Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #1101
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Sure, I'll step up.

WORK ON CARPENTRY
WORK ON CARPENTRY

And for the record, I wasn't jumping on you about why you haven't voted. Defensive much? I was saying that you can help gain trust from the village, if you put work in on the Cathedral.

Yes, I am defensive, b/c no one else in this game has doubted me, and I really went out on a limb yesterday when I revealed. I was on Lathum's side and he turned out to be good. And to all of a sudden get called out like that is just BS in my opinion. It'd be one thing if you had valid reasons, like we do with NC, Anxiety, etc...but you don't.

But hey, it's WW - it's just a game and I don't take it personally, however I do play the game and play to win.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #1102
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

You have to look at it MY way. If this was normal werewolf, I would have been more inclined to believe your reveal.

I'm definitely looking at it your way. I'm just showing everyone that your victory conditions deviate from the village's.

Quote:
As it is, why would an angel try to save another angel

I cut off your sentence there. Why do you think an angel would try to save another angel? Maybe because the demons' victory condition includes killing the angels?

Quote:
I'm sorry Pass. But I have to stick with my gut

No need to apologize. It's not like I'm asking you to have faith in me or anything -- I'm just pointing out the facts, and outlining the best course of action.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #1103
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post

But hey, it's WW - it's just a game and I don't take it personally, however I do play the game and play to win.

That's a weird comment. Do you think I'm asking you to play to lose?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #1104
RendeR
Coordinator

You're all DOOOOMED

DOOOOOOOOOMED i say

DOOOOOOOMED!
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #1105
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
And for the record, I wasn't jumping on you about why you haven't voted. Defensive much? I was saying that you can help gain trust from the village, if you put work in on the Cathedral.

She doesn't need to "gain trust from the village", she's already trusted by everyone but you apparently. Olie has made good decisions for the village all game.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #1106
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
You're all DOOOOMED

DOOOOOOOOOMED i say

DOOOOOOOMED!

Damn, for a dead guy, you sure are noisy!
Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #1107
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Damn, for a dead guy, you sure are noisy!

Yeah when I died Lucifer gave me this megaphone to pay with.....
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 AM   #1108
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Good morning. I see RendeR is still occasionlly posting.

Tonight is Magic Night over at a friend;s house. I will b leaving at around 3 pm and won;t be coming back until around 3 am.

That gives me around 3 hours here, eating food, and do soem writing with a short storyt that U want to do.

I suspect that most of today will resemble yesterday. Quiet, a lot of boring attacks. because we are in a holding pattern after having no observbations last night.

In other news, take a look at this:

Fix teh Cathedral today - kil either Angel or Demon, doesn't matter.
N5 they have to sabotage it again
D6 - Fix it again. Kill either angel or demon, doesn;t matter
N6 - They can no longer sabotage it. Kill someone.
D7 - We win. They can no longer sabotage the cathedral.

Basically, we are winning this game on 7 as long as we don't get silly and whack villagers during lynch time.

So,

Vote StCronin
Vote StCronin

Have fune

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #1109
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I cut off your sentence there. Why do you think an angel would try to save another angel? Maybe because the demons' victory condition includes killing the angels?

Which is what's troubling me. There's no reason for you reveal if you're an angel.

If I were an angel, I would have let them lynch Gabriel, knowing that I needed to hide from the demons and they would need to get lucky to nail me, or else they'll know two angels instead of just the one that Lucifer actually knew from the beginning.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #1110
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I know you might be telling the truth, Pass, but how do I know that you're not a demon who lucked out that Michah isn't in this game?

Forgot to reply to this. If I'm not an angel, it's not only "the real Michah" that would be able to out me. It could be any of the other angels.

At this point, the demons have decided that they don't need to make a fake reveal as an angel -- we'll see how that plays out, and if they change their mind.

I've been pretty open about wanting this Cathedral built all game -- that's the angels victory condition. I've put in an IRREVERSIBLE action to build the cathedral, rather than get involved in all the politicking -- which has been very important in these past two days of intense voting. All the evidence points toward me being an angel.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #1111
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Which is what's troubling me. There's no reason for you reveal if you're an angel.

If I were an angel, I would have let them lynch Gabriel, knowing that I needed to hide from the demons and they would need to get lucky to nail me, or else they'll know two angels instead of just the one that Lucifer actually knew from the beginning.

It was a tough choice, deciding whether to do that. And I give you credit for making me feel like my hand was forced in the matter, by going into detail about how you believed Anxiety's signal several days later, over cronin's which was made the next day. As saldana said, that could not have been a mistake -- the e and i are nowhere near each other on the keyboard (unless cronin uses one of those DVORAK keyboards, which I could see him doing -- I don't know where e and i are on those).
Old 10-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #1112
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Just looked it up. The middle row of a DVORAK keyboard is AOEUI -- so e and i are two away from each other. Not right next to each other, but not as far away as on the QWERTY.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:20 AM   #1113
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Learn something new every day -- I always thought it was called DVORAK because those were the upper left keys on the keyboard (like QWERTY), and that it was just a coincidence that the last name matched the composer. But I guess it doesn't look like that at all, and is just named after another guy named Dvorak.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #1114
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Just looked it up. The middle row of a DVORAK keyboard is AOEUI -- so e and i are two away from each other. Not right next to each other, but not as far away as on the QWERTY.

See, it's not a matter of was st.cronin's intentional or not. I know it was intentional. Problem is, Lucifer also reads my prayers.

When cronin did his "reveal", he could have simply added the "Ni!", or tried to call me out, and he would have given the sign that he WAS Gabriel. There were no other reason for cronin not to, considering, if he was Gabriel, he knew I was the only non-angel and non-demon that would have been able to confirm, and there was no reason not to use it immediately after his reveal.

As it is, it was Anxiety who was the first to say the word after the reveals as Gabriel, and he said it correctly, with the same format.

Compound this with your reveal, which I found to be completely un-necessary, you do understand why I'm having a hard time believing st.cronin and you, right?

I am most likely going to be voting for cronin tonight.
If I'm wrong about that, then we kill off Anxiety tomorrow.

Either way, like I said yesterday, before Alan's duking of Lathum, we're going find out, and base our next actions after really figuring out who's who.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #1115
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
See, it's not a matter of was st.cronin's intentional or not. I know it was intentional. Problem is, Lucifer also reads my prayers.

If you're using this in your agrument, why does the formatting matter?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #1116
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
If you're using this in your agrument, why does the formatting matter?

It's a minor part of my reasons. The fact that Anxiety used the proper formatting, AND did call me out when he revealed are compounding factors that lead me to believe that he is more likely to be Gabriel than st.cronin.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:50 AM   #1117
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
She doesn't need to "gain trust from the village", she's already trusted by everyone but you apparently. Olie has made good decisions for the village all game.

Apparently, AlanT has also made a blanket statement that we're all part of an axis of evil.

Old 10-19-2007, 12:24 PM   #1118
Passacaglia
Coordinator

PB, I saw that you were in the thread earlier this morning. You were like me in that you didn't get a vote in, since you worked on the cathedral in the morning. What are your thoughts? I'd like you to join me in working on it again.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:28 PM   #1119
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Pass, I'm not quite sure what route I'm going. IF you are a demon, I see value in getting people to tie up their actions in work so the village can be picked off. However, IF you are an angel (never thought I would call you angel, haha!), I can see the win-condition aspect of this. I'm hoping for some more villager discussion regarding our win set. I saw Anxiety's post, at least I think it was his, outlining possible villager win conditions but not quite sure that works. Turning it over now.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #1120
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Pass, I'm not quite sure what route I'm going. IF you are a demon, I see value in getting people to tie up their actions in work so the village can be picked off. However, IF you are an angel (never thought I would call you angel, haha!), I can see the win-condition aspect of this. I'm hoping for some more villager discussion regarding our win set. I saw Anxiety's post, at least I think it was his, outlining possible villager win conditions but not quite sure that works. Turning it over now.

Let me know if you need me to shoot holed in Anxiety's post. I'd prefer that you do it yourself, but if not, I can help.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:35 PM   #1121
Passacaglia
Coordinator

that should be holes, not holed
Old 10-19-2007, 12:36 PM   #1122
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

holes

huhhuh
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 12:41 PM   #1123
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Huhuhuh, I'm the carpenter, I work with wood...
Old 10-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #1124
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Sorry, had to jump in on the Beavis and Butthead moment.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:05 PM   #1125
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I'm a little worried about voting shenanigans, but I'll forego one vote to keep the cathedral moving along, something which was very nearly neglected yesterday.

WORK ON CARPENTRY

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #1126
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Dola, I'll be inclined to put my other action into work as well, but I want to keep it in reserve for the time being in case it's needed.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 01:08 PM   #1127
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
Dola, I'll be inclined to put my other action into work as well, but I want to keep it in reserve for the time being in case it's needed.

I can understand that. Besides, every little bit helps. One more finishes it, and another helps make sure no one is faking their work.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:30 PM   #1128
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I can understand that. Besides, every little bit helps. One more finishes it, and another helps make sure no one is faking their work.

Incorrect actually. We currently have three units dedicated (your two and Wednesday's one) and we need a total of six. This leaves us three shy of meeting it and one shy of getting extra unless I have missed two actions somewhere.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:31 PM   #1129
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Incorrect actually. We currently have three units dedicated (your two and Wednesday's one) and we need a total of six. This leaves us three shy of meeting it and one shy of getting extra unless I have missed two actions somewhere.

Sorry -- I was assuming that when cronin shows up, he would work on the cathedral.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #1130
Passacaglia
Coordinator

That said, I still think it's a good idea for you to put both your actions into working on the Cathedral, PB.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #1131
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Heading home -- have to run some errands, but should be back before deadline.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 PM   #1132
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

So have we decided, as a village, who we are lynching tonight? Last I checked it was between Anxiety and Cronin...
Old 10-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #1133
jeheinz72
Pro Rookie

Can't help this one. Fun game to watch folks.

Not that I care for her, but:
jeheinz72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 03:25 PM   #1134
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Alright guys, I'm going to be gone for the evening. If you don't know, I teach English and I've got the opportunity to go to a reading and meet and greet with author Nick Hornby (wrote High Fidelity, About a Boy, and several other solid books). So here are my actions, hopefully they help the village. Also, my night action will be in play tonight.

Work on carpentry
Work on carpentry
Old 10-19-2007, 04:17 PM   #1135
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So have we decided, as a village, who we are lynching tonight? Last I checked it was between Anxiety and Cronin...

Yeah, those are still the choices. Basically who do you believe?
Old 10-19-2007, 04:18 PM   #1136
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

The villagers have decided to lynch Anxiety.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:22 PM   #1137
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Alright guys, I'm going to be gone for the evening. If you don't know, I teach English and I've got the opportunity to go to a reading and meet and greet with author Nick Hornby (wrote High Fidelity, About a Boy, and several other solid books). So here are my actions, hopefully they help the village. Also, my night action will be in play tonight.

Work on carpentry
Work on carpentry

Very cool, PB! Will they ever make a good movie out of one of his books? I saw High Fidelity but haven't read it -- the movie was so-so. I read Fever Pitch and *loved* it -- I haven't seen the movie, but based on the commercials, it looked like a steaming pile of crap. The only one where I've read the book and seen the movie was About a Boy, which was a good book, but I absolutely hated the movie.

And nice work on the Cathedral!
Old 10-19-2007, 04:30 PM   #1138
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
The villagers have decided to lynch Anxiety.

Can you tell me where/when this was decided and agreed upon? I haven't seen any votes placed today...
Old 10-19-2007, 04:43 PM   #1139
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'm putting in my votes now. I'll probably be gone for an hour or two. I'm going the way I went yesterday, hoping that my gut feeling is right.

Vote st.cronin

Vote st.cronin

Everyone else can vote for what they think is right. Like I said yesterday, we kill Lucifer today or tomorrow. I hope it's today.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:46 PM   #1140
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Can you tell me where/when this was decided and agreed upon? I haven't seen any votes placed today...

I guess it was agreed upon last night, when the villagers voted for Anxiety, 9-7. Obviously, there will be some differences between last night's vote and this one. For one, Lathum is gone, so that's two less votes for Anxiety. But Alan T is around, and has votes for Anxiety in now, so that's those two back (provided he doesn't change his vote). PB and I are still workin' on the Cathedral, but we did that yesterday, so that's even. Wednesday had two votes for Anxiety yesterday, but put in some work today, so that's one less vote for Anxiety. Path sounds like he's more interested in lynching cronin than building the cathedral, which he spent one action doing yesterday, so that's one more vote for cronin. Assuming everyone else votes the same, that makes it 8-8. Schmidty put in one vote for Anxiety, and if he remembers that he can vote twice today ( don't worry man, I had a day where I forgot I had two actions, too ), it would be 9-8 Anxiety. Oh, also, cronin will probably just work on the Cathedral, so that's two less votes for Anxiety. 8-7, cronin will get lynched.

Then there's you, OG -- you put in votes on cronin because you were following public opinion, which you seem to be looking to do again. I'm not sure why you're so concerned now with what everyone else thinks, when this morning, you were so strong-willed in your perception of being forced into something. Anyway, you had 2 votes on cronin, before I vouched for him -- so I can understand that, and never called you out for it. If you keep them on cronin, and everything else goes like I said above, it stays 8-7 cronin. And if you switch, it goes 9-6 Anxiety. But if you're looking for a measure of the rest of the village, if you simply take your votes out -- again, based on yesterday's vote, with alterations based on what's happened this morning, and the assumption that path is going to vote cronin twice -- it's Anxiety 7, cronin 6.

There have been four votes placed today -- two for cronin (by Anxiety) and two for Anxiety (by Alan T).
Old 10-19-2007, 04:47 PM   #1141
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm putting in my votes now. I'll probably be gone for an hour or two. I'm going the way I went yesterday, hoping that my gut feeling is right.

Vote st.cronin

Vote st.cronin

Everyone else can vote for what they think is right. Like I said yesterday, we kill Lucifer today or tomorrow. I hope it's today.

Didn't see that coming. And thanks for ruining my informal vote count.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:59 PM   #1142
st.cronin
General Manager

It doesn't matter which of me or Anxiety gets lynched today, AS LONG AS WE DON'T LYNCH A VILLAGER!!!!

Question for Barkeep: Does Cathedral work process even if the player gets lynched? In other words, if I work on the cathedral, and get lynched, does my work still count?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 05:07 PM   #1143
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Quote:
I'm not sure why you're so concerned now with what everyone else thinks, when this morning, you were so strong-willed in your perception of being forced into something.

You know, Pass, I'm getting really tired of your nasty comments. I ask a simple question, and I get sarcasm and snide attitude from you. I'm trying to help, I'm trying to win the game for the villagers...hopefully just like you are.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:08 PM   #1144
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
You know, Pass, I'm getting really tired of your nasty comments. I ask a simple question, and I get sarcasm and snide attitude from you. I'm trying to help, I'm trying to win the game for the villagers...hopefully just like you are.

Sorry -- I thought you said you didn't take it personally. No offense intended.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:12 PM   #1145
st.cronin
General Manager

As usual, I vehemently disagree with Alan's analysis. I believe that path is probably a villager. I think his explanation makes sense. I think that lynching Neon does us no good.

I also think that saldana is likely a demon, having thought over that day 2 sequence some more. Unless Neon can explain how saldana knew the codeword, which he obviously did.

What areas of work on the cathedral still need doing?

knives out
Old 10-19-2007, 05:20 PM   #1146
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
As usual, I vehemently disagree with Alan's analysis. I believe that path is probably a villager. I think his explanation makes sense. I think that lynching Neon does us no good.

I also think that saldana is likely a demon, having thought over that day 2 sequence some more. Unless Neon can explain how saldana knew the codeword, which he obviously did.

What areas of work on the cathedral still need doing?

There were 6 units of carpentry that needed doing when the day started. I've done 2, PB has done 2, and Wednesday has done 1. Provided none of them are faking, we need one more. But the more the better.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:24 PM   #1147
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok:

WORK ON CARPENTRY

WORK ON CARPENTRY

knives out
Old 10-19-2007, 05:25 PM   #1148
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

WORK ON CARPENTRY

VOTE ST. CRONIN
Old 10-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #1149
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
WORK ON CARPENTRY

VOTE ST. CRONIN

Thanks for putting the one action in, at least! I think your vote is misplaced, though -- I think it's a bad villager move.
Old 10-19-2007, 05:48 PM   #1150
saldana
Pro Starter

cronin...i dont know how you are coming up with me as a demon, seeing as how i revealed that i worked on the cathedral at night (yes i realize this is unconfirmed), but also after I put the lyhch vote on chief rum instead of you, changed my votes TO Anxiety yesterday to create a tie, which took you off the block for the time being, and lobbied the Bishop to see the error of his ways and not vote for you?

vote anxiety
vote anxiety
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote