Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-21-2006, 11:10 AM   #1101
OldGiants
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgadfly
Is there any chance that the bearded guy is going to turn out to be the "good" guy? I mean, assuming there are at least two major groups of pre-Oceanic flight island inhabitants, what makes everyone believe that grizzly adams isn't the leader of the good guys?
Good guys don't generally abduct children at gun point, at least in my experience.
"The case of Great Britain is the most astonishing in this matter of inequality of rights in world soccer championships. The way they explained it to me as a child, God is one but He's three: Father, Son and Holy Ghost. I could never understand it. And I still don't understand why Great Britain is one but she's four....while [others] continue to be no more than one despite the diverse nationalities that make them up." Eduardo Galeano, SOCCER IN SUN AND SHADOW
OldGiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 12:01 PM   #1102
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

http://www.losttv-forum.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=13457

Great Read.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #1103
mgadfly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGiants
Good guys don't generally abduct children at gun point, at least in my experience.

That's for sure. However, the only difference between Ethan's group and Zeke's group at this point is that Zeke's group had a gun when trying to abduct a child. Is it possible that Zeke's group knows the other group will need to get Walt for some reason, and have taken him to prevent that from happening?

The reason I ask is because Zeke's group has allowed the Oceanic flight survivors to live on the beach without too much trouble (especially if it turns out that Ethan was not one of them). After Jack, Sawyer, and Locke handed over their guns Zeke kept his word and left, rather than just shooting them right there. If we go back to the boat, their actions did seem to suggest they were very bad, but I'm wondering if this due to some necessity that we can't see. Probably not, but I'm not convinced they are completely bad at this point.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:06 PM   #1104
jbmagic
Pro Starter

All Reuters News
'Lost' cast members find big pay rises

Mon Jan 23, 1:22 AM ET

The cast of ABC's "Lost" has even more to cheer about beyond the show's recent Golden Globe win for best drama series.

"Lost" producer Touchstone Television has offered all original members of the large ensemble cast a substantial salary bump in exchange for an additional year to the actors' current contracts. The studio's pre-emptive offer would see the actors earn almost $80,000 each an episode next season, the show's third, up from a range of about $20,000-$40,000 for most cast members this season.

All original cast members, including Matthew Fox, Evangeline Lilly, Josh Holloway, Naveen Andrews, Dominic Monaghan, Terry O'Quinn, Jorge Garcia, Daniel Dae Kim, Yunjin Kim and Harold Perrineau, have been offered the same deal and are expected to take it. Fox, who plays the pivotal role of Jack, is said to have earned an extra bonus of at least

$250,000.

However, in the spirit of the show where no character is safe from being killed off or otherwise removed from the mysterious island where the series is set, the actors are said to have no guarantees about the length of their tenure on the show.

ADVERTISEMENT
Representatives for Touchstone TV and all "Lost" cast members declined comment for this report. ABC and Touchstone are owned by Walt Disney Co.

The substantial raise would put the "Lost" actors on par with what the ladies of ABC's "Desperate Housewives" are now making, industry sources said. The core "Housewives" quartet of Teri Hatcher, Felicity Huffman, Marcia Cross and Eva Longoria, who also started off in the $20,000-$40,000 range, all reportedly received bonuses of $250,000 midway though the show's first season as well as equal salary bumps for Season 2, bringing their per-episode fees to the high-five to low-six figures, depending on each actress' starting salary.

This is understood to be the first salary bump for the "Lost" cast members, who reportedly received a bonus of an extra episode fee between Seasons 1 and 2.

"Lost," which boasts one of the largest casts and the highest production values in primetime, has been a passion project for most of the actors on the show.

When actors sign on to do a network pilot, they are automatically committed to long-term deals that usually run at least five years. It's common industry practice that when a show is a big hit, cast members are rewarded with salary bumps and bonuses beyond the studio's contractual obligations. "Lost" has been the rare combination of a critical and commercial hit for ABC, earning a rabid worldwide following, the Emmy last year for best drama series and the drama series Golden Globe last week.

"Lost" has done very well in DVD sales, finishing 2005 as the second-best-selling TV-DVD with 1.04 million units sold, according to trade publication Home Media Retailing, and it has been the driving force for the 1.5 million downloads of Walt Disney Co.-produced series that Apple's iTunes music store has sold for viewing on iPods since Disney struck its groundbreaking download-on-demand licensing pact with Apple in October.

A new-media spin-off designed for cell phones, "Lost Video Diaries," is slated for launch on Verizon V Cast service this month.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:03 PM   #1105
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

This episode wasn't that good.

I wonder who would win in a fight between Mr Eko, Jack Bauer, and Chuck Norris.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:11 PM   #1106
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Charlie sure didn't like this episode.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:15 PM   #1107
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Charlie sure didn't like this episode.

Charlie needed a bigger ass beating than what he got. The promo for the next episode looks good though. Anyone know how big a layoff we have between this one and the next?
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 09:21 PM   #1108
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

According to Lost-Tv.com the next episode airs in two weeks.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:04 PM   #1109
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

well, that was really gay
Old 01-25-2006, 10:09 PM   #1110
Subby
lolzcat

Fantastic episode...
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:14 PM   #1111
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Fantastic episode...
Yeah...I thought so, too. It brought an edge to Charlie and an even bigger edge to Locke (did anyone else see him changing the lock on the gun room and think that the episode was about a changing 'Locke', as well?)

Plus, I like the (unintentional?) Beatles reference in the scene with Charlie's dad...
http://www.fof-ihof.com/upload/VPI97/butcherjackst1.jpg

Last edited by VPI97 : 01-25-2006 at 10:34 PM.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:20 PM   #1112
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

dola -
What's the thought on Libby and Hurley? As far as I can tell, he couldn't have stepped on her foot when he boarded the plane since his seat was at the front and she was a tailie...what's she hiding?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:23 PM   #1113
Poli
FOFC Survivor

The tailie husband was supposed to be in front as well.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:26 PM   #1114
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
dola -
What's the thought on Libby and Hurley? As far as I can tell, he couldn't have stepped on her foot when he boarded the plane since his seat was at the front and she was a tailie...what's she hiding?

but dont you have to enter from the back to get to the front when your getting seated?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #1115
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
but dont you have to enter from the back to get to the front when your getting seated?
Every plane I've ever been on has had the entrance at the front...
Old 01-25-2006, 10:36 PM   #1116
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Every plane for me as well.

Speaking of where you are on the plane...

Charlie...shouldn't he have been a tailie? He came running up from the back and into the bathroom...presumably chased by tailie Cindy and the other flight attendants. The ruckus begins shortly after Charlie locks himself in.

How does Cindy end up in the back of the plane that quickly?
Old 01-25-2006, 10:41 PM   #1117
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Every plane for me as well.

Speaking of where you are on the plane...

Charlie...shouldn't he have been a tailie? He came running up from the back and into the bathroom...presumably chased by tailie Cindy and the other flight attendants. The ruckus begins shortly after Charlie locks himself in.

How does Cindy end up in the back of the plane that quickly?

short answer: they didn't know they'd be adding cast members in season 2 when they shot Charlie's scenes.

there is definitely something funky with Libby. That convo with Hurley was just odd and seems to be planting the seeds for some twists and turns. I know there's a lot of speculation that she's another plant from the Others (which would crank the intrigue up quite a bit as she seems to have knowledge of stuff occuring on the plane). That seems a bit to obvious though. Perhaps she just is someone from Hurley's past (Psychiatrist from his hospital?) which is why he is recognizing her.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:57 PM   #1118
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

meh... i'm almost ready to call it quits and just get caught up when the full season is out on DVD. I can't stand this pattern of good episode, lame episode, 13 weeks off, lame episode, 2 weeks off, lame episode, 4 weeks off...
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #1119
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Fantastic episode...
...for me to poop on. I thought this was the worst episode of the season so far.
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 PM   #1120
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

I think we all needed to see this again.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:10 AM   #1121
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth
...for me to poop on. I thought this was the worst episode of the season so far.
Yea, my reaction to tonight's episode was "meh". Locke seems to be the one turning towards the dark side if you will.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:12 AM   #1122
KJDelaney
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth

Agreed. It was a hard watch.
KJDelaney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:58 AM   #1123
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Bad, bad, episode. Did we really need to see Charlie's past with his brother again? Did it offer any other insights into his character other than he values family (which we got from one of the other episodes about him).
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 06:52 AM   #1124
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Yea, my reaction to tonight's episode was "meh". Locke seems to be the one turning towards the dark side if you will.

While I thought this was a throwaway, useless, episode, I do think it set up Charlie to go to the dark side. He will be completely outcast by the group, and Zeke will show up to offer him refuge. He will, in essence, become an other. I think Locke is not turning to the dark side, but to take conrol of the group.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:14 AM   #1125
Cuckoo
College Starter

Agreed with most of the sentiments here. I thoroughly hated that episode. It made me dislike Charlie and even dislike Locke, something I didn't want to do. I think it changes the show a bit for the near term, but not in a good way at all.

Locke was supposed to be, after all, the one who always seemed to understand, willing to listen, in tune with the extraordinary. In this episode, he was short, always annoyed and violent - not like the Locke we've seen before.

Bad, bad episode as far as I'm concerned. It felt like they were trying REALLY hard to manufacture some sort of conflict without really using the character qualities they've already established.
Old 01-26-2006, 08:21 AM   #1126
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Hurley has a shot with Libby...in bizzaro world.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:01 AM   #1127
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Girls changing behind your back = hot

Give me the side of a boob and my mechanical work goes into overdrive.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:54 AM   #1128
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
Bad, bad episode as far as I'm concerned. It felt like they were trying REALLY hard to manufacture some sort of conflict without really using the character qualities they've already established.

Biggest yawn yet. At least if they generated some real conflict there would be some interest. This episode could have been condensed to six good minutes. And dream sequences are just lame IMO.

One question I had: why didn't Locke just destroy the statues/drugs? Why did he bother to keep them/lock them up?
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:55 AM   #1129
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
One question I had: why didn't Locke just destroy the statues/drugs? Why did he bother to keep them/lock them up?
I think they would be worth keeping for medical purposes. Jack is likely running low on any painkillers, etc...
Old 01-26-2006, 10:00 AM   #1130
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000
I think they would be worth keeping for medical purposes. Jack is likely running low on any painkillers, etc...

People start injuring themselves on purpose to get a little fix. What? You broke your arm again?
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:10 AM   #1131
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

And i'm glad to see him save those if that is the reasoning... IMHO a lot of the survivors have been far too reckless with destroying/disposing of stuff that could be very useful (burning the plane was a prime example).
Old 01-26-2006, 10:15 AM   #1132
bryce
High School Varsity

Other than standing in line at the DPS, last night's episode was the biggest waste of an hour in my life.

This show is quickly jumping the shark for me.
bryce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:17 AM   #1133
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryce
Other than standing in line at the DPS, last night's episode was the biggest waste of an hour in my life.

This show is quickly jumping the shark for me.

not for me.
last night's episode blew major chunks. but the episode before I thought was the best of the season.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:38 AM   #1134
Swaggs
Coordinator

I thought this was the worst episode of the entire series. Not much to advance the overall storyline and a boring (almost painful) backstory to slug through. It is disappointing because the Echo-centered episode the week before was among the best and now we have another hiatus.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:41 AM   #1135
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I agree, the episode last night was not that great. But I can't expect every episode to be the best ever. It slowed the story up, and not much to it besides some insights on Charlie and his actions.

Only the A-Team had great episodes every time.

Dah-da-da-daaaaaaaaa......
dun-na-na-naaaaaaaaaa
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:18 PM   #1136
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I thought this was the worst episode of the entire series. Not much to advance the overall storyline and a boring (almost painful) backstory to slug through. It is disappointing because the Echo-centered episode the week before was among the best and now we have another hiatus.

Hiatus? How long? WTF?!?!?!?!

Kiss my ass you gilligan island wannabes!
Old 01-26-2006, 12:20 PM   #1137
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Hiatus? How long? WTF?!?!?!?!

Kiss my ass you gilligan island wannabes!

Do I have to talk about penises to get your attention?

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=1108
Old 01-26-2006, 12:31 PM   #1138
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
Do I have to talk about penises to get your attention?

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...postcount=1108

Those fargin eyesholes.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:32 PM   #1139
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf
Those fargin eyesholes.

Roman Maroni?
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 12:34 PM   #1140
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
Roman Maroni?

Damn right you bastage. You fargin corksucker.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:10 PM   #1141
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
I agree, the episode last night was not that great. But I can't expect every episode to be the best ever. It slowed the story up, and not much to it besides some insights on Charlie and his actions.

Only the A-Team had great episodes every time.

Dah-da-da-daaaaaaaaa......
dun-na-na-naaaaaaaaaa
Actually, it sped the story up quite a bit. We went through like two or three days in one show... that's a record this season. I've really enjoyed this season, but this was easily the worst/most boring of them all. Not that I don't like Charlie, and I thought the flashback wasn't bad (probably average), but the island was pretty boring, and we never really got an answer for his actions. Normally at the end of a person's episode, we get some reason or something as to why what happened did happen. Didn't feel that way.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 09:20 PM   #1142
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i like when the new tailend girl told jack if your hitting it. Referring to Katie
Old 01-26-2006, 10:13 PM   #1143
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Definitely the weakest episode thus far, but I am not about to claim this show has "jumped the shark" based on one soft episode. It happens. I liked all the Hurely stuff. It was quite funny and well done. I assume that Libby was a psychologist who worked at the hospital Hurley was a patient at.

The Charlie stuff was lame.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 10:17 PM   #1144
timmynausea
College Starter

Charlie has been possibly my least favorite character (maybe Michael), so as soon as I saw it was going to be a Charlie-centric episode my expectations were dramatically lowered. Perhaps because of that I didn't think it was a horrible episode. It was definitely pretty mediocre, but I think the second season, for the most part, has been pretty mediocre.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #1145
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
Charlie has been possibly my least favorite character (maybe Michael), so as soon as I saw it was going to be a Charlie-centric episode my expectations were dramatically lowered. Perhaps because of that I didn't think it was a horrible episode. It was definitely pretty mediocre, but I think the second season, for the most part, has been pretty mediocre.

Charlie's not my least favorite. He's my 2nd least. CLAIRE is my least favorite. and I hate babies in movies/tv shows. so I was definitely loving that episode.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:23 PM   #1146
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
Charlie's not my least favorite. He's my 2nd least. CLAIRE is my least favorite. and I hate babies in movies/tv shows. so I was definitely loving that episode.

She is definitely in the mix for me. Claire, Charlie and Michael are the weakest of the original group. The total bitch from the tail also sucks.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 11:26 PM   #1147
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmynausea
She is definitely in the mix for me. Claire, Charlie and Michael are the weakest of the original group. The total bitch from the tail also sucks.

Ana Lucia?
I have made this determination on her: when she's being the tough bitch, she's as annoying as hell. but when she's being the flirty new girl? ooh la la.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:54 PM   #1148
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm with the anti-Claire camp. Her saying "My Baby!!!" is nearly as annoying as Michael's constant "WALT!!!" Plus, she looks like the third Olsen twin.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 01:40 AM   #1149
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
I'm with the anti-Claire camp. Her saying "My Baby!!!" is nearly as annoying as Michael's constant "WALT!!!" Plus, she looks like the third Olsen twin.

Wow!! I thought about that and Claire does look like an Olsen twin! My least fav. characters are: Claire, Michael, Sun(Jin's Wife??)/Jin
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 03:10 AM   #1150
Raven
College Prospect

So next week they are airing "Numbers" - the episode where Hurley runs off in to the woods after Rousseau.

Wasn't that an episode from last season? Man, they are really killing me here. As much as I love watching the show, they give me twice as many reasons not to want to watch it anymore. I really wonder how long they can continue doing this shit and get away with it.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote