Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-29-2007, 10:07 PM   #1101
highfiveoh
Banned

Anyone else noticing that initial backroom staffs are majorly sucking? I'm thinking the problem is only related to fictional setups, though I could be wrong (never tried using real players yet). I just imagine that real staffs would have more realistic attributes and the jobs would be allocated better.

For example I decided to take over L2 squad Peterborough and my ass man has 1s in both judging potential and current ability. What the hell am I suppose to do with this wanker? He's signed through 2012 with 1,000 pounds owed to him per week. He wants 220k pounds to mutually terminate. That's more than a quarter of this teams' entire worth. I pretty much have to scrap this game and hope for better luck next time. Another LLM game I started I was given four goalkeeping coaches.

Last edited by highfiveoh : 12-29-2007 at 10:08 PM.
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:14 PM   #1102
Flasch186
Coordinator

I gotta tell you. Ive played the crap out of this game and it desperately needs another patch. I just had a guy take a PK, it hit off the post and bounced back to a foot in front of him and he stood there staring at it while the keeper ran all the way out to kick it away. Couple this with the "near post" corner bug, the passive offsides not working, and there is just some really frustrating things that make the game more frustrating than fun...unfortunately Im addicted.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:35 PM   #1103
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I gotta tell you. Ive played the crap out of this game and it desperately needs another patch. I just had a guy take a PK, it hit off the post and bounced back to a foot in front of him and he stood there staring at it while the keeper ran all the way out to kick it away. Couple this with the "near post" corner bug, the passive offsides not working, and there is just some really frustrating things that make the game more frustrating than fun...unfortunately Im addicted.

Maybe he kicked it so hard he slipped and fell afterwards.
Old 12-29-2007, 10:38 PM   #1104
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Maybe he kicked it so hard he slipped and fell afterwards.

thats what I was thinking BUT he's a 33 yr. old vet. It's hard to imagine although I guess feasible....I dont think I should see it happen. Add that to the other things and this game needs a patch. IMO

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-29-2007, 11:12 PM   #1105
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I frickin' love YouTube, it has everything. With no MLS right now, and my addiction to FM while playing as the Albion Rovers led me to looking at Scottish football stuff online today. I just typed in Albion Rovers on YouTube and for the first time ever I am getting a look at the real deal. And now I know why I have such a hard time getting certain things done in the game....

I made their dream, said at the end of this news report, come true....

outside the stadium, super short.....

Another short one, it shows why I can't get a stadium expansion. Where would the owner of that van park if I got it?
Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 PM   #1106
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Dola- someone in Scotland get me a Wee Rovers scarf and jersey/shirt. I will pay you back and pay for shipping.

edit: looks like I found a place online where I can get a retro 60's shirt. That may be ok.

Last edited by Cringer : 12-29-2007 at 11:52 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 11:29 PM   #1107
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post

That's not a bug.

The Penalty Kicker CANNOT touch the ball untill/unless another player touches it. It's a foul if they do. This is to prevent the PKer from taking a dribble and beating the goalie who's dived to stop a shot.
Old 12-29-2007, 11:38 PM   #1108
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I think I found out what I want the 2d match engine to be changed to in future versions. It would kick ass to have this to look at, slowed down of course.......

Old 12-29-2007, 11:56 PM   #1109
highfiveoh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfiveoh View Post
Anyone else noticing that initial backroom staffs are majorly sucking? I'm thinking the problem is only related to fictional setups, though I could be wrong (never tried using real players yet). I just imagine that real staffs would have more realistic attributes and the jobs would be allocated better.

For example I decided to take over L2 squad Peterborough and my ass man has 1s in both judging potential and current ability. What the hell am I suppose to do with this wanker? He's signed through 2012 with 1,000 pounds owed to him per week. He wants 220k pounds to mutually terminate. That's more than a quarter of this teams' entire worth. I pretty much have to scrap this game and hope for better luck next time. Another LLM game I started I was given four goalkeeping coaches.

Further investigating has led me to believe that using "fake" players doesn't create much of a random universe. The generated staff I'm seeing look a lot like the staff in the real life database. Looks like I'll have to edit the DB to get things the way I want. Wonder what will happen if I delete all of the staff...
Old 12-30-2007, 12:15 AM   #1110
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Further investigating has led me to believe that using "fake" players doesn't create much of a random universe. The generated staff I'm seeing look a lot like the staff in the real life database. Looks like I'll have to edit the DB to get things the way I want. Wonder what will happen if I delete all of the staff...

Before or after your computer melts?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #1111
highfiveoh
Banned

Quote:
Before or after your computer melts?

All four of the staff members on Peterborough you silly goose.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:46 AM   #1112
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
All four of the staff members on Peterborough you silly goose.

That is what I am saying. Your computer will melt if you do it, do you want to know what happens after that?

The dumb joke is ruined now though...

On your topic though. Yes, my staff with then SD3 Albion Rovers sucked, too. A scout who couldn't scout, and an AssMan who by now is taking it in the ass for a living.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #1113
daedalus
Pro Rookie

i would have to think this is a bug since it's happened relatively consistently . . .

a team would come in for one of my players -- maybe inquiry, maybe actual offer -- i would respond with a counter. the player would get unhappy due to me not allowing them to move.

i. didn't. reject. the. damn. offer.

i counter-offered. and these players are unhappy that i rejected the offer and did not allow them to move. this is getting irritating.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #1114
highfiveoh
Banned

Looks better now. The generated ass man is somewhat competent, but more importantly he's not tied to a very long deal - only signed for one season. Same with the coach I was handed. Only problem I see is that by deleting the real life manager I seem to have lowered the threshold for my wage. It's been cut in half!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:52 AM   #1115
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
i would have to think this is a bug since it's happened relatively consistently . . .

a team would come in for one of my players -- maybe inquiry, maybe actual offer -- i would respond with a counter. the player would get unhappy due to me not allowing them to move.

i counter-offered. and these players are unhappy that i rejected the offer and did not allow them to move. this is getting irritating.

I haven't had that one happen yet. Crappy.

I do hate putting "reject all offers" for a guy and then every in-game day have to reject inquiries. Screw off wankers! He is not for sale!
Old 12-30-2007, 02:52 AM   #1116
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

In old versions, there used to be a comment that the player was frustrated with you for giving him an unrealistic value
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:54 AM   #1117
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:

I've noticed a lot of similarities of the real world universe with the fake universe. It looks like, to me that the players are all fake players but the attributes are all the same. IE the Los Angeles Galaxy have an old Portuguese defender as well as an aging English star in the MF and an overpaid primadonna AMC/F
Old 12-30-2007, 07:36 AM   #1118
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
That's not a bug.

The Penalty Kicker CANNOT touch the ball untill/unless another player touches it. It's a foul if they do. This is to prevent the PKer from taking a dribble and beating the goalie who's dived to stop a shot.

dude, THANK YOU for saying that cuz that was the icing on the cake last night. I appreciate it, now I can go back to enjoying the game and the other 'lil bugs.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 12-30-2007, 10:36 AM   #1119
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Alright, I caved and bought the D2D digital download version of WWSM, updated with the patch but I'm experiencing crashes all over the place when either saving or simming.

Anyone else have issues with this?

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the mods I've added, specifically a 'Susie' made competition and awards update file but I would like to uninstall and reinstall the game first to do some troubleshooting.

Question is: where/how do I delicense the game when uninstalling or is this even necessary?
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #1120
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSkillz View Post
Alright, I caved and bought the D2D digital download version of WWSM, updated with the patch but I'm experiencing crashes all over the place when either saving or simming.

Anyone else have issues with this?

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the mods I've added, specifically a 'Susie' made competition and awards update file but I would like to uninstall and reinstall the game first to do some troubleshooting.

Question is: where/how do I delicense the game when uninstalling or is this even necessary?
I haven't had even a single issue. I think you've got the right idea, however
  1. uninstall the game completely
  2. re-install it to the basic 8.0.0 version
  3. make sure it works
  4. apply the 8.0.1 patch
  5. make sure it works
  6. keep going

I'll bet you find that an add-on is the culprit...
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #1121
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

So with D2D you download the 8.0.0 version, and then have to patch it? Shouldn't you just be downloading 8.0.1 by itself now? That is what happens with the other download one (can't remember their stupid name) that I used. When I had to reinstall the game I didn't have to download the patch, it was already 8.0.1.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #1122
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
So with D2D you download the 8.0.0 version, and then have to patch it? Shouldn't you just be downloading 8.0.1 by itself now? That is what happens with the other download one (can't remember their stupid name) that I used. When I had to reinstall the game I didn't have to download the patch, it was already 8.0.1.

Yeah, maybe it's different with Boonty but with D2D, they only have the 8.0.0 version and I had to seperately download the patch.

Anyone know if I have to unlicense the game before reinstalling?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:35 PM   #1123
highfiveoh
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, maybe it's different with Boonty but with D2D, they only have the 8.0.0 version and I had to seperately download the patch.

Anyone know if I have to unlicense the game before reinstalling?

I wouldn't and I'm not even sure it's possible. That's what I don't like about these non-eLicense companies. You can't manually control your licenses.
Old 12-30-2007, 01:50 PM   #1124
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I ran out of gas wading through this 23-page thread...

Amazon has World Wide Soccer Manager as their deal of the day for $16.99, and I'm thinking of getting it. I'm wondering though, are there any advantages to having the Football Manager version of the game? I know they are the same game, but in the past patches came out faster for Football Manager, and if I remember correctly, there were unofficial utilities that only worked for the Football Manager version. Wondering if that is still the case.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #1125
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz View Post
Sorry if this has been asked before, but I ran out of gas wading through this 23-page thread...

Amazon has World Wide Soccer Manager as their deal of the day for $16.99, and I'm thinking of getting it. I'm wondering though, are there any advantages to having the Football Manager version of the game? I know they are the same game, but in the past patches came out faster for Football Manager, and if I remember correctly, there were unofficial utilities that only worked for the Football Manager version. Wondering if that is still the case.

not particularly. Nothing to make the price-difference that worth it if amazon has it for 16.99
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 04:24 PM   #1126
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

my boy fred had a 4-game span earlier in the year where he was 6-5-6-5 with zero goals and a nasty red card that resulted in a 3-game suspension.

Since his return he's been lighting it up though... 14 goals in 8 games (including hat tricks in the last 3 games straight).

He's now 31 goals in 36 appearances (plus 10 assists).
Old 12-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #1127
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
not particularly. Nothing to make the price-difference that worth it if amazon has it for 16.99

Thanks!

Buying now.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:13 PM   #1128
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yeah - if the price difference was more like $5-9 and shipping being the same, I'd get FM, but that's just too sweet of a deal to pass up.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:22 PM   #1129
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I haven't had even a single issue. I think you've got the right idea, however
  1. uninstall the game completely
  2. re-install it to the basic 8.0.0 version
  3. make sure it works
  4. apply the 8.0.1 patch
  5. make sure it works
  6. keep going
I'll bet you find that an add-on is the culprit...

Well, I've done a clean uninstall, reinstalled and I'm still getting crashes after putting the 8.0.1 patch in. I didn't seem to have any crash issues with the 8.0.0 version but perhaps I didn't test long enough.

So it's not any third party stuff causing the problem so I'm wondering if it's my monitor...

I just got a widescreen 22" LCD and I'm running at 1680x1050 resolution. I've tried running in both windowed mode and full screen, and I've crashed out of both. Maybe it's also a video driver issue?

Another strange thing but maybe this is what happens when you get WWSM instead of FM...I have the 8.0.1 installed but when I click on 'Check for Updates' it says there's an updated version available but it can't find it in the database.

I'm so frustrated right now I can't get the game to work for any period of time.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #1130
highfiveoh
Banned

Quote:
Well, I've done a clean uninstall, reinstalled and I'm still getting crashes after putting the 8.0.1 patch in. I didn't seem to have any crash issues with the 8.0.0 version but perhaps I didn't test long enough.

So it's not any third party stuff causing the problem so I'm wondering if it's my monitor...

I just got a widescreen 22" LCD and I'm running at 1680x1050 resolution. I've tried running in both windowed mode and full screen, and I've crashed out of both. Maybe it's also a video driver issue?

Another strange thing but maybe this is what happens when you get WWSM instead of FM...I have the 8.0.1 installed but when I click on 'Check for Updates' it says there's an updated version available but it can't find it in the database.

I'm so frustrated right now I can't get the game to work for any period of time.

Are you sure you downloaded the right patch (and not the WWSM boxed one)? Just want to ask to make sure that's not what's wrong. Perhaps you'd have many more problems if you didn't, so maybe that's not even possible. The 'Check for Updates' thing is useless, pay no attention to that.

Last edited by highfiveoh : 12-30-2007 at 05:32 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:06 PM   #1131
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

FWIW, I have the DD from D2D and I got the 8.0.1 patch via torrent from the link provided in the SI forums.

Where did you DL the 8.0.1 patch?
Old 12-30-2007, 06:10 PM   #1132
MrBug708
Head Coach

ANy luck with the tactic Todd? (I think it wasyou who was interested in it)
Old 12-30-2007, 06:35 PM   #1133
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Just got a chance to start playing tonight - so far I've won 2 in a row, 5-3 and 3-0, so I like it a lot. I'm in the PLA 2nd division, so the competition isn't particularly good, but it's been fun.

Speaking of which, it is DAMN hard to get promoted out of the 2nd Level in the PLA (which mimics Norway's league setup). There are 4 separate divisions in the 2nd Level, and only the top team in each division promoted, so each year you're competing with the team relegated from the American Championship. The difference in team quality is pretty big, so I'm having a hard time breaking through - lots o fun!

Last edited by Toddzilla : 12-30-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #1134
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

So this was annoying - as Man City, I had a player turn me down because he wanted the opportunity to play in Europe - so he signed with Liverpool. This would be great, except I finished 3rd - one place above Liverpool, and with a quicker route to the Champions League. So yeah, that's a bug of sorts.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 07:38 PM   #1135
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
So this was annoying - as Man City, I had a player turn me down because he wanted the opportunity to play in Europe - so he signed with Liverpool. This would be great, except I finished 3rd - one place above Liverpool, and with a quicker route to the Champions League. So yeah, that's a bug of sorts.

sounds like what he really meant was "i want the opportunity to play in europe year after year, not a one-off"
Old 12-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #1136
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Are you sure you downloaded the right patch (and not the WWSM boxed one)? Just want to ask to make sure that's not what's wrong. Perhaps you'd have many more problems if you didn't, so maybe that's not even possible. The 'Check for Updates' thing is useless, pay no attention to that.

I definitely downloaded the DD version of the patch and actually have tried both the regular link and the mirror site as well through the SI forums thread right here.

Maybe I'll try the torrent link next. Interesting that they talk about Boonty, IGN and eSellerate but not D2D when talking about the Digital Download patch and interesting still that D2D doesn't have a patch on their site.

But as Toddzilla said, he has the D2D version and patched without trouble. I'll keep pounding away here and hope something works out. Thanks for all the help guys...it's much appreciated.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:39 PM   #1137
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

I've run a couple of diagnostic programs on my computer and found a couple of errors. I also updated my video driver (at least copied over my existing one ) and have successfully gone two months into a test session without an issue while saving daily.

We'll see if it holds up. Thanks again for everyone's help!

Last edited by NoSkillz : 12-30-2007 at 08:40 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #1138
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

My team may be on the verge of driving me insane. Season two in SD1 and 15 games in. I am 8-0-7. For crying out loud, I can't turn a loss into a draw for squat. I kind of had one, but I "lost" 3 games last night when my computer locked up (not game related). It pissed me off because those three game I had gone 2-1-0, with the draw on the road against undefeated Dundee United. When I load up my last save I end up going 1-0-2.

At that point I was about to reach into my laptop and crush whatever felt like the size of the little circles that are supposed to be players. The the turn around I thought I had before the lost games finally came. Led by Joshua Home-Jackson at striker who out of nowhere blew up with 8-9-9-8 ratings over 4 games and scoring 7 goals with 1 assist. This is his second year on my team and he splits time with my Captain. Both are decent guys but I have to bring in a striker on loan to get consistent great play from one spot and help raise the level of those guys. He just earned himself more playing time I think. My 4 game win streak did come to an end though when he finally got cold with a big fat 6. This was after two weeks of the media worshiping him. He is only 20, so it was bound to go to his head.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #1139
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
In old versions, there used to be a comment that the player was frustrated with you for giving him an unrealistic value
yup, aware of that one. had that, too. but, as you said, in old versions. in this, none of the counters i have made for cesc, rosicky or vela have become their "asking price" (like in old versions) so it couldn't be their unrealistic values.
Old 12-30-2007, 10:25 PM   #1140
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz View Post
Amazon has World Wide Soccer Manager as their deal of the day for $16.99, and I'm thinking of getting it.

Thanks for the heads up. I purchased WWSM today after I discovered that it was indeed $16.99 despite not seeing it listed as a deal of the day anywhere on the site. Thanks again!
Old 12-30-2007, 10:33 PM   #1141
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I purchased WWSM today after I discovered that it was indeed $16.99 despite not seeing it listed as a deal of the day anywhere on the site. Thanks again!

No problem. Glad to help out. It's been tempting me at $19.99 for the longest time, but $16.99 was just too good to pass up.
Old 12-31-2007, 03:34 AM   #1142
daedalus
Pro Rookie

hmmmmm. so . . . with 6 months left on their deals, players are able to negotiate a pre-contract with teams.

except i can't with any players in the premiership. obi mikel came available since he has 6 months left on his contract . . . and i have no option to sign him. why?
Old 12-31-2007, 06:57 AM   #1143
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I'm gambling a bit right now on my current team. I'm now coaching Giugiano (sp?) in the C2/B league in Italy. I've picked up 4 players for 1,200/week salaries. This has put me 4K over my salary budget of 14K for the team. Currently, the gamble appears to be paying off. While the board is not too happy about the financial debt, my team is leading the league at the halfway point of the season, which they are very excited about. Overall, my feedback level is 'satisfied'. My performance in the Italy cup also drew rave reviews, as my team managed to advance out of the group stage and make the 1st round, before losing on away goals on a tiebreaker.

My hope at this point is that my team can win the division and advance to the next level, which should help the financial situation. If not, I'll likely end up as one of the best coaches from a W/L perspective with a horrible rating for my financial dealings as a coach. Pray for me.

For those curious how this ended up, my gamble paid off in spades. I ended up winning my league and moving up to a C1 league. My financial rating was horrible as I lost nearly 250K for the season, but the fans and board members were thrilled with my league championship.

My salary level was moved from 14K to 37K (I currently have 26K in salaries) and I'm currently the #1 team in the C1 league thanks to a mega-striker who's hung 15 goals in 11 appearances against better competition. My attendance is also up 2K per game. This has allowed me to profit 50K a month, which means my entire debt of 350K from the start of the year should be totally gone by February/March. By the end of the season, I should have plenty of transfer money available to pick up a couple of key additions to push towards a C1 championship next year.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 07:30 AM   #1144
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
hmmmmm. so . . . with 6 months left on their deals, players are able to negotiate a pre-contract with teams.

except i can't with any players in the premiership. obi mikel came available since he has 6 months left on his contract . . . and i have no option to sign him. why?

The rule in England is 1 month for players already in England.
Old 12-31-2007, 09:16 AM   #1145
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman View Post
The rule in England is 1 month for players already in England.

I was wondering the same thing as daedalus since it's always been like that in past version of the game but now there were players where I could offer a contract and some I couldn't. Just didn't realize these were all in England. dacman's explanation would make sense and show that it's now better represented in the game...

FM
Old 12-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #1146
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
My team may be on the verge of driving me insane. Season two in SD1 and 15 games in. I am 8-0-7. For crying out loud, I can't turn a loss into a draw for squat. I kind of had one, but I "lost" 3 games last night when my computer locked up (not game related). It pissed me off because those three game I had gone 2-1-0, with the draw on the road against undefeated Dundee United. When I load up my last save I end up going 1-0-2.

In my 18th game of the season I finally have a game end in a draw. I am thinking that is the longest I have ever gone without a draw. My team is just so up or down it is driving me nuts. I shouldn't complain too much as I sit in 3rd place in SD1. What sucks is Dundee United, who was just relegated from the SPL for this season, are dominating and 11 points ahead of me with only one loss. If I can start avoiding some of these losses with draws I would feel much better though. My goal is just to finish better then last year, which was 5th.

I am starting to think that if I finish better then 5th, and the board won't make any improvements to the stadium or training facilities next year, I may look to move on. The media has been asking me about jobs again this year, one in the Championship League and one in Germany (which surprised me, I am a Scot/English with no connection to Germany). My stadium still only holds 1400 or so and I am at the bottom of league attendance because of that. Plus, with better training facilities I could get more out of my guys. I have a 19 yr old MC who could be a great player and want to maximize his potential.
Old 12-31-2007, 12:22 PM   #1147
MrBug708
Head Coach

I do hope that the next patch takes care of the board's response to losses. I had the board upset about a friendly loss for 2 months!
Old 12-31-2007, 12:42 PM   #1148
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Is the board *really* upset about the things you guys are mentioning? I've got a smilar complaint -- that a guy I loaned in hasn't really shown himself to be doing much. My theory is that it seems like they're holding on to some complaints for a long time because they have to say something -- where I looked, there were three lines. The first line was the overall impression, the second line was something they liked about my coaching, and the third line was something they didn't like. Maybe they have to have something to complain about, and that's the best they can come up with?

FTR, I understand that a friendly shouldn't be complained about at all -- they whined about me losing a friendy to a "rival" too.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:49 PM   #1149
SackAttack
Head Coach

Well that was unexpected. We drew Valencia 2-2 in the knockout leg of the Champions League at my place, and I went to their place basically hoping we could score a couple so that we'd lose clean, not on away goals.

They had a man sent off after we were up 2-nil, and while we gave up three goals to them despite the man advantage, we scored another four of our own, and waltzed away as 6-3 away winners and 8-5 aggregate winners.

Hat trick from my starting striker capped it.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:59 PM   #1150
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Is the board *really* upset about the things you guys are mentioning? I've got a smilar complaint -- that a guy I loaned in hasn't really shown himself to be doing much. My theory is that it seems like they're holding on to some complaints for a long time because they have to say something -- where I looked, there were three lines. The first line was the overall impression, the second line was something they liked about my coaching, and the third line was something they didn't like. Maybe they have to have something to complain about, and that's the best they can come up with?

FTR, I understand that a friendly shouldn't be complained about at all -- they whined about me losing a friendy to a "rival" too.

I really have no problems with the complaints right now. As I see it, very few are complaints from the Board itself, but the board telling you about the fans concerns. After seeing a Titan fan complain about his team in the playoffs last night, it is clear that fans can be a little unreasonable or unpredictable at times.....