so I'm going to let you two hash it out, and I'll just decide at the end.

It is almost like they are playing a different game than we are... I hope this gets hashed out by the time i am done reading the 22 pages
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:58 PM   #1103
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
It is almost like they are playing a different game than we are... I hope this gets hashed out by the time i am done reading the 22 pages

Well damn. Why do you ask for the synopsis if you're going to read the whole thing anyway?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:01 PM   #1104
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Pass, what more do you want to know?

Racer is the seer.
Alan is a wolf.
I've got another role, as a result I've been privy to Racer's cleared list.

I'm ecstatic that he scanned Alan last night, given that Alan's distrust list yesterday included the seer and the person that the seer scanned on Night 1. It is the person that I would have chosen, given the chance.

This post throws me a little. With this post alone (if its correct) it guarantees that Racer and you get killed by wolves pretty soon. Is it worth sacrificing two wolves, one being very important (Racer) for one wolf?
Old 06-16-2008, 04:05 PM   #1105
hoopsguy
General Manager

LSG, I'll wait for you to finish up and then talk about posts you quoted if you want to dive into them. I don't want to re-answer stuff that you might come across in another couple of minutes.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:07 PM   #1106
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
I guess when LSG shows up, she'll feel a lot better, since hoops and Alan aren't on the same side.

Haha I knew it was too good to be true! Hoops was buttering Alant up before going in for the blow!
Old 06-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #1107
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
I'm out for a while, possibly until after deadline.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #1108
hoopsguy
General Manager

K, vote is tied at the moment and the three suspected wolves all have their votes on candidates not involved in the tie.

Consider this a bat signal to Henry and Jets to make sure you get your votes in and that they count. LSG is working through the thread and I believe she is the third person now who has not cast a vote.

Alan - Hoops (694), Racer (724), KWhit (779), MS (895), Path (898)
Eagle - Chief (689), Purdue (976), RendeR (977), Axxon (1018), Olie (1025)
Hoops - Telle (855)
Mrs Schmidty - Eagle (935)
Telle - Pass (1036), Alan (1039)
Old 06-16-2008, 04:28 PM   #1109
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, if you are not expecting to be around for the deadline please state your intentions in the thread so we can make sure to avoid a tie.

I'm about 80-90% in the thread at deadline - kid would have to stay up much later than normal for me to not be here. But I'm home alone with her tonight so that 10-20% is possible.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #1110
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
That makes NO real sense. If you're picking between the people Mrs. S outed in her reveal then you almost HAVe to go with Eaglefan, you know the guy who DID THE KILLING?

You're not making much sense with this argument Hoops.

I agree with this
Old 06-16-2008, 04:40 PM   #1111
Schmidty
Coordinator

Just woke up a few minutes ago. Very intense day so far. If anyone has ANY questions about their role, or any game mechanics, feel free to PM me, and I will answer them if I can.

By the way, Moderating is waaaay more fun than player. A lot more work, but a lot more fun.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:49 PM   #1112
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

phew, okay, I am exhausted after reading this! It seems obvious we have three wolves on our hands. either it is Telle, EF, and Hoops, or Telle, Ef and Alant. I dont understand the arguments for going against Hoops and/or Alant. EF or Telle would be a better choice, cuz if they turn out good we know Schmidty is lying, bad Schmidty is immediately top of the COT
Old 06-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #1113
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

But I am starving right now so I am going to get sushi. I will be back within the hour to vote.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #1114
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Alright. I believe you. I still think you could still very well be a wolf though. Mainly, I want to get my thoughts out there since I may very well be night killed tonight.

Oh hey, I forgot it was the seer saying that. I think you've got bigger fish to fry than scanning me, FWIW.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:50 PM   #1115
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Okay, just FINALLY finished read through all of today's posts after a long day of class.

I strongly believe Mrs. Schmidty's reveal of her role, and would think it's crazy of her to make that up.

The Alan T/Hoopsguy debate seems like it's on the backburner for right now after Mrs. S's post, so I'm going to:

VOTE EAGLEFAN

I think Telle is also good vote, but it seems like Eaglefan can convert a student to a wolf, so getting rid of him now seems like a better move.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #1116
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
phew, okay, I am exhausted after reading this! It seems obvious we have three wolves on our hands. either it is Telle, EF, and Hoops, or Telle, Ef and Alant. I dont understand the arguments for going against Hoops and/or Alant. EF or Telle would be a better choice, cuz if they turn out good we know Schmidty is lying, bad Schmidty is immediately top of the COT

If Schmidty is lying, I'm just going to quit.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #1117
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Those who have been paying attention to my play the last few games know that I love deadline shenaningans. I was all set to sign on with 10-15 minutes until deadline, have a look at the votes, and break the tie. But I'm worried that we'll have too many cooks in the kitchen. So I'm going to place my vote on Alan T now. I think killing EagleFan is a mistake -- he's likely the brutal wolf, and we could lose the seer for sure in the day, and an important role again at night.

UNVOTE TELLE
VOTE ALAN T
Old 06-16-2008, 05:06 PM   #1118
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Those who have been paying attention to my play the last few games know that I love deadline shenaningans. I was all set to sign on with 10-15 minutes until deadline, have a look at the votes, and break the tie. But I'm worried that we'll have too many cooks in the kitchen. So I'm going to place my vote on Alan T now. I think killing EagleFan is a mistake -- he's likely the brutal wolf, and we could lose the seer for sure in the day, and an important role again at night.

UNVOTE TELLE
VOTE ALAN T

Agreed. It has nothing to do with being the seer, but I just have the feeling that the wolves would rather lose EagleFan today and AlanT tomorrow.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #1119
hoopsguy
General Manager

Kid home now. Vote count listed, hope/expect to be back before deadline.

Alan - Hoops (694), Racer (724), KWhit (779), MS (895), Path (898), Pass (1117)
Eagle - Chief (689), Purdue (976), RendeR (977), Axxon (1018), Olie (1025), Jets (1115)
Hoops - Telle (855)
Telle - Alan (1039)
Old 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #1120
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Kid home now. Vote count listed, hope/expect to be back before deadline.

Eagle - Chief (689), Purdue (976), RendeR (977), Axxon (1018), Olie (1025), Jets (1115)
Hoops - Telle (855)
Telle - Alan (1039)

By the way, I think Telle, EagleFan, and Alan T will try to force a tie if they can.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:33 PM   #1121
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

updated post count?
Old 06-16-2008, 05:34 PM   #1122
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

only plausible vote since Telle only has one person on her

vote eaglefan
Old 06-16-2008, 05:51 PM   #1123
Danny
Head Coach

I wish I was in this game. I have read all 23 pages and it would have been a lot of fun
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:04 PM   #1124
path12
Coordinator

For the record, I'll be out soon and might be back for a bit before deadline, but definitely won't be around then. You can assume my vote is going to stay where it is.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:06 PM   #1125
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'll echo Path, tonight was going to be date night but the wife isn't feeling all that great right now so we'll see. I may/may not be around but my vote is likely locked in place.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:18 PM   #1126
Schmidty
Coordinator

Ok, I'm tired and work tonight. I'm going to try to take a nap. If I fall asleep, I'm hoping I wake up before the deadline. If not, the worst-case scenario is that my wife wakes me up (or my daughter before that) when she gets home. She works until 10 p.m. EST, so one hour late is the longest it would be; however, knowing me and my inability to ever sleep, I probably won't even fall asleep.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #1127
Schmidty
Coordinator

Meh. I forgot that I told people that they can ask me questions. I'll set my alarm to 8:30 p.m. EST so I can quickly answer anything before 9 p.m. EST. The deadline still stands as normal though, so if you don't get your question in on time for me to answer, it'll still be too late.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #1128
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
I wish I was in this game. I have read all 23 pages and it would have been a lot of fun

Yeah, I've seen you lurking and have been wondering what your impressions have been. Hope to see you in another one soon.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:34 PM   #1129
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Just a reminder -- I believe Schmidty's rules state that votes on :59 count, but votes on :00 don't.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:36 PM   #1130
hoopsguy
General Manager

Votes with just under 90 minutes to go:

Eagle - Chief (689), Purdue (976), RendeR (977), Axxon (1018), Olie (1025), Jets (1115), LSG (1122)
Hoops - Telle (855)
Telle - Alan (1039)

No Vote - Henry

Out for deadline - Path, Purdue, Olie
Old 06-16-2008, 06:41 PM   #1131
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I'm out for deadline too, hoops.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #1132
Schmidty
Coordinator

Can't sleep, damnit. Gonna go try again. I have like 40 minutes.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:00 PM   #1133
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Everyone needs to make up their minds

Unvote Telle

Vote Eaglefan
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:14 PM   #1134
hoopsguy
General Manager

That makes the vote 8-6 Eagle over Alan. Eagle and Telle could still move their votes to help create a tie.

RendeR, I'm going to assume you want to keep the vote on Eagle and aren't moving it. Jets, are you locked in on Eagle as well?

If you guys are both set, then I'll kick my vote from Alan to Eagle. I don't think it is the right move, but it will make it hard to see late "saves" creating a tie if I do this.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:17 PM   #1135
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
That makes the vote 8-6 Eagle over Alan. Eagle and Telle could still move their votes to help create a tie.

RendeR, I'm going to assume you want to keep the vote on Eagle and aren't moving it. Jets, are you locked in on Eagle as well?

If you guys are both set, then I'll kick my vote from Alan to Eagle. I don't think it is the right move, but it will make it hard to see late "saves" creating a tie if I do this.

I'm set on EaglesFan. The only way I'm switching is if a crazy amount of people also switch... to the point where it wouldn't make sense to vote for him.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:21 PM   #1136
hoopsguy
General Manager

UNVOTE ALAN
VOTE EAGLEFAN

I suspect this is a mistake. I just hope it isn't a very large one. That should make the spread 9-5
Old 06-16-2008, 07:22 PM   #1137
hoopsguy
General Manager

Eagle - Chief (689), Purdue (976), RendeR (977), Axxon (1018), Olie (1025), Jets (1115), LSG (1122), Alan (1133), Hoops (1136)
Alan - Racer (724), KWhit (779), MS (895), Path (898), Pass (1117)
Hoops - Telle (855)

No Vote - Henry
Out - Path, Purdue, Olie, Pass
Old 06-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #1138
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, this is bizarre that the person co-busting Alan (me) is now voting for Eagles while the person busting Eagles (Mrs Schmidty) is voting Alan.

The voting log, coupled with timestamps, is going to be at least as valuable as the final votes, in my opinion.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:32 PM   #1139
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
UNVOTE ALAN
VOTE EAGLEFAN

I suspect this is a mistake. I just hope it isn't a very large one. That should make the spread 9-5

I agree. I'm pretty sure they are both wolves. I'll echo it again that I think the wolves prefer we lynch EagleFan to Alan T. Alan T has been pushing awful hard not to be lynched even after two other wolves were lynched.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #1140
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Unvote Alan T
Vote Eagle Fan

I hate doing this. At the same time, I don't want it to be plausible for the wolves to force a tie. Just a reminder guys, I scanned Alan T and he is bad. I'm sure Alan T will try to spin that tomorrow even if I end up dead.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:38 PM   #1141
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looking at tie possibilities here - just two people have to move from Alan to Eagle to force it. If there are two wolves on Eagle, they can make this happen.

I would love to see one more person get on the Eagle train at this point to make it significantly harder for there to be funny business.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #1142
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm not sure really how to handle the play for the next two days, I'm actually going to be caught up in an online work meeting from 8am until 3pm for training tommorrow, Wednesday and Thursday so I couldn't fight off Hoopsguy for the rest of the week even if I had some magical way to get everyone to believe me.

So, I'm going to have to just come clean and see if people will take it at face value or not. I figure the best time to do so is now, before the day results so everyone can see it before the night actions. I made a ton of comments today, some were truths and some wern't as much. That was a necessity on my part to try to stay alive. Hoopsguy also did the same as well however, and he also did so to try to stay alive.

I'll come clean on the stuff I wasn't honest about before now and I'll make it clear which parts were true.

- Racer is indeed the seer, he scanned me last night and his results that he got back likely did not say that I was a wolf, because I'm not one. How he interpreted what Schmidty gave him I can't help, but my role allows me to not be scanned or followed. It is not like a cunning wolf role where it returns saying I am good, but instead it literally prevents them from getting a read. So any negative thoughts that Racer or Mrs.Schmidty had regarding their actions around me are purely how they interpreted what Schmidty gave them.

- Hoopsguy is not a student, he is a third party role, just like I am. I gave Hoops many many times to come out with this information, and even egged him on to, but he chose not to, and still chooses not to. Hoopsguy's end objectives are just like mine... not villager friendly. Neither of us are out to harm the village either though, we just don't have any reason to protect it either. Our end goal objective is to simply remove the other one and survive to the end of the game. We both were given tools to supposedly help us in gaining trust, but I do not completely know what Hoops's was until today. Hoopsguy is more concerned with me dying than the wolves, but I am sure he is fine with wolves dying to gain trust.

My comments to Hoops all day congratulating him on outsurving me was an attempt to try to bring it all out to the open, but Hoops is fine it appears to continue to lie to you. If you want to press him on the issue to force a reveal, that is up to you but I assume once I am dead, he has no reason to go against the village as all he has to do then is survive until the end. I assume at some point you'll kill me to get to the bottom of the Hoops vs me thing and you'll see the end result is exactly what I have said all along, that I am not a wolf.

I'm guessing if Racer was to scan Telle tonight, he'd get a different result than he got from scanning me as well.. but it doesn't really make much sense to do that since he has to be more focused on finding the wolves than figuring out what I am. Anyhows, thats all I am giving you. I would say go team, but I'm by myself in this one and just got outplayed by Hoops is all.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:39 PM   #1143
hoopsguy
General Manager

Good move, Racer. Hopefully we are both around to continue pushing the issue with Alan tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:43 PM   #1144
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Good move, Racer. Hopefully we are both around to continue pushing the issue with Alan tomorrow.

I doubt it though. I think we are lynching the brutal wolf. Either that, or Alan T has conversion capabilities.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #1145
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

unvote Mrs Schmidty

vote EagleFan

I feed tonight!!!
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:45 PM   #1146
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, since you are going to be around again tomorrow you will have a chance to pass Blade's WW record for the most fake reveals in a single game.

I'm not 3rd party and I have zero reason to believe you are. I'm not out to get rid of you specifically, just wolves like the rest of the villagers/students. So there is no reason to believe that part either.

Gee, it really doesn't feel like you are coming clean. But maybe that is the next installment.

I'm going to be out for a big part of the day tomorrow as well - my client has a pretty restrictive Internet policy. But I should be around early and late.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #1147
KWhit
Coordinator

Just to make sure there's no tie. I think they're both wolves.

Unvote AlanT
Vote Eaglefan
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 07:46 PM   #1148
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I doubt it though. I think we are lynching the brutal wolf. Either that, or Alan T has conversion capabilities.

Unless the theme calls for it I would be surprised by multiple conversions in this game. Schmidty's last game had a conversion each night and it really made it hard for the villagers to win without getting a perfect start to the game (they almost did).

I don't think he would go down that path again. I could be wrong, but those are my thoughts on it.
Old 06-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #1149
hoopsguy
General Manager

Henry, care to get a vote in before deadline?
Old 06-16-2008, 07:48 PM   #1150
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE NIGHTFALL