Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #1101
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
gramm, this is a bad strategy IMO. If we elect swaggs he will have to use one of his actions to free himself and another to jail someone so we will be in the same situation tomorrow with only one lynch candidate.

Whoever is sheriff will have to eventually free swaggs or he just takes up space that we need free in the pokey.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #1102
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Elect ntndeacon
No lynch
I don't know if Saldana is a cowboy or not, but he's not helping our cause right now by only having trusted players in jail.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:53 PM   #1103
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

dola,

I think jailing Swaggs was a very bad move to start with. Plus earlier in the game Swaggs specifically said he did not think the pokey should be used for protection.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #1104
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I have soccer practice again tonight so I will go ahead and vote just in case.

Elect ntndeacon

...and just for the record.

No Lynch
Old 10-11-2006, 03:56 PM   #1105
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
gramm, this is a bad strategy IMO. If we elect swaggs he will have to use one of his actions to free himself and another to jail someone so we will be in the same situation tomorrow with only one lynch candidate.

We can correct the "one" candidate concern, by voting who to Lynch right now anyway. Whoever gets voted, the Sheriff jails and we lynch tomorrow.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:57 PM   #1106
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grammaticus View Post
Either way, Swaggs has nothing better to do at night. Everyone saw him change the lynch vote to a "no lynch".

Plus NTNdeacon was mean and unfriendly when he came by Anxiety's house and saw CR there instead - that is what Anxiety said.

That's true, but since then, I have reviewed my pm more closely and alighted upon ntn's exact role. I am now much more confident about ntn than Lathum, and have stated so since earlky yesterday. I'm confident enough to vote for him.

I am no longer the only person vouching for ntn, and that has to give you some confidence.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #1107
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
With you as sheriff, we get 3 night actions involving jail every 3 days. That could be useful.
We get that whether or not he is sheriff.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #1108
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't think Barkeep is going to get the 11 votes required for a change. I think a change needs to happen so I am going to change my vote.

UNELECT Barkeep
ELECT ntndeacon
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #1109
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Whoever is sheriff will have to eventually free swaggs or he just takes up space that we need free in the pokey.

i understand this, it just seems more logical to jail 2 people tonight so we have more to discuss tomorrow, then tomorrow night we can start swapping people out more steadly. Am I missing something here?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:59 PM   #1110
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glengoyne View Post
We get that whether or not he is sheriff.

Yeah, yeah. That's very true. I guess I was thinking that it would be a good thing if the same person made all 3 actions.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #1111
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
That's true, but since then, I have reviewed my pm more closely and alighted upon ntn's exact role. I am now much more confident about ntn than Lathum, and have stated so since earlky yesterday. I'm confident enough to vote for him.

I am no longer the only person vouching for ntn, and that has to give you some confidence.

I do have some confidence in him. If I am gleaning what I should from the all the prior posts about him, I think I know his role too. I think things would be a bit safer with swaggs, who likely could not have been converted from Jail yesterday evening.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #1112
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
i understand this, it just seems more logical to jail 2 people tonight so we have more to discuss tomorrow, then tomorrow night we can start swapping people out more steadly. Am I missing something here?

I don't think so. I see it pretty much the way you do.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:01 PM   #1113
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

vote NTNdeacon
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #1114
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Either way, Swaggs has nothing better to do at night. Everyone saw him change the lynch vote to a "no lynch".

Plus NTNdeacon was mean and unfriendly when he came by Anxiety's house and saw CR there instead - that is what Anxiety said.

I want to correct this misconception. A heriff/role can do both their role and the sheriff stuff at the same time, so voting for Swaggs just because he doesn;t have a useful role and that won;t interfere with his sheriff duties is just not understanding the rules.

For verification, allow me to quote the rules:

Quote:
The Sheriff has two additional night actions each night (to add to any other possible night actions they may have previously due to their game role.)

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:03 PM   #1115
hoopsguy
General Manager

Chubby, on the topic of "turning the guns in peacefully" - if that was your reason for no lynch, so be it.

But, do we expect that the Cowboys will resist arrest? If so, then the only people who will find themselves in jail are the innocent, as the Cowboys would have to be shot in the streets (by Sheriff or in showdowns).

My suspicion is that a Cowboy turns in his weapon just like everyone else. Otherwise the Jail option really doesn't work for the game.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #1116
path12
Coordinator

There are some weird tangents being played this game. I don't understand where many of you are coming from.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:07 PM   #1117
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I want to correct this misconception. A heriff/role can do both their role and the sheriff stuff at the same time, so voting for Swaggs just because he doesn;t have a useful role and that won;t interfere with his sheriff duties is just not understanding the rules.

-Anxiety

I think you missed my point. I understand they can do their sheriff role AND their other night actions.

But, the sheriff is safe when executing his actions from the sheriff job, but NOT safe when executing his night actions from his other role. If a Sheriff is killed at night while doing his other actions, he may not get to complete his sheriff actions, resulting in a "no jail". So, if you are only doing Sheriff actions, you are safe and we are assured of a "jailing".

Is that right?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:08 PM   #1118
SnDvls
Pro Starter

ELECT NTN
we need a new sheriff who everyone can trust.
no offense to Sal, but some new trusted blood can
only help us.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #1119
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

-Anxiety

I'm thinking one advantage to a sheriff without a night action, is that they are invulnerable, as I understand it, when carrying out their sheriff responsibilities. They are susceptible to other night actions when carrying out their own night actions. So if a Sheriff doesn't have a night action, IMO he probably can't be corrupted by the night actions of others.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:14 PM   #1120
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Oh yeah what I said and what Gram said.

To think, I was leaning toward doubting you earlier Gram. Now you are down right making sense.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:17 PM   #1121
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Elect NTN
I'm just going to jump on the bandwagon here, although the only one I come close to trusting more is Swaggs. It just doesn't make much sense for him to be elected today.

No Lynch

I'm also thinking that Saldana should be strongly considered for jailing.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:22 PM   #1122
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
There are some weird tangents being played this game. I don't understand where many of you are coming from.

Could you elaborate?

knives out
Old 10-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #1123
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Another couple of people have piqued my interest regarding jail as well. Racer leading that list. I could be wrong, but he doesn't seem to have been all that helpful in the effort to piece things together. Tie that together with me simply not being on the same page with him in some of his posts, and he moves up the list for consideration.

Regarding Chubby. He has been up and about at night, but he has been sharing his information, and I don't think that is a cowboy thing to do.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:26 PM   #1124
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Elect NTN

since i doubt i can get to be the sheriff

No Lynch

damn i want a shootout. someone point me to someone that needs a killin
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #1125
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

what really pisses me off is i now think Chubby is likely a villager. i so wanted to get in a showdown with him
Old 10-11-2006, 04:29 PM   #1126
st.cronin
General Manager

For our sherriff:

Jail Lonestargirl and Saldana

knives out
Old 10-11-2006, 04:31 PM   #1127
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

NTN, it is looking like you may wear the star after today. If so, who would you want to jail?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:34 PM   #1128
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
what really pisses me off is i now think Chubby is likely a villager. i so wanted to get in a showdown with him

Bulletsponge, why did you get drunk yesterday? Is it just something you may do on any day?
Old 10-11-2006, 04:36 PM   #1129
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Could you elaborate?

I think someone who is driving the discussion (and I'm not sure who) is playing us. And I really really really don't get the whole Saldana hate thing. And it seems like we are trusting people on far less evidence than usual.

I wish I could be more specific but I think I need to ponder it and get a chance to analyze some peoples posts some more before pointing fingers.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:39 PM   #1130
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I think someone who is driving the discussion (and I'm not sure who) is playing us. And I really really really don't get the whole Saldana hate thing. And it seems like we are trusting people on far less evidence than usual.

I wish I could be more specific but I think I need to ponder it and get a chance to analyze some peoples posts some more before pointing fingers.

Speaking only for myself, it's not so much hatred of saldana as a desire to have somebody in that role who is above suspicion. GE was accusing him of being a cowboy last night - with ntndeacon in that role, that sort of play wouldn't work.

knives out
Old 10-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #1131
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Bulletsponge, why did you get drunk yesterday? Is it just something you may do on any day?

yes, a vice of mine is Booze. sometimes i will drink too much preventing me from doing actions or voting on a day
Old 10-11-2006, 04:41 PM   #1132
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I am all for jailing Saldana but why me? I have told y'all everything I know, and it ain't much. Racer doesn't talk much, neither does Path. Why not them? Or Fouts? I revealed my role on day one, I am a mere singer . I heard shots that same night, but I was tired and went back to sleep. Other than that I cannot contribute much. I assure you I am a villager

Elect NTNDeacon
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:45 PM   #1133
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

UnElect Barkeep

forgot to do this.

I am going to the puppy park, i'll be back later.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:49 PM   #1134
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
Racer doesn't talk much, neither does Path.

I don't? I may not be the most talkative, but I've certainly been around. And I do have more posts in thread than you.....
Old 10-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #1135
Fouts
College Starter

I have nothing to add. It looks like ntn is trusted by multiple people since he has been interacting publicly with so many.

elect NTN

I'm not sure saldana is bad, but I don't like there being no real suspects in the jail.
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:51 PM   #1136
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
And I do have more posts in thread than you.....

More posts that don't count, to be precise.

knives out
Old 10-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #1137
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I am all for jailing Saldana but why me? I have told y'all everything I know, and it ain't much. Racer doesn't talk much, neither does Path. Why not them? Or Fouts? I revealed my role on day one, I am a mere singer . I heard shots that same night, but I was tired and went back to sleep. Other than that I cannot contribute much. I assure you I am a villager

Elect NTNDeacon

Wow, is that a bus some of us just got thrown under? Way to make friends.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:52 PM   #1138
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Wow, is that a bus some of us just got thrown under? Way to make friends.

Maybe I should have said horse and buggy.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #1139
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
You just made this post so you could have the most posts that don't count. Well I am not going to let you get away with it. I want to be the one that doesn't count the most
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #1140
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
yes, a vice of mine is Booze. sometimes i will drink too much preventing me from doing actions or voting on a day

One thing I found interesting was that you did make a vote, but Alan ignored it. So, I think that backs up your story about being drunk.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:54 PM   #1141
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Depends on your viewpoint I guess. You and I are seeing things differently this game but I don't get a bad vibe from you.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:55 PM   #1142
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
ntndeacon visited me last night. I didn't get a cowboy vibe from him, but it was pretty confusing, so who knows.

Quote:
By the way, ntn, is it possible that an outcome you expected did not happen? I think what you were trying to do did not work. At any rate, I'm pretty sure I know your role, and would be very comfortable with you as sherriff.

Cronin, these were your first two posts today commenting on NTN - which I find kind of interesting because Anxiety had a similar experience where he seemed confused initially about NTN but then came around vouching for him fully.

I just don't understand why both of you guys had a neutral/uneasy reaction initially but soon thereafter became his biggest supporter.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:59 PM   #1143
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Elect NTNDeacon

What part of town do you live in?
Old 10-11-2006, 05:02 PM   #1144
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Cronin, these were your first two posts today commenting on NTN - which I find kind of interesting because Anxiety had a similar experience where he seemed confused initially about NTN but then came around vouching for him fully.

I just don't understand why both of you guys had a neutral/uneasy reaction initially but soon thereafter became his biggest supporter.

In my case it was because I didn't realize what role ntn had - once I realized that, what had happened made perfect sense, and it was immediately clear that he was NOT a cowboy.

It is POSSIBLE for his role to be a cowboy role, but the way our meeting played out, he is clearly NOT a cowboy.

knives out
Old 10-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #1145
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You just made this post so you could have the most posts that don't count. Well I am not going to let you get away with it. I want to be the one that doesn't count the most

The game's winning team gets a bonus of 400 posts each that won't count at the end of the game. I'll be writing that into the rules tonight.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #1146
st.cronin
General Manager

forgot if I made this vote or not:

NO LYNCH

knives out
Old 10-11-2006, 05:05 PM   #1147
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
The game's winning team gets a bonus of 400 posts each that won't count at the end of the game. I'll be writing that into the rules tonight.

D'oh! I just realized that cronin's comment went right over my head.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:06 PM   #1148
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
I also feel like you've been trying to steer people in the wrong direction a couple of times, like with advocating retaining saldana as sherriff earlier today. I hope you're not a cowboy, and I don't particularly think you are one - but you tingled my spidey sense once or twice.

The same with LSG.

Saw this while tallying votes - missed this earlier or I would have responded to it.

I don't think earlier today I advocated retaining Saldana. I did reply to GE that I thought Saldana was a rational player in WW games and that I wanted to hear his reasons. But that was to evaluate his arguments, rather than to squarely back him. At that point I thought there was a very real threat of a shootout between GE and Saldana. I didn't want that to happen, at least not before Saldana was around to talk about why he selected Swaggs with his one jail decision last night.

If there is another post you are referring to here please pull it up and I'll try to respond.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:07 PM   #1149
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
D'oh! I just realized that cronin's comment went right over my head.

And another one! You keep making posts that don't count. Very suspicious.

knives out
Old 10-11-2006, 05:09 PM   #1150
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

I also

VOTE no lynch

I think we should be lynching, but not our only option, Swaggs