Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #1101
RendeR
Coordinator

I came up with Crim based on voting histories of those left over.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #1102
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I like where we're headed, and agree with the conditional order for Crim and/or Alan. I'm pretty tired today and so my brain isn't working at full speed quite yet. Has weekend play been announced? I think we're pretty close to finishing this one up and would love to have the victory in the bag sooner rather than later.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:05 AM   #1103
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Have I voted for saldana yet? If not

Vote saldana
Old 08-17-2007, 11:06 AM   #1104
saldana
Pro Starter

you all are watching textbook alan t right now

when alan has been a wolf in the past, he has typically run off big long posts that point everyone in 7 different directions, so any time an eye turns back to him, he can go on about how helpful he has been and that there are alot better suspects than him to go after (all of which he has introduced) for exhibit A and B, i direct you to post 1083 and 1089.

just be sure to note after i am dead that there was the exact same evidence against him than there was against me.

also, if you are going to believe him over me on the reason that he was first in "clearing" torgo, i again appeal to your sense of logic....

if i were a wolf, and was going to try the strategy that he is saying i used....trying to frame him as a liar, do you all think i would pick HIM as the person i would go after...he is easily the most talkative player in this game, and possibly the most experienced....would it have not made more sense for me to pick one of the names that was cleared by one of the less experienced players, who i would have a better chance of out talking?

just step back and ask yourself if any of this makes any sense for me to act this way.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:08 AM   #1105
saldana
Pro Starter

dola, i guess i dont play enough anymore to have street cred with alot of the newer players....of course, barkeep is voting me too, so i guess i just suck.

ping:schmidty - can i borrow your screen title?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:09 AM   #1106
RendeR
Coordinator

But see, we have this coverd Sal, If you turn up good, Alan dies.

Takes care of it pretty easily.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:12 AM   #1107
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

saldana...one way or another we're going to sort it out.

i do see the point in what you are saying about that. but then why wouldn't you come out MUCH sooner in the game and say "aaah look...alan claimed something that i did" and force the issue right away? it could have given us a Day-1 wolf-lynch. Instead you sat on it and only brought it up later. that to me is suspicious and indicates that maybe you are a wolf and just made a mistake.

i can see both sides of it. either way...we're going to sort it out. if you are the villager, i'm sorry.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #1108
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Day 4 deadline will be Saturday 6 PM Eastern. I'm not sure when I'll be around to process actions, though. Day 5 deadline will be Monday 6 PM Eastern.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:24 AM   #1109
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Guys, make sure to hide in the rooms located in Rows 2 and 3. Any column would be alright.

Let's avoid hiding in the rooms with secret passageways.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:27 AM   #1110
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
Guys, make sure to hide in the rooms located in Rows 2 and 3. Any column would be alright.

Why? And doesn't it considerably cut down the number of rooms the wolves have to look in if they can assume we're all in those two rows?
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:29 AM   #1111
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hmmm

ntndeacon went byebye without a word

well not completely with out a word
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #1112
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
well not completely with out a word

true. he said he hello.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:32 AM   #1113
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

i disagree. spread out. no sense in clustering for the wolves.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:36 AM   #1114
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what are your thoughts on things ntn?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:37 AM   #1115
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
in that case...how about this: people volunteer to be scanned

that way if RendeR dies we know who he was scanning that night and that they must be a wolf

any downsides to this?

You can scan me whenever you want.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:39 AM   #1116
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I just realized my mistake. Stupid.

Sorry.

JUST HIDE!

:d
Old 08-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #1117
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I just realized my mistake. Stupid.

Sorry.

JUST HIDE!

:d

silly neon_chaos!!
Old 08-17-2007, 11:42 AM   #1118
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
(also leading to Path's explosion during the afternoon where he commented on it but also added you and Render to the list.

Actually it was DT and Telle. Render was just the person who decided to argue with me about it.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:45 AM   #1119
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Actually it was DT and Telle. Render was just the person who decided to argue with me about it.

So why was I on your list?
Old 08-17-2007, 11:50 AM   #1120
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
saldana...one way or another we're going to sort it out.

i do see the point in what you are saying about that. but then why wouldn't you come out MUCH sooner in the game and say "aaah look...alan claimed something that i did" and force the issue right away? it could have given us a Day-1 wolf-lynch. Instead you sat on it and only brought it up later. that to me is suspicious and indicates that maybe you are a wolf and just made a mistake.

i can see both sides of it. either way...we're going to sort it out. if you are the villager, i'm sorry.

to be honest, i didnt even notice until day 2...if you go back, i actually missed the vote on day one, which i dont think has ever happened before, and i also didnt stay in the thread late on the night before, because i didnt feel like dealing with CR. so like i said, i didnt even notice the list until the next day when i got caught up....i had all of 2 posts during that time.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:58 AM   #1121
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
So why was I on your list?

You checked in as nameless but later posted uncleared people with Peacock in it.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:59 AM   #1122
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:

This seems like a not very good idea at all. we should stay as ranmdon as possible. Even with us having a great advantage now, why give the wolves even a chance to come back even a little.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:01 PM   #1123
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:

no offense, but I'm not telling anyone where I'm hiding and this idea just helps the wolves.

plus we all don't have what rooms have secret passageways either.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:04 PM   #1124
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
what are your thoughts on things ntn?

Well, first off we will definately have one wolf after today. This Alan/saldana thing has to have a wolf.

I think someone mentioned that Plum would get eaten if he scanned a wolf, but remember Pass said differently. So if we are lucky, we get another wolf tonight without losing Plum.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #1125
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I appreciate Saldana trying to take an additional life with his death with a final last gasp of breath, but his logic really makes little sense.

He comments that as a wolf he wouldn't have made the play he did, and that I'm showing how expert of a wolf I am... but if that was the case, why would I have made the play I did? I would randomly throw out the name of another good person in a lie at the very start of things giving ample opportunity to get myself lynched on day 1? It just makes no sense.

The far simpler explanation generally is the correct one. We had put a good amount of pressure on Cronin all day, he was already in danger with or without your vote of going down, and without any real good way to combat it, you try to take one of the people most vocal in putting heat on him out with your fake reveal. You put your vote on Cronin as a way to distance him from you once you turn out bad, and you create enough comotion to hopefully give people a different avenue to pursue instead.

I still stand by my original statement, I would like to live beyond day 3 (since that seems the magical day for me in WW games), but the more important thing this game is ensuring this Saldana vs me thing is taken care of. The conditional night kill order from Mrs.white takes care of this and so now it doesn't matter to the village which order Sal and I are killed in, as long as you make sure the wolf is killed. I'd prefer to not be killed and hopefully gain trust after today's lynch, but I'll leave that up to the village to decide.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 12:07 PM   #1126
SnDvls
Pro Starter

I think Mrs. White should reveal their target until the last possible moment...it keeps the wolves on their toes...

let's say Alan is a wolf and Mrs. White says, "I'm killing Alan tonight" the wolves know that all they have to do is target Mrs. White no matter where that player is and get an automatic kill plus they get a shot at one of us too with a room guess.

If Mrs. White waits to make their action public then the wolves won't have an automatic hit and will only be guesses at that point.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:10 PM   #1127
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Mrs. White I urge you to consider multiple options and not make it public until just after deadline (you can PM Pass your action when ever you want as long as it is before deadline)

This keeps the wolves on their toes and could give us more to work with in addition to keeping our numbers up.

I don't think anyone here would fault you if you picked someone else if it leads us to clearing/damning someone else.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:13 PM   #1128
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
He comments that as a wolf he wouldn't have made the play he did, and that I'm showing how expert of a wolf I am... but if that was the case, why would I have made the play I did? I would randomly throw out the name of another good person in a lie at the very start of things giving ample opportunity to get myself lynched on day 1? It just makes no sense.

Just to play devil's advocate for a second, it's my recollection that when you put out your clues there was no indication at that time as to whether there were duplicate clues or not.

Not that it matters. It's likely one of you are bad and we'll find out soon enough which.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #1129
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Just to play devil's advocate for a second, it's my recollection that when you put out your clues there was no indication at that time as to whether there were duplicate clues or not.

Not that it matters. It's likely one of you are bad and we'll find out soon enough which.

I guess I just assumed that it was a known thing based on the Clue game this is fashioned after. Even that question alone makes you wonder why DaddyTorgo then? And then it just happened to be circumstantial that Saldana ended up with my name and DaddyTorgo's name? I fully understand that people can't trust me much more than him, I just would like for people to consider I've lined out exactly the course I have taken this game, and despite what Saldana says, I have absolutley not pointed everyone 7 different ways this game. I started day 1 off no lynch, not knowing where to go. Day 2 I pushed people to go after Cronin with my trap using Chief Rum as bait (which Chief even commented on at the time subtly giving back his approval to me with his comments about me), and then I accused Saldana.

Beyond me accusing Saldana and Cronin, and most recently Crim, show me where i have accused anyone else in this game, even when I was in a heated arguement with Render and Chief Rum (Who I knew was good).

I guess it comes down to, do you believe someone who has done all of the right things and made all the right moves (including things only a villager would have known) as I have done, or do you believe someone who stayed hidden until Cronin was at death's door, then caused a huge diversion and now is trying to take me with him as he dies.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:28 PM   #1130
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i might be coming around to agree with sndvls on this mrs. white.

because IF saldana is a villager than alan is a wolf and gets killed, mrs. white gets killed also. and then we've just made a 2-for-1 trade.

versus if saldana is a villager then we know that alan is a wolf and can lynch him next day and Mrs. white can target someone else from the list of the uncleared and narrow down that list and have a solid chance (40%...say 2 in 5) of hitting a wolf in there.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:31 PM   #1131
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

dola

and that would mean we'd have a 40% chance of hitting a wolf that night with mrs. white's action, PLUS a 100% chance of lynching alan the next day, plus have the list of uncleared narrowed down to 4, with either a 25% chance of hitting the last wolf (if alan is a wolf), or a 50% chance of hitting one of the last 2 wolves (if alan is a villager).

in summary...i agree that the conditional order shouldn't necessarily be crim.

make the wolves all commit to defending themselves against you Mrs. White and you could likely buy RendeR another day.
Old 08-17-2007, 12:36 PM   #1132
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

by the way. since I haven't yet...

Vote Saldana
Old 08-17-2007, 12:49 PM   #1133
RendeR
Coordinator

Neither White nor I should reveal what we plan to do until after deadline. We have seperate agendas and will not be overlapping each other.

White:
Kills Alan if Saldana comes up good, kill Crim if Saldana comes up bad, we deal with Alan tomorrow.

Plum (me):
Scans one of the other nameless folks and waits the night out in a random room hoping to avoid being eaten.

Thats all we need to know right now, lets stop rehashing and vocalizing this before we screw one another up.

VOTE SALDANA
Old 08-17-2007, 01:07 PM   #1134
Barkeep49
Coordinator

If saldana is good and White goes after someone else, that leaves them with three people to target/coordinate. Everyday that Render stays alive is a bonus for us and if white leaves Alan the wolf for us to lynch tomorrow, Alan could still be responsible for killing our seer.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:14 PM   #1135
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

true.

just concerned that if alan is bad we are making a 2-1 trade.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #1136
SnDvls
Pro Starter

that was my point DT
Old 08-17-2007, 01:24 PM   #1137
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
that was my point DT

yep. couple more 2-1 trades and they are back in it.

i think we can chance it this once though. take a bit of a risk while it's still early.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:25 PM   #1138
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
White:
Kills Alan if Saldana comes up good, kill Crim if Saldana comes up bad, we deal with Alan tomorrow.

don't totally agree with this thinking...it goes back to a 2-1 trade off
Old 08-17-2007, 01:30 PM   #1139
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - it could actually turn into a 3-1 trade if Saldana is good. (1-0)

Alan is killed by Mrs. White who in turn is killed by Alan (2-1)

The wolves get a night kill (3-1)

or best case

Saldana is bad (0-1)

Mrs. White Kills Crim who is bad and in turn kills Mrs. White (1-2)

Wolves get one more night kill (2-2)

or even worse case

Saldana is bad (0-1)

Mrs. White kills Crim who is good (1-1)

Wolves kill someone (2-1)

also is there any thought that Alan & Saldana are working together to get into the "COT"....just a thought to keep in there.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #1140
RendeR
Coordinator

Passacaglia: What is the plan for the weekend? I'll be gone for the night well before deadline and i want to be sure I know whats going to be the schedule for the weekend so I can try to plan accordingly.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:40 PM   #1141
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
don't totally agree with this thinking...it goes back to a 2-1 trade off

No matter what we do we take the chance of a bad trade today. We knew that when we decided to reveal everyone and build the CoT to 7 so we had the numbers to deal with the wolves either way.

Rememeber we get lynches every night and the nameless people (the actual ones, not the wolves) are always going to side WITH teh CoT so we actually have 12, not just 7, its just a matter of lynching the right people and we have time to do that with a 12-3 ratio to start with tonight.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #1142
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
dola - it could actually turn into a 3-1 trade if Saldana is good. (1-0)

Alan is killed by Mrs. White who in turn is killed by Alan (2-1)

The wolves get a night kill (3-1)

or best case

Saldana is bad (0-1)

Mrs. White Kills Crim who is bad and in turn kills Mrs. White (1-2)

Wolves get one more night kill (2-2)

or even worse case

Saldana is bad (0-1)

Mrs. White kills Crim who is good (1-1)

Wolves kill someone (2-1)

also is there any thought that Alan & Saldana are working together to get into the "COT"....just a thought to keep in there.

I have understood this viewpoint all along of Saldana and I working together, and don't have any hard feelings from it. I fully welcome a scan from our seer as well. I gave my opinion of why i feel there are better targets out there than me tonight (at least 2 players with virtually nothing given to us to even go on by now in Schmidty and Ntn), whereas with me I'd have at least helped push us to killing the murderer and 1 wolf by that point.

I know I'm good, but you all won't until the seer scans me or the game ends or I die.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #1143
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Alan...of Schmidty or NTN do you have a feeling either way about who is more likely to be evil?
Old 08-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #1144
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
You checked in as nameless but later posted uncleared people with Peacock in it.

Well there were three people who we had not seen a person-clue for. Figured if I left out Chief Rum then I might as well put up a sign saying "Hey wolves! This is Miss Peacock!"
Old 08-17-2007, 01:57 PM   #1145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan...of Schmidty or NTN do you have a feeling either way about who is more likely to be evil?

Really what has either done to tell us? Has Schmidty even checked in? The only thing I remember from Schmidty was him saying before the game started that his job was changing and that he would be quieter than normal.. and yelled not to say he was playing under the radar... So Schmidty is playing a typical Schmidty game.

Ntndeacon has come in made a few random posts and then moved on without really providing much in the way of any insight or thoughts of his own. Which is one of the reasons he is UtR in almost every game and it drives me crazy. I think Ntn talked more before the game started than after... so basically Ntn is also playing a typical Ntn game.

My reasons for saying we should scan them isn't really because either of them gave me a wolf vibe, just the way they play its almost impossible to ever get any kind of vibe due to lack of contribution. I listed them first because of the other untrusted players, at least you have some feel, something to go on right or wrong. You'll have my actions to base thoughts on, Path had his interaction yesterday with Telle, Render, DaddyTorgo regarding Chief that people can view and try to discern if it was good or not. Barkeep was implicated (and still is) heavily with the Saldana - Cronin - Barkeep triangle which at least in my eyes make him look a hair better at least, even though he's been much quieter than in past games as well.. and Swaggs has had RL stuff going on, but when he was around last night, I just got a gut feeling that he was responding the same way I was.. It would have been a pretty good bluff for him to act how he did last night in case you all called him on it...

So that leaves ntn and schmidty that I really have no feel on.. thus my suggestion to scan them.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:59 PM   #1146
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Day 4 deadline will be Saturday 6 PM Eastern. I'm not sure when I'll be around to process actions, though. Day 5 deadline will be Monday 6 PM Eastern.

Post 1108.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:04 PM   #1147
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Really what has either done to tell us? Has Schmidty even checked in? The only thing I remember from Schmidty was him saying before the game started that his job was changing and that he would be quieter than normal.. and yelled not to say he was playing under the radar... So Schmidty is playing a typical Schmidty game.

Ntndeacon has come in made a few random posts and then moved on without really providing much in the way of any insight or thoughts of his own. Which is one of the reasons he is UtR in almost every game and it drives me crazy. I think Ntn talked more before the game started than after... so basically Ntn is also playing a typical Ntn game.

My reasons for saying we should scan them isn't really because either of them gave me a wolf vibe, just the way they play its almost impossible to ever get any kind of vibe due to lack of contribution. I listed them first because of the other untrusted players, at least you have some feel, something to go on right or wrong. You'll have my actions to base thoughts on, Path had his interaction yesterday with Telle, Render, DaddyTorgo regarding Chief that people can view and try to discern if it was good or not. Barkeep was implicated (and still is) heavily with the Saldana - Cronin - Barkeep triangle which at least in my eyes make him look a hair better at least, even though he's been much quieter than in past games as well.. and Swaggs has had RL stuff going on, but when he was around last night, I just got a gut feeling that he was responding the same way I was.. It would have been a pretty good bluff for him to act how he did last night in case you all called him on it...

So that leaves ntn and schmidty that I really have no feel on.. thus my suggestion to scan them.

thank you sir. you have quite the way with words.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:28 PM   #1148
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well there were three people who we had not seen a person-clue for. Figured if I left out Chief Rum then I might as well put up a sign saying "Hey wolves! This is Miss Peacock!"

I think we hashed it out pretty much yesterday. Looks like we might have gotten one out of it in Crim, so that's worth it.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:29 PM   #1149
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I don't honestly remember if I've done this yet..

Vote Saldana

Also submitted a room assignment to Pass for the night, I'm out until after lynch most likely. Good luck!
Old 08-17-2007, 02:36 PM   #1150
Schmidty
Coordinator

Vote saldana

I am so freaking tired.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote