Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-20-2006, 05:31 PM   #1101
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
This is kind of a curious statement. You were in the brilliant crowd to begin with, so how would have anything special to reveal?
He asked what i would do if i was the seer...not if i was a regular villager
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:34 PM   #1102
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
CW already said he wants WVU to go tomorrow, after me, and to top it all off his vote today is on dubb. Your partner in crime doesnt share your view im afraid
Please go back and check why he voted for dubb. I see that your play is to muddy the waters, instead of clearing them.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:35 PM   #1103
hoopsguy
General Manager

Is everyone voting for Coffee working with the assumption that he is covering for Raiders (or possibly me, although revealing to save scientist Raiders makes little sense)?

If not, can you build a case where Coffee is converted seer, then makes his reveal clearing two scientists on Day 3? I'm just about sure I will not be moving my vote here.

Will look for responses on this when I get home from work in 60-90 minutes.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #1104
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
But if RA/CW are the Things, then why did RA let Saldana rot but now CW is saving RA? That seems like an inconsistent play to me.
Hoops, go re-read X-com game...day 1 you and i(me=saldana, you=raiders) fight and you call me an alien...night one we convert you(raiders did it ironically)..day 2 we both come out firing to keep up the charade and vote each other. Raiders came out real early and voted saldana(long before it at all looked like saldana would get tested). How could he have swapped to barkeep after all of the stuff he had said about being pretty sure saldana was a thing. A swap would have meant dead raiders, and when he came up bad a dead saldana.

CW has never really opposed RA(he was apart of the swing group, granted...making his seer comments all the more attractive for conversion). IF you go re-read CW on day 2, he thinks dubb is the top suspect...he only swaps becuase the groups asks it. Why then test RA? Its just too convenient, too early for me to believe it...
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:37 PM   #1105
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Well, after reading back, I'm still not sure to be honest.

I think that Coffee is clean, at least today, therefore RA is also clean. However, I think Blade is pretty much playing his normal hyperactive villager game and don't really suspect him of being a Thing at this point. Dubb, I don't know, but nothing he has done/said has really jumped out at me really as an obvious conversion.

I am still in favour of checking Barkeep, especially now another day has gone past. I would like to 100% confirm that his killing of Quik was on the level, and even though I am fairly sure he was a good guy then I would not be suprised if he had been converted since. Other players I would prefer to check ahead of the 4 main candidates at the moment are JeeberD and Path, merely because they are flying through pretty much unchallenged and unnoticed so are/would've been good converstion candidates of the Things.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:38 PM   #1106
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
This is kind of a curious statement. You were in the brilliant crowd to begin with, so how would have anything special to reveal?

Blade clearly has no problem with fake reveals, as shown in the Lost game when he claimed 3 or 4 different roles before settling on ultimate superhero who couldn't be killed, and if anyone tried to harm him it would result in multiple deaths.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:39 PM   #1107
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Here are what I have for the current vote counts:

Raiders - CW (252), Saldana (332)
JeeberD - Dubb (254)
Dubb - JeeberD (261), Anxiety (269)
Barkeep - Blade (282), Cronin (343)
Saldana - Barkeep (331)

I'm going to be out for most of the afternoon, but without any further evidence emerging between now and when I check in tonight I won't be voting for either Dubb or Raiders. Maybe Barkeep by following Blade's line of thought (makes sense, but right now I believe him and I don't want to lose a chance at a Thing today) but more likely CW or Saldana.
FWIW, this was the vote count when I voted for saldana. If I were a Thing, I would be better off voting for Barkeep or Dubb. Why would I have voted for my fellow Thing?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:39 PM   #1108
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Is everyone voting for Coffee working with the assumption that he is covering for Raiders (or possibly me, although revealing to save scientist Raiders makes little sense)?

If not, can you build a case where Coffee is converted seer, then makes his reveal clearing two scientists on Day 3? I'm just about sure I will not be moving my vote here.

I see 1 other option, hence why im voting CW and not RA:

Remember when dubb, the turncoat, cleared someone in a massive argument with another, so we went and lynched the other. They came up clean, so we were like damn and went back the next day and lynched the person dubb cleared who was originally in the argument. He came up clean too. Dubb got us to kill two days while they did their night actions and became stronger. I could see CW pulling the same thing, which is why hes #1 on my list.
Demotivation
Old 04-20-2006, 05:39 PM   #1109
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
If CW was trying the hail mary, it would be stupid. Once you test someone other than us, the target immediately goes to us. Tomorrow you take us both out with the first vote, then the second. I just don't get why you guys don't see that. It would kill him unnecessarily.

Let's say we're both Things and he remained silent. I'm killed today, and he converts someone tonight. Why would he need to "save" me?

I find it odd that you don't acknowledge that it's a viable strategy. It seems to me that there is a crucial balance for the things to get to, and that would be at least three. At that point the balance tips and it's going to take three correct tests in a row for the scientists to win. If CW doesn't come out and "clear" you, then you're back to one thing, a conversion and square one. Any of us might or might not make that same gamble in that circumstance, but it's hard to deny that it makes sense.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #1110
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

dola

I do think Coffee is clean, but if pushed to choose one of the main four to test today it would be him, simply because if we have to merely find a scientist then he would be the most valuble of the four to clear IMHO. I would still prefer to go in another direction, however.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #1111
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney
Blade clearly has no problem with fake reveals, as shown in the Lost game when he claimed 3 or 4 different roles before settling on ultimate superhero who couldn't be killed, and if anyone tried to harm him it would result in multiple deaths.
To be fair, he was telling the truth for at least some of it.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #1112
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
FWIW, this was the vote count when I voted for saldana. If I were a Thing, I would be better off voting for Barkeep or Dubb. Why would I have voted for my fellow Thing?
BECUASE YOU TRUMPETED ALL DAY BEFORE ABOUT HOW YOU THOUGHT HE WAS A THING...AM I STUTTERING HERE? THAT VOTE COUNT PROVES THAT YOU WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED SALDANA TO GAIN A LOT OF HEAT...

Is this thing on??
Demotivation
Old 04-20-2006, 05:41 PM   #1113
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
To be fair, he was telling the truth for at least some of it.
I fingered 3 of the 4 lost for you guys! Gah, i really was trying to help
Demotivation
Old 04-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #1114
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Just before I place a vote does anyone have a vote count?
Old 04-20-2006, 05:42 PM   #1115
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm voting for Coffee because I think voting for he or Blade will pinpoint the combo of CW/RA or Blade/dubb.

Blade seems more willing to be tested, just so he can prove st. cronin wrong. But, nonetheless, he is willing. Also, st. cronin seems to strongly believe that Blade needs to be tested.

CW is willing to be tested, but only after Blade and WVU fan.

These are probably small comments that do not matter a great deal, but that is kind of what I am looking at now. That is why I wish someone could condemn or clear one of the two. I feel like if we get this one right, we could roll up a win.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:43 PM   #1116
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I find it odd that you don't acknowledge that it's a viable strategy. It seems to me that there is a crucial balance for the things to get to, and that would be at least three. At that point the balance tips and it's going to take three correct tests in a row for the scientists to win. If CW doesn't come out and "clear" you, then you're back to one thing, a conversion and square one. Any of us might or might not make that same gamble in that circumstance, but it's hard to deny that it makes sense.
I'm sorry, but I don't see how it makes any sense. Their best bet right now is to lay low and let us test each other while they convert. To me, it's too early in the game to gamble like you suggest.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:44 PM   #1117
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
dola

I do think Coffee is clean, but if pushed to choose one of the main four to test today it would be him, simply because if we have to merely find a scientist then he would be the most valuble of the four to clear IMHO. I would still prefer to go in another direction, however.

Finding a scientist does NO good. Because then there's the night cycle, and the test is invalid. That's the trick to this game: It's incredibly important to vote for a Thing.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:44 PM   #1118
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

My current vote is based upon your first assumption. It might not seem that way, but I'm not locked into it if someone can convince me there's a better option out there. I'm just trying to nail a thing here. But I've seen no better option yet.

I'm not sold on Blade being bad. His tone is different this time than it was when he was bad in Barkeeps game.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:44 PM   #1119
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Just before I place a vote does anyone have a vote count?

vote blade, plz k thx
Old 04-20-2006, 05:45 PM   #1120
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
BECUASE YOU TRUMPETED ALL DAY BEFORE ABOUT HOW YOU THOUGHT HE WAS A THING...AM I STUTTERING HERE? THAT VOTE COUNT PROVES THAT YOU WOULD NOT HAVE EXPECTED SALDANA TO GAIN A LOT OF HEAT...

Is this thing on??
I also said that day that it would be better to validate Barkeep to see if he was on the level. I did not trumpet all day about how I thought he was a Thing. Show me.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:46 PM   #1121
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
Finding a scientist does NO good. Because then there's the night cycle, and the test is invalid. That's the trick to this game: It's incredibly important to vote for a Thing.

Yes, I completely agree. But if I am fairly sure that all of the main suspects everyone else wants to vote for are clean, and my main candidate I would like to check out (Barkeep) is getting no momentum, then what to do? So, if forced, I will vote for the person who I think would bring greatest benefit if he's cleared.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:47 PM   #1122
st.cronin
General Manager

I don't understand this wanting to validate somebody, when as you've validated them, your test is invalid.

knives out
Old 04-20-2006, 05:48 PM   #1123
Blade6119
Coordinator

Some saldana quotes(most of them) from the day he died...most are interesting, including the final one where he talks around about cronin supporting him. Interesting since cronin is now supporting RA/CW

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
suspect all you want jackass, you can buy into the raiders army school of logic all damn day, i know im a scientist.

as far as why i went back at RA so hard, history between us has me very wary of him....his little "i'm too drunk to read straight, but i ended up being right" nonsense from the lost game has me a little bit defensive when he starts pointing fingers.

i guess it doesnt matter though....we always have the same reactions to accusations in games that we dont actually die.

but since i still think his logic is bullshit

vote raiders army
Quote:
allow me to elaborate a bit on why i voted for raiders.

1. i always find fault with his logic, his accusation of me in this game is no exception, as i think i have already shown

2. i was a little annoyed that he announced the brilliant thing so freaking fast...if you notice a code that allows you to build a circle of trust...why announce it...why not keep it under your hat on the chance that others havent noticed it(which i did), so that you have a group you can trust that may or may not be public knowledge. thats not something a scientist would do, imo. if we remember the lost game, that time, the code stayed hidden for 3 days, and ended up being a complete road map to the others...this time, it got pulled into the open so fast that it isnt nearly as damning.....imo, only a thing would have wanted that exposed so fast.

my vote stays where it is.

barkeep, i don't know what to tell you as far as your suspicions of me go, i dont really understand them other than you are supporting RA from yesterday
Quote:
if you go back and look at when i posted my "regular" post, it was after swaggs' comment, which game before the Game Post 1, and after blades'. it wasnt until raiders made his much more obvious comment "simple, but brilliant scientist" that it set off bells and i went back and reread the entire game and noticed the pattern. if i had come back and posted about my brilliance at that point, it would have looked very obvious, more so than raiders, and i didnt want to draw attention to it.
Quote:
only have a second to check in while i am at work, but i wanted to comment on this...i can understand the people that think i went strong at raiders and why that draws suspicion on me.. the only answer i have for that is that i, like others in the past, and probably others in this game, forgot that i didnt die when i get the most votes. if you put my reaction into typical werewolf game perspective, instead of in the testing perspective, i think my reaction is totally normal...no one wants to die on day one....put that in comparison to my attitude today, and it is totally different, or indifferent if you would like, because i realized that getting the most votes is not necessarily a bad thing ( it could be bad if the things are using the "convert whoever is tested" plan)

as far as my vote for the day, i know absolutely nothing about this theme, so if cronin has some kind of theory that will help us with the barkeep issue, i will

unvote raiders
vote barkeep
Quote:
all i can say at this point is what i have already said several times, i am a scientist, not a thing...voting for me wont help us get the things, however, i think we should examine cronin's posts...if he is saying a test of barkeep may have further benefits other than clearing him, assuming he is a good guy, that is a bigger benefit than testing me and having me cleared for 12 hours.

thats all i got.
Demotivation
Old 04-20-2006, 05:48 PM   #1124
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Yes, I completely agree. But if I am fairly sure that all of the main suspects everyone else wants to vote for are clean, and my main candidate I would like to check out (Barkeep) is getting no momentum, then what to do? So, if forced, I will vote for the person who I think would bring greatest benefit if he's cleared.

If you think Barkeep is bad, then does that mean you thought Qwik was good? Or do you think BK was converted?

Also I don't see how anbody can be considered 'clean.' Everybody's a suspect, to some degree.

knives out
Old 04-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #1125
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Vote Coffee Warlord

Just checked back a page for a vote count and if I voted for Blade, which I don't want to do anyway, it would cause a tie.

If a late, late, late bandwagon is willing to on Barkeep I will switch to him.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:49 PM   #1126
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I don't see how it makes any sense. Their best bet right now is to lay low and let us test each other while they convert. To me, it's too early in the game to gamble like you suggest.
Test each other by not testing the seer and the person he clears? Normally, you would be clear for days...unfortunately im stubborn
Demotivation
Old 04-20-2006, 05:50 PM   #1127
Swaggs
Coordinator

What time is the deadline tonight? I want to try to be around, in case there is a tie.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:52 PM   #1128
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I don't understand this wanting to validate somebody, when as you've validated them, your test is invalid.

If CW comes clean today, that means he is not lying regarding his views. Therefore, RA is most likely clean today too and Hoops was clean day one. This simply gets us more information to use, even if it could be incorrect now I would rather have someone confirmed they were a villager yesterday than not confirmed anyway at all.

Besides, I WOULD RATHER VOTE FOR BARKEEP BUT NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:52 PM   #1129
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
What time is the deadline tonight? I want to try to be around, in case there is a tie.

It's in 10 mins or less.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #1130
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
If CW comes clean today, that means he is not lying regarding his views. Therefore, RA is most likely clean today too and Hoops was clean day one. This simply gets us more information to use, even if it could be incorrect now I would rather have someone confirmed they were a villager yesterday than not confirmed anyway at all.

Besides, I WOULD RATHER VOTE FOR BARKEEP BUT NO ONE ELSE WANTS TO.

Vote your conscience. If that makes the numbers a tie, somebody else will change.

knives out
Old 04-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #1131
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Some saldana quotes(most of them) from the day he died...most are interesting, including the final one where he talks around about cronin supporting him. Interesting since cronin is now supporting RA/CW
Finally you actually went back to find something. You still didn't prove how I was

Quote:

Is this thing on??

Try quoting me.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #1132
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
It's in 10 mins or less.

plus 2 hours, I believe

knives out
Old 04-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #1133
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
It's in 10 mins or less.
I thought we had another 2 hours. It's only 7 pm EST.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:54 PM   #1134
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

This is pretty much where I am.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #1135
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
If you think Barkeep is bad, then does that mean you thought Qwik was good? Or do you think BK was converted?

I am not sure regarding Qwik to be honest, certainly not as sure as I was when it first occured. Also, I think that Barkeep would've been a very tempting conversion target as on day 1 and day 2 he was almost by consensus seen as a good guy who offed a Thing.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:55 PM   #1136
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
BTW, that was all saldana overreacting to a little comment I made the day before. I'm still from Missouri. Show me.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:56 PM   #1137
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Wow am I thrilled that unzipping my fly is going to prove to be totally useless now.

Guess what? Unless there IS a bodyguard out there, if I'm voted today, the odds of me getting converted go from high to damn near 100%. The Things can't afford to do otherwise.

Can say all you want about how only a Thing doesn't want to be tested, but voting me is going to fuck us.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #1138
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I thought we had another 2 hours. It's only 7 pm EST.

My mistake, I forgot the 7pm deadline was for night actions.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #1139
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Finally you actually went back to find something. You still didn't prove how I was

Try quoting me.
Post 374/375...just stunning turnaround in a matter of 1 post

Quote:
LOL. That was great!

Anyhow, again my suspicion of you was not much at all. Enough for a day 1 vote, but I'm not sure about a Day 2 vote based upon the whole "Regular" thing. Looking back, I worded my posts incorrectly; I was far less certain of you being a Thing than you thought I thought. Your reaction was a little strange, but whatever...
Quote:
VOTE SALDANA

Sorry man. I just don't follow your logic (but maybe that's because I'm illogical). I welcome any votes against me so I know I'm cleared; however, if I am cleared tonight, then it will waste a day of voting. I don't agree with voting for Barkeep, since he does seem to be on the level. You're on his list of six, so I'm going for you.

If thats not odd, i dont know what it
Demotivation
Old 04-20-2006, 05:58 PM   #1140
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I already responded to this.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #1141
Blade6119
Coordinator

374 is the exact post a converted thing would make, and 375 one after being told not to change your play-style...reason it for me buddy, lets see what you can come up with
Demotivation
Old 04-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #1142
Raiders Army
Coordinator

And you still didn't prove how I was trumpeting saldana as a Thing.
Old 04-20-2006, 05:59 PM   #1143
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I already responded to this.
Do it again, for me...pretty please
Demotivation
Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #1144
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Post #1018
Quote:
First off, nice analysis. I don't think I'd have the patience to do all of this.

Unfortunately, when you're looking at so many posts sometimes you can't see the forest for the trees. Post 374 was why I voted for him on Day 1. Post 375 was my vote for him on Day 2. I can't remember what happened in those ten minutes. Boss came into my office? What I read in that is that I explained why I voted for him on Day 1 in the first post which was totally separate from the next post where I voted for him on Day 2. Obviously a lot happened between Day 1 and Day 2.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #1145
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Vote Coffee Warlord

Just checked back a page for a vote count and if I voted for Blade, which I don't want to do anyway, it would cause a tie.

If a late, late, late bandwagon is willing to on Barkeep I will switch to him.

If CW switches to blade and you vote blade there will be no tie.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #1146
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
And you still didn't prove how I was trumpeting saldana as a Thing.
Actually reviewing your posts, after you voted saldana you made like 5 posts, almost all entirely useless...so you didnt trumpet all day, i was mistaken there
Demotivation
Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #1147
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Actually, since we've all voted, I beileve that our esteemed GM can call time at any moment.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #1148
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Is there anyone out there who wishes to abstain from the big 4? If so I would like to try and consolidate our votes as much as possible so maybe we could bring somebody over.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #1149
Raiders Army
Coordinator

This is what I mean about you not reading.
Old 04-20-2006, 06:01 PM   #1150
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Actually reviewing your posts, after you voted saldana you made like 5 posts, almost all entirely useless...so you didnt trumpet all day, i was mistaken there
w00t! I got you to admit you were wrong!