Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-20-2011, 09:45 PM   #1101
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, just read through everything from this morning.

I'm really sorry I didn't get a chance to pay more attention to deadline last night - I was in a meeting right up until 9:00 and then my phone started to die so I had to run to my room and charge it up while catching up in the thread without seeing what happened all day yesterday. I revealed without really knowing what the tally was; all I knew was that I was probably a vote away from being out..so I would have revealed regardless.

As for tonight's scan - I am going to try letting everyone know about before I hit the sack here.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:52 PM   #1102
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Interesting that Chief has came on here, left, then came back only to leave again without saying hi or anything.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:56 PM   #1103
The Jackal
Coordinator

Sorry I wasn't able to make it back to switch from Tyrith, but damn that ended up being a good result. Dinner party went long because dinner prep went long.. and well it's almost night deadline time so we'll see what happens.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:58 PM   #1104
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commo_Soldier View Post
Interesting that Chief has came on here, left, then came back only to leave again without saying hi or anything.

First off, that's pretty metagamey. Might wanna ease up on that.

Second, what's there to say at this point? Y'all seem set in your ways. You and Danny didn't even figure out I had voted for two hours, putting me down as a no vote, even though I was right on your list above with a vote.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:01 PM   #1105
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
First off, that's pretty metagamey. Might wanna ease up on that.

Second, what's there to say at this point? Y'all seem set in your ways. You and Danny didn't even figure out I had voted for two hours, putting me down as a no vote, even though I was right on your list above with a vote.

I realized it after I posted it within a few minutes, but Danny kept putting up votes before I could get to them. As for my thing it is meta-gamey, but wanted to ensure we knew who all came on after my reveal, including Lathum. That way if I'm NKed we know who it could have been.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:06 PM   #1106
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I kind of wish I didn't scan cr tonight as it seems some were going after him regardless of my scan. I'll be happy though if he comes back super villain.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #1107
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
I kind of wish I didn't scan cr tonight as it seems some were going after him regardless of my scan. I'll be happy though if he comes back super villain.

I don't know if you go there if he comes back negative for being a supervillan though, so it is an important scan.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #1108
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I am going to bed. I'll post it first thing in the morning when Ryan wakes up around 5.. Ryan being my baby.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:08 PM   #1109
Autumn
Head Coach

Writing up night actions. It will be a little bit.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:09 PM   #1110
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

That can't be good...
CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:10 PM   #1111
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Kinda goes without saying, but if Chief comes back as a supervillian, our seers/forensics/BG may not want to be oh him if possible, but certainly Mau.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:20 PM   #1112
Danny
Head Coach

Hopefully I am still alive
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:21 PM   #1113
Danny
Head Coach

As are Rachel and Batman.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:25 PM   #1114
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
We're interrupting your normally scheduled broadcast.

Reports are coming now, two dead in downtown Gotham. The victims, two employees of the Gotham Police Department, officers in the Major Crimes Unit. Maggie Sawyer and David Cornwell were both forensic scientists, veteran officers of the unit. Major Crimes is the unit responsible for investigating crime scenes, and both officers have been deeply involved in the investigation of the recent killings in Gotham.

Police they do not suspect the murders were perpetrated by the same killer. There is a press conference scheduled for shortly with more details about the deaths.

Danny is dead. He was Maggie Sawyer, Forensic Scientist.

The Jackal is dead. He was David Cornwell, Forensic Scientist.

Both Forensic Scientists are dead. There will be no more roles revealed upon death, whether a lynch or a night kill.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:26 PM   #1115
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

Danny is dead. He was Maggie Sawyer, Forensic Scientist.

The Jackal is dead. He was David Cornwell, Forensic Scientist.

Both Forensic Scientists are dead. There will be no more roles revealed upon death, whether a lynch or a night kill.

Well that blows big.

Vote Chief Rum
Old 10-20-2011, 10:28 PM   #1116
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Wow! Both of them at one night. We really have been unlucky on who the supervillians have gone after.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #1117
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well that blows big.

Vote Chief Rum

I am going to stop this right now. You guys need to stop tunnel visioning yourselves.

I am your other bodyguard.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #1118
Autumn
Head Coach

The Gotham Enquirer

Quote:
Police investigators have confirmed that evidence from last night's killings have implicated a new killer. Evidence upon the scene have helped detectives identify one of the killers as Victor Fries, a former Gotham University researcher. More disturbing though is that surveillance footage showed Fries attacking his victim while wearing some sort of mechanical contraption, and referring to himself as Dr. Freeze. Gotham is facing not only another killer, but another costumed freak, perhaps on the level of The Joker himself.

Still of surveillance footage of the costumed killer

Fries, an expert in cryogenics research, was removed from his research position after causing the death of his wife. Nora Fries, who suffered from a terminal disease, was the subject of an unapproved experiment, meant to put the woman in suspended animation but which turned out lethal. It appears that Fries used a weaponized version of the very same equipment in the homicide last night. The victim's body was found frozen solid, and then smashed to pieces.

A killer dressed as a clown. A killer with two faces. A killer with a freeze ray. What's next? In a city suddenly flooded with costumed killers, it seems we need our costumed vigilante more than ever. The police are no match for these guys, and if they keep crawling out of the wood work, what chance do we have? Batman, where are you?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:31 PM   #1119
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Wow! Both of them at one night. We really have been unlucky on who the supervillians have gone after.

Yes, I'm guessing the supervillians are going after strong players. What I'm intrigued about now is if there are two why the second didn't go after Mauboy. I wonder if they thought there was no danger in having Chief getting scanned.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:32 PM   #1120
Commo_Soldier
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I am going to stop this right now. You guys need to stop tunnel visioning yourselves.

Why do you come out with that right now? Mau stated he ran a scan on you for a supervillian, why not wait until it comes back negative.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:34 PM   #1121
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Maybe they thought he would be covered tonight and wanted to try to get a third villian? it worked out well as we wont know now how many disturbed folks are left. we know there are 2 right now. and we wont know when we get one of the villians either. hopefully that will be relatively clear.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #1122
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why do you come out with that right now? Mau stated he ran a scan on you for a supervillian, why not wait until it comes back negative.

Because I already know what you guys will do. You'll say I must be deranged then, so better for me to be dead. You guys were locked in. And I can't protect the remaining good guys anyway. There's only one of me. I'll protect one tomorrow night, they'll kill the other. Or they'll just kill me and one of the roles will survive. Doesn't matter, we're at the same point either way.

At least this way you guys who are locked in can move in and find another candidate.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:37 PM   #1123
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

move on, that is

Old 10-20-2011, 10:38 PM   #1124
Autumn
Head Coach

*starts unpacking suitcase.* Damn.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:39 PM   #1125
MrBug708
Head Coach

I can't think of what was worst. Sitting in class for over three hours, reading this result, or the UCLA game. I would say the UCLA is the worst, no offense Gotham.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 10:45 PM   #1126
MrBug708
Head Coach

Ahh...Chief! Commo, why did you vote so early? We had nothing to lose by doing that and waiting for Mau's scan. Chief should not have revealed so early either, but now the wolves know who Dawes, Batman, and the last BG are and no matter what, we won't ever know if we hit a disturb citizen or a super villain
Old 10-20-2011, 10:54 PM   #1127
Autumn
Head Coach

I'm out for the night. Stay safe, Gotham
Old 10-20-2011, 11:23 PM   #1128
Tyrith
College Starter

Blah. Maybe we can figure out some sort of vote pattern at this point, at least, because we know of so many good guys...because they're dead.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:19 AM   #1129
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Get your reveal out there quickly - good move and quick thinking. You realise it's not going to alleviate suspicion of you though, right? There's now no way we're going to be able to confirm this (we've had pretty absymal luck with the roles this game). I'm leaning to not believing you, Chief, but I'm interested to see if anyone counter-reveals this (and I think they have to) - and who it is. Hope to god it's someone with some degree of trust because we're never going to know for sure.

Two-Face and friend taking out Jackal and Danny suggests that they were looking at Crimson-voters as suspicious. Right enough I'm really regretting moving my vote off of Chief. (unless he is the bodyguard) Sorry Commo and, well, everyone really. It's open season for the deranged citizens now.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:31 AM   #1130
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yes, I'm guessing the supervillians are going after strong players. What I'm intrigued about now is if there are two why the second didn't go after Mauboy. I wonder if they thought there was no danger in having Chief getting scanned.

Or they presumed the bodygaurd would be on Mau tonight seems like the most likely result.

I agree about the strong player theory though.

Hoops - ? - Danny/Jackal

That ? could be Chief, could be Lathum, could be me if you want to be really generous to me. Get the feeling I'm going to be getting a lot of heat today. Wish mau could have published his result last night.

Anyway, what I'm interested in is why McKerney emerged as the "save Commo" plan and not Chief. Sure it turned out to be a good result for us but the wolves probably had no idea about that. Going to see if I have time to look at that and to look at McKerney's posts.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:47 AM   #1131
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Quote:
Because I already know what you guys will do. You'll say I must be deranged then, so better for me to be dead.

Not buying it Chief. Seems more like you realise you're going to come up bad and you're getting the reveal in before that happens, knowing it'll have less impact later. If there is a bodygaurd they, obviously, need to hold off until mau reveals his scan.

I don't think there's much chance that Chief is a deranged citizen at this stage, although I could be wrong. He's either the bodyguard or a supervillain as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:50 AM   #1132
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Fucking hell we might as well have all had a mass reveal at the start the way this game has gone. I was going to suggest it but didn't think it was in the spirit of the game (and no-one would have bought it of course).
Old 10-21-2011, 01:54 AM   #1133
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
Fucking hell we might as well have all had a mass reveal at the start the way this game has gone. I was going to suggest it but didn't think it was in the spirit of the game (and no-one would have bought it of course).

It actually crossed my mind as well.

I think this is going to be an interesting day. If all three are telling the truth, you have one body guard to protect three "known" people. Luckily there still is the one unrevealed role of Chief Psychiatrist, which should stay hidden. Assuming Chief is who he says he is, he needs to gamble on who to protect tonight. As much as it sucks, out of the three, Batman is the least valuable while Mau is the strongest
Old 10-21-2011, 02:19 AM   #1134
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I think Commo is probably pretty safe at the moment. The main threat he offers the baddies now (barring a Batman counter-reveal) is that he's cleared and is trying to analyse things, making him something of a rarity.

Got to say that it sucks that the usually vocal people got roles while it looks like the UTRs are either vanila or baddies.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:32 AM   #1135
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Chief is not the killer...
Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 AM   #1136
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well damn.
Old 10-21-2011, 04:36 AM   #1137
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
Chief is not the killer...

Thank you.

Old 10-21-2011, 05:05 AM   #1138
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

because the BG cant protect the same person twice in a row, and with one already dead, Mau will be open tonight...assuming that is, that he was guarded last night. Im not surprised at all...Freeze didnt want to risk a block by making the obvious attack, so he went looking for another nut job to convert or just killed someone he wanted out.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:49 AM   #1139
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Spoiler - don't get your hopes up.

Pity you revealed Chief - honestly think it was premature with a scan on you. On the other hand you're not going to be the only one going to be revealing prematurely today.

We have next to no useful information to work with so I think I'm going to have to reveal as well. I think the chances of me surviving a lynch tonight and the night's kills are pretty low, so I'd better get the little information I have out there. Our run of bad luck with roles continues as I'm the Pyschiatrist.

My scans.
N0 - Zinto
N1 - Hoops
N2 - J23
N3 - Lathum

All clear.

I was getting the odd read on Hoops early on so I bunged an early scan in on him (way before Danny said anything about him, obviously). I forgot that your best bet is try to get a decent circle of trust going into the latter stages of the game, the odd mechanics didn't help there either as I knew that if Hoops was going to be converted on night one then that was my only chance to scan him.

Day two was a reaction to day one. I know that J23 can be a good analytical villager when he's on his game and I figured (unlike Hoops) he would be around till late in the game

Day three - didn't think there was any point in scanning Chief or Commo, figured they would be dead or converted by this stage. Lathum was next on my list.

If mau is on the level then Zinto is defintely a villager. J23 can only be Two-Face and Lathum is either a villager or a Supervillain.

Honestly I'm about ready to throw this game - I think our best chance was Chief being a baddie. I haven't seen any help or support at all coming from the vanilla villagers apart from Crimson. Frankly the village that's left deserves to lose.

I get that it looks suspicious that I'm revealing without heat or that I should gut it out another night at least but let's face it, with no reveal on death any baddy on the block is going to be able to claim my role as a get out of jail free card. I thought Chief was a supervillain so I was prepared to wait out one more day while we lynched him and the baddies only had one kill but that's not how its shaken out.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:00 AM   #1140
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

3. PackerFanatic
4. Sndvls
5. Zinto - Cleared by mau and myself, with no chance of interlap
7. Lathum - either villager or converted on night two
8. NTNdeacon
10. Mauboy1 - Claims Rachel, undisputed for more than a day
11. MrBug708
13. Dzilla77
14. J23 - either villager or Two-Face
15. Saldana
16. Tyrith - not Two-Face
17. Chief Rum - claims Bodyguard
19. Daddy Torgo
20. Narcizo - claims Arkham
21. Commo_soldier - Claims Batman

I think that covers it. My understanding of mau's claimed scans are
N0 Lathum
N1 Zinto
N2 Tyrith
N3 Chief

Again mine are
N0 Zinto
N1 Hoops
N2 J23
N3 Lathum
Old 10-21-2011, 06:03 AM   #1141
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Mass reveal on day one would have so made this game easier.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:13 AM   #1142
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Despite it being a very poor percentage play I'm still liking Lathum as the night two conversion but I don't think it's something we can pursue today. I don't really understand why Chief is still alive. I think we have to work under the assumption that he said something that tipped off the bad guys that he was a villager.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:24 AM   #1143
saldana
Pro Starter

Narc, I think that is a good reveal from you, and will keep my vote off you, unfortunately, this is a very tough ruleset, and even the combination of both sets of scan results doesn't actually clear anyone of anything.

my vote will likely go straight to one of the silent guys today
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:36 AM   #1144
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Cutting out all the filler we get a grand amount of posts. Congrats to Mckerney on playing his cards close to his chest.

Day One

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Vote Daddy Torgo

Quote:

Unvote DaddyTorgo
Vote CrimsonFox

Day Two

Quote:
Vote Commo

No strong feelings on Commo, but I don't like CF as a candidate. I'd be surprised if Two Face was in a three way tie yesterday. Was hoping we could find something on the candidate who fell out of the running at the four way tie, but Two Face cleared hoops for us.

Quote:
Even without taking into consideration what we lost day and night one I agree with you. Two Face probably wasn't up on the block so it's tough to take too much from the day one vote right now. We seem to be trying to do that with CF when he hasn't played out the early days much different from what I've seem from him before. Him taking an early lead is probably giving the Disturbed a chance to go anywhere and make sure to not give us anything to go on. That would make the first couple days difficult to gain anything from, and could let them set up false trails for us to chase if we do catch one.

I guess I understand going after CF if you think he's a Disturbed (though I don't believe he is), but I think we're better off hoping we could hit on Two Face early which probably means not looking at those involved in yesterday's tie.

Quote:
Unvote Commo
Vote Mauboy

Day Three

Quote:
Vote Commo

Not sure about Chief as someone who would give off anything that he was deranged, I think he'd be fine playing it safe and waiting for Two Face to target him. Not really sold on Commo, though mau overtaking him as a candidate could have had deranged behind it. I really don't feel like I've got even a decent read on anything though.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #1145
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

So we do have Mckerney pulling the vote and unvote on Daddy Torgo. I think we probably might want to assume that DT isn't Two-Face otherwise you'd have to think Mckerney would have been converted by now. Unless DT wasn't sure he was deranged and didn't want to risk trying to kill him and announcing the fact after the Hoops kill. Actually that makes sense so I don't think you can assume DT isn't Two-Face.

Mckerney votes mau so I think we can definitely clear mau from being Two-Face. At the moment I'm guessing UTR for Two-Face but I just can't work out who the day two conversion is. Can't see past Lathum in that spot. Perhaps Saldana or SnDvls. I'm going to have to look.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:47 AM   #1146
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

The first paragraph was pretty confusing. To paraphrase "DT might be Two-Face or he might not be. McKerney voting/unvoting him doesn't mean much either way.
Old 10-21-2011, 06:55 AM   #1147
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Morning Fuckers!

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:58 AM   #1148
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Day 1

CrimsonFox votes ChiefRum (1) 193
Zinto votes Hoops (1) 196
Dzilla votes Zinto (1) 217
PackerFanatic votes Mauboy (1) 230
AbeSargent votes CrimsonFox (1) 248
J23 votes Narcizo (1) 260
Narcizo votes AbeSargent (1) 269
Hoops votes Zinto (2) 274
Danny votes Narcizo (2) 291
Lathum votes Zinto (3) 304
Danny unvotes Narcizo (1) 305
Danny votes Hoops (2) 312

NTN votes Autumn (1) 316
Danny unvotes Hoops (1) 319
NTN unvotes Autumn (0) 331
NTN votes Mauboy (2) 335
Saldana votes Narcizo (2) 349
McKerney votes DaddyTorgo (1) 350
Jackal votes CrimsonFox (2) 352
CrimsonFox unvotes ChiefRum (0) 359
CrimsonFox votes Hoops (2) 359
Jackal unvotes CrimsonFox (1) 389
Jackal votes AbeSargent (2) 389
Mauboy votes Hoops (3) 390
Tyrith votes AbeSargent (3) 402
McKerney unvotes DaddyTorgo (0) 403
McKerney votes CrimsonFox (2) 403
MrBug votes CrimsonFox (3) 412

MrBug unvotes CrimsonFox (2) 423
Tyrith unvotes AbeSargent (2) 429
Tyrith votes CrimsonFox (3) 429
Tyrith unvotes CrimsonFox (2) 430
Tyrith votes Hoops (4) 430
ChiefRum votes Zinto (4) 440
DaddyTorgo votes Zinto (5) 446
CommoSoldier votes Zinto (6) 450
CrimsonFox unvotes Hoops (3) 453
CrimsonFox votes AbeSargent (3) 453
Tyrith unvotes Hoops (2) 458
Tyrith votes AbeSargent (4) 458
Danny votes Mauboy (3) 459
Hoops unvotes Zinto (5) 465
Hoops votes AbeSargent (5) 465
Danny unvotes Mauboy (2) 468
Danny votes CommoSoldier (1) 468

Danny unvotes CommoSoldier (0) 475
Danny votes Hoops (3) 475
Saldana unvotes Narcizo (1) 477
Saldana votes AbeSargent (6) 477
MrBug votes AbeSargent (7) 478
Danny unvotes Hoops (2) 481
Danny votes Zinto (6) 481
Hoops unvotes AbeSargent (6) 496
Hoops votes CrimsonFox (3) 496
Saldana unvotes AbeSargent (5) 498
Saldana votes CrimsonFox (4) 498
Danny unvotes Zinto (5) 499
Danny votes CrimsonFox (5) 499

2 - Mauboy - PackerFanatic, NTN
5 - CrimsonFox - AbeSargent, McKerney, Hoops, Saldana, Danny
1 - Narcizo - J23
5 - AbeSargent - Narcizo, Jackal, CrimsonFox, Tyrith, MrBug
5 - Zinto - Dzilla, Lathum, ChiefRum, DaddyTorgo, CommoSoldier
2 - Hoops - Zinto, Mauboy

No Vote: Sndvl
Old 10-21-2011, 07:00 AM   #1149
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Well on the plus side 2 of the 6 people voted for were presumably only vanilla. Impressive work right there. Oh and I've missed blueing Danny.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:01 AM   #1150
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

And in the three-way tie the only roled villager in the mix gets taken out.